OtterBase Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
William Bennett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture for someone young, inexperienced, and right out of college (in 9 reviews)

• OtterBase encourages success and positivity, and I am thrilled to be a part of such a great company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be a hard work-life balance because most people in this business don (in 3 reviews)

• Recruiting is hard work and it takes some time to build the necessary relationships with candidates but the upside is well worth it (in 3 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at OtterBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OtterBase prides itself on the balance between work and personal time! With that being said, there is a plethora of team bonding activities, workplace events and good times. Almost everyone that works at OtterBase is genuinely awesome and welcoming, too. This is also a great company for recent college graduates looking to plant their stake in the workforce-ample opportunities for financial growth!

Cons

Staffing can be a grind but OtterBase employees are always willing to extend a helpful hand when needed!

2. "Client Director"

I have been working at OtterBase full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Good management and wonderful company culture.

Cons

Con --- I should've started working here earlier.

3. "Great Place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Client Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at OtterBase full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible culture, great people to work with, and even a better boss/ ownership to work for. You get in what you put out. You can make yourself a star here. I have brought 2 friends into the company, they love it. I have been blessed to meet even more from working here.

Cons

with a smaller company, there are less " frills" than with a larger corporation, but the compensation and commission structure reward high performers in a great way. I am thankful for that. Work hard to live well, and chase your out of office dreams.

4. "Welcomed into the OtterBase Family!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Lansing, MI

I have been working at OtterBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at OtterBase in Lansing, MI for nearly 5 months and couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous about leaving a position that I had held for 7 years, but the OtterBase family welcomed me in with open arms. I am seeing true success in my role and am already looking forward to what the future holds for me as I continue to grow with OtterBase. My co-workers are helpful, reassuring and encouraging and fill each day with laughter and fun. The managers have an open door policy and are always offering words of support and guidance. OtterBase encourages success and positivity, and I am thrilled to be a part of such a great company.

Cons

As with any recruiting role, there are ups and downs. Fortunately for me, the employees working at OtterBase are great at providing support on those days that are a little more difficult.

Advice to Management

The Lansing management team is AWESOME! They really do try to guide and support the recruiters so they can see success early on. Having their continuous support is a huge part of why so many of the employees love working here and it's why I love working here.

5. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at OtterBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Leadership that cares about you as an individual.
    -Uncapped Commission
    -A growing brand

Cons

None that I can think of!

6. "Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Livonia, MI

I have been working at OtterBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply, the culture. Even with 7 locations, you get to know and create friendships with coworkers in many other offices. Very helpful management, but they know how to push you to do better! AMAZING training program.

Cons

Recruiting in general can be a rollarcoaster of ups and downs.

7. "Love it here!!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at OtterBase full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and awesome people that are really team focused. Recruiting is both challenging and very rewarding in that you get out what you put in with effort. The base salary along with the incentive based commission structure really provides a great opportunity to earn much more than other starting jobs out of college. We also have a lot of fun celebrating our milestones... I highly recommend it!

Cons

Recruiting is hard work and it takes some time to build the necessary relationships with candidates but the upside is well worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do and stay connected. I love it when I get the recognition phone call or email from the executive team...it means a lot that you take the time to know and recognize us when appropriate.

8. "Good for entry level, poor for experienced"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at OtterBase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For someone coming right out of college this a great company. Good culture, fun work environment, CRM exposure, sales cycle experience, telephone and email training. Alot of people have worked there for a long time- a clear indicator that they are happy. For me, coming in at a higher level I was confined to the talent around me.

Cons

Seemed to be a disconnect between regional offices and owners. I heard someone who had left before I got there, was the man for the job.
    If you don't buy into the cool-aid this company isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Nice job getting rid of poor leaders, keep up the good work taking care of the long term employees.

9. "A Place to Call Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at OtterBase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexibility in your day, your strategy and career progression depending on what's important to you.
    - Teammates that actually care about your success. You won't find a cut throat staffing environment here.
    - Executive team that is open to new ideas, suggestions and change when needed.

Cons

- Staffing, in general, is always going to have a rollercoaster element no matter what company you are working with.

Advice to Management

- Continue to listen to the employees about changes they would like to see and ideas that they are brining to the table.

10. "Tech Support Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - Tech Support in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at OtterBase (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Management and leadership team

Cons

Training could be a little longer

Advice to Management

Organizational Fit