KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 55 of over 55 reviews

4.8
Periscope Data CEO Harry Glaser
Harry Glaser
Pros
  • "Periscope Data is an incredible company to work for(in 10 reviews)

• "My day to day is always changing so it keeps me engaged and excited to come to work every day(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The common growing pains of a fast paced, fast growing start-up(in 5 reviews)

• "This is par for the course for a young, fast growing start-up, but we are still maturing (and to be fair, doubling our customer count every year or so)(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

1. 5.0

Culture at its Core

Apr 2, 2019 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture - leadership has worked hard to appreciate all the employees, reward, and most importantly, enable to be successful Smart people without egos - some of the smartest, most giving people I have worked with...most of which would go out of their way to help the overall good Flexibility - ability to execute your job in your way to get to the agreed upon finish line Leadership - very transparent, personable, and will not hesitate to roll up their sleeves to help out! On-boarding - Great new hire enablement with all the pertinent teams without it being information overload Free lunch and dinner!

Cons

Growing rapidly - causes some issues with processes/rearranging in the office/booking meeting rooms Reactive Fire Drills - a couple of campaigns have initiated with top priority and required immediate attention

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Company, Tough Times

Oct 27, 2020 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of phenomenal people

Cons

A lot of difficulty post acquisition

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Start up culture without being pretentious

Mar 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone here is really smart and they are all passionate about their lines of the business. There is really open collaboration between different teams in the office. They really encourage interactions both professionally and socially to facilitate engagement (randomly selected 'donut date' pairings, trainings across functions, open air office). Benefits are really great and they take care to keep people happy to come into work.

Cons

Training is still pretty relaxed and a downside for me. The program is being built out, but for someone with no familiarity with the industry or their role it feels like being thrown into the wild. The teams are really great about answering questions as they come up, but it can be difficult to learn the ropes. The office is also not really in the best area, but management has already started talking about engagement with the community to help enrich the area.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture :)

Mar 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Similar to all of the other reviews, Periscope Data's culture is unmatched. The diversity and inclusion is incredible, and there's a lot of room for growth.

Cons

Things are constantly changing given the space, and startup nature of the company. It's less of a con and more of are you a fit for that type of environment.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

My goodness! How did I not know about this place sooner.

Feb 27, 2019 - Manager, Account Development in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Robust onboarding program (All of my new hires have blown out their ramp quotas). Organically supportive environment. I would say that helping each other appears to be in everyones DNA however, this is more of a learned behavior since I'm seeing the same from every new person that joins up with us. It's not our genes, it's a virus. Management is transparent, accessible, and genuinely cares about each role in the org. We work incredibly hard but, we know how to have fun be it a quick company wide cheer for a closed deal or spending time with each other during company sponsored or individually developed meetups.

Cons

Although we're making our way with lots of folks sharing the responsibility (mostly Sales Ops), we need to have an Enablement Team to take on some of the heavy lifting of training and development (Yes, I know this is a priority and we are actively looking). Meeting space is getting tougher to secure (good problem to have but, a problem nonetheless)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Incredible group of people, fabulous product

Feb 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had such a positive experience during the interview process that some part of me was afraid it wouldn't be real when I came in for my first day. I couldn't have been more wrong - the company is full of extremely genuine and dedicated people who give their all. Leadership cares equally about the success of the company and of their individual employees. Teams are passionate about the product, highly collaborative and motivated to come into work hard every day. It can be challenging to work at a startup as a parent, but Periscope is extremely flexible and supportive of family life outside of work. Company picnics include children and dogs :)

Cons

We could use some healthier lunch options

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Amazing place to work!

Feb 26, 2019 - Recruiting Team in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Periscope for less than a year and deciding to work here is one of the best decision i've made in my career! Pros: - transparent leadership team - great perks, and supportive team members - opportunities to grow and learn I love being surround by people who truly believe in the product, company vision, and trust their leadership team. It's also amazing to be at a company that is committed to building a inclusive and diverse culture.

Cons

- As we continue to grow, be sure to recognize employees in meaningful ways for their commitment to the company, hard work, etc.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Feb 26, 2019 - Customer Solutions Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Periscope is a great place to work - the company culture is unparalleled. It is rapidly growing and scaling but also still retains it's fast-moving start-up culture. The product is great - continuous innovation to make it even better and the culture can't be beat. I would highly recommend this to anybody in my network.

Cons

The company moves quickly. Sometimes, that results in things changing quickly. It can be dizzying and hard to manage but would not deter me from recommending the company to anybody within my network.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rewarding work, smart colleagues, opportunities to grow

Feb 22, 2019 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Periscope is a great place to work. I have experienced first-hand that it's a place that supports growth if you are ready to dive. If you show initiative, people will respond in kind. If you roll in late and just do the basics, you may be disappointed down the line. We have great customers, there is truly very minimal drama between teams, and our founders are inspiring leaders.

Cons

Salaries and stock options are supposedly pegged against the market but I find this doubtful. Also despite all good efforts, there is still some favoritism when it comes to people who have been here for a long time getting to do less work and not get called out for it.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture!

Feb 19, 2019 - Senior PR Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly one of the most vibrant cultures I've been a part of. Lots of caring people who are rooting for each other to succeed. Good compensation & catered meals also great.

Cons

The office is amazing inside, but not in the best area of Soma, so tread carefully if leaving the office late at night.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews