PUMA Reviews

4.1
PUMA CEO Björn Gulden
Björn Gulden

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and relatively flat hierarchy.(in 66 reviews)
  • "Allotment is a great benefit too.(in 54 reviews)
  • "Great culture and learning(in 41 reviews)
  • "Their team is great!(in 37 reviews)
  • "Great colleagues and products.(in 34 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low salary for employees and works(in 29 reviews)
  • "They kept saying how wonderful it was to work their but it really wasn’t that good the workers are childish too and the Managers are inexperienced being bossy instead of leading my advice is if you want to work under pressure and be stressed out while doing so look the other way!!!! Btw the manager himself told me how he fired his best worker because she was to good and wouldn’t help others I feel his excuse for firing her was extremely cliche like seriously!(in 20 reviews)
  • "upper management is difficult to deal with.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Second, too much favoritism.(in 8 reviews)
  • "lack of leadership or following processes in place(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PUMA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great team, family experience

Mar 8, 2022 - Sales Associate in Commerce, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and great team work environment

Cons

Customer could be a little difficult with so many tourist

People and Organization

Thank you for your positive feedback about your position at PUMA. It’s awesome to hear that our efforts to create a great PUMA working culture are appreciated. We wish you all the best for your future career at PUMA!

2. 4.0

Experience at Puma

May 2, 2022 - Sale Associate in Milpitas, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at PUMA, much like any other retail stores, allows a person to practice their social skills. When exercising certain methods of communicating with people, the employees are given a chance to step up and be more confident in themselves and their abilities to help the customers.

Cons

As a multi-billion dollar industry, everything in PUMA is sales based. Managers, for the most part, put immense pressure on their employees to meet number goals even when there are no customers coming in. A sales associate can only do so much when it comes to encouraging customers to purchase and yet the managers are unable to understand that. Of course, this practice doesn't just show up in PUMA, but many other retail stores are much better when it comes to employee encouragement and understanding.

People and Organization

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your time at PUMA. Building a workplace where employees feel welcomed and valued is our priority - and this should never be replaced by goals that cannot directly be influenced. Over the years, seeking employee feedback and working on areas that need more attention has helped us foster a positive work environment as it is the best way for us to get better. In case you would like to further discuss these topics, feel free to reach out to your respective P&O partner or careers@puma.com. We wish you all the best for your future career at PUMA!

3. 4.0

Puma

Apr 12, 2022 - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good travel opportunity with company

Cons

Very competitive petty environment sometimes

People and Organization

Thank you for your positive review about your current position. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed travel opportunities. We appreciate your daily work and wish you best of luck for your future career with PUMA.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Nice

Mar 30, 2022 - Sales Associate in Commerce, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible New people Lots of hours

Cons

Favoritism Rude customers Management does not treat everyone the same

People and Organization

Thanks so much for your positive feedback about your position at PUMA. It’s nice to hear that our efforts to create a great PUMA working culture are appreciated. Decisions at PUMA are based on teamwork: To be promoted, you must meet certain criteria. Additionally, all promotions are discussed by P&O and other Managers to make the right decision. We at PUMA have a strong feedback culture – in regular review cycles, our employees have the chance to learn what they are doing well and what they can improve on. In case you want to further discuss this topic, feel free to reach out to careers@puma.com. We wish you all the best for your future career!

5. 5.0

I love my job!

Feb 27, 2022 - Junior Manager Marketing in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at PUMA - I’m such a lucky gal. Flexible work schedule. Brand new HQ in Somerville, MA. Really fun and energetic work environment.

Cons

I’d love to have a higher base salary but who wouldn’t want to make more money.

People and Organization

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a positive feedback about your position at PUMA North America. It’s great to hear that our efforts to create a great PUMA working culture are appreciated and that you enjoy the benefits and perks of working here. All the best for your future career at PUMA!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Potential to be a rewarding/fun, but they're too concerned with cutting costs

Feb 1, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Westford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allotted clothes, and shoes - which are nice quality and stylish. Sports-influence on work environment is positive. Competitive pay. Like minded people to work with.

Cons

They are constantly cutting work hours. Causing the store manager, assistant managers, and supervisors to do the work of part timers. This creates no continuity in driving opportunity for the store's business. This also prevents staff development to hardly exist on all levels of employees. The retail/outlet division of Puma is very short sided in its planning, choosing to focus on results on a day to day, or weekly basis. This adds undue pressure on management and staff each workday. Because of the reasons above this position is not part of a "fun" work environment, despite "fun and competitive" are selling points by those conducting interviews or recruiting for management positions.

1 person found this review helpful

PUMA Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed some of the benefits that come with working at PUMA. As we work to drive our sales and brand heat, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our overall business. We strive to be the best place to work and that includes expanding career development opportunities for our field employees. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

One of the best retail positions

Feb 1, 2022 - Assistant Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back, no micro management, no "goals"/KPI's to meet

Cons

the T-shirt table literally gets destroyed every single day

People and Organization

Thank you for your short feedback on your job at PUMA. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working here. All the best for your future career at PUMA!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Great

Dec 23, 2021 - Sales Associate in Dawsonville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, received paychecks weekly, good management and environment, and flexible hours

Cons

Expectations are high, not much time on breaks.

2 people found this review helpful

People and Organization

Many thanks for your positive review on your former job. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed being a part of our PUMA family. We wish you all the best for your future career.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun team

Jan 11, 2022 - Sales Associate in Neptune, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job sucked but the staff made up for it.

Cons

Really busy summers and winters

People and Organization

Thanks for sharing your experience on your former job at PUMA. It’s nice to hear that our efforts to create a great PUMA working culture are appreciated. The holidays can be the busiest time for PUMA Retail, and especially then we need every PUMA Family member's support to achieve our goals. We continuously strive to improve our processes and procedures and will evaluate as we plan for the new year. Thanks again for your honest and open feedback, it's an integral part for us to get better. All the best for your future career!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Dec 12, 2021 - Athlete in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great people.

Cons

They’re pretty great. No issues

People and Organization

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time while working at PUMA. All the best for your future career!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 648 Reviews
</>Embed

PUMA Reviews FAQs

PUMA has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,471 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at PUMA to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PUMA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PUMA. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

86% of PUMA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PUMA 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with PUMA Job Seekers