Novatech Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Novatech CEO Darren Metz
Darren Metz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Your first year you can easily make 45,000-60,000 with hard work" (in 8 reviews)

• "Darren Metz and NovaCopy mobilized and gathered donations on our behalf" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons the company is growing at a fast pace" (in 3 reviews)

• "Rapid growth comes with growing pains, but that is a good problem to have" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NovaTech is a great place to work. They are very considerate of my home life, children, and any other personal matters. The benefits are great... insurance, 401k match, PTO... I have 4 weeks of PTO :). One week in which i just spent in an amazing beach house with my family that was provided by the CEO. Yes it was free. And all employees have a chance to win a trip like this.

Novatech is growing very fast... has almost doubled since I started working here which leads to bigger and better opportunities.

Cons

Fast growing business leads to many changes. Change is not a negative thing though.

"Hotline Desktop Support Technician"

Current Employee - Hotline Desktop Support Technician in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Hotline Desktop Support Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Novatech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable work environment, friendly helpful co-workers.

Cons

Pay is a little low for the amount of work and responsibility. Health insurance.

"Novacopy Employment Review (company transition)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Novacopy proved to be an incredible company to work for.When my company was purchased by Novacopy Darren Metz and his management team made the transiton seem effortless.I have greatly enjoyed being part of the Novacopy team!

Cons

I can't thank of anything I would complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep doing What your doing.

"Mixed Experiences"

Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Help Desk Technician in Nashville, TN

I worked at Novatech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free soda, water, and fruit. Understanding PTO policies.

Cons

The sales reps get treated like superstars, and are compensated that way. This is because they are the money makers in the company. The administrative and technical staff do not see the same treatment or compensation and are oftentimes put under enormous workloads and pressure, without any benefit to them. Executives and high performing sales reps consistently get to go on fully paid vacations and trips to exotic places, when many employees in the administrative and technical departments don't get that same opportunity. Departments are often understaffed, and growth opportunities in certain departments are extremely limited.

Advice to Management

Understand that your administrative and technical staff are under the impression that upper management is completely disconnected with the day to day operations and pressures of what goes on at Novacopy. Also understand that those staff feel like they do not get the same treatment or opportunities as executives, management, or sales reps. This is so easy to fix and would make a much better working environment. When I started at Novacopy I was thrilled with the engagement of upper management in the day to day operations, with the treatment of employees at all levels, and with the opportunity I had to grow at the company. But after several years of those values slipping away and being replaced with smoke and mirrors has left the company a shell of what it was. Turnover in the technical department is insanely high and there is a REASON for that. You have the ability to fix it, so fix it.

"NovaCopy Hurricane Relief"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When Hurricane Maria struck the Caribbean islands of Dominica and Puerto Rico my family was devastated. Darren Metz and NovaCopy mobilized and gathered donations on our behalf. I was left humbled and speechless over the tremendous show of support and generosity.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. Unless you are not a team player.

Novatech Response

Oct 30, 2017 – NovaCopy Mgmt.

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Each member of the NovaCopy family is special and when disaster strikes one, it strikes us all. We wish your family the very best.

6. "Tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Novatech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. I have had no problems with co workers and management will listen to any ideas or suggestions that you have.

Cons

There have been no cons so far.

Novatech Response

Oct 30, 2017 – NovaCopy Mgmt.

Thank you for your feedback as well as your contributions toward our team goals! We appreciate you and every employee being part of the NovaCopy family.

"Great place to work with unlimited opportunity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fruit and sodas are provided along with your daily morning caffeine fix (coffee). If you are a hardworking employee, take your job seriously, and perform to the best of your ability your efforts will be recognized and rewarded. This company actually does promote within which is amazing. With that being said, after reading some of the other reviews from both current and former employees I feel the need to explain a few things about my previous statement. The company while it does reward and promote within almost sometimes to a fault does not owe you anything. If you do not actively go after a promotion and show your interest, then the company is not going to come to you. In my time at NovaCopy I have never seen a employee that was deserving or worked hard not get looked at for a promotion and given additional consideration over a external candidate(provided they applied). This would be the first job where I wake up and do not have any regret or disappointment about going to my job and performing my duties with what has become my second family. If you want a career this is the place to be!

Cons

Not that this is really a bad thing the company is growing so fast that there are growing pains for sure however, the management team has and continues to do an amazing job of getting us all through it as a team, as well as bringing new people in and making them feel like a part of the family.

If you are reading this and reviewing the company as a possibility but haven't applied, then I would list you as a con because we need and will continue to need employees that are willing to at least look into and research what they are applying for.

Advice to Management

Keep being who and what you have always been even though we are growing so quickly. Don't let the NovaCopy family concept die.

"This place is so-so"

I worked at Novatech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free fruit and drinks in the break room, helpful IT department and up-to-date office equipment, & quarterly gym membership fee reimbursements.

Cons

Stingy PTO policy, compensation ranges that are significantly below the industry average, & nepotism.

11 days for a fiscal year INCLUDING any sick time seems a tad unreasonable, especially for those that may have kids who get sick often or have other unforeseen circumstances.

The majority of upper management is comprised of close friends of the CEO - which makes for a friendly work environment but also makes him blind to the fact that these friends and family members are grossly under qualified for the roles that they are in. Do what is best for your company and your employees: put your friendships on the back burner and reevaluate your senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Put your employees as a priority above your annual revenue. It will pay for itself in the end.

Sep 29, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

As always, NovaCopy appreciates employees and former employees taking the time to provide feedback. Our CEO and management team make every effort to do what is best for both the company and... More

"Changes need to be made. The decision makers are not doing their job."

Former Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN

I worked at Novatech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are reasonable. The other employees that feel trapped here are mostly good people trying to do a good job.

Cons

The constant favoritism and backstabbing. Management plotting on who will be released next and the incompetence of the Managers setting the company direction for the future.

Advice to Management

Wake up. See who the real contributors are. Make your management team responsible for their area. Look at the underperforming managers and make some changes not just the regular employees. The employees are following the managers direction and when it doesn't go right the manager is quick to find somebody to blame

Novatech Response

Sep 19, 2017 – NovaCopy Mgmt.

Thank you for your feedback. Our mission is to flourish as a team by delivering caring, efficient service and support to our customers and to each other. We believe in our mission, and it is a... More

"Best Sales Job Available"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Memphis, TN

I worked at Novatech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For a young person looking to begin their career in sales do not over look the opportunity to work here.

NovaCopy offers many benefits to their sales reps, here is what I experienced and appreciated. I started as an intern and eventually became a sales rep, I spent the last 2 and half years with NovaCopy and loved it.

Experience and Training.

The management in the Memphis office invested in their sales reps, I felt as if they genuinely cared for not only my success at my job but me as a person. The branch manager trained me and led by example. The other co-workers are very helpful in training as well, they are always happy to help you learn. The sales experience I gained at NovaCopy will go with me forever, it can not be understated. You will learn more about business here in your first year than you will during your entire college education. You also get the opportunity to train down the road, for me getting to have extra responsibilities was nice.

Company Culture.

NovaCopy started as a family company and is doing everything they can to continue to keep it that way, of course as the company grows it will get harder but the intent is there. I made friends there that ill have forever, same goes for my wife. The office is relaxed comfortable and very nice. I felt like I had moms and dads and coworker all there, people who actually looked out for you. I never once dreaded going into work, and enjoyed spending time with my co-workers outside of the office.

Benefits and Pay.

Account Executives do not get a salary they are commission only, but do not let that concern you, if you work hard you will make more than you could anywhere else. Your first year you can easily make 45,000-60,000 with hard work. This is the type of job that you eat what you kill, if you don't work hard your pay reflects it, if you bust your butt your pay reflects it. Part of being on commission comes with the benefit of flexibility which was important for me. We were allowed to take customers to lunch / golfing / hunting and Sports Games, all within reason of course. We didn't want to just take peoples money we wanted to build customer relationships. Another perk is NovaCopy offers a company car after you get your sales numbers to a certain point.

Sales Trip

Last but not least. If you go above and beyond your sales goal (which are challenging but not unattainable) you are awarded with the sales trip which is an all expense paid trip for you +1 to go with the other top sales leaders plus management staff. This is an experience you will not forgot and is undoubtedly a major incentive to hit your target. These trips are usually in tropical locations and the amenities go above and beyond.

Staff.

I worked specifically under Marty Wood and Steven Williams. They taught me what I know and helped me learn how to sell. They are intelligent, caring and enjoyable to be around. This job would not have been the same with out them.
    The CEO Darren Metz is an exceptional leader. He built this company from the ground up that now has over 300 employees yet when he comes in town despite being busy he makes an effort to shake your hand say your name and thank you for your hard work. That meant a lot to me and I'm sure the same goes for the other employees.

Other.

There are lots of other pro's for the other departments of the company, one for example is a beach house in Florida. It is offered for free for a week to the service professional of the quarter company wide.

I enjoyed NovaCopy, If you think you want to be in sales start here. You could make a great career out of it.

Cons

The only downside to the sales department was this is a tough industry, it's hard work and hard sales. But that comes with a great reward.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the company headed in the right direction.