OTO Development Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Corry Oakes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent Company to work for"

Current Employee - General Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive Corp staff! Growing Company! Excellent Opportunities! Regionals who are supportive! Company has values which I believe in and excited to help grow this company to be THE leader in hospitality!

Cons

Health Care Options could be revisited.

2. "Operations Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at OTO Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is consistent with what you would receive in Washington DC. They offer benefits.

Cons

I had only worked for them for 3montgs before leaving. This company took over when our building was sold. The transition wasn't a smooth one. They are more financially driven versus caring for employees and guest. They were okay running a "skeleton" crew if it meant they could save money. The benefits are fair but leave a lot to be desired and expensive. Executive task force managers are very sneaky and secretive. They also torment and talk down to staff and use dirty tactics to make you quit or get rid of you.

Advice to Management

1. Re-evalute the pay scale and benefits you offer.
    2. Transparency in the service industry is important because perception is reality. Be better with putting individuals in place that can communicate with staff.
    3. If your going to aqcuireband transition a property be upfront with the individuals you plan on replacing instead of having existing staff do your dirty work.
    4. Please do a temperature check and investigate the task force operations managers for that region as they are walking liabilities. They're comments and demeanor towards staff are deplorable and degrading
    Remember employee satisfaction reviews should be used to correct/ or enhance the companies experience

3. "Director of Sales and Marketing"

I worked at OTO Development full-time

Pros

Growing company, great ownership team

Cons

Senior management team does not believe in promoting from within, property senior leaders do not have a voice and authority to make decisions.

Advice to Management

Maybe listen more to the property leaders as they know the market and their teams the best

4. "Great Experience"

I worked at OTO Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing support staff allowing for quick resolutions to issues. Often corporate offices reply within minutes by phone or email. They use modern tools for more efficient work and promote from within if possible.

Cons

OTO Developement is exactly that... a hotel development company. They build hotels and sell them to invest into building more.

Advice to Management

Continue to expand support staff as you are expanding.

5. "Not a Bad place"

Former Employee - Executive Housekeeper in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Housekeeper in New York, NY

I worked at OTO Development (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay work with smart people

Cons

They turn a blind eye to unfair labor practices. A top manager can torment the staff with ZERO repercussions.

6. "Employees are not important"

Former Employee - Gallery Host
    Former Employee - Gallery Host

I worked at OTO Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn everything on your own, management are not on the same page, terrible attitudes, corporate is a waste of time.q

Cons

Corporate and management pretends to care for employees.

Advice to Management

Train all associates properly and learn to communicate with employees.

"Front Desk Agent"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in New York, NY

I worked at OTO Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They gave a lot of hours and the guests were amazing. You learn many skills at one job which helps you with future experiences. Pto, holiday pay, sick days and free uniforms. They pay for lunches sometimes. The other coworkers at the front desk were like family to me. Nice Christmas party once a year. Discounts at other hyatts and oto properties.

Cons

Horrible management. The hyatt place hotels that are run by oto development mistreat their employees. They treat employees like slaves and throw their titles in the employees faces. My old manager left the hotel whenever she felt like it and never wanted to deal with customers issues. Also, she switched properties and left my old hotel empty handed with only a week notice. They rather hire new people for less money instead of keeping loyal hard working employees. They also have cheap quality uniforms and if you ask for a new uniform they make it so difficult. The computer systems were always down and management never cared. Management will also talk negatively about other employees and gossip in the workplace. Its like high school and they put their employees down. Please don't waste your time. You have been warned. Also horrible pay.

Advice to Management

Don't let managers get too comfortable in their positions and make sure they treat employees better. Pay better wages and give out better quality uniforms. Evaluate managers to make sure they do their job efficiently and do not take advantage.

"Front desk"

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Develope people skills, learn to multitask to a fault, regular guests are the greatest if you take care of them

Cons

The worst company I've ever worked for in my entire life. Their employees are expendable to them. No matter how hard you work for them, it is never enough. This company is greedy, their "BEST" corporate employees are some of the most condescending, pompous, sarcastic, lying, back stabbing, drama filled people (yes, more than one). At Hyatt Place (an OTO managed property) you do 3 different jobs and get paid for 1 job (kitchen, bar, front desk but get paid to do front desk). They demand too much and Mirrors the French Revolution as far as pay goes.

Advice to Management

Start to care more about the people who work hard or you will have no more staff to treat poorly

9. "Great growth and opportunities!"

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!

Cons

Not for everyone. You have to work hard and be driven.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize and appreciate your staff!

10. "Good"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at OTO Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management at the hotel. Structured and organized. They let you be yourself and there's opportunity for growth if you work hard enough. Also great 401k

Cons

Insurance. 30 days to sign up, if you don't signup within your first 30, you have to wait till the next open enrollment period. Those first 30 days went fast! The pay isn't great either but is what it is.

Advice to Management

Signing up for insurance is confusing. A person to help you along the way would be helpful so you enroll in time so I can concentrate on my job, doing it to the best of my ability. Now I have to wait until the next open enrollment period. That said it's ultimately my fault I didn't sign up within 30 days.