PKWARE Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
V. Miller Newton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at PKWARE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, product, culture and location! I'm proud to work here.

Cons

There aren't any I can think of.

2. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at PKWARE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are professional, excellent product and a trusting culture. I highly recommend working at PKWARE.

Cons

No cons working here, happy to be here!

"Good place to work"

I have been working at PKWARE full-time

Pros

Great technology. Good people.

Cons

Brand recognition needs to get better.

Advice to Management

Keep developing a great product.

"Growing company"

I have been working at PKWARE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company, lots of users, high impact work, love my coworkers.

Cons

Not an easy job, Requirements are not clearly defined.

5. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at PKWARE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and people

Cons

Poor execution with management all based in Milwaukee no direction.

Advice to Management

Develop the product so its ready for market.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at PKWARE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office environment with a bright, hard working, though under appreciated staff. Located in downtown Milwaukee, offers the team a great opportunity to bond and share war stories after hours.

Cons

Way to much politics in the executive suite, starting with a CEO. Product, though solid, is long in the tooth and they have not come out with anything new in years to support revenue growth.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the hard work your team(s) put in everyday. Develop a product strategy and execution plan that drives revenue growth or consider selling the company.

"You take the bad with the good"

I worked at PKWARE full-time

Pros

Great client companies (F100 to F2000). Product is well known and the client base is large. Security of data independent of the IT environment is a great concept to sell with lots of client testimonials. Good people in the working units who support sales efforts. Competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Senior management is controlling and not very motivational. Turnover has been high both in management and sales. Not enough investment in core products to keep up with competition. Minimal bottom up opportunity to be heard, which results in poor morale and cynicism amongst the teams.

Advice to Management

Get input from the field (thus from the clients) about how to improve and better integrate the solutions (plug and play). Create a plan to get back on track vs. the competition. Product design is such that this change would be very cost effective and reasonable in terms of time frame. Larger clients have reasons to talk with you, listen to them, especially in IT, security and finance. Try to have some fun along the way!

8. "Overall Good Company Culture and Stable Business, But No Significant Growth in the Near Future"

I have been working at PKWARE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good culture and understanding of a casual but professional environment. Miller has done a great job of creating a relaxed work place where people can feel comfortable to express their opinions and be themselves while still getting their work done. He also recognizes people's hard work and achievements at all levels in the company, which shows that you're an important part of the company regardless of your role in it. Friday Happy Hours are a great perk and make us feel appreciated. What I enjoy most about them is getting to talk to people that I otherwise wouldn't since our jobs don't require a lot of interaction.

Cons

There seems to be a revolving door of new employees. The turnover is very high for such a small company which makes it feel like we're not getting anywhere. It seems like the last few years have been a waiting game for all the stars to align so we can start to grow exponentially. None of the major shake ups (cleaning house of unnecessary positions, new management team, new selling/marketing strategies, new product, etc) seem to have done that yet. Our main products have reached maturity and will likely continue to support our business, but I don't see big growth with the current strategies in the near future.

Advice to Management

Find a good strategy and stick to it. In the same regard, know when something (or someone) is failing and cut your losses sooner. I realize both are easier said than done, but that's what needs to happen to be successful.

"Fired up for the new fiscal year."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at PKWARE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The technology does not break, it is practically bullet-proof. Our customer service team are like the Maytag repairmen. Great brand for the over 45-50 age group - our target market. Just had our annual sales meeting and the prospects couldn't be better. Everyone is I work with is fired up to work the enterprise deals. It's gonna be great year. Great decision to join the team. Perfect place to be.

Cons

I don't know how customers aren't beating our door down to get our technology. I guess things haven't been done very well in the past, but the new management team will have us hitting all cylinders soon.

Advice to Management

Product pipeline looks outstanding. Account management discipline is the way to go. Loved the inspirational discussions this week, hit a home run. As you said, don't look back, we are where we want to be and looking forward to great things.

"They had a great run"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at PKWARE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great technology back in the day.

Cons

Difficulties adjusting to the changing marketplace and convergence of other security solutions.