Merkle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merkle Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.3

Digital Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Scheduled time came and went, and no one called. Sent a follow up email to reschedule, no reply. Never heard from them again. In my experience the way a company treats you as a candidate is pretty indicative of how they'll treat you as an employee - can't say this was an encouraging experience.

SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone screening. The questions were purely technical - not behavioral, the recruiter was silent except when questioning, and was entirely uninterested in anything other than the specific answer sought. There was no room for divergence.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle? Have you done reports in Google Analytics?   Answer Question

SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with a recruiter with basic questions such as Why do you want this job, what do you know about the company and then specific questions about your technical qualifications. Since they do on-the-job training they don't expect you to be an expert in the field, but do expect some background preparation. The actual in-person interview was done in two rounds by 4 people total. I was expecting a lot of numbers/logic questions, but there really weren't many curveballs. Just be prepared with answers for most basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player? Talk about a time you had a conflict at work. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What analytics tools are you familiar with? What's your ideal working environment?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Recruiter found me. Took weeks for interviews with multiple reschedules and cancels from them. Interviews were rushed and unorganized. In the panel interview half the panel was remote and sounded like they were multitasking. They had me presenting but asked so many questions I had 5 minutes for the actual presentation and the panel lead didn't know how to use the laptop. The questions and feedback showed a lack of understanding of the work related to the position from the panel. Questions were generic and unoriginal. Disappointing experience overall.

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was given a phone interview. Recruiter seemed condescending most of the time. She said she would keep in touch but never called me back until I asked about my status a few weeks later.

Client Partner - GM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Merkle (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

4 months long process with little to no proactive follow ups. It seems like they don't care about candidates at all, makes me wonder if they treat employees the same way. No sense of urgency. No respect for people's time, and no one seems to be in charge of any decision making. Not much else to say. Four month long interview process is pathetic enough nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in us?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR via email about the position. Had an initial phone interview with HR about my background, salary expectation, etc. Got an email the same day for a phone interview with a lead analyst. The interviewer asked questions for more details regarding my experience on my resume that is related to the job description. Overall, it went well. The following week HR followed up again for an onsite interview invite. It was a mixed type including technical, behavioral and case. Had 5 interviewers and all of them were very nice and professional during the whole interview process. The behavioral interview session was about determining whether you are a fit based on company culture, vision and values. I felt that Merkle provides a work environment that allows the employees to work happily. Overall, the whole interview process was very smooth and HR followed up in a timely, professional way in every stage. Even though I didn't get an offer in the end, I got notified of the final decision very soon.

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online and doing a straightforward phone screening, I went to their office for an onsite interview. I was interviewed twice by two different pairs. Each interview was about an hour and a half to two hours long. In addition to questions about my background and experiences, I was asked to solve problems on the board and on the computer.

Senior Account Manager, Email Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle (Little Rock, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

Received invitation for phone screen from recruiter almost 2 weeks after applying to a position in their Little Rock location (I was a remote candidate who would relocate). Was a fairly standard phone screen asking about my experiences. Rejected not even 2 days later. Since I was not given a chance beyond this, I don't really have much opinion on the entire process to provide. They do have a planned interview process that you can see more on by visiting their website careers section.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merkle.

Interview

Three rounds of phone interview.
    1) With recruiter, behavioral questions.
    2) With a director, behavioral questions.
    3) With someone on the team, tech questions about SAS, SQL and Statistics.

The tech phone screening interview covered SAS, SQL and Statistics knowledge and I was not fully prepared for that. Not too difficult, and the interviewers are very nice.

And I assume that my experience and skills are not a perfect match.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Merkle.
      How would you replace all missing values by zero in a very large SAS dataset.
      Answer Question