Perficient Reviews | Glassdoor

Perficient Chairman, President and CEO Jeffrey Davis
Jeffrey Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes business units clash working together" (in 34 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be better" (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Perficient is a Great Place to work and is absolutely a place to build your Career"

Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perficient is a Digital Transformation / IT Management Consulting firm with global footprint and 3,000+ employees that allow for scale, providing professional services for the world’s leading platforms: MSFT, IBM, Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, Pivotal, Amazon, Google, etc. There are some many amazing services and solutions we can provide for our clients that ultimately result in great opportunities for both our sales teams and our consultants to build their careers. Perficient places high expectations on our core value of high integrity and honesty, but also emphasizes having fun by at our many culture and giving back events across all our office around the globe.

Cons

I really enjoy all aspects of the job and love our team so its hard to come up with cons.

Advice to Management

My advice to our board is to continue investments into new markets and technologies. The great acquisitions we make every year continue to diversify our portfolio and expand our footprint ultimately providing further value for our clients and growth areas for our consultants.

Perficient Response

Aug 8, 2018 – Senior Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. We are glad you love working at Perficient. We are proud of providing world-class solutions to our clients, exciting and rewarding careers for our colleagues, and delivering... More

2. "Technical Consultant"

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and great place to learn

Cons

bonus plan is bad and can be improved

3. "Sr. Technical Architect"

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Great company to work.
    Leadership inspires my work
    My comments and feedback was always appreciated
    good PTO and compensation
    Performance recognition

Cons

Cant list anything as such

4. "Perficient as a place to work"

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Number one is the quality of people you work with. I've been in IT for many years and this is, by far, the most talented, committed group of individuals I've worked with. We provide services for industry leading clients and incorporate some of the latest IT solutions in our projects. Individuals have a chance to work on practically any category of IT solution given the breadth of Perficient's service offerings.

Cons

No real cons - work is fast paced and a lot of demanded of consultants but that is typical of all, in my opinion, consulting firms. People that want to work for a leading IT services firm should easily accept those challenges.

5. "Business Coordinator"

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have a great paid vacation plan

Cons

The average pay was not competitive

6. "Meh"

I worked at Perficient full-time

Pros

Good benefits and OK salaries

Cons

Focused on partners (Microsoft / IBM) and no focus on employees. Its all driven by numbers.

Advice to Management

Focus on building a culture that values employees.

"A true meritocracy and strong attention to work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Almost endless career development / progression opportunities. There are never any barriers to progression or even completely changing your career track - if the marketplace / business is there - the opportunity for anyone is there.

There are few / if any politics involved. Personalities will always exist and are an exciting part of any company - but career progression and personal success is based on merit.

There has been consistent attention to culture and employee environment development through regular employee feedback surveys. I've seen first hand that the survey results are carefully categorized and improvement initiatives kicked off and tracked.

Cons

Consulting is not for everyone. It can be more challenging, faster moving and stressful than a corporate IT job. Still - you'll learn a lot more and progress a lot faster in a consulting oriented job.

Perficient often does acquisitions and this can create some 'melding' time. Sometimes this can be challenging when you have an entire company of highly entrepreneurial, type A personalities. But teams work through this consistently well and it keeps the company culture from stagnating as it grows.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee Friendly Policies, Great Place to Work, Great Pay Masters, Great tools that enable high degree of productivity, Highly Qualified Group of Individuals (No exceptions at any level horizontally or vertically), Management is very approachable, knowledgeable and involved

Cons

Lacking in anything outside of work-related activities, or relationship building exercises among peers, Not too many opportunities/tools available to enroll in Formal training to upgrade skills (unless it's demanded by industry/project)

Advice to Management

Make it easier for people to move from 1 part of the organization to another.

"Cog in a wheel"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are young-ish (22-32), and you enjoy solving technical problems, you might enjoy working at Perficient. There is the potential for traveling to new places, seeing new things, and meeting new people. I can be exciting... which is no different than any other consulting firm. After many years at Perficient, I can say that they offer nothing any other consulting firm would offer; and probably not much less either. So, on the "Pros" side, it's average. They're an average company with average views, and pretty much average everything.

Cons

Zero career path. There exists no real future at Perficient. Executive leadership is concerned solely about top-line revenue, what the stock price is doing, and that is all. Despite the rhetoric and propaganda, leadership has zero interest in your career path and what YOU want to do with your professional life. They are solely interested in what you can do for them and they will manipulate you into thinking there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. There isn't.

Half of your 401K is tied directly to the Perficient stock and you have no say in that. Take it or leave it. Hint: leave it.

Zero organic growth. Perficient only grows by acquisition of other companies. It has horrible attrition and their hiring can barely keep up. Therefore, in order to attempt to stay competitive and give the illusion to the shareholders that Perficient is moving in the right direction, they purchase companies. That forces others to leave as well because they see a new flood of executives higher come into the company which means your career path is now even tougher.

The top-line revenue and the stock price hasn't changed in six years. The company is going nowhere.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees' interests and career paths. I know you won't so I'm actually wasting my time by writing this suggestion. You're never going to be in the Big-8 with your current mindset and non-organic growth model.

Perficient Response

Sep 7, 2018 – Senior Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Perficient is consistently recognized as a great place to work, and we recognize that our most valuable resources are our people. As the company continues to grow... More

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with MSFT NBU. Even though we work remotely, the team is always reachable and helpful. I have the best managers who listens to your concerns and ideas. They treat you with respect and also assist me in climbing up the career ladder.

Cons

Since remote employees do miss office culture, the management should setup more social events to improve interpersonal relationships.