KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Structured, performant, and positive place to work

May 4, 2022 - Marketing Operations in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been quite happy on the marketing team at Mendix. The company enables and encourages performance with a strong focus on employee well-being. There's a healthy structure around work and the planning thereof that allows employees to do good work without the distraction of chaos or shifting priorities. In general, there's a lot of thoughtfulness and compassion both on the leadership team and in the ranks. This positive company culture has endured even through a fairly significant leadership change, which is encouraging. There's also a great focus on doing best-in-class work on pretty much every functional team, and I've been really happy with how much I've learned here.

Cons

That same structure can make it difficult to initiate truly cross functional work at the grassroots without strong buy-in from leadership. In most cases, this is fine, but it means you'll need to be adept at managing upwards and getting leadership buy-in to have a high impact. The structure can also sometimes make it easy to get "stuck in your lane" without a clear next step career-wise -- it sometimes feels like you need to understand corporate structures really well to advance, more than other places I've worked. If you're willing to self-advocate though, there is career progression, but the recognition doesn't come passively.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

SDR

Aug 15, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- sales training for the role - promotions available to move into individual contributor role

Cons

- difficult to attain prescribed promotions

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Even more "Mendix Blue" in '22

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- High growth company in a rocket ship of a market - New management team is a breath of fresh air - Lots of great, smart people - Culture values ideas and outcomes over politics

Cons

- Relationship with Siemens is "complicated" at times - Minimal equity to go around can make hiring challenging

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to start your sales career

Mar 14, 2022 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good sales training - Management support - Ability to run your own discovery meetings which helps develop skills - Can work with prospects in many different industries - Career development is defined - Decent compensation structure

Cons

- Career development is defined but timeline is unclear - Not much visibility to opportunities after qualification

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place, great product

Feb 14, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strongest product in the low code space. Great internal culture.

Cons

Siemens sales reps should align with Mendix reps to drive deals outside of manufacturing.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to grow, but not forever.

Feb 3, 2022 - Prefer Not To Say in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is also a con, and I mention this below, but Mendix lacks true leadership seemingly at every level - because of this - competent employees can get tasked with items way over their pay grade, which can be a good experience to put on your resume. The Strategy, Process, and tech change just like any startup in hypergrowth, so much so that the change becomes the norm. As far as the US goes, solid benefits that you'd not find at another start-up (thank you, Siemens). WFH 1st company People. Although they rarely last long for whatever reason, the people you do work with are brilliant & collaborative.

Cons

As I mentioned above, there is no true leadership, no clear mission - and whatever mission exists, changes bi-weekly in terms of strategy, process, and tech. So much so, that nothing is ever written down, and folks tasked with documentation/clearing tech-debt, create documents that become obsolete in a matter of days. The only emails I ever received from HR seemed to be when someone tested positive in the office. I had to reach out to HR asking to schedule my exit interview (LOL) On top of that, TA is a bit messy (tons of turnover there as well) we once were trying to hire for a Software Engineer position & TA was sending us resume's of Hardware Engineer's & Manufacturing plant workers - not saying those folks were bad - but they had zero experience in the job function we were hiring for - and it wasn't entry-level. As some of the other reviews mentioned, Siemens is trying to help, but they aren't and after 3+ years of semi-integration it hasn't gotten any better.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

Not the same

Feb 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation and benefits Unlimited PTO that is encouraged to take Remote first Good work life balance Growing space

Cons

Warping into Siemens/ not sure the strategy for Mendix future high turnover which leads to low morale unclear on promotion path/career advancement HR does not keep confidentiality Changing processes and strategy too often

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Decaying into Siemens

Jan 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Smart people to work with. * Always something breaking, so you won't get tired.

Cons

* Toxic upper management / Culture * Wildly varying pay scale for similar positions * Terrible Health Insurance * No Raises / RSU / Annual Reviews * No Ability to move up in career * 401k vests over 5 years * Product is not improving and R&D turnover is high *No Onboarding

10 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work

Dec 8, 2021 - Solution Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, Great team and management

Cons

I haven't noticed anything yet

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall great place to work and learn

Dec 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best-in-class product. Siemens' support. Pockets of exceptional talent. Improved diversity. Thoughtful management, especially during Covid.

Cons

Bureaucracy around finance and HR.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 234 Reviews
</>Embed

Mendix Reviews FAQs

Mendix has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 287 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Mendix to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mendix employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mendix. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

69% of Mendix employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mendix 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mendix to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Mendix Job Seekers