Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

MPO Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY).

Interview

Great. I thought it was a great process because everyone was nice and helpful. But then I walked into the main room and it was more than great, Amazing!

Associate Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Austin, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Extensive, had to give a presentation at the end of it. Talked to 5-6 people on the phone, then met with 4-5 in person, gave a presentation to a room of about 10 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied with my resume on LinkedIn. I then got a phone call from a recruiter who did a basic phone screen then put me on to the next step with the hiring manager. The company offered to pay mileage and parking for the interview. The hiring manager wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview, which you can read about on their website. It was very similar to what the described. After the interview I wrote individual followups to the five people I met and submitted my expense report. Nobody called me to tell me that I did or didn't get the job. A followup to the initial recruiter was ignored. I did get my expenses back about 6 weeks after the interview, but I received no other communication from Merkle. I am giving them a negative over all experience because they said they would get back to me quickly and they did not get back to me at all. This was a full day out of my schedule and my PTO from my current job--the least they could do is reject me.

Interview Questions

• The position above you is open? Why haven't you applied?   1 Answer

Merkle Response

Dec 7, 2015 – Corporate Recruiter

We are so sorry to hear about your experience! We will be sure to address this with the Recruiting Team and make sure each candidate receives appropriate and timely follow-up, as deserved. We... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merkle in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process is intense and slightly intimidating. You typically have a phone interview and then a panel interview with 5-7 different people.

Additionally, I had to give a presentation to the panel on a topic related to the role.

Plan for 2-4 hours on-site, and a mix of different roles and personalities. Everyone is very busy so make sure your presentation is pointed and focused.

Come prepared with a resume and additional means to present.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something didn't go as planned or went wrong and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Merkle does require a presentation and 4 hours of your time. To put together a few slides will take another few hours of your personal time. So all and all it takes 1 to 2 full working days to go through the interview process including preparation.

After a week and one follow-up I got a note from HR person that they did not have time to regroup and make a decision. I have followed up again and did not hear back at all.

I don't think this is acceptable behavior. I believe a thank you note from Merkle for my time and effort would be not just nice to have, but essential. This is common courtesy, so not sure why they thought I did not deserve it.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly some questions where around basic cookie capabilities in a research project. And they were asking because they did not understand it...   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merkle in April 2016.

Interview

After a few emails from a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn, had a pleasant phone conversation with her. Balanced chat between what she wanted to know about me and what I wanted to know about the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked directly, in this phone screening, how much I was making currently.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Marlborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

5 rounds starts from phone interviews and ends at power point presentation to 5-6 people(these people also
    Interview you one on one, on one single day, before you give an hour long presentation that very day). So overall it's intense !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a higher salary than what I asked.

Audit Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Hagerstown, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I just had to do a computer test or two then i was taken on a tour of where id be working. I left knowing i had the job

Interview Questions

• How many words can i type a minuet   1 Answer

Lead Interview

Interview

HR team is great but the interviewing team does not know what they really want. Seems the interviewing team is very insecure about their own job so they don't want to hire. They will keep on talking about how many years of experience they have and how many years they have been in the company. I got a negative vibe after speaking to them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was very technical both on the phone and one and one. General experience questions, then specific how tos. The interview took about 40 minutes on phone and about the same in person. There was no hands on, but similar to the phone. There were about 15 - 20 questions and it was more conversational than anything else. Just explain your responsibilities. I got positive feedback from the interviewer immediately, so i knew I got the job

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

1 Telephonic interview. It was mainly technical with questions from previous projects and experience. More emphasis was on Databases and Java. Questions were very basic like SQL queries, joins, indexes, and small database design. Also questions on generics, hash tables, and arraylists from Java.

Interview Questions

• 1) Question from academic projects on Algorithms. What is the need for graph algorithms?   Answer Question