Performance Development Group Reviews

Updated Mar 23, 2019

3.6
Performance Development Group Managing Partner David Manning (no image)
David Manning
  1. "Never a Dull Moment"

Current Employee - Senior Instructional Designer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, exciting, high-quality, large clients, great people

Cons

higher than average stress, some demanding clients

2. "Project Manager"

I worked at Performance Development Group full-time

Pros

Small sized company where you don't feel lost. Good benefits Great Management with clear direction Opportunity to be develop Management is very accessible Open and honest on roadmap and state of the business.

Cons

Depending on how the client views the relationship, you can feel disconnected.

"Financial Analyst"

4.0

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time

Pros

Everyone at PDG are amazing, driven individuals that work together well. Operations team and management are always available to speak with. The company is transparent with their people and truly care about their employees.

Cons

It is a smaller company and each role is very demanding. There will be times when you could work more than 40 hours/week.

4. "PDG has great people!"

4.0

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Time and time again, when people ask me what it is about my job that I like and appreciate the most, I tell them - we hire and retain the greatest people! The stellar quality of employees we bring into our company is a true testament that PDG is a company where brilliant, kind, and hardworking people chose to work. And each person brings such awesome attributes to their role. We are a group of tenacious, unique, and conscientious folks who have a wide array of talents inside and outside of work. If you ask any one of us what we do after work many will say, "Well, I play an instrument, or I sing, or I play intramural sports, or I participate in triathlons and marathons..." It makes for a real and interesting work place and our clients seem to really appreciate us for these special skills, capabilities, and attributes too!

Cons

PDG is a growing company and some times when we re trying to do things better, to work smarter not harder with new ways of doing things, we end up with the same results. Overall, however, many of our new processes have helped to increase business and client satisfaction so if I have to name a Con, it still isn't bad to be trying new and better ways to stay aligned to technology and our clients needs!

Continue reading
  5. "Great small company with big clients"

5.0

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* People * Strong client relationships * Leadership * Access to leadership * Interesting work

Cons

None identified as this time.

6. "Great to work here!"

I have been working at Performance Development Group for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance. Great co-workers. Opportunity to own role and contribute to the company.

Cons

Small company that can feel the hit when business isn't great.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Performance Development Group full-time

Pros

They pay attention to their employees and act in their best interest.

Cons

None at this current time

8. "Strategic Accounts"

5.0

Pros

PDG offers the same or better level of service and solutions as much larger competitors, with the ease and heart of a small company. We have a variety of clients and types of projects so employees have opportunities to work on strategic, creative projects, without the bureaucracy that can come with working for one of the 'big guys". Senior leadership is approachable and open to ideas from everyone in the company. The company gives people the support needed to grow in their roles, while also giving them the freedom to build skills and develop. As a result employees are challenged and engaged and excited about their work.

Cons

Continue to build on the improvements in new hire and new contractor onboarding, by formalizing the buddy system and role-based training for new people.

"Grass is Greener Here"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Company has treated me like I am valued. I have received such positive feedback since starting here (within the past year). I'm calling this out because in my past experiences, many times you only hear from management when you are NOT doing something right. That has not been the case here. In addition, any question I've had, I get it answered and quickly. I'm a remote worker but always have access to my manager and my team. Benefits were very impressive, especially compared to my former employers'. They value work life balance as a whole. You can contact the president of the company with questions and suggestions and he'll actually listen! People genuinely want to do good work here, and overall the culture is positive and optimistic.

Cons

The company is growing, and with that come some growing pains - short staffing, contractor hires that haven't been vetted thoroughly enough. I know there's a pretty thorough action plan in place to address these things, so I am not too concerned about the future.

Performance Development Group Response

December 19, 2018Talent Acquistion Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! PDG has made a conscious effort to improve the areas you mention above and we are happy to see our efforts are making a positive impact. The entire leadership team feels the right people are in place to take PDG to the next level. Our December 2018 Employee Satisfaction Survey showed that our PDG employees have confidence that the right leadership team is in place to grow our company! We are looking forward to a successful 2019!

"Loving PDG More and More!"

Current Employee - Learning Systems Manager in Raleigh, NC

Pros

-PDG does a really good job of trying to keep employees connected who aren't local to the office. I love the weekly PDG wins email that Keith Forshew sends out- I think it is such a nice way for employees to feel like they are recognized by the company (and upper leadership, no less!). -PDG is small enough to feel personal. When I got married they sent me a wedding gift! It made me feel so appreciated that my company would do that for me because I doubt anyone would have even noticed at my last (very large) company. -PDG is small, but big enough to grow. I had been with PDG for less than a year and was promoted. Many others have been promoted on my immediate team as well. -Flexible hours if needed and the ability to work remote most days!

Cons

-Even though PDG leadership is very transparent about what is going on with the company and budgets, etc.. (which is great), it can still be hard to see where things are going at times because you aren't as exposed to the big picture in the day-to-day.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 English Reviews