OperationIT Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY

Pros

Great people, Growth opportunities, Challenging & Competitive Environment, on going training sets you up for success.

Cons

Wish I didn't have to move. Definitely learned a lot about the industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people. I owe a debt of gratitude to Mat & Jim for giving me the opportunity. Your leadership made me want to follow suit. You will continue to attract good people by leading by example.

"Stay Away"

I worked at OperationIT full-time

Pros

Maybe for experience on your resume- but if a potential employer does adequate research, this may be a con as well. Please pay attention to negative reviews stating the positive reviews are fake.

Cons

This company was known as Staff IT and presumably changed their name based on their bad reputation. There is little to no respect within this company- in all terms. As an employee, compensation, lack of balance, distasteful attitudes... the list goes on.

Advice to Management

Instead of taking the time to write FAKE REVIEWS, invest in your operation and let go of the greed.

"Worked here for ~5 years"

Former Employee - Manager of Business Development & Expansion, North America in Melville, NY

I worked at OperationIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here has been great and this is probably the best job I've ever had. I started here as an entry-level account exec and through hard work was promoted several times. The senior leadership team here is PHENOMENAL. If you work hard and show up every day, everything will fall into place here. I'm living, breathing proof of it.

Cons

As previously mentioned, working here has been great and this is probably the best job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

"Great Learning and Boundless Growth Potential for Achievers.."

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at OperationIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with OperationIT for nearly a year now and here is what I observed about the company.OperationIT fundamentally promotes ,fuels and values High-performance. For that very reason this is a place only for sharp talent seeking a structured growth platform in a fast paced environment. They have a strong client base and direct relationships and that gives one an opportunity to learn, access and interact with the very best in business. Every single member of this team goes out of their way to facilitate success and foster independence and that I think is truly remarkable. The Senior Management has a strong open-door, team-building approach where knowledge and roadblocks are explicitly shared and addressed. They want you to construct your individual edge with their clients and candidates and therefore are very willing to groom you under their guidance. Performance reviews and appraisals are time-honored. With introduction of flexi-timings, and a day off on your birthday, positively facilitates a good work-life balance.Most of the client/candidate follow-ups are within office hours.

Cons

Health Benefits still have room for improvement and so does paid time-off. We could use some more days. Also if you are not team and goal oriented, this is not a place for you.

Advice to Management

The management could look into providing more training and development opportunities to recruiters. Yearly outdoor team-building exercises with some fun incorporated could increase interaction between different offices and further enhance a sense of belonging to a great organization.

6. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

I'd recommend OperationIT to anyone who is focused and works hard. As with any recruiting position one gets out of it what one puts into it. I've been with the company since 2012.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

7. "OperationIT is improving...."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at OperationIT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So I was an admin assistant at OperationIT since it was Staff IT, which has been a little less than a year now. Since I've started there's been a lot of changes that past ppl have had problems with. Flexibility on hours and vacation days have changed. The culture is a lot more friendly and outgoing. A few of the locations are at we work ! We work is great!!! Lots of free events and has definitely played a role in the office becoming closer. As far as pay goes really try to negotiate your pay and try to prove yourself to the company. Gotta make the company money to get money. The recruiters are sweethearts and do advocate for their candidates! Operation it is pretty upfront with what they expect from you. I do feel like a lot of ppl on here who left bad reviews were in the past and like I said since I've been there many things have changed. If many ppl felt this way about the company and actually voiced their opinion to higher ups maybe the company would have started changing a lot sooner.

Cons

Relationships with their clients could use improvement. Recruiters have mentioned that they would love to see the commission rate improve.

Advice to Management

Compensation & Commission need to be raised.

"Coming up on 4 years"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at OperationIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros are that there is a potential here for both Professional and Financial Development. I cam e in as a recruiter and now have a management role. In that time I have seen both my salary and commisions improve nicely. And they started at a reasonable place. Further, the range of clients and the range of positions that StaffIT works on and supports continues to impress. And they are still small enough where you can get involved where you want to.

Cons

Like those who have commented before me, the hours can be a challenge. I shared that with management shortly after joining and I doubt I was the first. The good thing is I do little regarding work when I walk out that door. Generally. As a recruiter sometimes you have to make those calls in the evening. Regarding bogus clients and or jobs? I have never encountered such. And yes OperationIT (fomerly StaffIT) does rely heavily on email marketing. That said it works. You know what could be tightened up is the Health Benefits and the 401K but that I am afraid is true of most firms.

Advice to Management

My advice to management and I think I have said this in various ways through the four years I have been there is that we need to focus on the cities we are in, and the IT market we have thrived in. In short we need to hire more aggressive, energetic and imaginative recruiters and account managers in NYC, LI, Boston, NJ and Chicago.

9. "Excellent Experience"

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Melville, NY

I worked at OperationIT part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Few people have the opportunity to report to a manager who is also a mentor- but I did when I worked for OperationIT. I had an incredible experience working in both the Long Island and Boston offices. You will work with intelligent, friendly people who will always encourage you to push yourself and to grow. As an intern, I couldn’t have asked for a better learning experience. OperationIT is a success-driven company with an incredible culture.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As you continue to grow, never lose your team-oriented approach!

"Fantastic company, fantastic people"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

- Fantastic environment populated with talented, personable, motivated professionals.
    - Excellent career advancement opportunities.
    - Jim, Mat, Garrett and the rest of the team truly value and care for their employees. There is very much a "family" feel here.

Cons

None. But, as I have to enter at least 5 words in this field, I'll say that the biggest shortcoming of the company is that they do not have an office in which I can work here in WA, where I now live.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Made me more efficient"

Pros

OperationIT seems to have a knack of bringing out the best in you. I am much more confident today in this competitive field than what I was a few years ago. I think OperationIT sharpened my abilities, pushed me to excel, and was a great learning experience. Everyone in the company were extremely helpful. When I got stuck or needed assistance there was always someone available to speak with to provide guidance and advice.

I also saw that someone had previously written a misinformed explanation for the reasoning behind StaffIT re-branding itself to OperationIT. As far as I know, this was done so that the company can approach their clients with a more complete offering including a combination of IT Products, Staffing Services, and IT Solutions. I believe they were just looking to move away from being restricted by the Staffing connotation associated with the former company name.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.