Performance Development Group Reviews | Glassdoor

David Manning

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Engaged Employee"

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time

Pros

I am so glad that I joined PDG. I really enjoy working here. This is a great company for anyone who wants to be challenged and developed. Our clients demand the best and we deliver. At times the pace is hectic. However, I feel like senior leadership appreciates and rewards us. Recently, we have started a "fun event" monthly. This month we hosted a chili cook-off in the office. It was a blast. Last month, it was a tail gating party that included cookout food and fun games. PDG is making a concentrated effort to engage their employees and make work a fun place.

Cons

Sometimes I think that PDG is too nice. We provide employees too many chances and too much time to improve. This is difficult for co-workers who pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job. I have seen many improvements this year and think that 2018 will be one of our best. I think you have a very strategic approach to grow this company - shout out to Lorne Hamilton, VP Sales! I also feel like they genuinely care about our employees. Keith Forshew is very visible to PDG employees and pushing for improvement across the organization. Kudos for hiring so many new talents! Welcome to Dan Henry!!

"Senior Manager, Learning Systems"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- For a smaller company, PDG has done a great job of supplying career opportunities and growth for their hard-working employees. I began as an LMS Administrator and in the past two years have grown into a management and then senior management role.
    - Great work-life balance, they are very flexible and accommodating of your hours when you have a doctors appointment or something that requires you to shift your schedule.
    - Possibility to work remote - this is so nice!
    - Very talented and great team members
    - A continuously growing and developing company!

Cons

It can be challenging to work in a constantly client-facing environment. However, PDG does all it can to ensure that even though you are working at a client location, you still feel connected to PDG and their culture/values.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Company values customer and employee's"

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Headed in the right direction.
    Leadership is investing in growing this business and developing a great culture.
    Very client centric and committed to "getting it right" for the client.
    Owner is involved in the business and understands the challenges.

Cons

Contractor environment can be challenging for the inexperienced

Advice to Management

Stay focused on growth, the customer and the employees

"Horrible Treatment Working Remote"

Current Employee - LMS Administrator in Weston, MA
    Current Employee - LMS Administrator in Weston, MA

Pros

People are great, use skills familiar with. Self-paced.

Cons

Unrealistic metrics, long hours, not paid on time, paid much less than competitors. Young management unskilled in anything except to refer to a "book" SOP. People who manage accounts don't know how to use software and technology themselves.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to staff, being unethical and attracting talent you have no intent to retain! Stop saying teambuilding and career growth, there is none!

"Keith Forshew, the worst President in history of a company"

Pros

This company has good talent and is generally good except for one big thing, Keith Forshew

Cons

President Keith Forshew is a HUGE disaster. He creates politics between groups on purpose. He intentionally screws up projects that are on their way to success. He is quite possibly the worst President in history because he tries to do what he can to destroy the company. Some people have openly wondered if he works for our worst competitor :) Have to grant him one thing, he's exceptionally good at politicking and pleasing the board.

Advice to Management

Fire Forshew, a meme that I used to hear often when I was there

"Always getting better"

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been both a contractor and now employee with PDG for four years and I've watched the company grow and continually improve. As a contractor working for multiple clients, I found myself "holding out" and preferring to work with PDG due to their proven processes and talented team.

Cons

PDG is a small company and therefore employees feel the impact of even small changes to the business. However, because they're small, as an individual you have more opportunity to make an impact than you would at a larger company.

Advice to Management

Stay open to doing things differently and always consider how we can do things better. Continue investing time into training and building on employees' business acumen.

"PDG People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Performance Development Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

PDG attracts and hires the strongest performers and best go-getters, with knowledge and initiative! Our company leaders have stated time and again, that PDG is great because of our rock-star employees who without fail are the best in the business. If you want to work with the some of the nicest, most generous, caring, smart, effective, brilliant people in the training and development industry, consider joining us at PDG!

Cons

With all of our hard work and dedication, we forget to take breaks and really value the fact that great going in, is great coming out and vice versa. We all need to unplug sometimes to recharge our creative energy and boost our work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Continue recognizing our rising stars, PDG has begin to send out Weekly Wins from our President Keith Forshew and we are consistently making strides to build relationships to connect our contract employees to PDG as we do with our W2 employees. Our success is largely due to our ability to build strong relationships with our contractors and employees to provide impeccable service to our clients!

"Making great strides!"

Pros

I believe PDG has passionate, intelligent, energetic, and hardworking professionals who take great pride in delivering exceptional client service to our clients. Our full-time client facing professionals are extremely dedicated and top-notch! Our clients love working with their PDG teams and this creates great opportunities for our employees to be stretched and grow in their roles.

Cons

Similar to all small companies, every bump in the road is hard felt. It takes some getting used to, but I believe leadership is continuously learning and always looking to make improvements to smooth things out.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard to build additional client relationships to create more opportunities for our PDG team.

"Unethical and misleading hiring practices."

Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Instructional Designer in Malvern, PA

I worked at Performance Development Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good talented folks have worked at PDG. There are also some interesting projects in the works. But none of that makes up for the cons.

Cons

Poor regard for human capital. Hires people under false pretenses, huge turnover rates, represents themselves as more stable than they are. While I was there I saw way too many people thrown out like they were yesterday's garbage. Some of the employees I knew were solicited from good stable jobs only to be fired after a few months.

Advice to Management

Stop soliciting people under false pretenses. Stop being greedy. Be good, not evil.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Malvern, PA

Pros

On the first day on the job I met with both the president of the company and the managing partner of the company. Not only did I get to meet them, but I have also had the opportunity to have in depth conversations about my ideas and experiences since I've been working here. I've worked for another industry leading company, and I didn't have the chance to meet anyone past my director.

PDG is dedicated to hiring the best of the best. I have total confidence with everyone I work with. The management at PDG also recognizes hard work. If you go above and beyond, they will reward you with more than just a pat on the back.

They also like to promote within the company. In the six months I've been working for PDG, I've seen more than 5 people get a promotion. It's nice to know that there are options and room for growth in PDG.

Cons

Like any company, there are always room for improvements. My only con about PDG is that it currently is a little behind on using current technologies to improve training. However, management has recently taken steps to make sure that PDG is more innovative in the future.

Advice to Management

PDG has by far the best management I've every worked under. Please keep appreciating your employees and listening to their ideas.