NFM Lending Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
NFM Lending CEO David Silverman
David Silverman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I have been employed as a Branch Manager of NFM Lending for almost 3 years and a mortgage banker for almost 24 years" (in 9 reviews)

• "Plus fresh fruit is delivered every week" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I have found since I began working here" (in 11 reviews)

• "Lack of communication, having to go through several levels to get an answer, management was rarely available, cumbersome processes" (in 3 reviews)

1. "NFM Lending"

Current Employee - Opener in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Opener in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very family oriented, and supportive

Cons

None, they are great at what they do!

2. "Branch review not corporate"

Pros

Great corporate culture, seems like corporate is a great place to work.

Cons

The branch I was at was extremely unorganized and really had no plan whatsoever. There was no management skills in the branch at all and no long term vision.

Advice to Management

Need to review your branches more, I would give more information but I want to stay anonymous.

3. "LO"

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are nice and helpful

Cons

Slow to grow with the times

4. "Pretty good place to start your career as a designer in the finance industry"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Designer gains experience in a variety of areas, giving them multiple skills, such as graphic design, photography, and videography
    • More flexibility

Cons

• Fewer formal training programs
    • Benefits packages are more limited

5. "SO HAPPY to be with NFM!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager/Loan Originator
    Current Employee - Sales Manager/Loan Originator

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is big enough to be direct with Fannie, Freddie and Ginnie but yet small enough that it feels like a family and everyone cares about one another. It's not all about making a buck here - it's about being EXTREMELY good at what we do!!! People at corporate answer their phones and happy to help with whatever you need! Senior Management is open to all and any suggestions on how to improve and not only listen, implement! Since I have come on board, I have gotten calls from Jan, the President, just checking in on me! He gives out his cell phone and has told me to call him if I need him for ANYTHING! What a culture!

Cons

I haven't figured any out yet! But I do know if there is something I think could use some improvement, I know there is an open door policy to bring that to Senior Management's attention.

Advice to Management

Never take your focus off of the good people you have! Keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting great reviews online and NFM will grow just because of that! Please don't ever set such high goals that trying to achieve those takes your focus off of what has gotten you where you're at today and that is good solid people, caring about each other and the borrowers you serve.

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great underwriting. Very helpful with problems. Prequals are very accurate. Open door policy, can speak directly to underwriters

Cons

not a lot of negative comments to put.

Advice to Management

doing a great job.

"Made more money here then prior places!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been employed as a Branch Manager of NFM Lending for almost 3 years and a mortgage banker for almost 24 years. I’ve worked at a lot of great places over the years and NFM is at the top of the list. There is always a corporate officer willing to assist and senior management is always there for us. The marketing department goes above and beyond to help. They have a plethora of products, great rates and low fees. They offer great health benefits and 401K matching. One of the biggest and best things NFM Lending does is listen. You may not get everything you want every minute, but over time, with commitment and loyalty, you see it back and with all my years in the business I have found that non-existent anywhere else. NFM is as close to perfect as possible for originators

Cons

Can't broker 24 years as lo and would be nice if we could but there has only been 2 I had to refer out over 3 years. Minimum loan amount 50 k. Had to refer 3 for loan amount. Doesn't matter for 99 percent of originators!

Advice to Management

Keep us bigger stronger and faster then the completion as u have!

8. "I work at NFM Lending Full time"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caring, Incredible Executive team, Tons of opportunities and you will enjoy coming to work every day!!

Cons

There are no cons that I have found since I began working here!

Advice to Management

Your thoughtfulness and consideration for ALL of your employees sets you guys a part from the rest!

9. "Mortgage Loan Originator"

I worked at NFM Lending full-time

Pros

Professional, caring, organized, knowledgeable, tech-savvy, on top of its industry on many levels - both from a corporate standpoint, and a locally.

Cons

Did not find any while I was there. My reasons for living were personal and had nothing to do with the management or support of NFM Lending.

10. "Closer 1 thougts"

Current Employee - Closer I in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Closer I in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NFM is always teaching so your are able to advance to where you want to go, and everyone helps each other out always learning always caring about employees the client and community !

Cons

The distance to NFM

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, all the teaching and being involved, don't ever stop caring like you do !

NFM Lending Response

Nov 8, 2017 – HR Generalist

We are delighted to hear that you are experiencing a welcoming, learning environment. Our employee’s development is what makes NFM so successful, this is why we are dedicated to investing in the... More