Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

3.2

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

It is a very Intense process where you meet with at least 7 people individually and then you are required to give a presentation to a large group. After the process, they vote on whether to hire you and if two or more people say no, then you are not hired.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Merkle (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews since there are so many people who are a part of the interview process. They do a panel interview where a ton of people are a part of the interview and then discuss how you would fit in the company (work, culture, etc.).

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email to schedule a phone call. After the first phone call I followed up, but the recruiter didn't responded. After 3 weeks I still haven't heard back from the recruiter.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the Account Director that would be my boss. Everything was very positive and they each told me that I would be a good fit. Then, I met with the Account Director and another Accounts team member for coffee and to further discuss the job role. Again, I was assured that I was a good fit. Two weeks later, I received a call from a different recruiter letting me know that the team went in a different direction. I did not receive an offer.

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an automated email stating that Merkle will get back in 3 weeks. Received an email from HR on the same day asking for a next day phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) How did learn about this job opening at Merkle?
      2) Did you hear about Merkle before applying for this job or after?
      3) Tell me about your work experience as in the resume starting from the latest, what positions did you hold, why did you leave them?
      4) Do you have experience in direct mail, email marketing and project management? Please elaborate.
      5) Salary expectation?   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Applied online, received a response from HR gal within a few days, asking for my availability for a call. 28 minutes later, I received an automated email rejection for the same role. I replied directly to the HR rep, letting her know my availability (assuming the auto-email may have been an oversight within their system). Two days later I received a follow-up email from the same HR rep, confirming the date/time for our call. 9 minutes later she replied again, saying "Disregard" because they will not be moving forward. One sentence. No explanation or apology for the confusion.

Wildly unprofessional and disrespectful of candidates. Reading some other comments here, it seems to be the norm for Merkle. Glad I didn't waste any time with the call. Amazing to me that a company doesn't understand basic professionalism in this day and age. Inexcusable.

SEM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

Talked to recruiter at college career fair, phone interview, onsite interview. HR person was friendly and helpful, seemed to be actually interested if I got the job or not. There was some delay between the phone screen and in person interview which was slightly annoying considering I'm a college student and had to plan to drive to their office.

Interview Questions

Interview

First had a phone interview, then a couple months later an in-person interview. At the on-site interview, there were two one-hour sessions, each with two interviewers. After the interview, I was notified of their decision within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical concept as if you were explaining it to someone with little technical background.   Answer Question

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Interview

I was emailed to do a phone screening. We scheduled the screening to happen a few days later. 10 minutes before the screening, I get an email from the recruiter that this position has been filled.

Thanks for making me hold off going into work on time to take this interview just so your recruiter realized this position was filled. That was incredibly inconsiderate.

Digital Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Scheduled time came and went, and no one called. Sent a follow up email to reschedule, no reply. Never heard from them again. In my experience the way a company treats you as a candidate is pretty indicative of how they'll treat you as an employee - can't say this was an encouraging experience.