Numotion Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Mike Swinford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • By working at Numotion you are able to wake up everyday knowing you make a difference (in 7 reviews)

• You are helping people get around (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Astronomical workload where no one can ever catch up (in 9 reviews)

• Hostile and toxic work environment (in 9 reviews)

"Rewarding Experience"

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

The passion that all the employees have for helping our customers is truly amazing. It really makes you proud to be a part of the team when you see the dedication everyone has to the company’s mission. There is strong leadership in place that makes the right/tough decisions that benefit the organization for the long term. They take the time to communicate with employees. So many changes have been made for the better and the company has come such a long way. You really see the positive impact you have on people's lives.

Cons

It is an extremely demanding and ever-changing environment. You have to be able to find solutions and move forward with limited resources. The culture is very reactive so difficult to get ahead of things and technology is limited.

Advice to Management

Everyone works extremely hard every day – continue to listen to the feedback and take the time to recognize the efforts of the employees and understand better what resources are needed. There is so much knowledge in the organization and that should be taken advantage of. Celebrate more of the smaller successes. There is so much opportunity for the company.

"Good teamwork, great people"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Rocky Hill, CT

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome mission. New techniques from web designer/architect are great. Will really make a difference in ease of programming and quality of product. Management is emphasizing a learning environment. The bad reviews on this site are from people who aren't here anymore.

Cons

There has been some turnover. The IT team has always been around 50, and it still is today. Management always works to improve so we get better. They are approachable and listen. While the result isn't always immediate, improvement definitely happens.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Keep improving. Keep finding good talent that makes us better.

3. "Billing & Collection Coordinator"

I worked at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co workers and Some Supervisor are very helpful, Our Senior & CEO are so cool

Cons

Some Manager mandates Supervisor disseminates meetings regarding only their personal stories which is irrelevant to subject of our meetings. does not listen to crews needs

Advice to Management

Please advise Sacramento Managers and Supervisors to STOP FAVORITISM and access to employees emails which was sent to or asking help for our higherOfficers.

"Good company to work for."

Current Employee - IT Security Administrator in Hazelwood, MO
    Current Employee - IT Security Administrator in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are helping people get around. So there is a sense of importance in what you do. The company is expanding so there are plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The company lacks a cohesive training program, there is no consistency with SOP. Many branches operate as if they are mom and pop shops, not a nationwide company. These things will change in time but for now, it can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Work to get all of the branches on the same page. Lock down SOP and hold everyone accountable to SOP not just poor performers.

"Growing, getting better"

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth and learning. IT started from scratch, anyone with talent can come in and make a difference. Things are maturing now that some of the bad attitudes have left. Great mission - helping people get their wheelchairs.

Cons

There are many demands and not enough hands. People need to wear many hats which some people don't like. There are no pure managers - all the managers perform work, and some are key people for keeping things moving. Very little hierarchy because even the managers and up to the CIO dig in.

Advice to Management

Need stability and investment.

6. "Service Coordinator"

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

Helping clients with their wheelchair needs.

Cons

Not enough Service Techs to service the demand.

"Numotion atmosphere"

I have been working at Numotion full-time

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

Nothing is bad about this company

"Outstanding mission and sense of purpose"

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission of this business is extremely rewarding on a personal level. Being a part of getting people into appropriate technology to help them live a better life is a great reason to come to work every day. Numotion is growing and bringing on new and exciting products to share with our customer. I am excited about the future.

Cons

All of the documentation and approvals to process a customer order is challenging across the business, but management seems committed to addressing it and trying to simplify where it can be done

Advice to Management

Keep up the regular communication as you have been. Keeping employees informed makes us all more engaged.

"IT stands for Immature and toxic-prospective employees beware!"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Rocky Hill, CT

I have been working at Numotion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The mission is great, staff for the most part are some truly great people.

Cons

The IT department is run in a completely unprofessional manner. The CIO talks about his employees to other employees, if he doesn't like someone he finds reasons to get rid of them, then tells staff that they were terrible. You would think the CEO would investigate the extremely high turnover in this department. In just under 2 years the IT dept went from 76 ppl to 48 as of today. 28 ppl gone, primarily leaving on their own (seeing the writing on the wall, and tired of the kindergarten drama, forced out by the CIO himself, and only under 5 of those ppl let go. Over the past 6 months, since his department's turnover is so high, he has used bullying tactics to try to get people to stay. Using words like "you are committing IT prostitution if you leave". This is an "it's not me, it's you" upper management mentality, yet the CIO and other managers cannot make a decision, or the decisions they make are poor. They ask for feedback and advice but ignore it, because they are way smarter than you anyway. Future employees beware of this department, I do not recommend working here.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to pay attention to the turnover and think about why. You cannot brush this off as "those people didn't belong here" etc. The CIO ran off some really great leaders; leaders that he could have learned something from which is really too bad because he is the one that does not belong in his role. The worst run dept I've ever seen in my career.

"Circling the drain"

Former Employee - App Developer in Rocky Hill, CT
    Former Employee - App Developer in Rocky Hill, CT

I worked at Numotion full-time

Pros

The mission is great, the regular workers are great. The regular employees want to make a difference, want to help our customers, upper management just wants to make themselves look good and line their pockets.

Cons

There are far too many cons to this company. I would need more characters to say everything needed to say. I used to have a good opinion of the CEO, but after 2 years of him watching the CIO make mistake after mistake and still has a job leaves me with little faith. It is truly amazing that the CIO still has a job. He is not a leader, and many of his "leaders" beneath him have no business leading either. Until the CEO gets serious about his leadership team, training, and true empowerment, he will continue to watch this company circle the drain with toxic and detrimental workplace environments, which ultimately impact the customers and the bottom line.

Advice to Management

If I were the CEO, I would look at company reviews on Glassdoor, Indeed etc, charge someone at Numotion to look at documented issues across all departments. Why do some departments experience such high turnover? Rehiring and retraining is very costly to a company, and again impacts the customers who rely on Numotion for their day to day livelihood. Way too many egos and power trippers in this company. People don't leave jobs, they leave bosses. Change starts from within. Start listening and acting or this company will surely fold.