PFSweb Reviews | Glassdoor

PFSweb CEO Michael Willoughby
Michael Willoughby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company"

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are great, flexible schedule

Cons

can be stressful and minimal training

2. "Not worth it"

I have been working at PFSweb full-time

Pros

Co workers were great and few account managers as well. Easy to switch accounts.

Cons

Low pay for amount of work regardless of experience. Favoritism of employees by management.

Advice to Management

Be fair. Share knowledge. Give pay increase.

3. "The Wolves Have Left The Building"

I have been working at PFSweb full-time

Pros

Not a lot of micromanagement, depending on the team/leader.

Good pay in general - great pay for college grads and a good learning platform for them to stay or move on to another employer.

Proven in the fulfillment industry, but needs some tweaking here and there.

Solid digital/commerce people have been added over the last 3-4 yrs, and continue to come in the door.

Weak leaders in/over the commerce teams, HR (some former HR were good) have left or been pushed out.
    Good overall culture and day to day work atmosphere.

Cons

Still some cleanup to do after weak leadership left their roles.

Former (some current), poor leaders which have been at PFS for 10 yrs or more keep bad mouthing what is now a positive trajectory and newer leadership capability.
    Some under and over process(es) remain.

Advice to Management

Advice to management and to "The Wolf Remains" posting:

Having 10 execs depart in the last 18 months has not been a bad move for the company. Most of these execs do not truly understand the digital or ecommerce world and need/needed to go. Some were from acquisition and weren’t a fit. When you have one executive ask what Jira is, and that person supposedly knows about all the project management and tracking tools? That was the first of many bad signs with this example. Too many other examples to list with the other 9 executives that have departed (in truth, not enough room in this space). Although most are probably good people, they don't know the digital world and couldn't lead well. An executive that responds to a client with, “my team, the team is so great, they do such great work” sounds like a fresh Account Manager - at best.

Some of these departed leaders caused a toxic and very click-like culture as well. I've also never seen so many "wannabe" digital expert leaders hire under par digital talent in my career. Hiring 5 people that do not know a domain because they are cheaper than 2 or 3 does not make you a good leader. The, “let’s train them up” does not always apply. Thankfully these trends have stopped, and the toxins have left the building.

Embrace change, embrace what you do not know and evolve or learn what you do not know. There isn't any reason for anyone or any leader to stop learning a tool or a domain of which they do not know very well. Comparing employees to a biblical reference of sheep is a mistake. You should realize we are all leaders in our area of expertise or our craft. One that surrounds themselves with experts in their field is not a wolf. That’s usually called a wise person that made sound and rational decisions. That is also a direct response to the lack of digital talent we had. It also tells you that this person(s) understands they are not the expert in all areas and wants to grow a company. Would you want to have subpar employees or expertise around you as a leader? I think not. I would hate to go into battle with poor leaders, but to each their own.

4. "Sub-Par everything"

Former Employee - Steady State Analyst in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Steady State Analyst in Allen, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to where I live thats it

Cons

-No real training
    -Thrown straight into work without real guidance
    -Left to fend for yourself

Advice to Management

none

5. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at PFSweb part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros at all. Cant leave this blank.

Cons

Benefits are horrible. Cant trust HR. Do not accept a position with this tactless, untrustworthy company. You would be happier cleaning up horse manure than to work at PFS.

"Awful. Would give it zero stars if I could."

Former Employee - Senior Site Merchandiser in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Site Merchandiser in Allen, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great exposure to a variety of national accounts and fast laptops....that’s literally it. I would never recommend someone to join this company especially the Site Merchandising area.

Cons

Very clique-y. Management on the Site Merchant side is a joke. Upper Level is only in that position for how long they’ve sat in a chair. Senior Manager never spoke to the team and we had zero meetings ever with your team so there was no way to really get to know the people around you. Direct Manager only micro-manages and treats you like you’re still in high school. Very catty. Some days you come in and nobody speaks so you sit in silence at work all day and it’s so awkward.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that have managerial experience and agency competencies

"Not a good place to work--Look at turnover rate"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people work there

Cons

Even though some good people work there most people seem to be proud of themselves and do not care about anyone else. Fast paced that people do not want to give the time and respect. Some people on acquisitions are so stuck on themselves that they are not liked and pretty sarcastic and rude.

Advice to Management

Downsize...rightsize...although that is being done anyway because of everyone bailing out of the company. How long are you going to be left in the company before you will all be looking for a new job? The word is out that the company is having some issues.

"The Wolf Remains"

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No micro management here. People let you do what you want.

Cons

Culture is toxic and hypocrisy is rampant

Advice to Management

There is something bad in this place.

A shepherd leads the flock, but a wolf dwells here. With nearly 10 executives having departed within 18 months, isn’t it obvious something is wrong? The answer is obvious. There is something very wrong here. And we hear with each departure that we have finally rid ourselves of the toxin. Yet the wolf remains, surrounded by his followers. And what of the rest of the flock? It would be bad if the shepherd were merely ignorant. But the shepherd is not ignorant. He is merely afraid to address the conflict. And for this flaw, many good sheep are lost. Some leaders do terrible things. But leaders that allow terrible things to happen under their leadership are equally terrible. And a shepherd that allows the wolf to reside within the flock while looking the other way is no shepherd.

"Ineptitude Abounds"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the team, you can meet some nice people.

Cons

HR is a nightmare, there were at least four different reps in the time (3 years counting time as a temp) I worked there.
    Management doesn't listen to suggestions. The "Voice of the Agent" is a glorified pat on the head to make the reps feel like they care.
    Pay is not competitive.
    There is no work-life balance at all.

Advice to Management

Listen to your agents. Work on competitive pay. Stop thinking that miniscule gift cards and cheap nachos cover up for the glaring inadequacies in the call center.

10. "Operations supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southhaven, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southhaven, MS

I worked at PFSweb full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People were great. Very professional

Cons

Pay. Wages too low

Advice to Management

Adjust pay scale