Perficient Reviews | Glassdoor

Perficient Chairman, President and CEO Jeffrey Davis
Jeffrey Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Working with other business units can be a challenge" (in 35 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be better" (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Perficient is a Great Place to work and is absolutely a place to build your Career"

Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perficient is a Digital Transformation / IT Management Consulting firm with global footprint and 3,000+ employees that allow for scale, providing professional services for the world’s leading platforms: MSFT, IBM, Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, Pivotal, Amazon, Google, etc. There are some many amazing services and solutions we can provide for our clients that ultimately result in great opportunities for both our sales teams and our consultants to build their careers. Perficient places high expectations on our core value of high integrity and honesty, but also emphasizes having fun by at our many culture and giving back events across all our office around the globe.

Cons

I really enjoy all aspects of the job and love our team so its hard to come up with cons.

Advice to Management

My advice to our board is to continue investments into new markets and technologies. The great acquisitions we make every year continue to diversify our portfolio and expand our footprint ultimately providing further value for our clients and growth areas for our consultants.

Perficient Response

Aug 8, 2018 – Senior Marketing Manager

Thanks for your review. We are glad you love working at Perficient. We are proud of providing world-class solutions to our clients, exciting and rewarding careers for our colleagues, and delivering... More

2. "The Best!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exceptional culture of inclusion, integrity, respect for the individual and high professional standards. Very smart people who have their head on straight and want to serve our clients. Senior leadership is exceptional and highly supportive of the organization., accessible and down to earth. The markets we serve are hot and Perficient has a great reputation within our client community. Company is growing and lots of room for personal and career growth.

Cons

We are not as well known as some of our competition but that is changing. Our clients are our best supporters and the word is getting out that we do exceptional work.

Advice to Management

Keep the great culture and grow!!

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Great Co-workers, multiple opportunities and positive attitude approach by senior management

Cons

Need better emphasis on path for Professional Development

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Business Consultant

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun and interesting work. Dynamic environment with opportunity to try different things.

Cons

Workloads can be cyclical based upon client demands.

Advice to Management

Dancing between the elephants toes can be tough, but I loved the higher profit margin business of management consulting - and the work is typically more interesting. If you're going to play in both that space and the staff augmentation space, promote your high performers and put them in more autonomous roles in the MC area - they'll love you for it and will help your bottom line by staying busy (i.e. billable) all of the time.

"Perficient a little fish is a BIG POND"

Former Employee - Team Leader in National, MD
    Former Employee - Team Leader in National, MD

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to work without constant oversight.
    Good peer relationships and sense of teamwork but much of it is just for sense of survival because leaders don't always communicate clear objectives.

Cons

Perficient is a bait and switch opportunity. Despite being in business two decades they are nowhere on the level of real competitors in the tech consultancy arena. I spent several years both in India and in the U.S working with top-tier players. Perficient had approached me twice in recent years before finally presenting a strong window of opportunity that aligned with my own goals. Or so I thought when accepting a final offer. At the end of the day Perficient thinks of itself as a leader and as a solutions provider but it's real inner machinery is a roughly run staffing augmentation operation. Poor planning is common and even when discussion is raised about possible obstacles or impedances the show must go on despite the facts. Management constantly underbids to land projects usually those that other firms were too smart to pick up or often the collateral damage left behind by poor prior engagements. This resulted in stepping into roles and projects that were either over-budget, under-staffed or way over deadlines from our initial involvement. Morale was at times insufferable due to lack of clear direction or any thought toward strategy. Another thing ..the recruiters like to paint the technical roles as remote. Nothing is further from the truth. If you are not just about willing to live from a suitcase you won't make it here even though other companies do the same AND better work with sometimes fully remote teams. For some reason Perficient hasn't figured this out either so be prepared.

Advice to Management

Be honest about what is expected and what is offered. Don't sell something to new employees that is not the reality, Also if you want to be considered a mover and shaker go study the leaders in the industry and model there approach.

6. "The Microsoft Business Unit is the best place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Management cares about you and your career
    - Challenging work
    - Co-workers are smart, work hard and are always willing to help
    - Opportunities for growth and improving skills
    - Company continues to grow

Cons

- Operational processes and systems
    - Working with other business units can be a challenge

Advice to Management

To move to the next level, we need to define efficient and effective ways to work on projects across multiple Business Units.

7. "Perficient starting your career"

Current Employee - Associate Business Consultant in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Business Consultant in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New challenges, great people, casual dress, interesting projects, cool opportunities for travel, in-office perks

Cons

Consulting is always changing- every project is going to be different, and some projects are better than others.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the great people- that's what makes the Dunwoody office stand out

8. "High School Esque Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In a cool neighborhood of Milwaukee, close to food.

Cons

Working at Perficient was like going to high school all over again. If you didn't fit in with the "cool" people or had the same views (political, etc) you were shunned. You were pushed in a corner and treated poorly. Throughout the day you could hear your boss typing to one of your subordinates to talk crap about you. It was awful.

Advice to Management

Not much to give because management is part of the problem.

9. "Good experience but glad it’s over"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Perficient full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People were great to work with

Cons

All about the bottom line.

10. "Sr. Technical Architect"

I have been working at Perficient full-time

Pros

Great company to work.
    Leadership inspires my work
    My comments and feedback was always appreciated
    good PTO and compensation
    Performance recognition

Cons

Cant list anything as such