OneSource Virtual Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
OneSource Virtual CEO Trey Campbell
Trey Campbell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I do feel we have a strong work/life balance at OSV, it is manageable for most when you know there are times we will have to work harder than normal" (in 11 reviews)

• "People generally want to help each other, the company is growing and we are moving to more automation which is exciting to see and be a part of" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Values-Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OneSource Virtual is truly an exciting and growing organization to be a part of. There is tremendous opportunity to gain exposure and experience in different areas. It is fulfilling to work at a place that truly cares about our customers and there's opportunity to make an impact through programs like our employee engagement committees and volunteering on the OSV Cares Team. The people here are amazing and there is a great sense of teamwork and commitment to our 10 values. As our culture evolves, the values continue to remain intact and our leaders are supportive.

Cons

Working here is not for everyone - change is the norm here, therefore employees are expected to be flexible and embrace change. With our growth, all teams are expected to deliver results and work hard. There is limited job-training, however, there are talks that this is coming in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent with your employees. In the midst of our changes, we appreciate the communication and open dialogue from our leadership team.

2. "Sales"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

Great company with a great culture changing the outsourcing industry.

Cons

You can't change an industry as large as outsourcing and believe it will happen without a few twists and turns.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the core strengths of our delivery model and be selective in chasing new opportunities.

"A great place to work"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People generally want to help each other, the company is growing and we are moving to more automation which is exciting to see and be a part of. You can approach anyone here from the CFO , CEO to the mail clerk - no ego tripping!

Cons

Like all other companies there is always a lot to do and having defined processes helps employees provide consistency and continuity - we are working on that but are not quite there yet but definitely improving.

Advice to Management

As we improve our processes it is important to get information from the front line, they are the doers of the work and can offer a great deal of insight. Keep being approachable - it is great to see and be a part of!

"Good company, could use a good cleaning though"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

Some departments are nice. Overall people try to keep the family feeling.

Cons

Some departments think too highly of themselves.
    Some so called leaders really should rethink how they present themselves.
    Listen to what people are trying to tell you, don't tell them what you think they want.

"Sales Issues"

Pros

There's flexibility and some nice people.

Cons

Tough sledding as an account executive due to the poor stigma of OSV. Competitors have a lot of ammo because of our tax service problems, unhappy customers and low references. Some of the executives come across as arrogant and shady and they will manage you out if they don't like you instead of trying to help you. They fired and walked out long time employees out the door after years of dutiful service, disgraceful.

Advice to Management

If the customer success manager's are going to have requirements to sell, essentially taking away quota opportunities, be TRANSPARENT about it or clarify, because it's widely speculated they are going to start taking away quota opportunities! Also, quotas need to be reevaluated if other departments don't have their house in order. Quit shoving the values down peoples throats when leaders don't live up to them. Actions speak louder than words.

"Professional Services employee"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workday is an awesome technology and OSV supports WD and training needed for certifications.

Cons

Excessive work hours. No backup resources available so time off is very difficult. Not uncommon to be assigned to 5+ projects. Difficult to keep clients happy which results in high stress. Turnover is extremely high which makes it difficult to deliver consistently.

Advice to Management

Proactively ask employees if they are happy and if there is anything that OSV can do to REALLY help them to be able to deliver what has been promised to customers. Listen. The problems and concerns are evident but management truly doesn’t seem to care.

"Makes No Sense"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonable Pay
    Flexibility on Work Schedule
    Work/Life balance better than it used to be.

Cons

Values are like swiss cheese, with Exceptions all over the place.

Chances for career growth are limited on geographic location.

Management does not listen to its employees. They see 50% approval on internal surveys and pat themselves on the back.

Major changes to PTO and review processes last year were announced so late cost Employees time off and salary.

People who make consistent mistakes or are totally unqualified are promoted.

Pretty much all decisions made by the company make little or no sense.

A lot of turnover in every department, and in executive management in the past 18 months.

So sense of direction.

Advice to Management

Core values should not just be a picture you hang on a wall. This company used to live by them and now they hide behind them.

You want a lot of work done, but refuse to hire more people and expect existing people to do the work of 5.

If you open offices other than Dallas, then you should make them a part of the company on every level, and not just focus on 1 place. Promote people who have paid their dues with you, and dont ignore them just because of location.

"Poor Leadership"

I worked at OneSource Virtual full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with some great, talented people here. The Workday ecosystem is flush with jobs so if you're certified and good at what you do, you don't need to settle for OSV.

Cons

Poor leadership is pervasive within OSV; people are promoted not on their merits but who's ego is being stoked above them. This is not a healthy work environment in terms of work-life balance or overall well-being. The company takes the myopic view of simply focusing on billable hours, at least in professional services. The policies are petty and do not reflect a trusting relationship between management and employees. Despite using Workday and being a deployment partner, OSV can't seem to sort out basic business practices such as A/R and how to manage an expense policy worthy of professional employees. Projects are set up to fail from the onset due to poor expectations being set at the onset and ineffective leadership at the project level and above. Resignations are nearly a daily occurrence and for those who have not already left, there are a number more who have not yet resigned. Project quality and customer satisfaction are poor due to the constant employee turnover and quality problems on projects.

Advice to Management

If you want to run in the Kentucky Derby, don't leave your prize stallion in the stable.

"Ok place"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

friendly workplace
    job stability
    slowly moving in the right direction

Cons

horrible work/life balance
    some supervisors have no clue what they are doing

Advice to Management

Great job to some. horrible jobs to others

"Growing Pain"

I worked at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

Company is small enough that you get to know everyone

Cons

They suffered multiple growing pains during my time there. Lots of lay-offs and reorganizations.