Pivot3 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Harold Ron Nash, JR

Pros
  • Great co-workers who are always ready to pitch in and help one another (in 3 reviews)

• Video Surveillance solution works, all big deals in Pivot 3 are (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The new management is very unprofessional (in 3 reviews)

• There are so many AVP's, VP's & directors for such a small company (in 3 reviews)

"Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many talented individuals that contribute to the success of the company. Great pay and exciting opportunities within the company to develop and grow.

Cons

Company is growing so fast that it is hard to get the right people hired fast enough.

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified and successful people. Listen to proven leaders.

Pivot3 Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Manager - HR/Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review and the candid feedback around hiring speed. We're preparing to make some investments in this area that should help us deliver top talent more quickly. With that said ... More

"Mgmt doesn't care about the employees... only what they can get out of the company"

Former Employee - NONE in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - NONE in Spring, TX

I worked at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedules
    Other employees are very nice

Cons

Locations are against each other
    Ever since NexGen was acquired it was hell to work for this company. Anything they said or did was perfect and there is no changing that. Spring were the bad guys that no one liked, Austin was the land of executives, marketing and sales and Colorado were the angels. I was just sick of it. Management didn't really care about the employees at all. All they wanted was to take this company IPO or to get acquired at a large amount so they could make their money from their shares. They have fired dedicated employees over and over again who have been with the company through really tough times and who did absolutely nothing wrong but because they didn't fit the "public company" mold, they were tossed aside. None of their work for this company nor their loyalty meant anything. I personally had had enough and have spoken to very many others who are currently looking for other opportunities.

My advise, if you are large company minded and don't mind just being a number, go work for Pivot3. If you want to be appreciated and actually feel like you make a difference, please seek work opportunities elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself. Start thinking about your team members as they sit now and stop trying to make this place something that it's not. We are not Nutanix nor do we want to be. All you do is badmouth them but then turn around and try to mirror everything that they have done. Be Pivot3 and be proud of Pivot3 and stop trying to turn us into the competition. Focus on our products and make them awesome but, more so, treat your employees with respect.

Oh and by the way, those fireside chats I heard about... everyone thinks they are a joke. All it is is Ron answering questions. Let someone else answer (or even talk) and maybe more will chime in. No one is going to question you for fear of being walked out the door.

"Human Resources Generalist"

Former Employee - Payroll/Human Resources Generalist in Brooklyn, OH
    Former Employee - Payroll/Human Resources Generalist in Brooklyn, OH

I worked at Pivot3 (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

The CFO that worked there between 2012-2013 was a dictator! Glad he is no longer working there.

"We are asked to review but not lie"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

I read these negative reviews and only laugh because I can tell who is writing them. Pivot3 just went through a large acquisition and we had a lot of overlap. Pivot3 management made it clear we are only looking for quality people and employees were given standards to work to. They were given a quarter and if they couldn't meet standards, they were let go. I will say this process was placed across the company not just on the incoming employees. We have been growing really fast over the year plus I have been here and there were some good hires and some bad. The bad reviews your now seeing is the bad hires upset that they were let go in this cleanup process.

Pivot3 has really good technology and my sales engineering management fully support me and the rest of my team. We have had some growing pains but that is expected when moving from a 100 person to a 250 person company in a little over a year.

Cons

My biggest challenge is with all the growth, communications between teams is lacking. We have new teams, old teams, and in some cases we don't know who is in charge of doing what.

Advice to Management

Management needs to increase vetting process during hiring to male sure we only accept the best people. We have a great technology that sells itself and the level of headcount and sales growth is great.

"If you're a seasoned sales professional..... steer clear"

Former Employee - Territory Sales in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Territory Sales in Portland, OR

I worked at Pivot3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Impressive technology
    * Vacation
    * Work/life balance

Cons

* Micromanaging from upper management
    * Managers belittle their direct reports
    * Only concern is numbers, regardless of how ethical/unethical you need to be to achieve the sale
    * Unclear as to which direction they are going (Surveillance vs. Storage)
    * Tons of $$$ pumped in, but still not profitable.....

Advice to Management

* Make sure that you are all on the same page as to what the ultimate goal is
    * Communication is key

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products in a positive market! Manager has his act together and is driving sales in great manner!

Cons

Nothing much to add here.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going!

"Anymous"

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

love working for people who care for their employees treat them with respect, the people i work with are some of the best in the industry and i enjoy working side by side with them

Cons

since acquisition of NexGen By Pivot3 There has been a mass exodus of very great talent because of management not treating them with respect even though this was promised so i am feeling unsure of the situation right now because i feel that Management will not hit Goals that they have set which seem to be unrealistic

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and treat them with respect and listen to the ideas they have in storage as Nexgen excelled in this area and Pivot3 is new so stop acting like you know how to do storage and listen to those that do and dont be threatened by their Ideas

Pivot3 Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Manager - HR/Talent Acquisition

Hello. Please take some time to talk with me about these concerns you have. Hint - I'm the guy on the first floor that sits in an office near the support team between the 2 marketing storage areas ... More

"Dynamic and Driven"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

Pros

Pivot3's story today is an entirely different narrative compared to just six or seven months ago. In a short amount of time, new leadership and senior management have came aboard, developed measurable, repeatable programs, hired talented, down-to-earth and driven people, and focused on setting real goals and are already executing on achieving them.

So, the pros:

- world class marketing team that continues to gain momentum, adding new talent and aligning with sales ops
    - the addition of smart, capable teams from the recent acquisition of NexGen Storage
    - good people: definitely some personalities and characters in the mix that add significant value to the culture - the culture is still taking shape, but the important thing is that it's underpinned by people who work hard and understand the larger vision
    - IP/tech is unique and until very recently, ahead of its time, now that the market is ready it all comes down to execution, tuning the message, staying on message, and delivering innovative products
    - Transparent, accomplished and reliable CEO with respect for people and process
    - Solid sales growth and continued market penetration

Cons

No cons to report on. In my opinion, the cons I've seen aired here don't have anything to do with the company vision and are usually generated from a misalignment with subjective expectations and a misunderstanding of what we're building at Pivot3.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, continue to build the company culture alongside people and processes.

"No. Just No. Good Grief No!"

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

Pros

The tech works, for CCTV environments at least. Other that that, there are so few "Pros".

Not even the coffee is very good. Everyday folk are generally kind and considerate, but frustrated.

Cons

Vizualize a company that has funding that it will not waste, repeatedly, on the wrong things. Then go back to what it had changed a year earlier. Again!

That has a stellar management team.

With marketing assets and campaigns that hit the pain points of end users, referencing the verticals they work in.

Imagine having a channel that sees your tech as market leading and strategic to their business in the future.

Envision an "all cylinders firing" sales team who have never been stiffed on compensation or had their targets moved to suit the cashflow at the whim of the CFO.

Envisage an acquisition that would embrace senior, talented, experienced sales folk and the acquiring company would listen, embrace, learn to benefit all...

Then think of the very worst and opposite of the above... and that would be Pivot3.

Advice to Management

Google can be your friend... look up "basic management course", please enroll.

The way you have treated people would send shivers down the spine of any self-respecting senior sales person and you do not deserve to have them as part of your company.

"IF Your a experienced sales person STAY AWAY!!"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pivot3 (More than a year)

Pros

Sorry to say their are no pros for this company. The only thing I can say is the security Hyper Converged technology works well but its very high in cost.

Cons

To start off the majority of the positive reviews are most likely from management or employees are told and forced to submit 5 star reviews I was asked several times..
    I would stay away from this organization and management. The new management is very unprofessional!! They change the comp plan whenever they want and they change QR's in the fly and my positon title was changed #3 times in a 2 year period!! They change the way they pay you commission when it benefits Pivot's management!!
    I should of known when I found out in 9 years in business and they are still in the RED (Not making a profit yet) and not in the black (making a profit) and still trying to find investors to fund hiring their friends and family in all kinds of sales positions where they have no clue on how to manage or sell anything.. The management is neglecting the Security division and trying to get their enterprise division that sold maybe 10% of the total annual sales to take over all of the sales of the company. When their security division has sold about 90% of their yearly revenue!!
    They create internal competition within their own sales department!! Letting everyone sell both sides enterprise and security. I was actually so depressed to get up and go to work!!
    STAY AWAY!! ITS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS!!!

Advice to Management

My advise is for the shareholders!! Get rid of the management from the CEO to the Exe's VP's!! The CEO is just a RA RA guy and has no control over this company!! He is a follower NOT a Leader!!