KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MoneySolver CEO Tom Baumlin
Tom Baumlin

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MoneySolver and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Management

Apr 14, 2022 - Initial Review Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers with clear expectations who will help you grow into the position and learn the skills you need to earn bonus. Huge thanks to Brian Stevens who put in the extra effort to understand where I was weak and what to focus on to be great. Team atmosphere. Different departments working together to create the most efficient workflow for everyone. Management taking feedback on workflow process improvements. I ran a few tweaks of my job flow through my manager and he always took a stance of letting me do what worked instead of focusing on sticking to procedure for procedure's sake. I also got to watch our department make major shifts in workflow that Brian championed to make our daily lives easier while still getting it done.

Cons

Work from home availability is dependent what role you're in. Expect to earn your keep before you get it, But its nice that its on the table

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best office job I've encountered

Apr 6, 2022 - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is amazing and every person is treated like an adult. Very accepting. Training is good and best of all you don't need a background in taxes. Management will teach you everything, you just need good customer service skills. Best office job I've experience.

Cons

There are only cons if you're not organized and driven to take care of your work

VP, Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your story. Thank you for all you do for us and our clients!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love my job!

Apr 6, 2022 - Initial Review Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked here for almost 4 years now, and its the best job I have had. I get along really well with my team, and others outside of my dept. Everyone is always so friendly and they make you feel like you're part of a family.

Cons

Sometimes there is not enough communication.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Soul sucking, but pay is ok

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to climb up in your position Opportunity to meet great people Resume builder

Cons

Incompetent senior leadership, often overlooking employees to make or save a buck Rotating staff Multiple firings in management that often leave employees feeling tense HR staff has favorite employees who often get rewarded, while others are not Questionable work and business practice ethics Minimal PTO

VP, Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in our work environment and client services, so we take your concerns very seriously and will be looking into them to make improvements.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Grow Your Opportunities

Feb 2, 2022 - QA Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working for MoneySolver because: The management team all the way to the VP and CEO care about their employees. MoneySolver recognizes their employees for their hard-work and nothing too small goes without being recognized. The company provides regular communication and listen to and consider new ideas as well as encouraging growth both personally and professionally. When it comes to stressful stress of dealing with the IRS, our clients are able to come to us for help and we are the encouraging company that is there to help every step of the way.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time.

VP, Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted you enjoy working here. We appreciate your hard work to stay true to our mission of helping our clients!

6. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Feb 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Management is excellent and extremely attentive to their employees - The benefits are wonderful and you can tell it is a very family-oriented company - You have lots of support from upper management and your coworkers. Everyone is very friendly and more than willing to answer any questions you may have - Workload is definitely manageable and the processes are very efficient

Cons

- Fast paced working environment but definitely doable with the support/training you receive

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Company!

Nov 2, 2021 - Human Resources & Recruiting Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my 20+ years working in HR, this is the first company I know that cares so much about their employees, that our bereavement paid leave includes the loss of a beloved pet. This is rare! As the designated recruiter, I find it easy to talk to candidates about who we are and all we have to offer! 1. Managers work with your schedule when a personal situation comes up. 2. Health benefits EE only low premium amount and free dental 3. Generous 401k match and fully vested from day 1. 4. Generous PTO / Holiday / Sick time policy. 5. Yearly fundraisers to serve the community. 6. Employee of the month recognition 7. We believe in promoting from within 8. We even have a Fun Committee

Cons

For me is the commute but soon I'll be moving closer.

VP, Chief People Officer

We are happy to have you on our team! Thank you for your kind words.

8. 5.0

Moving forward

Dec 14, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You need thick skin, but it’s like a family. They understand you have a life outside of work. Empathetic through Covid-19 issues and hardships. Adaptable and willing to grow as an organization. I would say: if you have what it takes, best place to work in Jacksonville.

Cons

People complaining makes for bad work morale. That is something the company is working on. I’d like for them to improve work tools. Headsets Software etc. but all with time.

9. 2.0

Would not recommend

Jan 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent Benefits. Can work remote sometimes.

Cons

Services being sold to customers are way overpriced and rarely help them with their tax issues. Leadership is lacking and employees really do not have any idea what's going on day to day. Most supervisors seem like they were promoted because no one else wanted the job and there is high turnover. There is a culture of distrust and dishonesty.

VP, Chief People Officer

Thank you for providing this feedback about your journey as a TDN employee. We understand that providing feedback in person can create difficult conversations and respect your desire to make your voice heard. While we are saddened to hear you are dissatisfied with the current leadership, we would truly appreciate you taking a moment to think about what changes could create a better working environment for you. Providing our clients with positive experiences begins with our team, so when you are ready, we hope to hear your feedback in person so we can make the necessary changes for a more supportive work environment.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They Waste yourTime and Money

Dec 13, 2021 - Resolution Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good trainer and training. Pleasant people in the office.

Cons

They charge customers well over $1000 in many cases to do what they could spend 15 minutes doing online at the IRS website. It's highly questionable, ethically. Also, low commission, terrible leads, dysfunctional floor management, and initially, cannot work-from=home, despite largely being ignored in the office anyway.

VP, Chief People Officer

The value of our services at Tax Defense Network is directly related to the needs of our clients. We take great pride in our services and the process of empowering individuals to learn more about taxes on their own. This is one of the reasons we provide 100% free tax resources and tips on our website, located here: https://www.taxdefensenetwork.com/tax-resources/ This is also why it's important that our team is within management reach, so we can ensure our services will be of benefit to every single client. We appreciate feedback in all its forms and certainly appreciate your input regarding our current processes. TDN will always strive to be better and provide great experiences for our clients and our employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews

MoneySolver Reviews FAQs

MoneySolver has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 195 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at MoneySolver to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MoneySolver employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MoneySolver. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

83% of MoneySolver employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MoneySolver 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MoneySolver to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management.

Popular Careers with MoneySolver Job Seekers