My Vision Express Reviews | Glassdoor

Vipul Katyal
  1. "Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at My Vision Express full-time

Pros

Awesome colleagues who are exceptionally helpful and friendly. Good work/life balance with flexible scheduling available. Management is always open and receptive to hearing suggestions for improvement. Fabulous opportunities for career advancement if you take initiative and demonstrate measurable improvements.

Cons

There are growing pains as there always will be when a company grows faster than expected. There is often a lack of communication between departments but it is being worked on.

Advice to Management

Improve the communication process and flow of information throughout the company.

My Vision Express2014-10-16
  2. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Weston, FL

I worked at My Vision Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work environment, nice health insurance

Cons

Large offshore staff does not do their work

Advice to Management

Onshore more team members

My Vision Express2018-12-19

"Thought it was bad with the original owner but new management just as clueless"

Former Employee - Onboarding Specialist

I worked at My Vision Express full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sometimes they let me work from home.

Cons

Bad decisions by management, bullying masked as leadership, preferential treatment to brown nosers instead of valid, hard-working employees, director with a huge ego for a little, little man.

Advice to Management

After putting veteran employees through constant hell, most are fired by new management that has no idea what they're dealing with.

My Vision Express2017-12-28

"On-Boarding Specialist"

I have been working at My Vision Express full-time

Pros

Good working environment. Employees are great people

Cons

Pay is low. Many changes in management

My Vision Express2017-08-01

"Onboarding Specialist"

I worked at My Vision Express full-time

Pros

The people you work with are really great, they help you when you need assistance. There was one guy who always fed everyone and bring donuts and chocolates

Cons

No initial training, initial phases of having metrics with the company so you might end up getting lost if you let your work speak for yourself

Advice to Management

I would suggest that giving the employee a solid training will help your staff perform better.

My Vision Express2017-07-25

"Management"

I worked at My Vision Express full-time

Pros

Great Benefits Great potential for growing if the Management teams changes are people are held accountable for there work or lack there of and learn from their mistakes.

Cons

Management Teams are not on the same page and constantly trying to implement new procedures and ides but they never follow through. The Managers are a joke and come to work high or emotional. They try to pretend to be your 'Friend' to manipulate and use you to their benefit.

Advice to Management

This company was acquired by Eli Global - my advise to the Management at Eli would be to clean house with the current management that does not work and promote good employees from within. There are a lot of good employees the have great potential if you invest in them and believe in them.

My Vision Express2017-03-23

"Some People Say That Weasel Words Are Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at My Vision Express for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many people willing to do the work and make the company great.

Cons

Management plays a game where they ask for stuff and then later blame you if something goes wrong. There is this management individual that usually scales up the ladder while stepping on people. If you are in an interview and all of the sudden you hear someone tell you something that sounds too good to be true, then you have identify what we like to call the weasel. The weasel is everyone's friend, including Eli's.

Advice to Management

Try to find help for people that are doing work that is not part of the job description, so they don't leave.

My Vision Express2017-01-18

"A company in a downward spiral"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I worked at My Vision Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the employee's are exceptionally dedicated and hardworking

Cons

Large amounts of turnover lack of direction, and an overall lack of morale makes it a depressing place to work ever since they were bought. Blame is constantly shuffled around with no one willing to take ownership. Management constantly uses employee's as scapegoats when projects run into delays that were not expected or when deadlines are not met. No communication between the developers and the end users. ...

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers and staff. Treat and enforce the rules equally and communicate with your staff.

My Vision Express2017-01-17

"Unstable, disorganized, lack of direction."

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Weston, FL

I worked at My Vision Express full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the staff are excellent to work with - good people with good work ethic and a willingness to learn and to teach.

Cons

Employees are not treated equally by some of the management team. Agreements made for bonuses are broken without cause. Reviews are rare to receive and raises are rarer still. Parent corporation is far removed from the day-to-day operations. Confidence and morale scrapes the bottom of the barrel.

Advice to Management

Create an organizational chart. Make job descriptions. Communicate with employees. Do not renege on agreements made with employees. Conduct regular reviews. Provide performance incentives. Don't lie to or about employees. Accept responsibility for the constant turnover and bad customer reviews, and treat employees and clients with the respect and loyalty expected from them.

My Vision Express2016-12-13

"Technical Support"

I have been working at My Vision Express full-time

Pros

The best thing about working at Insight Software is that its a small company, you dress down, and you will learn a lot. This is not a place that you will make a "CAREER" out of it. You learn whatever it is that you want to learn, gain the skill-set and take it elsewhere.

Cons

There is not room for growth. I am not sure who wrote previous reviews but, you are sales rep, trainer( you need ophthalmic experience), implementation specialist, tech support rep, or a programmer. The company will sell you a dream of "moving up". The company is full of too much politics and if you don't kiss butt you are considered and outsider and not a good fit for the company. The expectations are that you overwork...

My Vision Express2015-06-25