NFM Lending Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NFM Lending

2.5

Junior Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Linthicum, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially the Corporate Recruiter gave me a call to discuss information regarding the position. Following that, a phone interview was scheduled with the CR, the Chief Compliance Officer, and the General Counsel. After that, the next step was to come in to the Corporate Office for an interview in person. I was given a tour of the office space and met several other employees. Everyone was incredible friendly and welcoming. The whole environment was low-stress and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Honestly the most difficult question that I had to answer was what I was thinking in terms of salary level. I hadn't expected to have my own desired income yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initially I was offered a full-time position with salary and benefits. Then the position was backed down to part-time hourly work.

Jul 8, 2014 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that the interview process made you feel welcome and everyone was friendly. We really want to make sure our culture shows through with our... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NFM Lending in April 2012.

Good

Negotiation

Very informative.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NFM Lending.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who conducted a telephone interview with me at that time. The recruiter believed that I would be a great match for the opening and scheduled an interview for me with the manager I would be employed with. The day of my interview I first met with the processor who would be handling my files and really appreciated the fact that I got to meet them and got to know how they operate their processing before I began working. I later met with the manager I am currently working with now and really appreciated their forwardness on seeing me succeed in the company.
    The atmosphere and work culture at NFM is casual and relaxed yet when it comes to getting loans closed, they mean business.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question, what led me to want to be a loan officer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Linthicum, MD).

Interview

Was emailed by a recruiter to set up an interview via phone with her. Phone interview went good. Was then emailed the next day to set up another phone interview with the supervisor for that department. The phone interview with the supervisor went good as well, was told that she was impressed and would like to set up a face to face interview. The face to face interview was set up by the recruiter. Was given an option between two days, picked one of those days and confirmed. Was called two days before the interview by the recruiter wanting to move the interview up a day. At the moment i knew they had already found a candidate and just wanted to move my interview up a day to get it over with, I agreed. The day of the interview got there early. Waited in the lobby area, the receptionist was on the phone having a personal conversation which was unprofessional. Few minutes later was greeted by the recruiter and supervisor. The interview was super quick, they didn't seem interested in me at all, which I was suprised because the phone interview went so well. They made me feel awkward and uncomfortable. Is like they had already found the person they wanted and was just ready to wrap up the interview. When the interview ended we all got up I felt so uneasy, I had to turn around to shake their hands because they just both walked behind me like they were ready for me to leave. Overall positive phone interview but negative face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a difficult situation you encountered at work and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

May 24, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback about your interview experience with us. We are glad to hear that your interviews were set up promptly and your phone interviews went well. However, we are apologetic... More

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Linthicum, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I was originally contacted by, Bernadette Pearson, the HR Director at NFM, via Linkedin message. I responded to the Linkedin message immediately and Bernadette got back with me right away to set up a phone interview. I had a very nice phone interview with Bernadette and she was able to fully describe the position to me, answer all my questions, and elaborate on the company culture of NFM. She told me NFM’s company culture was more like a family than anything, (I have to say when I started at NFM I felt very welcomed). At the end of my phone interview we set up a date for an in-person interview in the office.
             When I got to the office I was greeted by the receptionist and was offered beverages. I had a very nice conversation with the receptionist while I waited for my interview. While I was sitting in the lobby it was nice that every time someone walked by they said hello and asked if I have been helped or if they could get me anything. Everyone seemed so friendly, and I have to say now that I am working here, it is true, everyone is always so friendly! I never pass a person in the office that doesn’t stop to say hello or make sure I am enjoying my transition to the NFM team.
                  My interviewers consisted of Bernadette and two other women in HR: Rachel and Sandy. They all asked me multiple questions and spent time to actually get to know me in the interview and go into more detail about the position. They could not have been nicer answering all my questions throughout the interview. After we were all done interviewing, Bernadette personally gave me a tour of the whole office and showed me where I would be sitting if I got the position. She was able to give me the full picture of what my job would be like, which was really nice.
        I have to say one of the best parts about working here is that everyone seems to really care about you. The President of the company, Jan Ozga, walks around the office multiple times a day just to say hello and make sure everyone is doing alright. He knows all the employees not only by name, but takes the time to have conversations with all of the employees and compliment them on their work to make them feel important and valuable to the company. It’s awesome the President takes time out of his busy day to show his employees this type of appreciation and get to know them. My manager Bernadette has an open door policy and is always there to give me feedback on my work, and take the time to personally train me. She has also done a great job making me feel welcome and checking on me, asking me how I am doing and taking time to answer all my questions. It’s not every day you find a manager that is so hands on with their employees. Also, my desk is right by a bunch of the executive’s offices and they never hesitate to come out and check on employees as well and make sure they are having a good day. Even my coworkers that sit around me always check on me to make sure I am doing alright, and they are always willing to stop what they are doing and help me when needed.
                            I was told before I started working at NFM that it was ranked one of the top places to work, and now I know it’s a great place to work. I am very happy with my transition here at NFM.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward and standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me exactly what I asked for on my application.

Jul 8, 2014 – HR Director

We are so happy that you are part of our HR team and the NFM Family! Its the employees that make NFM one of the top workplaces! Thank you for choosing us!

Senior Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NFM Lending in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn by HR. Interviewed with my manager several days later. It was truly the best interview I've ever had. It was great to talk to someone for 45 minutes who really understood the passion we have for this business. It was a very refreshing and positive experience.

Interview Questions

NFM Lending Response

Jun 26, 2015 – HR Director

We are dedicated to making sure our interviewing process is a positive experience. We are glad that you had a great experience! Thank you for sharing.

Closer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, what i knew about the business, but i started at the bottom as a caller. i had to show i could make calls for random things such as appointments, application taking, to realtors, loan officers, lawyer and clients before i got hired which wasn't hard. If you can speak to people you'll be fine .

Interview Questions

• How much experience and worst situations you've been in while speaking with a mad customer.   1 Answer

Nov 8, 2017 – HR Generalist

We are pleased to hear that you had a positive application process. Our Corporate Recruiters do a phenomenal job of screening, to ensure that each applicant’s knowledge and skills are aligned with... More

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Linthicum, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty standard. You meet with the recruiter and then meet with the sales manager of your department. The culture here is very laid back, but high pase.

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Mount Laurel, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

They found me on career builder. Received Phone call to set up interview which was completed two days letter, very laid back, but you could tell they knew the job very well. kind, polite and curtious. did not delay my hiring process. Informed me I received the job in less than twenty four hours.

Interview Questions

• what is your weakest field?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they listened to my concerns and asked what I expected to be paid, they met my demands and added to them.

PR/Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Linthicum, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

NFM has a very organized way of hiring and interviewing. I was away from the country when I had my phone interview, but the Recruiter did a great job in arranging the interview. I then had a phone interview with the HR Director, which was followed by a personal interview once I returned. I met with the HR Director in person, and also met the President of the company. The interview went well and was followed by a submission of written examples and my portfolio. Through out the entire process I felt like I could ask all the questions I needed answered and they were very friendly and helpful to me.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were job specific, but I did get a question that I have never had before: "In this position, who will be your clients?"   1 Answer

Jul 8, 2014 – HR Director

We believe in an open door policy and encourage questions. We are glad you felt the interviewing and on boarding process was a good experience. We are happy that you are here and we thank you for... More