KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Optym Reviews

Updated May 12, 2022

Found 214 of over 227 reviews

4.7
Optym Founder and  CEO Ravi Ahuja  (no image)
Ravi Ahuja

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Proper comfort for work, great people with many exceptional professionals to work with, learn from and hang out together, competitive salaries with good benefits, many ways and possibilities for growth.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and perks.(in 14 reviews)
  • "The management is very supportive when it comes to meeting personal and professional goals.(in 14 reviews)
  • "2. Teams are great, I have been part of one of the Rail team and from seniors to super seniors are very humble & always open for ideas and suggestions.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Culture is amazing, you won't find it at most companies.(in 7 reviews)
Cons
  • "NEPOTISM is #1, it's family company.(in 8 reviews)
  • "The CEO always talks about distributing the stocks but never does.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Few managers are unfit.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Basically you can trust no one there, even the people that you think that they are close to you they tell lies about you to show their loyalty to the top management and get promotion and bonus.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Have no qualms recommending this company

May 12, 2022 - Software Engineer in Gainesville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

*The company invests in its employees and encourages professional development *Everyone is held to the same high expectations – no favoritism here! *The pay is incredible! That’s all I have to say about that. *There’s a strong sense of camaraderie among the engineering team.

Cons

Nothing really. It’s a good company and I learned a lot.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing!

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

My manager is amazing! Working under him has been the privilege of my life these past few months. I know that sounds like an insane exaggeration, but it’s 100% accurate. I’ve learned so much just watching him work. I don’t know what the future holds for me at Optym, but I can’t imagine it will be anything other career-making and an intense period of professional development no matter how long I stay.

Cons

You’ve got to have a strong work ethic to do well here. Management will never ask you to do more than they would be willing to do themselves, but their work ethics rival that of the devil. So be prepared to roll up your shirt sleeves most days.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

ZERO micromanagement

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They fully trust their employees. I was never pestered by my boss about upcoming deadlines or projects. Once a deadline was communicated, I was fully trusted to meet it. How I managed my time and what aspects I prioritized were entirely up to me.

Cons

At the end of the day there just wasn’t enough room to move up within the company. I enjoyed my time here, and I was sad to go when I outgrew my position.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good

May 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people Clean office Good pay Plenty of work Fun holiday parties Support from management Clear expectations

Cons

Difficult to find a good work/life balance

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great for new up and comers

Feb 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not knocking any of the older employees but Optym is best if you’re fresh to the industry and have a lot of energy you’re bringing to the table. Like any job you can advance only so far up the food chain before you hit a wall. When that happens you can either stay where you are which isn’t bad at all considering the competitive pay and benefits, or you can move on to something else. I personally took the latter option but I have several good friends who have stuck it out and are quite happy with the careers they built at Optym.

Cons

The pressure to meet goals can be stressful.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Only gets better with time

Mar 1, 2022 - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with the company for over three years now and I can honestly say that my experience has gotten measurably better every year. I learn more, I make more, and I get the opportunity to make on more responsibility, which helps me grow more and opens up more new opportunities. There’s something unique about finding a company like Optym, where the work you do feels more like the start of a promising career than a come-and-go job. At least, that’s been my experience.

Cons

Always a little more to do, never enough time to finish everything on your to do list.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Outstanding on so many levels

Jan 26, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the first time I have ever worked for a company where I have an extensive list of pros. They have a clear set of values which they take very seriously. Workplace drama and finger pointing is entirely nonexistent, the environment is extremely positive, management is approachable and offers tons of support, compensation is great, and healthcare benefits are good too.

Cons

Every single company in the world has room to improve, and as much as I love Optym, they’re no exception. With all the many, many projects that come our way, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. I don’t have a problem staying overtime here and there, but at this point it’s basically routine for me. Thankfully I don’t have too much going on at home, so I can handle it.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

WFH is the best

Feb 19, 2022 - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

As much as I like my coworkers, I must admit that having the flexibility to work from home is so nice. Nothing beats working from the comfort of my own home! Though I still end up coming in to get some face-to-face interaction…and it’s easier to check in with your coworkers when they’re right there.

Cons

I am dying to take a vacation but I’m struggling to find a good time to take time off. Can’t have it all!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I’m so proud of how far I’ve come

Feb 5, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

When they say they want you to think outside of the box, they mean it! I’ve pushed my creative boundaries time and time again, and looking back I have grown SO much. I still surprise myself with the things I come up with, and I have my wonderful, supportive team to thank for helping me to reach my full potential.

Cons

I stress myself out worrying that I won’t be able to match their expectations. Even though it’s been amazing for my growth, the constant pressure to perform can be draining.

10. 5.0

Say no to the naysayers

Jan 19, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m surprised to see so many negative reviews for Optym. I can only assume they’re coming from a select few individuals who didn’t receive the promotions they wanted, so they decided to go and blame their shortcomings on everyone else. While I also wished that promotions came more often, the reality is that Optym is a small company with not much room for upward mobility. That’s not to say that hard work went unnoticed or wasn’t rewarded or that we were underpaid. It just means that it might take you longer to see significant pay increases, which isn’t reason enough to bash a company IMO.

Cons

I have nothing to add to this section.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 214 Reviews

Optym Reviews FAQs

Optym has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 227 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Optym to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Optym employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Optym. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

95% of Optym employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Optym 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Optym to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Optym Job Seekers