Pindrop Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 79 reviews

3.7
Pindrop CEO Vijay A. Balasubramaniyan
Vijay A. Balasubramaniyan
Pros
  • "incredibly smart people, great environment and office space(in 8 reviews)

• "The fraud and authentication solution is leading the industry(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Going through a few growing pains, but that's expected and being worked on(in 7 reviews)

• "Benefits could be better (401k match, vacation time off)(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

I have been working at Pindrop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are simply amazing. The CEO is full of energy and is absolutely brilliant. I've been in this industry for over 20 years and I've never had the honor to work with such hard working committed people driving towards a common goal.

Cons

We do get a little over our skis occasionally when big problems emerge

Advice to Management

If you want to shoot for the moon keep letting people build rockets and not airplanes.

Pindrop2019-01-19
  2. "Great Work and Amazing People"

I have been working at Pindrop full-time

Pros

- I love the work culture - Smart and engaging co-workers - Building really awesome products - Office location is great

Cons

- None yet will update

Pindrop2019-06-18
  3. "Great People - Great Company"

Current Employee - L&D Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pindrop full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pindrop has a true learning culture. People don't just want to be developed, they also find ways to spread knowledge and expertise to others. People are open, sharing their thoughts and rationale. Several people from various functions and levels went out of their way to help me get to know the people and business. Pindrop is investing in their people with leadership development, lunch and learns, and other learning opportunities.

Cons

This isn't a con as much as a current challenge - Some functions are balancing urgent needs with long-term goals. The need to urgently respond sometimes conflicts with other commitments.

Pindrop2019-06-20

"More concerned with shipping new products than retaining talent"

I have been working at Pindrop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Above-average base salary for the Atlanta area

Cons

- Constantly fighting fires, high level of employee burnout, people regularly working nights and weekends - The company is hemorrhaging talent, a lot of the really good ones have already left, there are still some hanging around, but we'll see how long that lasts - Abysmal culture and values that encourage and reward the "work hero" (working nights and weekends), further contributing to employee burnout - Some (very...

Advice to Management

The problems with employee burnout and talent retention can be traced back to the company's values, which are a joke. You enable, encourage, and reward working nights and weekends fighting fires. But you put almost zero effort into trying to avoid starting the fires in the first place.

Pindrop2019-04-23

"siloing and backbiting :("

I worked at Pindrop full-time

Pros

Work with some of the most brilliant people in the business. The office is really cool, and if you need to get out for a sec, you can walk to a couple of different coffee shops.

Cons

Siloing is a huge problem, and there's a big issue with cross-team backstabbing. My team would often get permission from our director to work from home, but then we'd hear that we "just didn't come to work" from someone on another team. We launched a new product in three working weeks, through a snowstorm, but we still got treated like we weren't doing our work.

Advice to Management

Trust your people. Build better bridges between teams.

Pindrop2019-03-07

"Research"

I have been working at Pindrop full-time

Pros

Smart folks with strong work ethic. Research scientists are always there to help each other. Freedom to do research of choice on paper but ..

Cons

.. there is NO career path. - Too many customer questions that have nothing to do with research leading to degraded morale. Department is at the bottom of the pecking order in the company. - Actual research work is a luxury afforded to few. - The ones with zero research expertise in management indulge in politics (probably the highest in the organization) and are simply incompetent. - Top management is making amends to...

Advice to Management

Look deep within to find the source of discontent in the team. Curiosity and not politics is what matters.

Pindrop2019-03-01

"Exciting tech, brilliant people, siloed teams"

I worked at Pindrop

Pros

The technology is amazing. The people are brilliant.

Cons

Teams that should be working together are siloed, and there’s a lot of backbiting.

Advice to Management

Get everyone on the same page. Snacks are great, but they aren’t a replacement for quality culture.

Pindrop2019-02-12

"Would Not Recommend"

Former Employee - BDR in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pindrop full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snacks, food, education budget, travel to conferences.

Cons

Severe leadership problem. Board appointed mid managers have 0 idea what they're doing. Executives that aren't leaders. I would go more in depth but I don't have the energy or patience.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership courses or read some books on leadership.

Pindrop2019-03-14

"Engineering"

I have been working at Pindrop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Management listens to concerns and acts on them. If you report something in the monthly anonymous survey, it will usually get addressed. - Sales / business side does a great job. If you build something great, it will get used. - Company is disciplined. It looks for opportunities within / near its niche. There's expansion, but no wild pivots. - Best in class products produced by high-talent folks. - Employees...

Cons

- Company is big enough that you might not know where a request or decision came from, or the reasons for it. And sometimes requests get lost in translation along the way. - The customer-adjacent roles (CS, Research, QA) often get stuck patching up rushed projects.

Advice to Management

There should be a formal vetting system in place for new projects or big changes. That vetting should include cost / benefit analysis, prototyping, and performance benchmarking. It must happen before production development begins.

Pindrop2018-11-02
    • "Great people and a bright future"

I have been working at Pindrop full-time

Pros

Great team, supportive culture and caring leadership. A very smart gang, excellent technology stack, highly positive outlook.

Cons

Going through a few growing pains, but that's expected and being worked on. (right focus on improving).

Pindrop2018-10-21