Perficient Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perficient (Detroit, MI).

Interview

There were two interview. The HR contacted me through a referral. The first round was 30 minutes interview with a technical team. The second round was a hands on coding exercise. It was easy and need to go through basics and have concepts of TDD.

Filenet Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perficient (New York, NY).

Interview

Incredibly unprofessional and disorganized.

My initial contact frequently didn't respond to emails or send me materials she previously promised me.

I had a first round screening interview, followed by a simple class structure coding challenge. After the coding challenge I was told I would be contacted shortly, but never was.

The person I interviewed with was professional, but the recruiter was anything but.

Interview Questions

• Program a basic class structure via pair programming. Structure needs to compile and complete simple tasks   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perficient (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely chaotic and unprofessional throughout. I was reached out by a staffing agency and confirmed my phone interview in an hour. I had to take a 9 PM interview as the interviewer was not available in other times. Next, I was called in for an in-person interview at their Boston office in 2 days time. When I reached there, the office was a bit in shambles, the door wood was looking old, there was no reception desk, the offices behind were empty. There was another staffing agent bringing its own candidates and had them lined up for interviews. I waited for about 20 minutes before reaching out to the HR person sitting in NYC. Apparently, she reached out to the interviewers on phone and text messages but no one came in to enquire although they were quick in picking up the other candidates from the staffing agency (MODIS). After waiting for almost an hour I reached out to the interviewer introduced myself and told him my schedule was from 10-10.30 AM and it was about 11.15 AM, he seemed non challant and unapologetic on the whole thing. In fact he looks at the staffing agent from MODIS and says : "Should I scare him away?" I had a choice to continue or leave but I chose to continue for the interview. The first interview lasted for about 12 minutes and then I met the practitioner who was equally abrasive and I could see him looking at his laptop twice, the third time I stopped talking as I was not sure if he was interested. He then claimed that he was running short in time and then let me know that I have the experience and he will get back after consulting with the other interviewer. The second interview process lasted 13 minutes. I heard back from the HR in the evening that I will not be getting an offer, on pressing for feedback she says there is no feedback provided.
    I came out of the interview feeling humiliated and disgusted, I wish I had known the unprofessional attitude of Perficient managers before hand. Trust this review will help future interviewees.

Message - Stay away from this company, they seem to have deeper issues, it reflects a ton if an interviewee is not treated well in an interview.

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perficient in April 2017.

Interview

I saw the opportunity on Indeed and applied via the company's website.

I got a call from the recruiter (Gale) the following day. Wasn't very impressed with the recruiter.
    (e.g: she kept asking me to call her v/s just calling at the prescribed time ... Power Play perhaps?)

Had 5 rounds of phone interviews:
    [ Each interview was between 40 - 50 mins in duration ]

* 1 round with a Technical Architect. (Phone Interview)
    * 1 round with a Solutions Architect. (Phone Interview)
    * 1 round with a E-Commerce Director + Solutions Architect. (Phone Interview)
    * 1 round with E-Commerce Director + Solutions Architect + Senior Solutions Architect. (Skype Video Interview)
    * 1 round with Director of Delivery & Operations. (Phone Interview)

At the end of all this lengthy interview process, I got a canned email from the recruiter that said the following:

"Wanted to let you know that at this point the team will not be able to support your salary demands.
    Thank you so much for all of your time and efforts."

What was particularly frustrating about this is that at multiple points, during the interview process, I'd specifically requested clarification w.r.t my salary requirements - and time-after-time the recruiter led me to believe that it wouldn't be a problem!

That being said - I thoroughly enjoyed my discussions with everyone I interviewed with - they were all talented and fun individuals!!

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about your background, where you've been, why you've made the career decisions you've made, and where you want to go from here?
      - Why Perficient?
      - Why do you want to do a Contract-To-Hire v/s coming on as a Direct-Hire?
      - Give us an example of how you handled "Situation X" ?
      - Give us an idea on how you would address "Requirement Y" within the Magento system.
      - What is your U.S.P?
      - How would you gather requirements from a client?
      - How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Perficient (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I had 1 phone call with Perficient's Talent Recruiter after I was contacted by a third party through LinkedIn. I was first informed that this role was put on a hiring freeze but two weeks later was contacted by email to set up a phone interview. That call lasted 45 minutes and we set up a follow up call for the next day. When the I did not hear from him at set time I emailed and was asked if we could push call back one day. I agreed and then never heard from him again. I sent multiple emails and left multiple voice messages. I am some what new to the job search after many years, but I feel this is inexcusable behavior and leaves a bad taste for the entire company. If you schedule a call or meeting and then decide to cancel, have the courtesy to explain this decision.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Perficient (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager then another phone screen with Sr. UX Lead. It was a good conversation with both involved. UX lead asked questions that were both personality oriented and skill based.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perficient.

Interview

It was a long interview. I had four rounds mostly testing basic technical and situation questions. It took whole day. It was a different types of experience. They check personality to know if you fit intotheir team. There is a presentation whoch tell you all about the company. They answer to all the questions you have.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Perficient (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was long and after 3 onsite interviews Perficient went cold on me and I never got a Yes, No or any communication from them. If I took off work and interviewed onsite with you 3 times then you should have the respect to tell me No you are not a fit for what we are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Average questions about my experience and what I want to be when I grow up.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Perficient (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my university job portal. I was then contacted a few days later by two people in the hiring staff from the same office looking to set up an interview. After setting up two interviews, I had notified them about the two interviews and one was canceled. Very disorganized. After the first interview, in which the interviewer seemed to not know anything about the company or basic benefits, I was asked to explain previous relevant work related to this position. After explaining a few projects, it was obvious the woman interviewing me most likely couldn't tell me what an excel spreadsheet was let alone open one. I was then passed on for a second interview with another member of the human resources staff that had originally scheduled an interview with me.
    Due to much disorganization with the company, I was asked to interview multiple times without a location or time being given. It seemed as if the company just wanted me to show up at one of the team lunches and see what happened. After multiple cancellations by the interviewing staff, I had a phone interview with someone from the company. Very easy basic questions like why did you choose this company. I was then told I have a phone interview the next day with a current consulting manager. I was not given the option to go into the office or meet anyone in person. The interview with the manager was very short. He told me he didn't read my resume and asked me to give him a quick overview of myself so when he goes back to look at my resume he can have a story to fill it all in together. After a brief conversation with the manager and selling my resume for about 10 minutes, I was cut off and the manager told me he had to go take another phone call. Since then I have reached out to the company, hiring managers, and upper level management without any feedback or response. Safe to say I most likely did not get the job, but why would I want to take a position with such a disorganized company.

Interview Questions

• I didn't read your resume and I'm sure you're very smart. Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Perficient (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on a Tuesday and talked with her for about 30 minutes. She then wanted me to come in for an in person interview. I met with 4 sets of people for about 2 hours. Different managers, and co-workers and then at the end of the interview I met with the recruiter again who told me that I would be coming back for a 2nd interview and all of the people I had met with all gave me a thumbs up. I felt the interview went very well and I had a great feeling about it. I did the typical thank you emails to everyone. Three weeks go by and nothing, so I reached out to the recruiter and NO response. I reach out again another week later and still no response. I thought well maybe she is no longer with the company and that is why she isn't responding, especially since she told me that I would be coming back for a second interview. So I reached out to the accounting manager, NO response. COME ON PEOPLE!!! We are all adults here, if I am not the one you want, then just have the courtesy to respond, and don't tell me I am coming back for second interview and not respond to my email inquiry about the job. Since this interview, I have had several more and have landed an awesome job!! I would just be careful of this company, some of the reviews that I have read are true.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer