OneSource Virtual Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Trey Campbell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I do feel we have a strong work/life balance at OSV, it is manageable for most when you know there are times we will have to work harder than normal (in 10 reviews)

• Flexibility to work from home was great (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing so fast there's often no time to get comfortable in one role (in 13 reviews)

• Some growing pains due to the rapid expansion (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales - Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great team of peers to work with and learn from! Our sales management team - all the way up to the CEO are wonderful, so wise - they know what's important - we all live the OSV values and win by helping our customers and Workday peers by bringing value to every interaction and transaction. Management is super supportive and team oriented, hard-working strategists but we also have a lot of fun when we're all together. Company respects the employees, acknowledges our hard work, honors work-life balance and also does everything they can do to ensure our success. I love working at OSV.

Cons

Benefits could be a little more competitive - and would love for them to do more to provide for home-based employees with better contribution to our home office costs.

2. "Not Your Average Call Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with, I feel like we work as a team to get stuff done and help customers. I get to use my customer service background to assist customers, and learn and grow my experience because I work on reports and projects. I can tell that managers are a team too - this office used to feel disconnected, but the managers here make efforts to make us feel like one big team with the Dallas team. And Dallas managers come here, even the higher ups. I like the events, we have fun with the activities.

Cons

My job is challenging, I've had to grow and learn and make mistakes. But I think that's also a good thing too. My manager is really supportive and encouraging, so it makes it easier. There is not a lot of training, you mostly learn on the job. Also, we still sometimes feel separate from the Dallas team but I think its getting better slowly. We aren't very connected with Ireland team, but that would be nice if we could.

Advice to Management

Encourage us employees, and tell us how we can move up. There might be options out there we don't know about, and maybe you could help them work towards. Tell employees more about the different departments and what they do.

3. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

Great benefits and pto. Leadership managers care about employees. Company growing extremely fast. Awesome place to work. 10 values which company stands behind. Paid lunches and lots of fun!

Cons

Lack of training. To many meetings. You don't need a meeting for every single problem. Speak via phone or in person. Meeting takes up most of your time; can easily loose employees to other companies with the tie down meeting structure. Expectations are set to low in most areas.

Advice to Management

Revisit expectations because if you don't the company will never subdue the real goal - ACE.
    Reward managers that are performing and making a difference. Cut back on meetings.

"The values have become as phony as they get"

Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Mesa, AZ

I worked at OneSource Virtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay is decent but that also keeps you stuck.

Cons

The Manager is horrible. She is a glorified babysitter who nit picks everything you do and does nothing to help the team with what they need. She does not know the job but feels the need to pick what you do apart. You will feel like you never do anything right. Employees walk on eggshells. I wasn't there before she was but I understand it was so much better and a fun place to be where the values felt real. Wow, I can't imagine!

Advice to Management

How could you let your lead call everyone into your office to berate and put down? Telling them it was their fault for an angry client and how her name was being ruined by the employees mistakes? You sat there looking at her so proudly? So much for no egos. So much for building your team up. What about self-accountability? When you clearly spy on your employees at every moment they are at work, you send out a clear concise message that they are not trusted. Nobody wants to work in this kind of environment except your pets, which is obvious to everyone that you have. You seem to struggle with the power your position has given you and you are afraid of anyone taken any of their own initiative to do anything. You have stifled your departments' enthusiasm, creativity, and love for OSV.

"Implementation Sweatshop"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great sense of team. Experienced consultants are extremely knowledgeable and always willing to lend a hand. HR has been doing a great job at employee engagement and trying to make consultants feel appreciated.

Cons

Company struggles with quality, and upper management has been trying to address this. A lot of nice words have been said, and incentives offered. But when their main focus is squeezing every productive dollar they can from their consultants, it fails. To allow consultants to meet their productivity goals they overload them with more than they can even keep track of, and go after their work/life balance.

Advice to Management

If you want to increase your level of quality versus other Workday partners you have to get away from making the metric of success billable hours. Instead of focusing on the amount of work, focus on the quality of work and customer success.

OneSource Virtual Response

Aug 23, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. OSV’s values and teammates support a culture that revolves around teamwork and customer focus. As you mentioned, we have made great strides to better engage our... More

6. "Tax Department"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment! Good company perks! They believe in the 10 company values and employees must know them.

Cons

Equipment is a little outdated and due to the growth company is disorganized.

Advice to Management

Invest in the equipment to make your staff successful. Pay supervisors more for all the work you want them to do. Support your supervisors more, work on standardized processes for all offices not just Irving

7. "Culture-Driven Environment"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

Employees truly care about one another, customers and living by the values.

Cons

Rapid growth has caused internal process issues, but it's something that leadership is aware of and working to make right.

8. "Great Company - I enjoy it"

I have been working at OneSource Virtual full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, I know it varies by department but collaboration is on the rise and helping us continue to innovate. Lots of growth creating more opportunities.

Cons

As I mentioned the company is growing and experiencing growing pains. As long as the leaders continue to hear from their employees on the front lines and use that for their strategic plans we should continue to be successful.

Advice to Management

We continue to make raving fans of our customers but sometimes at the expense of the employees. Remember to keep a balance to customer demands and limit the exceptions offered to the services we provide.

9. "Inspiring Company"

Pros

Friendly and helpful staff, relaxed work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Culture Decline and Poor Managers"

I worked at OneSource Virtual full-time

Pros

- There are some people throughout the company that still live the values.
    - Flexibility to work from home was great.
    - Employer contributed to HSA.

Cons

- Senior leadership continues to miss the mark on hiring quality engagement leaders. People are continuing to leave because of it.
    - OSV used to pride itself on its culture, but the teamwork and innovation just isn't there like it once was.
    - Pay is lower than other partners

Advice to Management

When it comes to values, lead by example. Senior Mgmt fluffs up the positives while not even mentioning the challenges during town halls - the pep rally vibe is losing its effect.