Merkle Reviews

Updated May 6, 2021

3.7
Merkle CEO Craig Dempster
Craig Dempster
Pros
  • "Smart people and cutting edge technology(in 75 reviews)

• "Great work life balance - I rarely finish later than what is required of me(in 64 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be a tough work/life balance depending on clients(in 74 reviews)

• "Boring, long hours in front of computer screen(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Merkle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Great place

May 5, 2021 - Prefer Not to Say
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work Strong leadership Focus on DEI

Cons

Pay equity Lack of diversity in leadership

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love the growth challenge ahead

May 4, 2021 - Vice President Business Development in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Growth: Merkle B2B is growing at a strong rate. 2. Scale: It's global company with great infrastructure like dentsu Academy with 1,000+ courses and mentorships. 3. People: The team is smart, hardworking and fun. 4. Leadership: We are genuinely looking for diverse people, backgrounds, experience and ideas. Being at Merkle, I keep getting more responsibility and it's making me better.

Cons

1. Growth: People can be given a lot of responsibility. Are you prepared to own your actions - good and not so good? 2. Scale: Being a global business, you may need to integrate your professional and personal life. For example, I walk the dog while on conference calls or if I have an early call, I take a long lunch. 3. People: Folks are busy so you will need to advocate for yourself. 4. Leadership: They will ask a lot of you as an individual and as a team.

3. 4.0

Steady, Reliable, Comfortable

May 4, 2021 - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of avenues for growth and development, lots of on-the-job trainings, pretty good benefits, comfortable work environment with employers that are trying to work on DEI initiatives, stable and respectable business, flexible work from home options for most positions. There are a ton of good things I could say about Merkle. It's a very comfortable place to work.

Cons

Slow movement at times, but it's a big business that doesn't always move fast; merger is shaking things up, but seems to be going well for most Merkle employees

4. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 4, 2021 - Digital Media Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is prioritized, flexible vacation is great, week off between Christmas and New Years, company is cutting edge and staying ahead of trends and adapting, fun and inclusive culture, employees are respected and listened to, great place to grow a career if you’re passionate about the industry, great management team, flexibility

Cons

Nothing that outweighs the pros - great place to work

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Does not integrate well with companies they aquire

May 6, 2021 - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working for the company before Merkle bought us

Cons

Merkle does not seem to make any attempt to understand the businesses that they acquire. Instead they assume that they know best and force the business to their process.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

May 1, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Professional, Casual, and go with the flow

Cons

If you do not like your job then you will hate the hours.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Solid

May 3, 2021 - Senior Analyst II in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, smart and the best at what they do

Cons

Nothing at this time, thanks

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company review

May 2, 2021 - Data Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work and live balance.

Cons

Nothing special to mention. Overall pretty good.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place To Start

Apr 9, 2021 - Paid Search Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, learning experiences, and management. Seriously loved working here! It was my first job out of college and I learned a ton!

Cons

They do not pay based on performance as much as I was lead to believe by the recruiter. Unfortunately, my recruiter painted a picture of lots of job growth opportunities. I asked him how quickly someone should expect raises/promotions and he said he couldn't share that. Instead, he insisted that they would be speedy and have tons of opportunities to be promoted. In reality, there are promotions every quarter but no one moves up unless they have been in their current position for a year. (Unspoken Rule). This frustrated me when I spoke to my manager. He had nothing but good things to say about my performance. I would ask him what I needed to do to advance to the next position. He gave me a list of things that I needed to be able to do. Once I was doing those items and many of the items for a position 2 ahead of mine I spoke to him again. Unfortunately, I wasn't going to get his stamp of approval for a promotion because it hadn't been a year and only because it hadn't been a year. As far as I was aware, there was no other reason. Like I said before, this is an incredible company to work for. truly my only issue was that I had false expectations. I worked really hard for 9 months, with the expectation of a pay raise. When I found out I couldn't get it only because of time, I was a little disappointed. Still had an incredible experience at this company!

Merkle Response

HR Compliance and Contracts Lead

Thank you for your review! We are very glad to hear you found good value and opportunity from your time at Merkle. We also greatly appreciate your patience with some areas lacking process. This, as you know, is a work in progress for us! Thanks for all your great work.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

Apr 29, 2021 - Strategist in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed agency setting with personable, kind and talented teams.

Cons

I don’t have cons to share.

1 person found this review helpful