Numotion Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Mike Swinford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work environment / Pay / Everything (in 10 reviews)

• Astronomical workload where no one can ever catch up (in 9 reviews)

"A Company Review That is Truthful and Unbiased"

Current Employee - Hourly
    Current Employee - Hourly

I have been working at Numotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Organization is moving in a strong direction long term
    -Positive work environment
    -Coworkers and managers are good resources for development and guidance
    -Low stress level considering heavy workload at times

Cons

-Pay could be a little better for certain hourly positions (I can say that about any job)
    -Vacation time could be higher at long term employment levels
    -Insurance is a little higher than average compared to other companies I have worked for with same type coverage

Advice to Management

Although I am somewhat new and my experience has been limited working for this company, I think most of these poor reviews are false and simply the result of employees lashing out due to the fact that they themselves did not possess the right attitude or work ethic to perform the duties that they were assigned. I have had multiple interactions with nearly every department that is negatively mentioned. The issues and events are either completely false or heavily embellished. No job is perfect and neither is mine but the good qualities definitely outweigh the negative ones. I myself have worked for several different places over the years in many different environments and cultures. In some positions I excelled and grew within the company. Some I didn't. Here are some takeaways that you can count on working for this company. The first one is the stress level. And when I mean stress, I am not talking about pressure. My overall stress levels are lower here than anywhere else I have previously worked, and I have just about done it all. I have worked in sales, heavy manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, recycling, and even hospitality. The one thing you can count on here is if you have a problem or don't understand how to do something you will receive the help you need and as long as you keep trying they will continue to help you until you master that skill or solve that particular problem.
    When I first began my position I was very nervous and overwhelmed even though I thought going in it would be an easy transition for me. It wasn't. The job I do is difficult. I make mistakes every single day. And I don't mean one or two but sometimes several. And some of them have been costly. Where I am fortunate is to have the kind of support I do from everyone. I consider myself to be very lucky in that regard. Other places I have worked for have been much different. I have had coworkers and managers sabotage my own work as well as setting goals that were not only unobtainable but no direction as to how to achieve them. Duties, responsibilities, and goals here are precisely defined, and the people I answer to as well as the people I work with possess an attitude of "we will get there together". Operations, Fleet, HR, Safety, IT, Sales, Compliance.......I have had to reach out to all of these departments for help and guidance. Answers have passed through them as though they were a pain of glass. These issues that many have complained about simply do not exist.
    Is Numotion the perfect company to work for? Absolutely not. Is the leadership making all of the right decisions? Nope. Do I think they are making the best decisions they know how to and we are moving in a positive direction? Yes, they definitely are. I am not aware of any perfect company or perfect managers to work for. If that existed I would already be the CEO of it. As with any younger organization there are always going to be growing pains associated with trying to improve and making ourselves better at what we do. I believe that we are achieving this every day and when I get frustrated I try to keep in mind the customer out there who is immobile and trapped in their home because they are waiting on a Service Tech or an ATP to get to them to fix their equipment. I take a deep breath and focus on the problem or issue at hand and if I can solve it hopefully the ripples I make in the pond will reach that customer out there in some small positive way. Then at the end of the day I can say I did my job. Keeping that perspective has helped me more than anything else since I have been here. I control the variables I can control and I try every day to have a positive, contagious attitude and I throw in a little humor for good measure. Every day is certainly not easy but I get a good feeling inside about what I am able to accomplish.
    Maybe my perspective will be helpful if you are considering a position here or if you currently work here and you are not as happy as you hoped you would be. Maybe it might inspire you to change or help someone else who is struggling with their work.
    I hope that this gives you some insight on what Numotion is, what it means to me, and what it means to our customers. What we do here improves the quality of someone's life. What we take into our hands we take into our hearts. And now my heart beats in a Numotion.

"Innovative Company Heavily Focused on Customers, Employees, and Compliance"

I have been working at Numotion full-time

Pros

The top leadership really care about customers and employees. Always looking to improve processes. Lot of benefits to choose from. 401k match.

Cons

Has the corporate feeling too much sometimes. HR can be slow to add/replace employees.

Nov 3, 2017 – Social Media

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

"customer care"

I have been working at Numotion full-time

Pros

Numotion does great work for its patients

Cons

consistent change makes the work place stressful

Nov 6, 2017 – Social Media

Thanks for leaving a review. We value and consider all feedback and are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our employees.

"Better but, still not great"

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Numotion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to help people and make a difference in their lives.

Cons

The people you get to help also are the same ones who yell and cuss at you for mistakes and delays that are not your fault. Management seems to care most about orders that make them money. If you are in a bad situation and desperately need the help but, your equipment doesn't make them any money you can be sure you will be put on the back burner.

Employee tensions are high as each department has their own issues. There is no communication between departments and they just blame the each other. No team work. Negative work place. I have seen many employees treated disrespectfully by management and nothing is done about it.

There is more training now but, the processes changes so much you just can't keep up with anything. You can expect up to 100 emails in one day, not to mention the phone constantly ringing. Management seems over worked and stressed out, this trickles down to the employees who are not treated with respect. They are given ridiculous goals to meet every month and ultimately they get no reward for going the extra mile. Only the managers make a bonus.

As an employee.. I should expect to be appreciated for my work, shown respect and decency, compensated fairly and given a path to success. unfortunately, Numotion doesn't deliver on any of these.

To those who say the negative reviews are false or over dramatized truly have no idea what they are talking about. Some employees have been here for years and have seen many newbies come and go. Give it some time and I think you too will have some negative thoughts and stories to tell.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, don't gossip and play favorites. Reward those that actually do a good job. Have checks and balance, seems that the managers can do whatever they want. Treat everyone fairly, no matter what their job title is. Push for better customer service not better numbers. Promote from within.

"Unprofessional workplace"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Rocky Hill, CT
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Rocky Hill, CT

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mission is great, helping people become mobile!

Cons

The IT dept is a joke. The culture is unprofessional, high stress, high tension; and senior management doesn't care. Talk about leading by example, they yell at each other, stab each other in the back and treat each other like crap, which in turn trickles down to the staff. There is no trust better managers, and not a lot of trust between employees as a result. Literally an unhealthy environment to work in. There are a small handful of decent managers in the IT department, but the CIO and his "followers" are the worst. They are the epitome of unprofessional. There are too many "leaders" that should actually be fired, including the CIO, for the way they act, and more importantly the way they treat their staff. It seems as the the CIO rewards the "bad behavior" of his staff by awards and promotions, and that is just ridiculous. The department has extremely high turnover as a result. Do not work here, you will regret it.

Advice to Management

Research the extremely high turnover of this department. Research the complaints to HR about the senior "managers" and CIO. Research the employee surveys. Why is there such high turnover in this one department? Take your employee's complaints and concerns seriously. There is a reason people don't stay here and this advice should be a given.

"Unfair Practices"

Former Employee - Bill Collector in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Bill Collector in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Doing great work for families in need

Cons

Unfair Practices, too much nepotism, hiring of family and friends that are promoted to leadership position it becomes a sort of cliquish hostile work environment. The company has a no retaliation policy for employees to file grievances however its suppose to be anonymous and yet the people know about it then harass you about it. Very terrible place to work so many unfair practices. It feels like you working for a cartel or mafia. You fear for your job and your life.

Advice to Management

Please consider changing your internal polices to hot hire families and investigate every complaint thoroughly there is always truth behind each compliant each employee cannot not feel the same about the same issues which means nothing is being done about it.

Dec 6, 2017 – Social Media

We welcome this feedback on a topic we take very seriously here at Numotion. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Numotion is committed to creating an environment of compliance and... More

"Why not to work for Numotion"

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay. Checks don't bounce. Friday after thanksgiving is day off.

Cons

Over worked. Workloads are not based on anything but profit. Low pay in comparison to work expectations.

Advice to Management

Venture capitalists need to except a smaller % return. Instead Live up to the company mission statement.

Nov 17, 2017 – Social Media

We value your 10-year commitment to our customers and our team. We take these comments very seriously and want to improve the situation. If you’d like, we’d be more than happy to discuss your review... More

"service coordinator"

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

People are nice to work with and benefits are decent

Cons

Training is a real issue the first week I sat with 5 different people who showed me 5 different ways to do the same job then they expected me to just sit at a desk and act like have been there for years. Like I said nice people but they would make it a point to let you know they were too busy to help or answer any questions which made it very difficult to do the job correctly or learn.

Advice to Management

They need to improve on the way they handle their training for new employees. I mean I have been doing medical customer service for 25yrs this is not new to me but the rehab side of the business was. I am very capable of learning but not getting the proper training to do the job correctly really bothered me and to be told "i am too busy" when you try to ask a question to me is a real problem,

Sep 26, 2017 – Social Media

Thanks for your feedback. You’re right, Numotion is filled with great employees who love what they do. We agree with your statement that new hire training is an area in need of focus and investment... More

"Don't bother woking here, it's merely a pitstop to better opportunities!!"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Rocky Hill, CT
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Rocky Hill, CT

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company's mission and reason for doing business is great. Co-workers are great people.

Cons

Favoritism is big in IT, If the CIO likes you, you are golden, if not, you should start looking for a new job quickly. It isn't about what you are capable of with him. The overall department is junior high school all over again, finger pointing, backstabbing, gossiping about people--all from Directors to CIO. CIO plays favorites and hires people just like him: no people skills, no empathy, butt kissers, and "yes" men.

Advice to Management

Grow up, concentrate on getting customers in their wheelchairs not brown-nosing. Train, develop, motivate and recognize your people. Remove the hostile and toxic managers and above. They are hurting your bottom line. Turnover is expensive and also hurts you customers, as well as the bottom line.

Oct 25, 2017 – Social Media

You are absolutely right, our people are exemplary. Their dedication to our customers and our mission is second to none. As Numotion continues to grow, we continuously look for ways to enhance our... More

"Ccc"

Former Employee - Ccc
    Former Employee - Ccc

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, helping others, co workers are like family

Cons

To many managers. No raisers in two years. No where to move up. They only care about making budget dosnt matter if equipment is correct or not.

Advice to Management

Get rid of middle management. I seriously had for managers and god forbid you ask one a question without asking the one below them 1st. Techs refusing deliverys due to not liking atp. Co workers can create a lot of drama and at times are harassing.

Sep 26, 2017 – Social Media

We greatly appreciate your 3 years with us and are glad you felt you were part of a family. We continuously look for ways to enhance employee benefits and compensation. We’ve made numerous changes to... More