Positive Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Nelson Taxel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A/R Supervisor"

I have been working at Positive Promotions full-time

Pros

Depending on what dept you are in, people really work together to get things done.

Cons

They do not appreciate employees who have been here for a long time.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation via compensation

2. "This is not a real company"

I worked at Positive Promotions full-time

Pros

Unfortunately there are quite a very very smart people at this company. They all need to find new jobs because this is a horrible place to work.

Cons

Let's see- let's start with nepotism. There are a very select few people at this company who have been working there a long time that the CEO favors. Maybe they are keeping his secrets- but these employees are famous for getting paid to online shop or doing just about any of their personal errands instead of getting real work done. Everyone else is held to impossible standards, except these select few. They will never get fired, because the CEO must be afraid of them. Many have tried, all have failed.
    Next on the list is the complete lack of any structure or organization whatsoever. Oh sure, there are plenty of people with Director or VP titles, but they aren't actually allowed to make GOOD decisions. I don't know why they even bother with paying executive level people, because literally everyone is a glorified assistant to the CEO. You can try to change things, and upper management will even pretend to encourage it, until you do the work involved to change things only to have him shut it down at the last minute and insist he never approved such a thing.
    Every meeting is the same meeting. It's all the CEO show to yell about catalog production, which by the way is failing miserably. Instead of investing in digital like the rest of the world, they continue to buy more expensive printing equipment and send MORE catalogs. It's unbelievable.
    And the way the majority of the employees are treated is disgusting. It is not uncommon to be screamed at by the CEO for going to lunch or leaving work on time. There is frequent name-calling, tantrums, profanity, off-color jokes, and "disappearing vacation days"just to scratch the surface.
    They will promise a bonus, which will barely be enough to take your family out to dinner. You have to threaten to quit to get a raise, and even then you probably won't get it. In fact, you will be punished and called out in meetings for things that aren't even your job.
    Trade shows are vacations for the Chosen Few and and they are not accountable for actually bringing anything back, meanwhile the rest of the attendees are required to send 10-15 pages of notes to the CEO every night and then come back with a full presentation to the entire company that will get thrown in the garbage the second you leave the room.
    Things are so bad here that HR has been known to send out pleas to employees begging them to write a good review on Glassdoor.

Advice to Management

What's the point?

"Maybe good if you want a job like The Office but not funny at all"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Positive Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think it might be pretty hard to get fired there if you are halfway competent (nevertheless, I did see people get let go). To me, it seemed just like selling paper for Dunder Mifflin but instead of paper, you're selling keyrings and pencils and buttons with positive messages on them. If you can get excited about that, then more power to you. You will probably have a job for life as long as you don't step out of line.

Cons

I don't want to be overly negative about this company. They treated me fairly, but the marketing department seemed to be having a rough time doing their job properly and it caused tension between the other departments. Maybe that's changed, but I doubt it. They seemed like lifers in the company who gave up worrying about losing their jobs long ago and just did things their own way. They also worked more closely with the owner more than anybody else, so if you have a problem with their work or behavior, there's not much you can do about it. And I think they like it this way just fine. Lots of goofing off, lots of revising the revisions they revised all week, but especially at crunch time. It feels like you have to push a boulder up a hill every day just to find it at the bottom of the hill the next day.

I have no idea what it's like to work in the call center or the shipping department. I worked with marketing, copy writers, designers, and sometimes the higher-ups.

I can't imagine what your next step would be if you stayed here a long time. It doesn't seem like the skills you use here will really turn anybody's heads later on, so I would either use this as a stepping stone job to gain experience if you can't find anything else...or else make a lifelong career out of it, grow old with these people and retire a Positive Promotions lifer.

There's no real room for growth or anything. It is what it is. You're selling items that are not sold anywhere else and I think it would be a tough sell to get hired anywhere else if you spend more than a couple years there. Certainly nothing I did here goes into my portfolio.

Advice to Management

None. I know they wouldn't change anything, anyway. Somehow this company is successful. I can't believe they are, but they are. And that is a good thing overall for everybody involved.

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Positive Promotions full-time

Pros

Full support for marketing and sales to be successful.
    Family owned and passionate about the business

Cons

None to report at this time.

5. "its a job"

Current Employee - Corporate in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Positive Promotions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

i have a job. convenient to where i live. because ive been there so many years, i can get "away" with some things. its also a good thing owner likes me.

Cons

company culture total opposite what the company actually sells--"positive incentives" to staff. no raises and i work so hard. paranoia is big here because it starts at the top.

Advice to Management

listen to employees

6. "My experience at positive promotion was very motovating."

Pros

The reason i worked here was because it gave me better work experience learning how to do alot that i never thought i would do and also physically helped me.

Cons

Some challenges at this job was the employees i was associated with. Being that i was english and majority was spanish it was kind of hard to communicate with them.

7. "SALES"

Current Employee - Sales in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Positive Promotions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

no competitive pay, hard to get raise

Cons

great company, nice management clean environment

"Awful Experience.....Low class management. People are treated like garbage."

Former Employee - Warehouse in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Positive Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No good reason to work for this meat grinder. They chew you up and spit you out. Never a thank you....!!!

Cons

Backstabbing supervisor's....Never anything POSITIVE to say about peoples hard work .

Advice to Management

Learn how to respect and treat the people that break there backs for you.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer S in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Customer S in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Positive Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The schedule is flexible and the people are friendly.

Cons

Lots of overtime during the busy season.

Advice to Management

More on the job training

"Management"

I worked at Positive Promotions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with.
    Decent health benefits.

Cons

No true job descriptions, you're expected to do everything.
    no annual reviews or raises.
    Micro-managed.
    Zero Appreciation for efforts

Advice to Management

Pay-Appreciate-Trust