PFSweb Reviews | Glassdoor

PFSweb CEO Michael Willoughby
Michael Willoughby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It can be hard to juggle a work life balance during these months (in 8 reviews)

• Some management, call center environment (in 7 reviews)

"Digital Agency"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my years at the LiveArea Agency at PFSweb I've been given
    -autonomy
    -respect
    -face-to-face communication with leadership
    -A generous amount of responsibility

Cons

As with any company, there are growing pains, but I feel confident in the tireless efforts of upper management to usher these expansions into a bright future.

Apr 24, 2017 – Director of Global Talent

Thank you for your comments, and most importantly your contribution to LiveArea, The PFS Agency! I'm glad you are part of the team and are enjoying your work and the environment at PFS. We put a lot... More

"Call Agent"

Current Employee - Call/Email Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Call/Email Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good for the work giving

Cons

Company was not professional at all.

3. "There are better employers in the same building"

Former Employee - Customer Support Professional in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Support Professional in Dallas, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Dallas office is centrally located. There is plenty of overtime during holiday season. Being at that location allows you opportunities to network with other professionals in the building.

Cons

Low pay. You have to pay for parking. All other employers in the building provide their employees with a parking garage discount except this company. Management can be unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Lead by example. Advocate for your team.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PFS has provided opportunities to challenge and grow in my career. Working within the Agency, LiveArea, I have had the opportunity to work with great clients and an awesome team. Executive leadership always has an open door policy and allows you to really own your career path.

Cons

The company continues to grow very quickly.

Apr 24, 2017 – Director of Global Talent

Sincere thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear you like many of the important aspects of our company. Our culture, how we reward and compensate our folks, and how you perceive our leadership is... More

"The Worst Place To Work For"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Allen, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here. This is a company in shambles because of horrible management and treatment of employees. Heed my warning and avoid this place.

Cons

This place is a joke. The managers here make sure that everyone on their team including them LIES to and keeps valuable information from the clients about what is REALLY going on all of the time. How can you live with yourself? Managers are inexperienced and they blame everything on their teams because there is no training from day 1 and a lot of disrespect involved. You will not get paid what you are worth here and be expected to work all of the time. If you don't hang out with your team or your coworkers outside of work whenever they want you to then you will be exiled from the group. You will be pressured to drink and smoke whenever your boss says so. Tell me how much you value your self-respect if you take a job here, I would say that you have none. They want people working here with no experience to see their processes and not be able to identify how twisted their system really is....and believe me there is a lot wrong here. A lot of people who work here went to ACU and they will "glorify" you if you did as well, have fun here before the company's tanks and you have to join the real world. Unorganized environment, harassment that HR overlooks, high expectations for company processes and implementation when there is no backing to carry it out, no communication, really hanging by a thread, anywhere else is better than this company.

6. "Call Center Review"

I worked at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laxed environment
    Shifts bids to accommodate your lifestyle
    very customer service oriented
    team focused
    centrally located, easily accessible via rapid transit system
    great benefits and affordable health plans

Cons

very low pay
    parking is horrible and can run upwards of $13 per day during the week
    while the company is customer centric which is a plus they lack empathy for service representatives that are on the front line with customer so I'd encourage you to have thick skin as well as de-escalation experience

Apr 24, 2017 – Director of Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. A lot of work goes into our culture and treating our employees and clients right. I'm glad you had a good experience during your time with us, and... More

7. "A great company to get started with."

Current Employee - Program Management Analyst in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Program Management Analyst in Allen, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experience with every level of Ecommerce. Good people who care about your professional development. Decent benefits. Fun environment. This is a great place to get exposure and experience to build your resume.

Cons

Pay is on the low end and it is slow going and hard work to advance. The industry is growing so fast that the company is constantly struggling to keep up and keep growing. A company saying is "Always On" and if you make it very high up that becomes true. It is hard to move up and maintain a healthy work life balance.

Advice to Management

If entry level employees were paid more and advanced more quickly, it would keep the company from having to hire from outside the company and fire six months later. The clients are so unique that I think it would always be better to hire from within.

Apr 24, 2017 – Director of Global Talent

Thank you for the review and honest feedback. We appreciate the advice, as we are always looking at ways to improve our employee experience. At PFS, we encourage every employee at every level within... More

8. "Forklift"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for..great benefits

Cons

Didnt have any cons on this job

Apr 24, 2017 – Director of Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with PFS. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Best of luck with your future endeavors!

9. "High Turnover"

I worked at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress, location, and pretty laid back

Cons

Trainers and management team are often not on the same page as far as procedures being carried out.

"Great Potential, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong client companies, time off, hiring new people in staff and management. Majority are f managers and HR staff have been at company less than six months. Chance for new and smarter leaders to move the company through the next level.

Cons

Poor management. Some GM's are in the acting GM role and are not qualified and have not been developed to lead a team of managers and a facility. High turnover in management and hourly employees due to poor planning and decision making. You can believe the Glassdoor reviews, they are true.

Advice to Management

Senior VP needs to clean house and move the company into the 21st century.