Phillips Partnership Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jerry Phillips

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun and Laid-Back Atmosphere"

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time

Pros

The energy in the studio is very positive. The uppers have made huge successful attempts over the past several years in providing a fun and laid-back atmosphere. I feel appreciated and encouraged each day. The PMs have been very supportive.

Cons

The commute is not ideal, but this was a personal choice. I am willing to take the longer commute to work for Phillips.

2. "Great Environment to Work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phillips Partnership full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for Phillips Partnership straight out of school for 11 years and loved every minute of it. It is a great work environment and everyone is fun to work with. It's laid back enough to make it a relaxing atmosphere, but still be able get your work done. I worked in the retail studio my entire time there, but did help out for the hospitality and multi-family/mixed-use studios as well. Rob French is the best Vice President you will ever work for hands down and a great person. He has a great work philosophy and will help you move up in the company if you are willing to put in the work and love what you do. I would highly recommend anyone to work here and would not working in any other architecture firm.

Cons

Traffic can be iffy during the holidays.

3. "Project Coordinator - Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Phillips Retail Studio has been a great work experience for me from day one. If you show that you are reliable, willing to learn and possess a good work ethic, you are absolutely rewarded with more responsibility within this firm. You are expected to ask questions. That's a good thing. They understand that you don't know everything (or anything) coming straight out of school. We are encouraged to learn as well as teach new employees. I personally have always received steady raises and an end of year bonus.

The work environment is very laid back (which I love) and Phillips constantly works towards promoting a more fun atmosphere. Examples - Game room in the office, birthday cake Fridays every month, wellness programs with prizes, holiday potlucks and parties, Braves game nights, etc. No strict dress code unless you're meeting with a client.

Cons

The different studios (retail, hospitality, structural, etc) tend to stay separated. This isn't really Phillips' fault though as they've tried a few different ways to make everyone mingle more. No real cons.

Advice to Management

How about two birthday cake Fridays a month? :)

4. "Great Opportunity to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Studio culture is amazing - helpful, knowledgeable, hard-working - but not afraid to have fun and laugh together.
    Ability to work on all phases of a project from the very beginning all the way to completion.
    The company invests heavily in the staff - a lot of holidays, paid time off, free lunches and birthday cake, holiday bonus, gym memberships, healthcare & 401k, and social gatherings throughout the year.

Cons

The traffic in this area is pretty bad, but that is really the case for any business in or around Atlanta.
    Not really a con but something to be aware of - knowledge of both AutoCAD and Revit is helpful as we are currently transitioning to more Revit projects.
    Orientation of new hires has been difficult.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Laid-back atmosphere. Opportunity to work on larger projects.

Cons

I can't think of any!

6. "Project Coordinator"

Pros

Easy going
    Leave work at work
    Overall a decent place to work

Cons

Not enough challenge
    No appreciation from upper management

7. "Intern - Great experience"

Pros

I really enjoyed working in the engineering group. Co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining important concepts. A major benefit is the ability to gain experience working with several different building materials. Also, the office has a rec room with pool, video games, etc which is very unique for an A/E firm. I am thankful for the opportunity to work here, and would highly recommend it.

Cons

No significant cons during my time here

8. "PM"

Former Employee - Account Manager, Designer, and Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phillips Partnership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for Growth, be your own boss

Cons

Management is kinda dry, place seems more like an engineering firm than design/Arch.

9. "You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Architectural Job Captain in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Architectural Job Captain in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Phillips Partnership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I actually love working here. There is opportunity for growth if you take it. Our higher ups are very approachable and friendly and in my opinion, go above and beyond to make the company a great place for their employees. Starbucks coffee on tap. Birthday cake for everyone's birthday. Health wellness programs, potlucks and parties, company events like participating in 5k's and challenges with prizes. My studio is like a family - we help each other out. We are encouraged to teach as well as learn. Our admin goes way above and beyond to help us with whatever we need. The campus is beautiful. We have good benefits and 401k. This company is very family oriented, they've met my kids and I've met theirs and its no big deal if you have to leave early to go pick up your child. Very flexible, fun, and relaxed atmosphere. I have learned a lot since working here.

Cons

The traffic in Dunwoody is awful. Just awful. We may be a bit behind on technology, we only just recently got a 3D printer and have yet to really use it much. Printing in-house is a royal pain sometimes. They do a lot of fire drills. The geese in the lake get aggressive in the late spring and will chase you if you get too close.

Advice to Management

If we could get in-house daycare, that would be awesome.

Phillips Partnership Response

Aug 14, 2015 – Chief Operations Officer

In response to feedback received about traffic as well as the desire to have on site daycare and other upgraded amenities, we are moving our office in February 2016 to the Palisades which is across... More

"What severance package?"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phillips Partnership (More than 5 years)

Pros

For the Record I did enjoy my Job at Phillips... But..At Phillips Part you can work real hard and then train someone younger so they can take your job. You can work hard with Zero Bonus so the Owner can buy a brand new truck. You can work hard with barely a raise so the Owner can blow it all on lawsuits. Trust me its exciting..

Cons

You get laid off with Zero Severance pay. I repeat.. $0.00 severance pay. Ask any former business partner what they think of pwnership. Nothing good to say... Did I mention Zero Severance pay in the Spring of 2015?

Advice to Management

Someday life will repay you for the wrongs you have given to others. I hope people reading these posts see through the Admins fluffing them up..

Phillips Partnership Response

Aug 14, 2015 – Chief Operations Officer

Every statement in this post is untrue, with the possible exception of the first statement which states, "For the Record I did enjoy my Job at Phillips."

Regarding severance pay, we always pay... More