Medical Science & Computing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Haley Esser

"Excellent work, but needs more communication"

Current Employee - Contractor in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Contractor in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is average, but benefits are really good

Program staff are very supportive of contractors on site, and care about the government customer

Company is growing fast and still pays attention to individual employees, less of a corporate feel and more like a family

Cons

Contractors don't interact with other programs much, would be nice to know more about what other people are doing

Everything feels very secretive, you are told only what you need to know

Advice to Management

Let programs interact more, help experienced contractors move up into new roles so they aren't stuck in the same job. Please keep up the attention to detail and consideration, just share with us a little more please.

"Great company but future is uncertain"

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time

Pros

So far, it has been great. Flexible schedule/teleworking is encouraged, relaxed and informal working environment, family friendly summer BBQ and holiday party, coworkers are very friendly, and company seems to have good relationship with clients.

Cons

MSC was acquired in 2016 by another contracting company that does not have a great reputation, so it remains to be seen how this will affect MSC. I did not find out about this until several months later from a coworker; there was no announcement to employees. Also, they do not give you much notice about whether or not contracts with clients will be renewed, which can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Please keep your employees better informed on what is happening with the company.

3. "Good company!"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people who manage the company.

Cons

Routine reports need to be provided every month.

"Great company, great client"

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Program Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm an MSC contractor working at NIH. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the company. The salary is reasonable, the benefits are great, and while I don't work directly with MSC staff day-to-day, they are always very responsive and helpful if I have questions.

Cons

I don't really have cons, at this point. I think a lot depends on the staff you end up working with at the client agency. I've had no issues with MSC in almost 2 years of working for them.

"Medical Science and Computing is amongst the best Federal contractors."

Current Employee - Systems/Applications Architect in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Systems/Applications Architect in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Their primary contracts are for good causes - non DoD. The management is available. The benefits are good. They will support their employees.

Cons

As with any federal contractor, there is very limited lateral movement within the company, and the opportunity for advancement is only there if the federal agency or project is growing.

"Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Rockville, MD

Pros

The benefits are great and the company is flexible.

Cons

Received some resistance when trying to enroll in a class.

"Senior Research Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Pros

A great staff that works well to connect contractors to company and be accesible.

Cons

Everyone contract position has the possibility to not be renewed, so low job security.

Advice to Management

Help individuals that are high performers stay employed through other open contract positions.

9. "Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a great team, professional people who sincerely care about doing a good job. I have good career growth potential and the opportunity to learn new skills. There is no micromanagement, I am free to get my work done the best way I can.

Cons

As a small but growing company we do not have the name recognition our larger competitors have. As we continue to grow and do good work I expect more people will hear about us and our brand will grow.

"A pleasant, hands off staffing agency."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pleasant and unobtrusive with good benefits. Willing to invest in staff training. Efficient recruitment process. Low bureaucratic burden relative to equivalent federal employees.

Cons

Not very engaged with employees. Delegates employee oversight completely to Government contract holder. Opportunities for movement or advancement very limited. Compensation limited by Government policy, regardless of performance.

Advice to Management

Broaden Federal Agency customer base. This would grow and diversify revenue and afford employees movement and career development opportunities.

"Excellent company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Medical Science & Computing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company management bends over backwards to make sure that revenue talent feel appreciated.

Cons

As is always the case with Fed. Govt. staffing companies, the positions available are completely controlled by their clients. All positions are subject to continued federal funding.