Perficient Reviews | Glassdoor

Perficient Chairman, President and CEO Jeffrey Davis
Jeffrey Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Working with other business units can be a challenge" (in 38 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be better" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Job I've Had"

Current Employee - Content Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Content Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Perficient full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Balance and communication. The balance between professional and personal is executed perfectly here. We are able to be ourselves and contribute our own ideas and have fun, but the environment is always professional and appropriate. Also, the communication from top to bottom is incredibly strong. We hear from our CEO and other executives frequently and are well-informed about nearly every business decision, but again, going back to balance, we do not have supervisors over our shoulders at all times. There is a perfect balance between informing and including colleagues in projects, etc. here and allowing for us to have autonomy and ownership of our work.
    The pay is quite competitive and the benefits are good.

Cons

I honestly don't have any. I'd be digging for things that maybe other companies have that we don't, but I don't find myself wanting for much here. For example, I have worked for companies in the past where there was unlimited PTO and benefit premiums were paid for. But those were considered extraordinary benefits. The benefits here are perfectly fine and fair.

Advice to Management

Diversity could certainly become a stronger focus. Work from home options would be appreciated.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an Underdog eagerly learning the leadership and mentoring at Perficient is phenomenal and helps you to grow. Mentoring is alway's available, Perficient employees act as a team, and there is tons of documentation to learn. I don't need to stress about my next project and bench time is utilized to study. Additionally I get to work from home, with some travel. Employees are also provided with amazing Medical Insurance and decent 401k plan.

Cons

Not really con's - Always have to be client facing, some travel, Bonus could be better, More confirmation of job security as if a recession hits e-commerce will be drastically affected

3. "Great company with ample opportunities"

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career opportunities, Bonus potential/compensation, Flexibility in working from home, Supportive management, Opportunity to work on emerging/latest technologies

Cons

Company is too much focussed on billable hours. Work related travel can get stressful. PTO/Time off benefits are use it or loose it (80 hrs max capped). Not too much collaboration/interaction with other groups within Perficient. If you are part of a National Business unit it can feel lonely sometimes and your interaction with your team is minimal.

4. "Worked when it was still Stone Temple"

Former Employee - Accountant
    Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, family environment, open door policy, laid-back

Cons

I cant think of any ....

5. "This is a get in and get out job!"

Former Employee - Associate Technical Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Technical Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are good people who also work here. If you can convince them, they will reimburse you for certificates. They regularly have SCRUM cert classes with exam on site. Most people work here long enough to get some experience and a certificate or two before moving on. Get in then get out! Don't forget to network with clients while here.

Cons

Only the client matters. They seem too shady in their business practices. Get the work first then they try to figure out how they will accomplish it. Always short-staffed. Many projects just pretend to make progress. If you have no issue bullying people to get them to do your work for you...then you will like it here.
    I dislike having to dress up for work when no one sees you because everything you do is remote anyway.
    PTO is accrued for full time by getting 5 hours every 2 weeks.. but you have to ask off for either 4 or 8 hours increments. They also withhold half of your bonus to try and get you to stick around for another 6 months to get the rest of it. So you always leave money at the table no matter how long you are there.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. If I knew how to fix Perficient, I would have my own business. This is only my opinion and my own experience. This is not meant to scare people away from Perficient...just to make sure you aren't going in blind. Every company has its pros and cons. This place just wasn't for me.

6. "Decent Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Perficient full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to work with new technologies and broaden your skill-set

Cons

Not so great work life balance

7. "Good People"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Perficient full-time

Pros

The people and teams are first rate in terms of smartness, execution, friendliness

Cons

Limited career path opportunity although I understand that is being worked on

8. "Perficient"

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Good PTO, can work from home, good benefits

Cons

Poor management and training of employees if you aren't in development

9. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people that really know what they are doing. Some of the brightest people i’ve wver worked with, and a focus on solving customer problems and providing the right solution for a given situation or need.

Cons

The company has seen significant growth over the past few years and some operational growing pains pop up at times

Advice to Management

Keep driving focus in customer success.

"Systems Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Perficient full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will ship you anywhere. Great benefits

Cons

Scoundrels, They hire you, don't use you at the client, then let you go with 3 weeks of severance. Ego's. Your manager is not your friend.

Advice to Management

Coordinate your resources and attempt to look for new employment for your contractors if you no longer need them at your client.