Novatech Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Novatech CEO Darren Metz
Darren Metz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My hard work and determination was noticed and appreciated by upper management" (in 9 reviews)

• "The CEO Darren Metz is an exceptional leader" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons whatsoever, it is a great place to work" (in 3 reviews)

• "more snacks in the break room :)" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Very good company to work for."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you do your job you can make all the money you want but it is sales and you have to be willing to put in the time. The founder and CEO Darren Metz is great to work for and really cares about the team members.

Cons

My part is sales and sales isn't for everyone.

2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Novatech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people at all branches and corporate office.

Cons

Lots of down time.

3. "No Job Is Perfect, But This Is A Good Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Novatech (formerly NovaCopy) is a decent-size company with a home-town feel inside its culture. The human touch has not given way to the cold and robotic world of corporate gloom. Tons of good folks are among the ranks, and most teams seem to be built well. Even if you have a coworker with whom you can take issue in some way, everyone in the team has an easily-identifiable redeeming value that makes them good folks.

Being fortunate enough to work in Nashville at the HQ, I've enjoyed the office space and environment, the nearby amenities, etc. The benefits are very fair, salary is considered with honesty and realism, and the company's mission and values are reinforced actively.

Cons

There can be some long days, the priorities can be changed with a moment's notice, and in some ways, the open office space layout can be an obstacle to productivity or privacy. However, these are not unique challenges and not deal-breakers at all.

There is a bit more disconnect than there needs to be, culturally, between departments, and a wider understanding of some services and products needs to be implemented across all disciplines in the organization.

Advice to Management

More sharing and establishment of understanding what the roles of peers are, as well as the product/service offerings of the company. More embrace of chain of command, and less tiptoeing about potentially offending people by telling them how things need to be. "Mutuality" is a great value, but so is "knowing how to take orders" when the time is right.

Traditions and status quos are made to be updated. Break eggs. Make omelets.

4. "Unfair treatment- heavy turnover"

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Drinks and fruit are provided

Cons

Unless you’re in sales you do not count; higher management is very condescending; salaries are below industry standards; hostile environment in most locations; hanky-panky is the norm; women are not treated equal; promotions may be available but don’t expect an increase in pay; raises are not based on merit; actually there are no annual pay increases except for top level executives

Advice to Management

Instead of increasing your holdings, more effort should be made to correct the increasing problems with the locations. Adding more to a weak foundation will only make the problems worse. Quit lying and be honest with subordinates. Listen to those who do the actual labor, you might learn something valuable.

Novatech Response

Mar 12, 2019 – Recruiter

We are sorry to see your employment experience with Novatech has not been entirely positive. Our core values include mutuality and teamwork meaning all employees do count and contribute to our goals... More

"Not what it appears to be"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Novatech full-time

Pros

Can’t think of any to mention.

Cons

The owner never knew my name even after I went on the annual Presidents Club retreat. Always acted like it was the first time he met me. After meeting the first year sales quota my quota was tripled. Honestly, trippled from the previous year. I understand doubled, but come on.

Advice to Management

Doesn’t matter, they never listened.

6. "Great Job if your Motivated"

Current Employee - Sales Support Coordinator in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Support Coordinator in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Novatech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, good people, a good place to work if your willing to work for it.

Cons

A few training bumps but nothing that can't be sorted out.

7. "Positive Atmosphere, welcoming culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Novatech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Novatech is a very positive place to work. As a new employee I have been welcomed by management and staff, and the culture of Novatech is very laid back and helpful. Novatech has been a great place to come to everyday. I would highly recommend this company to potential candidates who are looking for a company to call home.

Cons

No cons whatsoever, it is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Horrible company, pay, ethics, management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Novatech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The technicians and service department are great

Cons

Horrible training, morale, management, incentives. I worked for this company for six months the first was under a manager that was out the door from the get go. No support or training. The next month there was no management for our team, and then third month there was a manager that came over that also didn’t offer any insight or training. The general manager even said during a training that the first year is really tough in this industry, anybody that leaves the company within the first year is on their own accord. There were never any type of goals set, just a CRM system, with zero support and fake leads. The first deal that I ever closed, the commission was never paid out due to management entering into the system incorrectly, when I brought this up it was never addressed and pushed under the rug. The transferred manager left us to the wind until the last two weeks when he hired direct manufacturers reps with direct accounts to put the new hires out of a job a few weeks before the holidays. One of the reasons I considered this company was because the prided their selves on Ethics and “family first”. This may have been the mantra prior but this is not the case with the management team in place currently.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the sales managers motives. Don’t be shortsighted by Rhetoric that has no soul. I’ve never been so let down and disappointed I’m a company as this one.

Novatech Response

Dec 18, 2018 – Recruiter

We are so sorry to hear that your experience at Novatech was not a positive one. Our employees are very important to us and we seek to ensure a positive environment to pursue a career. Unfortunately... More

"Great for sales, awful for service."

I have been working at Novatech full-time

Pros

Probably a great job for a good salesman at this current time. Great pay, great benefits.

Cons

An awful job is you are service or admin. Top management expecally the CEO sees you as expendable pawns.

Advice to Management

Fix your view of service and admin before it become an awful place for sales too.

"BEST BOSS, BEST COMPANY"

Current Employee - Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Novatech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LISTENING, GUIDANCE, INSPIRATION,ENCOURAGEMENT, TEACHING AND SUPPORTS

Cons

Who doesn’t like feeling support, especially at work? Knowing that there’s someone ready to lend you a helping hand when times are tough makes you ready to face any challenges.Darren you are always there for all your employees and their family especially myself. You are always supporting and helping me when situation are critical. I just do not know how to really say THANK YOU to you. But i will let GOD reward you for me. And to be honest, i will say that during all my life i never have a boss like you. You are the best. And i appreciate you. And i will not go nowhere but to stay with Novatech for the rest of my life.Thank you for being so understanding as I navigate this difficult situation. Your continued support and encouragement are appreciated more than you know.I am writing today to thank you for all the support that you have extended to me during my time here. From the time I started this job you have been nothing but helpful and supportive and it means more to me than you’ll ever know.Your guidance and support have shaped my professional life and today I can see the fruits of working with you. Accept my appreciation, sir!Thank you for your kind words. I am really grateful for your encouragement, guidance, and support. Your appreciation means a lot to me. Rest assured that I will continue to do my best at work and to support you and the Novatech family. Thanks.

Advice to Management

Understanding team dynamics and encouraging good relationships.
    Selecting and developing the right people.
    Delegating effectively.
    Motivating people.
    Communicating.
    Planning, making decisions, and problem solving.
    Avoiding common managerial mistakes.