Network South Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2019

Found 9 reviews

2.4

"Love my job"

I have been working at Network South full-time for more than a year

Pros

Earned an opportunity with this company through a list of highly qualified applicants. Found myself in a highly professional, highly efficient working environment that does not suffer fools. Quickly, discovered a plethora of opportunity made available by competitive spirit and out of the box thinking. This company has embraced my own creative solutions to job site issues and complications and has brought me into the... fold of this family oriented collective of professionals. Plenty of work. Never less than a 4o hour work week. Company vehicle, company cell phone, benefits, 401K and laptop. Great working environment. Family run and oriented business. Owner's are very appreciative, understanding and supportive.

Cons

In need of MORE hard working employees that are willing to commit and take on responsibilities to further this company.

Advice to Management

Keep running the successful company as well as you do!!!

Network South2017-03-22
  2. "Most Customer Centric Company I've Worked For"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Youngsville, NC

I have been working at Network South full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You can be proud working at Network South that you are at an organization that is all about serving and advocating for clients in the complex and evolving telecommunications industry.

Cons

There is an expectation to serve the customer regardless of profit or loss which from time to time can cost an account manager or sales rep a few bucks.

Advice to Management

Keep serving customers so employees continue to know that what you sell will be serviced appropriately.

Network South2019-06-30

"Nepotism and Vlugarity from the "CEO" Jerry"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Network South full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are none unless you kiss Jerry's behind

Cons

This company does not care about employees. Im glad I left. There is no where to go but down here. I'm not sure what the person up top was talking about but this company was highly unprofessional. They even tried to out a woman on maternity leave. All i hear was yelling and swearing from the Co-founder Jerry. He's sly and will act like he cares but do not let his sales man like mentality deceive you . Hes a snake! ... Over $500 + a month for horrible health insurance on a 35K salary. Stay away from this negative place!

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO and stop only looking out for your family whom works there.

Network South2019-01-14
  4. "Former Emplyee"

I worked at Network South full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are organized, one or two good people.

Cons

Everyone is on pins and needles, management always looking for blame over anything. Owners have bad ego problem. They want a lot of training or paper work to be done on your own time. Managers were disciplined in childish ways. Bad company to work for.

Network South2018-04-20

"Take your own advice and "tighten up""

I worked at Network South full-time

Pros

Quitting was the best thing I could've done at this job

Cons

The owner disrespects just about everyone he employs -- even his “inner circle”. Employees are presented with impossible tasks, and demeaned when they fail. The owners are in denial about the company’s problems, and can only place the blame on others. If their clients knew how the employees were treated, I think they might take their telecom needs elsewhere. On top of being treated poorly, the workload is... unmanageable due to high turnover/high volume of work. Jobs might be advertised as 8-5, but employees are often bullied into working overtime. The owners think employees should thank them for this, but they don't even offer it – they expect it, often threatening to fire you if you can't commit to working overtime. A good work/life balance is impossible while employed by Network South; the employees realize this and leave. They literally cannot pay anyone to stay. The owner might seem nice at times, but he is unstable and impossible to work with. Even his wife/co-owner, gets belittled right in front of employees and all of the cameras they have throughout the building. This is such a horrible and unhealthy place to work – toxic seems to be a very fitting/common way to describe it. I hope the owners learn, although that seems nearly impossible for them. I wish I could give less than 1 star...I can't stress how awful of a place this is.

Advice to Management

Sell your company or become better people.

Network South2017-08-25

"Interview today, waited 40 minutes in waiting are ignored.. i left never to return"

Current Employee - Telecom Engineer/Technician in Youngsville, NC

I have been working at Network South full-time

Pros

ZERO. I read all the reviews of this company and STILL decided to give this unprofessional owner/CEO a shot. VERY unprofessional, I am CERTAIN he would have turned me away if I showed up 30-40 minutes late without so much as an excuse. Unacceptable. I do believe all of those negative reviews on this company are holding water in my opinion at this point. Truly rude and unprofessional behavior.

Cons

don't walk from Network South and J.Norris

Advice to Management

hire a PROFESSIONAL manager to run this company for you or better yet, sell it to someone who can turn it into a profitable and professional work place. I would love to hear some end user and client reviews on these folks.

Network South2017-08-21

"Technician"

Former Employee - Technician in Youngsville, NC

I worked at Network South full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, absolutely none! Unemployment would be a sad, but better choice.

Cons

Very hostile work environment. Small company, owner micro manages the whole company. He will berate you and threaten you with your job constantly as a motivation tool. He starts you out as a 1099 to avoid paying you any benifits. I would not recommend this company to any individual. Customer base is high upset with office management. Turn over is like a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Sell company before you have no customer base and seek professional help.

Network South2016-09-28

"Small company."

Former Employee - Wiring Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Network South full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company vehicle, laptop, cellphone. 8-5 mon thru Friday schedule.

Cons

Nepotism and "good ole boy" system in place. Hostile work place which breeds paranoia and uncertainty. Owner regularly fires W2 workers before 90 days are up over trivial and sometimes comical reasons to save money on hiring temp labor.

Advice to Management

no advice.

Network South2015-09-04

"You can't afford to waste your time with this company, especially in this economy."

Sales Executive in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Network South

Pros

The only reason to work here is to pay your bills. And, add some additonal product knowledge...i.e. get all the "free" training you can from the various vendor/suppliers that work with the company, although expect to do that online "only" and on your own time.

Cons

Senior management has a very unreasonable view of sales cycle time, especially given the current economy. Apparently, they never watch, listen to, or read global, national, or local business news. They operate as if it were still the .com days. Lack of trust, respect, etc. And, don't trust them either!

Advice to Management

The company has reached an inflection point. If you want the company to grow and/or provide a legacy, here's my advice. 1) Hire professional management team with real industry experience and make yourself chairman of the board...get out of daily operations (note - there is plenty of talent available with all the downsizing that's taken place in the IT/Telecom industry). 2) Look for a merger or acquisition and... "cash out". 3) Continue "business as usual" and watch what you have built since 1994 wither and die.

Network South2010-04-02