KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Novatech Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2021

4.4
Novatech CEO Dan Cooper (no image)
Dan Cooper
Pros
  • "My hard work and determination was noticed and appreciated by upper management(in 9 reviews)

• "Darren Metz and NovaCopy mobilized and gathered donations on our behalf(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No cons the company is growing at a fast pace(in 4 reviews)

• "growing so fast(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful!

May 9, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

Novatech is no joke! The work environment is fantastic. There’s no gossip or in-office drama. It honestly feels more like family than anything else! So far I love it here and I can’t wait to see what my future holds at Novatech!

Cons

I haven’t noticed a single one so far!

2. 5.0

My review

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wasn’t really sure what to include in this review (this is my first time writing one of these), so I looked around at what other people had written first and I feel like the most important things (or at least the things that people talk about the most often) are: The work environment Very goal-oriented and success-focused. It’s a great environment for people who are driven and self-motivated. If you need someone to hold your hand and walk you through everything step by step you’re probably going to get left behind. The team dynamic - Again, I feel like the team dynamic is great for a certain kind of person. Sure, you getting along well with others is important, but I feel like all of us enjoy working as part of a team, but we don’t necessarily need it. We’re all more than capable of functioning independently in our own right at the end of the day. Management - They’re fantastic. Across the board they know their stuff and always make the same decisions I would given the chance. General level of happiness - On a scale from 0-10 I’d say I’m about an 8 on most days. I look forward to coming into work in the mornings and don’t spend every minute that I’m here waiting for 5 o’clock.

Cons

My only complaint would be that the benefits aren’t as good as I would like. Medical has always been important to me, and it’s on the expensive side.

Continue reading
    3. 5.0

May 6, 2021 - Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I tackled a variety of low-level computer hardware problems that were interesting and challenging (C/C++, Python, and Linux APIs) without having to meet the arbitrary (and stressful) 2-week deadlines. The work/life balance was great. I never worked a week that was more than 40 hours. I was encouraged to engage in self-directed learning while on the clock and to add features and fix any existing bugs in the software. They don’t expect you to get it right the first time either. They want developers who are adaptive and creative, not people who are know-it-alls and only give them more of the same of what already exists. I enjoyed the work I did at NovaTech mostly because they gave us developers room to breathe. Hovering and micromanaging are not issues I ever had to deal with in my time here.

Cons

I wanted more opportunities to move up within the company hierarchy. The culture promotes growth and exploration, but I wanted certainty when it came to my career path and I wasn’t sure I would find it here.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Reward those who work hard

May 8, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company isn’t perfect, but they do right by their employees. If you put in the work and align your priorities with the company’s goals, then they’re quick to promote you (and not just in title, but also financially). Even before I got promoted, I always felt like my work was appreciated and my manager made it a point to praise me openly whenever I went above and beyond what was expected of me.

Cons

Nothing outside the norm for any company in this industry. You have to take the good with the bad in all things and figure out what works for you.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

An employer that values its employees and sees them as human beings

Apr 28, 2021 - Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

I did not appreciate this enough while I was working here. My current employer is the definition of soul-sucking. I absolutely hate it and I can really see just how good I had it while at Novatech. You would think treating your employees like actual human beings is the bare minimum a company can accomplish, but apparently it’s become a rare thing. Long story short, I wish I was back at Novatech. I regret leaving. I hate my life.

Cons

I thought I had legitimate reasons for leaving, but in comparison, Novatech was El Dorado and I turned my nose up at gold hoping I’d be able to turn coal into diamonds.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hands down the best company I’ve ever worked for

May 5, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don’t think my experience at Novatech is representative of anything except my own personal experience. I want to clarify that before I continue writing because I think too many people go into writing/reading these things thinking that every single review has to be either entirely 100% fact or 100% lies and that’s just insane. My review is based on nothing more and nothing less than my own personal experience at the company and the people I work with. That being said, here’s what I consider to be the pros of working at Novatech: I like my team. They’re a great group of people I respect, admire, and enjoy working with every day. We don’t have any issues and no one brings drama from their personal lives to work. Management are tough but fair. I’m not going to wax poetic about how great management is. I don’t think anyone likes to be managed, so there’s always going to be that bitterness towards your manager, especially when you’ve been procrastinating on a project. But even at their worst they’re still genuinely good people who treat everyone with respect. The work is interesting and, at least in my role, does a great job of riding that fine line between “so easy I’m bored” and “so challenging I don’t think I can do this.” I’ve grown so much in the past two years and I think it’s because the work I do is always slightly pushing me outside of my comfort zone and forcing me to learn and take new and different approaches to the problems I face.

Cons

Again, I want to reiterate that this is based on my personal experience at the company. Other people might think there are more or less, or they might disagree altogether with the things I think are cons. But it’s my review, so it’s based on the things I personally don’t like. Here’s what I consider to be the cons of working at Novatech: There were issues in the past with sexual harassment. The company took them very seriously and the person who was accused was fired. But the whole thing opened my eyes up to what my female coworkers face that I just don’t have to deal with. I’m not a big party person, so the company events aren’t my cup of tea and I would be happier without them. They place a lot of emphasis on sales and the sales team.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Build a career you can be proud of

May 5, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

NovaTech is a great company to build a career for yourself. There’s a strong emphasis on both personal and professional development. If you have a strong desire to move up the ranks you can do so with the full support of management. You have to treat it like a career, not just a job. If you’re serious about doing well and standing out from the rest of the pack, you shouldn’t have any problems whatsoever.

Cons

Turnover issues because some people are clearly in way over their heads.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not for everyone

May 9, 2021 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

As much as I would like it to be otherwise, NovaTech isn’t for everyone. The work itself isn’t terribly difficult but if you think you can skirt by while putting in the bare minimum you have another thing coming. As a NovaTech employee you will still be held to a high standard. If you come here with the right mindset, you have nothing to worry about.

Cons

I would like to see improvements with the PTO policy.

Continue reading
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Management stand by their staff

Apr 28, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Took me about 4 months before I realized NovaTech wasn’t a good match for me. That’s not to say this wasn’t a good job. If this were the career choice that I wanted to pursue I’d have never left. That said, you must do what’s right for you and not trap yourself in a career that you’re going to come to regret later down the line. I don’t regret leaving to pursue what I really want to do but I also don’t regret having worked here. It was a good experience.

Cons

I wasn’t here long enough to pick up on any serious cons.

10. 5.0

Excellent place to work

Apr 14, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

No complaints from me! If you want overtime, you got it. Enough people pass it up so that it’s always available. A good portion of the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. This is a company where you will be respected by your peers. The company goes above and beyond to care about the happiness of the staff. They still have work to do to satisfy everyone but they’re really going all out in this regard. At the very least, they have my respect for the effort.

Cons

Lightening fast growth and now we’re dealing with a metric ton of work. On the one hand I’m happy we’re growing so quickly but on the other the growing pains kinda suck.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews