Phillips Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Phillips Partnership Reviews

Updated 1 Oct 2019

3.8
Phillips Partnership CEO Jerry Phillips (no image)
Jerry Phillips
  1. "Respectful and pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll get the full experience here. Lots to do and friendly employees that that like to help. I feel well taken care of by the firm and have a good feeling of job security,

Cons

Only a few people work on some notable projects. But the company seems to be stepping up in opportunity.

Advice to Management

Move the office to the city

Phillips Partnership2019-09-05
  2. "Boring place to work"

Current Employee - Architectural Designer in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time

Pros

They will pay you well here. It’s in a good location in downtown Sandy Springs. They are flexible with work hours if you need to come into the office later (most people come in around 10). They have 1-2 lunch and learns every week. They have a decent benefits package. They try to promote from within.

Cons

Communication definitely needs some work. People only talk to people in their respective studios. The firm culture is extremely corporate and uptight. I wouldn’t recommend this office for a recent graduate. The projects aren’t very exciting so don’t expect to see them in local articles or anything. The firm doesn’t have much of a structure as far as who does what. Many people have left to join more exciting firms... and gain different experiences because it can be a boring place to work. You can definitely expect to work crazy hours and not be compensated for it. I think the worse thing is that people can work in the same office for long periods of time and you never know their name unless you’ve had to work directly with them. They have birthday cake once a month, but people just grab cake and go back to their desk (no singing or real acknowledgement of the birthdays besides an email). The people in leadership are seen as distant figures in corner offices. Most company will hold weekly or monthly meetings to discuss important work related topics. This company will only do this once a year to discuss where they want to see improvement financially. Not to mention that I’ve heard some of the leadership staff yelling at other employees. People are afraid to express their concerns because communication is so poor here.

Advice to Management

The firm environment is too uptight. The leadership shouldn’t be seen at a distant. The present and COO of the company should be seen more besides when they are in the hiring process.

Phillips Partnership2019-10-02
  3. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phillips Partnership full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very laid back environment. Great pay and benefits. They promote from within, so it's a great place to track your entire career.

Cons

Sometimes a little too casual and laid back.

Phillips Partnership2019-07-20
  4. "Working at Phillips"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time

Pros

Great co-workers Everyone there is ready to help Little-no sense of any ego-driven leadership

Cons

Traffic congestion/time to workplace, but you’ll get that with anywhere in Atlanta.

Phillips Partnership2019-06-05
  5. "A great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time

Pros

This firm has everything that any architect of any level would enjoy. From benifits to the culture of the studios. Everyone is happy to see other and no one acts like they are better than anyone else. I've worked at top firms and none of them could beat the experience I have here.

Cons

Most of the projects aren't spectacular and you probably won't see it featured anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the work!

Phillips Partnership2019-02-01
  6. "Fine place to work"

I worked at Phillips Partnership full-time

Pros

CEO tries to take care of all employees.

Cons

Not the best management overall.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring better administration.

Phillips Partnership2018-08-22
  7. "Positive Review"

Former Employee - Senior Project Architect in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phillips Partnership full-time

Pros

Well managed with an eye toward maintaining a healthful working environment.

Cons

Too many nerf gun battles!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Phillips Partnership2017-08-08
  8. "Fun and Laid-Back Atmosphere"

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time

Pros

The energy in the studio is very positive. The uppers have made huge successful attempts over the past several years in providing a fun and laid-back atmosphere. I feel appreciated and encouraged each day. The PMs have been very supportive.

Cons

The commute is not ideal, but this was a personal choice. I am willing to take the longer commute to work for Phillips.

Phillips Partnership2017-06-04
  9. "Great Environment to Work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phillips Partnership full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I worked for Phillips Partnership straight out of school for 11 years and loved every minute of it. It is a great work environment and everyone is fun to work with. It's laid back enough to make it a relaxing atmosphere, but still be able get your work done. I worked in the retail studio my entire time there, but did help out for the hospitality and multi-family/mixed-use studios as well. Rob French is the best... Vice President you will ever work for hands down and a great person. He has a great work philosophy and will help you move up in the company if you are willing to put in the work and love what you do. I would highly recommend anyone to work here and would not working in any other architecture firm.

Cons

Traffic can be iffy during the holidays.

Phillips Partnership2017-01-24
  10. "Project Coordinator - Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Phillips Retail Studio has been a great work experience for me from day one. If you show that you are reliable, willing to learn and possess a good work ethic, you are absolutely rewarded with more responsibility within this firm. You are expected to ask questions. That's a good thing. They understand that you don't know everything (or anything) coming straight out of school. We are encouraged to learn as well... as teach new employees. I personally have always received steady raises and an end of year bonus. The work environment is very laid back (which I love) and Phillips constantly works towards promoting a more fun atmosphere. Examples - Game room in the office, birthday cake Fridays every month, wellness programs with prizes, holiday potlucks and parties, Braves game nights, etc. No strict dress code unless you're meeting with a client.

Cons

The different studios (retail, hospitality, structural, etc) tend to stay separated. This isn't really Phillips' fault though as they've tried a few different ways to make everyone mingle more. No real cons.

Advice to Management

How about two birthday cake Fridays a month? :)

Phillips Partnership2017-01-23