Mendix Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Mendix Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Derek Roos
Derek Roos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great product - Gets more amazing with each new release" (in 9 reviews)

• "The technology was up to date, great place to work" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "HR department doesn't grow with the same pace the company is growing" (in 6 reviews)

• "Occasional growing pains that come with a scale up, but nothing major" (in 10 reviews)

"High growth company with strong open culture"

I have been working at Mendix full-time

Pros

Mendix is growing like crazy. We're bringing in new customers and hiring new employees every week. But despite that growth and being acquired by a huge multi-national, Mendix still has that close-knit scrappy, start-uppy feel to it. I'm in an entry-level position, but on any given day I can go directly to C-suite level execs and ask open questions and get straight answers. This is a great place to be to learn and grow under leadership that really cares and emphasizes development of their employees.

Cons

There are definitely growing pains, and sometimes it can be difficult to communicate with the broader global team. People work really hard here, so if "balance" is your top priority, Mendix might not be the place for you.

2. "Great company with even more potential"

I have been working at Mendix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Siemens acquisition will help fuel even faster growth

Cons

Can't wait to move to move to the new office space to accommodate our expanding team.

"Delivering Value in an Exciting and Evolving Market"

I have been working at Mendix full-time

Pros

Passionate and committed team, with tremendous focus on customers.

Cons

There are many enterprise organizations that are yet to experience the value available with a rapid app development platform like Mendix. Continue to bring widespread visibility of customer success & the dramatic impact the platform delivers.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on organizational growth and customer awareness within the market.

"One of the Best Places to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Innovative technology that is transforming the way apps are built, hosted, and managed
    - Having built apps before, using Mendix to create apps makes things much easier
    - An active community of developers to collaborate with
    - Fast paced work environment that makes working hard very easy
    - Friendly employees who make you feel welcomed, while also being very helpful
    - Emphasis on developing your own skills and career path
    - Collaboration between employees and departments makes you feel like a part of a winning team
    - Awesome company parties, events, and socialization time
    - Great location in the heart of Boston's Innovation District

Cons

- I only wish I found Mendix sooner

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I love the culture here at Mendix and can't wait to see it grow.

"Love coming to work every day"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, room for growth, investment in employees, good benefits, amazing company culture, surrounded by a lot of smart, ambitious & highly motivated coworkers, collective desire to drive company success

Cons

Don't have any cons, sales can put you through the ringer, but that's the nature of sales wherever you go

"Great culture, lots of opportunity, a product that delivers great value to customers"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great can-do team culture. The entire office functions as a large "Family", and each new team member is welcomed in quickly and genuinely. Team members and leaders rolls up their sleeves and are ready and willing to move quickly, as long as the positive business impact is clear. The product adds great value to customers, and many are excited to tell their story, which is huge leverage for the sales team to continue to grow. IBM and SAP partnerships also tell a strong story to our prospects about how valuable the product is, as well as continuous improvements. Direct communication internally helps move even faster, with minimal barriers to success and levels of leadership to jump through. Processes are being built, which will help continue to grow the success of the teams as new team members join. Teams are eager to learn and grow skill sets and knowledge together. A few other words come to mind when describing the people - collaborative, fun, challenging, smart, and motivated. No weak links.

Cons

Onboarding for specific role skills is limited given the size of the organization (more startup - like feel in the US), but leadership is aware and actively working to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture, and mission of the company in tact as we grow. Lean on subject matter experts to implement process from experience and grow the teams.

"Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at Mendix for about a year I have seen something in a company that I have never seen before. The culture that has been cultivated here is one of the most impressive things I've seen. Some of the brightest individuals work here that you will call your colleagues and also your best friends outside of work. Don't be fooled though, this is not a place a where they hire anyone off the streets but that is what makes it so great. You are surrounded by some of the brightest and motivated people in Boston. The interview process was challenging but if you are like me that is what will entice you even more.

Outside of just culture, the product is amazing and is set to revolutionize the software industry as we know it. Big companies are taking notice and is being adopted enterprise wide. This is as our CEO would like to say a "Think Big" company and that is exactly the path that lays in front of anyone working here.

Cons

With any growing company there is a lot of change. This change is typically for the best though because we must adapt to our size, growing market, and industry change. So if you are not quick on your feet, don't enjoy a challenge, and would rather be in a big company feel "structured" organization than this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Management has done a fantastic job and continues to do so every day painting the vision and being so closely tied to the company. My only ask is that as we grow we never lose the true vision and goal of why you started the company in the first place.

"Great Outlook So Far"

I have been working at Mendix full-time

Pros

First time working at a start-up coming from a BIG tech company. So far, everyone I've met has been smart, welcoming and outgoing. Everyone's really passionate about making each week/quarter/year the best one yet, and that type of energy is great to be around early on while I'm still figuring everything out. Office has a casual, laid-back feel yet you can tell big things are happening across each team. I love the proximity to senior leadership and the overall visibility and impact your

Cons

Still early on so hard to say - coming from a big tech company with dozens of perks and benefits can be hard to let go of, but my personal growth potential here outweighs those "golden handcuffs" as you might call them. Mendix is certainly still generous and fair when it comes to pay and benefits as compared to the large tech company I came from.

"Amazing company culture with leading product. New SAP partnership is a game changer, the sky is the limit!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mendix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and leadership from management to the executive level. Everyone is open and honest and shares the same vision of success.

The product is a leader in the space from Gartner and Forrester and the new SAP resell agreement will take Mendix to the next level in the enterprise space.

Excellent Benefits/Comp plan and free lunch!

Cons

Out growing our Boston office with several new employees

Advice to Management

Keep the same focus and culture as the company continues rapid growth!

10. "Right team, right product, right market = huge opportunity"

I have been working at Mendix full-time

Pros

Great team - my coworkers are smart passionate; we work hard but like to have fun

Great product - the platform is innovative and market-leading (Leader in 2 Gartner MQs and 2 Forrester Waves); we're setting the vision for the market

Great market - the market for low-code is surging and Mendix is growing rapidly and in the pole position to dominate

Cons

Boston office is overcrowded due to rapid hiring and growth
    While the fast pace is mostly good, it can create prioritization challenges

Advice to Management

Continue to set the vision and lead the market. We're the original, other vendors are just a copy.