Medisca Reviews | Glassdoor

Antonio Dos Santos

1. "account executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great people and company atmosphere. Upper management have built a great sales environment.

Cons

Going up the ladder doesn't have many opportunities.

Advice to Management

keep up great work

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Coppell, TX

I worked at Medisca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

these glassdoor reviews (please listen to them)
    **honestly the company has really bad management (once proper training and proper management is in full effect the company could be somewhat decent.)

Cons

*management (very poor)
    *EXTREMELY high turn over rate
    *policies and procedures (no guidelines or proper foundation)
    Canadian holidays
    poor breaks
    roles are never solid
    --management pretty much will have you complete everyone else job or assist unless Medisca is being audited or reveiwed
    *Manipulative attitudes
    ***short story.. while 8 months pregnant one of the employees was told to lift very heavy barrels and to constantly speed up the process and work with dangerous chemicals which was very uncomfortable witnessing. While other employees, mostly male, would simply count items and do other miscellaneous projects

Advice to Management

Get new management
    Have better and more understanding policies and procedures

"Over managed, Under appreciated"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Portland, OR

Pros

Great IT department. They make sure you have everything you need in the field to perform your job duties.

Cons

Upper Management does not care or consult employees about job or training guidelines. Supervisors are allowed to neglect and discriminate against reps.

Advice to Management

Show some commission and understanding towards employees. You cannot build a successful company by beating up employees that are doing their job and exceeding sales goals

"medisca is the worst company i ever encountered in my life"

Former Employee - QC Technician in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - QC Technician in Irving, TX

Pros

there are no reasons to work here. they will fire you for no reason.

Cons

they are not organized, everything about this company is failure.

Advice to Management

my advice to the management is that they need to close down this facility

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Employee in Plattsburgh, NY
    Former Employee - Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

I worked at Medisca full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They give you decent vacation time.

Cons

Micromanagement, no communication, no room for advancement, criminal company.

Advice to Management

Get some training.

"Team Player Environment"

Current Employee - Assistant to the Vice President in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant to the Vice President in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Medisca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I come from a customer service background and I must say that I have never experienced this type of training before. From the minute I started my first day, to the end of the week - My days were filled with meeting with the most wonderful group of individuals I have ever experienced in a business environment. They were passionate, happy and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that I understood their department and what they did to enhance the company. Even extending a helping hand after my training to make sure that I succeed in my new role. I am sorry to say that this is rare in a company to find this kind of passion and refreshing to know that it still exists. You can see that this passion starts at the top and each and every member of this team has a great attitude – follow by example!

Cons

There are no Cons to my experience - I believe every company should take some advice from these individuals, as they are Customer Service Driven!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, as you are "leading by example" which shows through all your team members.

"I love what I do but the Sales Manager was not honest about the pay or the opportunity for growth."

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

It's a good entry level job to get experience in pharmaceutical and medical device sales.

Cons

The commissions are extremely low so it is hard to stay motivated and there is no incentive to overachieve. There is no training on products or proper product support. They like to micromanage to the point of feeling inadequate. Management demands products and information in untimely manner without proper guidance or explanation of the benefits. There is no employee benefits so good luck on retirement.

Advice to Management

Take some sales management courses and devise a commission structure that will reward your sales people for all their hard work. Make goals attainable and the pay out worth while. Come up with accelerators and Presidents Clubs and other incentives to keep sales people motivated. Offer constructive criticism and ask for feedback on making the company better.

9. "This is a great company to be a part of."

Pros

I love my job, I love the people I work with, and IMO this company has some amazing leaders in place who are ready to propel it forward. If you follow Warren Buffett at all, his quote sums it up - "When you find that job that causes you to be excited every day – forget about the pay – with people you love, doing what you love, it doesn’t get any better than that.” If you get an opportunity to be a part of this organization, I would highly recommend taking it.

Cons

There aren't many cons. I guess there's room for improvement as far as holidays, sick days, PTO etc. Those type of benefits are weak. But weak is better than nothing.

"Really behind the times"

Pros

Not many pros, but I guess it could be a bridge to something better. Can be Very cliquish but there were a few people there who were nice to work with.

Cons

Where do I start? It's like working in the dark ages. Or the industrial revolution. You have to punch a time clock for literally everything. Even if you're in sales or an account executive. Breaks, lunch, in, out, everything. This is forced on the employees by the owners of the company. Nepotism is rampant, if you're related to them you might not have to punch a time clock. They dock your pay if you're one minute late and No, you can't stay late to make up for it. You only have 45 minutes for lunch, WHO still does that?!? Vacation time is awful, sick time policy is awful, worst benefits I've ever seen.

Advice to Management

Get with the times.

"Poor Workplace Culture"

Former Employee - QC Technician
    Former Employee - QC Technician

Pros

Mon-Fri, weekends off...nothing else

Cons

Micromanagement, harassment, devalue safety high turnover, lack of business sense