Numotion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Swinford

Pros
  • Every person can make a difference (in 4 reviews)

• working on your own in the field to help people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Astronomical workload where no one can ever catch up (in 8 reviews)

• The solution of upper management is to hire more managers (in 6 reviews)

"Funding coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team mates are great! Also the benefits are okay

Cons

Hard to get raises and move to another department

Advice to Management

Communication

2. "Document Funding Coordinator"

Former Employee - Document Funding Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Document Funding Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Insurance, Flexible work schedules

Cons

Poor management.. lack of training in all depts.. lack of communication from one dept to another.. favoritism amongst staff

Advice to Management

Provided it to DFC CEO, numbers is all that's cared about. Not the clients numbers, personal pocket numbers.

"Great vision very bad management and training"

Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The goal and vision to help with mobility for clients to improve their lives. Some co workers were great to work with.

Cons

No training!!!high turnover and the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. No communication, NO TRAINING just expect you to learn from videos and no follow through on orders. Patients waiting far too long for wheelchairs or parts and good luck getting someone to respond to your emails.

Advice to Management

Get proper training so people will not get frustrated and leave. You are losing great people because nobody is listening to the employees while management lines their pockets. CCC's do not get bonuses and they push orders through. Pay them better salary especially when you expect them to do so much@

"Hostile and Toxic"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Rocky Hill, CT
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Rocky Hill, CT

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were some of the best people I have ever met.

Cons

Workload is extremely high with incredibly unrealistic direction. Like, solve world hunger and make peace in the middle east before lunch unrealistic. The ratio of employees to management makes this the most top heavy place I have ever worked in. Roughly 2.7 employees in IT per member of management at the time I left. The managerial method is to put people under intense pressure and then discard them when they crack. Politics and shady practices abound, in levels I have seen nowhere else. The politics of the workplace actively prohibit customers getting their wheelchairs on time. By the time I left I had seen enough people leave to know not to ask for a reference, no matter how amicable my departure.

Advice to Management

I gave it, it was discarded (literally, thrown away).

"Hostile Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are genuinely good people, for the most part. Decent health insurance.

Cons

Astronomical workload where no one can ever catch up. Office is unprofessional overall- tensions, yelling, and emotions run high with management. Very high turnover rate of employees= lacking management/lacking training. Underpaid. There are no raises. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen anyway.

"Hostile workplace"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

Paid time off (vacations, sick time, holidays + a floating day) are good.

Cons

Hostile work environment. Constant yelling, backstabbing, bickering, not being held responsible for basic mistakes. Management listens to the backstabbers and does not investigate the facts. Stressful environment when it did not need to be. Being called "honey" by manager & flipped off. My first day on the job i was told "we expect you to make mistakes" and "I don't know what you do & I don't want to know", then writes you up for making mistakes while not knowing how/what those mistakes do/are.

Advice to Management

Employees are NOT your friends or buddies. Learn what your workers DO. Get both sides of the facts and then act. Be proactive not reactive.

"Document Funding Coordinator"

Current Employee - Document Funding Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Document Funding Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Locations all over the country, can travel and still keep a job

Cons

Poor training, poor communication, minimal room for advancement

Advice to Management

Take a closer look to staffing inside the company. Review problem areas for consistent training.

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Hazelwood, MO
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is making some much needed changes. Company has a good heart in helping clients

Cons

Poor communication, poor training, management not accessible, pay poor

"Don't work here...management is awful"

Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Coordinator in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

I love the job it was fun, meeting new patients and helping the disabled get mobility and see their faces. Coworkers were like family.

Cons

New management took over and the job went downhill. Managers will talk bad about employees in front of other employees and very demeaning and all about budgets

Advice to Management

Lose the current management very strong liability issue for the company. Make employees actually matter to the company and show some ounce of appreciation for them to keep the good people. "Bad managers lose good employees". I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here with the current management.

"Stay Away, Beware!"

Current Employee - Funding Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Funding Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made good friends, recently started raising pay to where it should have been 2 years ago, freedom to take lunch whenever you want...

Cons

The are so many, I'll just try to state the important ones that you should really adhere to before accepting an offer: MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE! Managers/supervisors are very immature, they lie, they will attempt to talk down to you, they call you in their office to ask you questions about other employees, but most importantly, MONEY is their only concern! Not their customers, not their employees, only money. You get hourly emails regarding how much money each region has brought in, and if it's not the amount they're comfortable with there are degrading comments attached with those emails. You bring in MILLIONS of dollars daily for them, yet their equipment breaks down often and is refurbished. Turnover rate is ridiculous, the pay is subpar and the great employees that leave are replaced with ppl that fall asleep at their desks, make you feel like you have to lock up your belongings when you leave your desk, ask you for your prescription meds...you get my drift. There is NO FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE although we were told there would be one implemented. And the training is obsolete, it consists of helping you get log in info, and then throwing you to the wolves, to be at the mercy of your other coworkers to answer your questions, and to help you, even though they are already overworked and under paid. Bottom line, if you're ok with working harder than you have you ever have in your adult life for $15 an hour, asked to work overtime daily, and Saturdays as well, welcome! If not, take a bit more time to find somewhere better.

Advice to Management

If you pay attention to NOTHING else, pay attention to the turnover rate in the Apex location. Employees are truly tired of being treated unfairly, and being worked like literal slaves with no incentives except for earning the paycheck that they slaved for. The benefits suck, and the majority of the ppl there give back 40% of their paycheck to keep their families insured. If you don't care about your employees, or the turnover rate, then continue down the road of making changes that only bring in more revenue for the company, but makes in harder for the employees to meet the established goals to bring in said revenue.