Mendix Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Mendix Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Derek Roos
Derek Roos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great product - Gets more amazing with each new release" (in 9 reviews)

• "The technology was up to date, great place to work" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "HR department doesn't grow with the same pace the company is growing" (in 6 reviews)

• "Occasional growing pains that come with a scale up, but nothing major" (in 10 reviews)

"Never Leaving"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Mendix is unlike one that I have encountered before. I've worked at a handful of companies in a few different industries and they all like to brag about their culture, but few ever deliver anything close to it once you start working there. This is not the case with Mendix - if anything I would say they don't brag enough about it. I do not feel like I am at work here, everyone I see is genuinely happy to be here and in their job role. No one hesitates to lend a helping hand and this is the first job where I actively hang out with my coworkers outside of work.

I made a complete career change into sales when I started here, and the level of training and enablement they have given me has drastically cut down any learning curve. They have a world class sales training program and I am already performing ahead of expectations due to how much focus they've put on developing my skill set.

Our senior leadership is incredible, and also quite young compared to most companies, which means they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and this company is going to continue down this awesome path. The Siemens acquisition did not at all deter the vision they founded this company with, it only fueled it.

I have never truly understood what it was like to work in a company where you are happy to go to work each day until now.

Cons

The Starbucks machine doesn't carry my favorite flavor

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I have been at companies where there were layoffs of half the company at lunch that no one was allowed to talk about, as well as acquisitions and mergers that no one was told of beforehand (while good for business it means employees will be working a lot more to implement). At Mendix there is complete transparency from the leadership, I feel completely in the loop on everything that happens. We have company wide meetings at least once a week where we discuss EVERYTHING going on. This degree of transparency has earned my trust and faith, if you are willing to trust me with knowing everything that's going on than I trust you to lead the way.

"Tremendous trajectory, and great people"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time

Pros

- The low code rapid application development market is gaining momentum, fast. Mendix has a differentiated, quality product and is a true leader in the market. Taken together, this means an opportunity for explosive growth
    - The people at Mendix are great to work with. Most have a proactive, 'get stuff done' mentality and arefriendly, approachable and down to earth
    - Catered lunches twice a week are a nice perk and great way to feel like a tight knit community. Company is increasingly focusing on community and professional development through formal mentorship programs, training, etc.
    - Work life balance is manageable and people respect employees with personal and family commitments

Cons

- As with any fast growth company, there are some moderate growing pains in rolling out new systems, processes and communication
    - Mendix can improve communication between its Rotterdam and Boston offices

Advice to Management

- Keep up the momentum and develop a clear, focused strategy for teams to execute
    - Hire diverse candidates

"Great culture and career opprotunties"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture at Mendix is really hard to find at other companies, they really value their employees to the highest level with happy hours, outings, and meetups. Catered lunches twice a week, loaded snack kitchen and beer fridge is also nice!

Alongside culture, Mendix is a great place to grow your career with great training and free professional development workshops hosted during working hours. They want their employees to stay for the long run and great opportunities within different departments and moving up the ladder, they are great about promoting within.

Cons

no cons except more employee communication if someone leaves.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and driving great culture and a great place for people to work.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - SDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - SDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

people, location, culture, industry leader

Cons

sometimes resources can be slim due to the fast paced growth

"High growth company with strong open culture"

I have been working at Mendix full-time

Pros

Mendix is growing like crazy. We're bringing in new customers and hiring new employees every week. But despite that growth and being acquired by a huge multi-national, Mendix still has that close-knit scrappy, start-uppy feel to it. I'm in an entry-level position, but on any given day I can go directly to C-suite level execs and ask open questions and get straight answers. This is a great place to be to learn and grow under leadership that really cares and emphasizes development of their employees.

Cons

There are definitely growing pains, and sometimes it can be difficult to communicate with the broader global team. People work really hard here, so if "balance" is your top priority, Mendix might not be the place for you.

6. "Great company with even more potential"

I have been working at Mendix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Siemens acquisition will help fuel even faster growth

Cons

Can't wait to move to move to the new office space to accommodate our expanding team.

"Delivering Value in an Exciting and Evolving Market"

I have been working at Mendix full-time

Pros

Passionate and committed team, with tremendous focus on customers.

Cons

There are many enterprise organizations that are yet to experience the value available with a rapid app development platform like Mendix. Continue to bring widespread visibility of customer success & the dramatic impact the platform delivers.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on organizational growth and customer awareness within the market.

"One of the Best Places to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Innovative technology that is transforming the way apps are built, hosted, and managed
    - Having built apps before, using Mendix to create apps makes things much easier
    - An active community of developers to collaborate with
    - Fast paced work environment that makes working hard very easy
    - Friendly employees who make you feel welcomed, while also being very helpful
    - Emphasis on developing your own skills and career path
    - Collaboration between employees and departments makes you feel like a part of a winning team
    - Awesome company parties, events, and socialization time
    - Great location in the heart of Boston's Innovation District

Cons

- I only wish I found Mendix sooner

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I love the culture here at Mendix and can't wait to see it grow.

"Love coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, room for growth, investment in employees, good benefits, amazing company culture, surrounded by a lot of smart, ambitious & highly motivated coworkers, collective desire to drive company success

Cons

Don't have any cons, sales can put you through the ringer, but that's the nature of sales wherever you go

"Great culture, lots of opportunity, a product that delivers great value to customers"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great can-do team culture. The entire office functions as a large "Family", and each new team member is welcomed in quickly and genuinely. Team members and leaders rolls up their sleeves and are ready and willing to move quickly, as long as the positive business impact is clear. The product adds great value to customers, and many are excited to tell their story, which is huge leverage for the sales team to continue to grow. IBM and SAP partnerships also tell a strong story to our prospects about how valuable the product is, as well as continuous improvements. Direct communication internally helps move even faster, with minimal barriers to success and levels of leadership to jump through. Processes are being built, which will help continue to grow the success of the teams as new team members join. Teams are eager to learn and grow skill sets and knowledge together. A few other words come to mind when describing the people - collaborative, fun, challenging, smart, and motivated. No weak links.

Cons

Onboarding for specific role skills is limited given the size of the organization (more startup - like feel in the US), but leadership is aware and actively working to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture, and mission of the company in tact as we grow. Lean on subject matter experts to implement process from experience and grow the teams.