Opencare Reviews

Updated Mar 11, 2020

4.9
Opencare Chief Executive Officer Nikolai Bratkovski (no image)
Nikolai Bratkovski

"Sales"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

-Dynamic and vibrant start-up with the most intelligent team I've ever been a part of -Founders are very thoughtful in everything they do and completely transparent with the rest of the team. Lines of communication are open and they are always looking for feedback and advice. -Huge growth opportunities from a development and career advancement perspective -Smaller teams make it easy to understand every aspect of the business and the direct impact you have in your direct role and to other parts of the business -Work closely with management to improve roles, processes, targets -Flexible startup culture allows for flexibility with work schedule and working remotely -Fantastic open-concept office space, more and more perks as company grows.

Cons

-small team and high growth means you have to wear a lot of different hats and step outside of your role sometimes... not for someone looking for set instructions or a stagnant role -constant growth also means constant reflection and constant changes in terms of goals and targets. -limited resources can mean that we are unable to do everything we would like to try right now.. this is constantly getting better with efficiency and additional resources

"Great people"

4.0

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Working with such an amazing group of people

Cons

Need a professional development program

"The next big thing in healthcare"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Awesome team and great culture

Cons

Nothing bad to say at all

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing teammates; Fast growing company; Cool and unique problems to solve; Lots of start-up perks; Lots of autonomy;

Cons

Company is growing very fast, and there is a constant state of change. Could be stressful at times.

Continue reading
  5. "Awesome place to work if you enjoy a fast-paced, ever changing environment with immediate impact"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible hours with truly unlimited vacation - Emphasis on personal health ahead of work - Abundance of interesting business problems to tackle with a lean team - Transparency on goals / opportunities / challenges from executives to rest of organization - Fast paced environment with regular shifts in focus - Strong focus on building a sustainable business while also growing market share

Cons

- Flat organizational structure can make it difficult to coordinate efforts and hold people accountable

Continue reading
  6. "Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Head of Finance

I have been working at Opencare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Company culture focused on growth and problem solving - Great vision and significant potential to win in industry - Extreme transparency across the org - Incredibly smart team - Significant resources devoted to personal development - Significant career opportunities and options - High degree of flexibility for work arrangements (wfh, etc.)

Cons

- Hard to keep up with headcount needs given growth pace - Could use more experience at certain levels

January 13, 2020Senior Talent Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and I'm glad you're having a positive experience at Opencare! Our Talent team is working hard to keep adding more folks to the team every week :) Mike mike.bettley@opencare.com

7. "When I work with them, I mostly enjoyed and learn new things about marketing in Canada"

4.0
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours, comfy work environment

Cons

management was not great and they did not care call center team

January 8, 2020Senior Talent Manager

Hey there! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the office space and perks during your contract! We really appreciated the hard work you put into our call centre experiment, and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't feel supported by your manager. Obviously this isn't ideal and I'd love to hear a little more so we can continue to improve our process and provide coaching to our teams. Please reach out to me at mike.bettley@opencare.com so we can set up time to chat further. Mike

"Challenge yourself to be better, with the support needed to get there."

Current Employee - Employee At Opencare

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great bourgeoning culture. The corporate culture at Opencare is developing and growing day by day. The best part is that you can join the team here and have a noticeable impact on it. Things aren't stale or stuck, and it is a pleasure to see how we are growing and developing our culture. A thoughtful and dedicated team. It is great to be around a group of very thoughtful people. Since joining Opencare, I have found the team here really thinks things through, and emphasize using data to guide decisions. I get the sense that there isn't much we cannot accomplish. Office perks that make a difference. One of the perks of working here is we have our lunches catered every day. I don't have to think about what to make or bring to eat every day — one less thing to clutter my mind. Plus I find getting to sit with the team over a shared meal is a great way to forge bonds. We are all in this together. Having strong executive leadership dedicated to transparency makes it easy to feel "we are all in this together." Regular town halls where team members can ask any question go a long way to keep things clear and ensure we are all on the same page.

Cons

Working in a startup isn't for everyone. There is no shortage of problems to solve, and priorities can change very quickly. Opencare, like many businesses in their position, needs to be mindful not to create new problems while solving for others.

January 13, 2020Senior Talent Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and we're also excited to see how the company and culture is evolving. We definitely agree that startup life isn't for everyone, but we try hard to find the right balance that allows everyone to be successful. Mike mike.bettley@opencare.com

"World's BEST Culture, Rewarding Work & Supported Personal & Professional Development"

Current Employee - Enablement in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nearly 5 months in and I can truly say with confidence that Opencare is the best place that I have ever worked. - Amazing, collaborative & kind culture with an emphasis on well-being that is actively supported by management. - Transparent leadership, with weekly updates from the founders. - Personal and professional development is valued and supported at all levels. - A truly close team working toward common goals. - A diverse, safe and inclusive safe for all in which you can bring your whole self to work.

Cons

I'll let you know if I find any! (It's a startup, a willingness to hustle is necessary and comfortability in ambiguity and changing requirements is a must)!

Continue reading

"Amazing culture and rewarding work!"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a huge emphasis on personal development so there are a lot of opportunities for personal and professional growth. The cofounders really encourage and model work life balance and being your optimal healthy self. It's supported by the cultural values as well as all the company perks such as unlimited vacation, free massages, free access to a performance psychologist and flexible work hours. The work itself is also super rewarding since you're helping real people find a better dentist, and you're helping dental business gain new patients. It's a win-win-win philosophy, that makes you feel good about coming to work everyday. Aside from all the already mentioned perks, there are also daily catered organic lunches which are delicious and such a time saver!

Cons

The company is growing really quickly, which comes with its own growing pains. There are still some processes that will need to be made scalable to make sure that we can continue to scale at this pace.

Found 27 reviews