Pivot3 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Harold Ron Nash, JR

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Customer base is happy and expanding so great opportunity for sales (in 3 reviews)

• Progressive, great integrity, opportunities for advancement, fast paced, well paying (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are so many AVP's, VP's & directors for such a small company (in 3 reviews)

• This, in turn, requires them to change the sales team often and get rid of solid performers (in 2 reviews)

"Company in Dynamic Marketspace"

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

- Senior Management shares the challenges and celebrates the successes
    - Company has established core values
    - Recent company-wide initiative to financially and personally support colleagues impacted by Harvey
    - Company adapts to fast changing marketplace
    - Opportunities to 'wear many hats' and contribute in this fast-paced hyper-growth environment

Cons

- Lack of business process and systems

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, CO

I worked at Pivot3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good balance between cutting edge technology development and a Sales driven product approach.

Cons

Very fast paced environment with pressure to meet deadlines.

Advice to Management

Increase pace of hiring. Continue on current path.

"why are all the big kids on the playground kicking my butt?"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

can you give me a minute while I try and think of one.

Cons

Close yours eyes and imagine getting the crap beat out of you every day by the biggest kids on the playground . Working as a Pivot3 sales rep you'll have to fight some of the biggest tech giants in the industry; EMC, VMWare, Dell, HP, Cisco and Nutanix. You'll get constantly beat down by these giants and you'll have zero advantage over them ! You wont have better technology , You wont have a better sales or SE team. You wont have better funding, R&D, pricing, documentation, channels , support, pro-services, inside sales, marketing or technology partnerships.
    Marketing may put out some great stuff touting how awesome Pivot3 is but as soon as prospects kick the tires they’ll soon realize its just a bunch of fluff.

In the land of HCI there is simply no good reason for a prospect to choose Pivot3 when there are so many other choices from Big companies with solid technology and that our financially stable .

Advice to Management

can the marketing department please come up with another reference customer besides Bergen County

Pivot3 Response

Aug 14, 2017 – CMO

I'm sorry to read about your frustrations in the field. I think there are lots of good reasons that customers should- and do- select Pivot3, and that only improves with our latest release. But I... More

"Mgmt doesn't care about the employees... only what they can get out of the company"

Former Employee - NONE in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - NONE in Spring, TX

I worked at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedules
    Other employees are very nice

Cons

Locations are against each other
    Ever since NexGen was acquired it was hell to work for this company. Anything they said or did was perfect and there is no changing that. Spring were the bad guys that no one liked, Austin was the land of executives, marketing and sales and Colorado were the angels. I was just sick of it. Management didn't really care about the employees at all. All they wanted was to take this company IPO or to get acquired at a large amount so they could make their money from their shares. They have fired dedicated employees over and over again who have been with the company through really tough times and who did absolutely nothing wrong but because they didn't fit the "public company" mold, they were tossed aside. None of their work for this company nor their loyalty meant anything. I personally had had enough and have spoken to very many others who are currently looking for other opportunities.

My advise, if you are large company minded and don't mind just being a number, go work for Pivot3. If you want to be appreciated and actually feel like you make a difference, please seek work opportunities elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself. Start thinking about your team members as they sit now and stop trying to make this place something that it's not. We are not Nutanix nor do we want to be. All you do is badmouth them but then turn around and try to mirror everything that they have done. Be Pivot3 and be proud of Pivot3 and stop trying to turn us into the competition. Focus on our products and make them awesome but, more so, treat your employees with respect.

Oh and by the way, those fireside chats I heard about... everyone thinks they are a joke. All it is is Ron answering questions. Let someone else answer (or even talk) and maybe more will chime in. No one is going to question you for fear of being walked out the door.

"Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many talented individuals that contribute to the success of the company. Great pay and exciting opportunities within the company to develop and grow.

Cons

Company is growing so fast that it is hard to get the right people hired fast enough.

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified and successful people. Listen to proven leaders.

Pivot3 Response

Jan 31, 2017 – Manager - HR/Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review and the candid feedback around hiring speed. We're preparing to make some investments in this area that should help us deliver top talent more quickly. With that said... More

"Poised to lead"

Current Employee - Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High caliber talent, lots of experience and great pedigrees from market leading companies. Hot space with very defensible IP. Great customer base.

Cons

Still has some operational issues to work through. As would be expected, processes need to be optimized, and execution needs to be more crisp. But tons of potential as those things are tuned.

Advice to Management

Keep the sales force motivated, keep your ear to he ground relative to the market, and keep the focus on the customer.

"Sales manager"

I worked at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

Company has great products and is able to compete with the big firms.

Cons

High turnover. If you can't hit quota you will be released immediately.

"Great team, huge growth potential"

Pros

Pivot3 has gone through many changes over the years and the team and strategy in place now is the strongest I've seen. Our technology is unmatched in the marketplace, and with the hyperconvergence market seeing explosive growth, Pivot3 is at the right time and the right place. There have been starts and stops along the way as there are with any startup in a hype-rgrowth market, but the momentum is moving in the right direction. I also love working with this team--some of the smartest people I've ever worked with. The pace is fast and things do change frequently, so the environment is not for everyone. But if you are looking for a place to work that has huge promise, where you can make an impact every day and you get to work with very bright people, this is the place for you.

Cons

None that I can see.

"Considering Pivot3"

Pros

Product has potential and could possibly impact market segment.

Cons

Leadership has spent hundreds of millions for a fraction of the revenue and have not been able to execute on projections. This, in turn, requires them to change the sales team often and get rid of solid performers.

"We are asked to review but not lie"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Pivot3 full-time

Pros

I read these negative reviews and only laugh because I can tell who is writing them. Pivot3 just went through a large acquisition and we had a lot of overlap. Pivot3 management made it clear we are only looking for quality people and employees were given standards to work to. They were given a quarter and if they couldn't meet standards, they were let go. I will say this process was placed across the company not just on the incoming employees. We have been growing really fast over the year plus I have been here and there were some good hires and some bad. The bad reviews your now seeing is the bad hires upset that they were let go in this cleanup process.

Pivot3 has really good technology and my sales engineering management fully support me and the rest of my team. We have had some growing pains but that is expected when moving from a 100 person to a 250 person company in a little over a year.

Cons

My biggest challenge is with all the growth, communications between teams is lacking. We have new teams, old teams, and in some cases we don't know who is in charge of doing what.

Advice to Management

Management needs to increase vetting process during hiring to male sure we only accept the best people. We have a great technology that sells itself and the level of headcount and sales growth is great.