KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.4
OYO Founder/CEO Ritesh Agarwal
Ritesh Agarwal
2,093 Ratings
Pros
  • "Work environment is cool of office(in 154 reviews)

• "The work culture has been amazing(in 142 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance needs to be worked out(in 342 reviews)

• "Absolutely No work life balance(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about OYO

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OYO and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience

Aug 19, 2021 - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best sales people I have ever worked with. The Company took really good care of its employees.

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about my time at OYO. The people were great and the money is there if you want to work for it.

OYO Response

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you are enjoying your tenure at OYO. We are always striving to better ourselves and build a company and a brand that is loved by one and all. Your input will help us in our endeavour. Thank you for your continued support.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

This company would lie to their own dying mother to gain a dollar.

Oct 13, 2021 - Business Development Head in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was decent pay IF they actually paid you.

Cons

I've never been more disrespected for being a top performer in my life. Work/life balance was horrible. They would dangle carrots for prizes and commissions in front of you but if you surpassed the quota they would not pay you. Then, if you asked about it they would treat you horribly and spit in your face by saying "you should be lucky to have a job". Also, I was promised a promotion for almost 6 months. They actually hired people from out of state for the position, paid them a large salary, and when they resigned after 2 months offered me the position for much less money. They have no sense of direction and are far from reality. Every single thing they say is a lie and will smile in your face when they do it. Then upper management came from overseas and berated every sales person that couldn't make a sale eventhough they could not make a sale themselves. They have no idea how to run a business or treat employees. If you are a yes man and don't mind being talked to in the most disrespectful way possible then this job is for you. If not, stay FAR AWAY from this company. It's like working for a cigarette company and telling every consumer of yours that you can't get cancer from smoking.

OYO Response

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We are continually working on our processes and systems to ensure we deliver the best employee and customer experience and will take your feedback into account. We wish you good luck.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very Unorganized

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best pro was probably the unlimited PTO, however you were overworked to the point where you couldn't really take it

Cons

Rude leadership team Often overworked No work-life balance No compliance with rules and regulations

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Literally the worse place I have ever worked

Nov 23, 2021 - Transformation Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work was okay. ....not much else You can clime quickly, but thats only because the turnover is so rapid.

Cons

The list would go on and on: Lack of vision Lack of leadership Horrid pay Horrid hours Unprofessional forms of communication A general lack of understanding of US employment law.

OYO Response

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We are continually working on our processes and systems to ensure we deliver the best employee and customer experience and will take your feedback into account. Thank you for your continued support.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

great

Nov 2, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast pace and engaging work

Cons

vulnerable to pandemic as you already know

OYO Response

Thank you for your positive words, this reinforces our agenda and that we're on the right path. We are glad you are enjoying your tenure at OYO. We are always striving to better ourselves and build a company and a brand that is loved by one and all. The last year has been tough for the global hospitality industry, however, with situations and market scenarios returning to normal, we expect a better and stronger position for OYO. To deliver the best employee and customer experience, we are continually working on our processes and systems. Thank you for your continued efforts.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

OYO is the worst company anyone can ever work at

Jul 26, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There really aren't any "Pros". It's all one big scam. You might be fortunate enough to meet some good/innocent people but those aren't the ones OYO want.

Cons

Everything. Incompetent management (which starts at the top). Lies, lies, and more lies. They lie to hotel owners, they lie to their investors, they lie to the sales staff, they probably even lie to their own mothers. There is no pricing algorithm. It's a bunch of guys sitting in a sweatshop trying to figure out what prices should be on hotel rooms on the other side of the planet (or a few thousand miles away). Management wants you to sell their big lie, but there is no technology, no value proposition, and no support for the hotel owners that sign on. OYO will just lower the rates by 15-20% below market rate and then take their cut. Hotel owners will always lose out and the business development people get to deal with the owner's wrath. They will also find every reason to not pay your commission, even when you've earned it. Avoid this company at all costs. You don't want to be on the Titanic. Bernie Madoff looked good in comparison to Ritesh Agarwal.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting place

Sep 28, 2021 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary was good. The bonuses were if they paid you

Cons

Too many chiefs, and not enough ___. They self sabatoge themselves because half the leadership is afraid of the top % . They will work you crazy hours or just fire you. Big cultural difference between their India teams and US teams.