NFM Lending Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2020

4.5
NFM Lending CEO David Silverman
David Silverman
Pros
  • "NFM Lending promotes healthy eating by providing free fresh fruit weekly(in 11 reviews)

• "They take each loan personally and understand how important the transaction is(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I have found since I began working here(in 11 reviews)

• " matching 401k (in 4 reviews)

1. "AMAZING Culture!!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at NFM for over a year now and I am constantly amazed with how great the office culture is. At NFM, we truly are one big family. There is not one person who outshines another. We work together and cheer each other on. When you work at a place as welcoming as NFM, you are setting yourself up for success and gaining life-long friends along the way.

Cons

High standard for excellence. At NFM, when one person succeeds, we all succeed. Setting a high standard for excellence, no matter your position, sets everyone up to work their hardest so that the whole branch to be successful.

2. "Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome culture, great people, coaching opportunities, employees are treated like family

Cons

Nothing that I can think of :)

3. "Awesome culture!"

Current Employee - Loan Partner I in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, your co-workers, and the management are all great to be around and work with!

Cons

Can be fast paced, but it helps creates lots of opportunity to grow and learn.

4. "Culture is EXCELLENT"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people - Excellent culture - The Columbus branch is like one big family

Cons

High expectations that will ultimately push you to be better

"FINALLY - GIVEN EXACTLY WHAT I WAS PROMISED."

Current Employee - Loan Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for less than a year

Pros

Have you ever started a job and it's completely different than what you expected? In this industry, it is all too common. You are sold on a dream workplace and it turns out to just truly not be the case. NFM has been everything I was told it would be. The workflow for Ops is mapped out to the T - they give you EVERYTHING you need to succeed. There are checklists and templates for everything. Information is easy to find on the company intranet.

Cons

Sort of a con, but not really: daily conference calls. BUT again, this is part of the workflow that makes it very hard to not do well here. You are held accountable for your work and I appreciate that.

6. "Sales Drives the ship"

Current Employee - Disclosure Specialist in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, very busy but well lead

Cons

poor staffing models, due to poor sales projections. Sales managers determine everything.

NFM Lending Response

June 16, 2020HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. NFM’s business is constantly changing with the industry’s fluctuating demand, therefore we routinely review our staffing models to ensure efficiency. As this market can be unpredictable at times, we encourage managers to work collaboratively with the team as they evaluate and gauge the production volume for their department and decide on additional staffing as appropriate. We encourage you to talk with your manager to gain insight into any staffing changes as we encourage open communication throughout the NFM Lending Family.

"Breath of fresh air still after almost 3 years."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for more than a year

Pros

Size of the company makes for a flatter organization creating more access to leadership who is 100% genuinely interested in making sure people have everything they need to be successful and happy in their jobs.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't come up with one yet. Will come back and modify if one surfaces but I have received everything and more that NFM promised me, and the people at corporate are just incredible. Completely refreshing every time I work with them. Hard to put into words, you just have to feel it to understand it.

Continue reading
  8. "Closer II"

2.0
    Former Employee - Closer II

I worked at NFM Lending full-time

Pros

I like the freedom to get your work done. And the owner of the Company is phenomenal.

Cons

Lack of training, no raises, no chance for advancement, poor management, no consideration of your life or life changes. Not connected with their employees.

Continue reading

NFM Lending Response

July 22, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. Within the last several years NFM has continued to transform our Training department. We have added a significant number of trainings over the past 18 months and continue to add to our Learning Library all the time. Many of the trainings in our learning library may be self-assigned to allow you to take control of your own learning path. In regard to your thoughts on raises and advancement opportunities: NFM has grown at a record rate over the past several years. This growth allows us the ability to create more positions and more bonus opportunities in the future. If you would like to provide more information on how we can assist in your interactions with management or your work/life balance, please feel free to reach out to Human Resources.

9. "Amazing company!"

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time

Pros

Your voice will be heard, concerns will be addressed and taken care of, and you will learn and grow so much!

Cons

None! They have been great.

10. "NFM Lending"

Current Employee - Opener in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at NFM Lending full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very family oriented, and supportive

Cons

None, they are great at what they do!

Found 145 reviews