Priority Express Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kerry Johnson

1. "Great company"

I have been working at Priority Express full-time

Pros

The company is growing and changing in positive ways

Cons

Benefits are a bit lacking

2. "Upper Management not the same"

Pros

This was a great place to work. People friendly, work/life flexibility, everyone worked great as a team.

Cons

Once management changed everything went down hill. The new controller is very controlling, rude, unprofessional, actor and plays with employees' minds. Very hostile. Upper management ignores what is going on within the departments.

Advice to Management

They need to think more about they employees and the environment the workplace.

"Courier"

Current Employee - Driver in Boothwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Driver in Boothwyn, PA

Pros

There are none. This company sucks

Cons

They want you to take on ALL the expense as an independent contractor but have control over you like you are an hourly employee. They screw you over on your check and you have to see a 3rd party to discuss it. Then if you quit they screw u on your last check as in you will not get it. If u don't do what they want you to do like work the weekend or take a route u don't want. You are on their crap list and will get every crappy job possible. I took Martin Luther King Day off and they got pissed and took away my gas card and incentives. My check was $300 not even enough to pay my rent. This company sucks. If you want to work for free then fill out an app at Priority Express

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you pay your drivers by the hour and give up some more money.

"Slave drivers!"

Former Employee - Driver in Boothwyn, PA
    Former Employee - Driver in Boothwyn, PA

Pros

3 $50 gas cards to start, but see cons.

Cons

Decent route pay, if you get one. If not, expect to get 72 or 73 cents per LOADED mile. That means if you have to drive an hour to J'Pipp to pick up an order, drive 5 miles to drop it off then drive an hour from J'Pipp to get home, CONGRATULATIONS, you just made less than $4 for about 2 and a half hours work. Oh, and don't forget, that driving could be in any kind of weather. If you have a route, count on working a 12 hour day...every day. Oh, they expect you to work weekends AFTER you've beaten your body and your car to crap all week. There are no sick days, no benefits and if you or your car goes down, SCREW YOU! As far as the gas cards go, they will drive you for every drop...and then some. And the gas allowance? A very bad joke in extremely poor taste. BTW...tolls and parking are on you. So that $4 may have dropped to $1, unless you get a ticket. Then your paying for the privilege of driving for them. Welcome to the global economy.

Advice to Management

Pick up parking and tolls. Pay more for per mile. Have a minimum per run to offset getting paid for only loaded miles.

"Ok Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Boothwyn, PA
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Boothwyn, PA

Pros

Laid back, decent office pay

Cons

No training module whatsoever, sat around for weeks!

Advice to Management

See cons

"Misleading advertising as to what the job position is"

Former Employee - Sales in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales in Edison, NJ

I worked at Priority Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to home ok work environment. Office people are friendly and helpful. Stressful environment at times as the majority of office personnel are dispatchers. Office manager was a clown. He is now long gone and one look at his LinkedIn profile reflects his self appraisal yet inability to stay with one company. Avoid working for "VE".....

Cons

Was hired as an outside sales rep yet was literally put into an empty office by myself with a list of customers to harass/call while the troll office manager sat in the other room listening to my calls. This went on every single day. Finally he left early one Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend and had a fellow outside rep tell me I was no longer needed. Quite the guy.

Advice to Management

If you hire someone for OUTSIDE sales but really intend to make it an INSIDE sales/marketing position, just say so and stop wasting people's time. This perhaps may explain the high turnover rate at this position????

"Work there now"

Current Employee - Vendor in Boothwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Vendor in Boothwyn, PA

I have been working at Priority Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am not yet aware of a single pro. Probably won't stay long enough to find out that there ARE any pros

Cons

Pay structure gets you about $6 per hour. That is significantly below minimum wage. They tell you you can make $400-$1200 per week. Maybe, MAYBE if you drive 15 hours per day. But then, if you drive 15 hours per day, you may have spent as much as $75-$95 on gas each day. Plus maintenance on your vehicle, parking, tolls, taxes will eventually have to be paid, plus all of the other fees. What gives?? Managers pretend they don't know how long routes are, and they seem to assume that their vendors are dumber than posts.

Advice to Management

How do you sleep at night?

"where's the money"

I worked at Priority Express full-time

Pros

flexibility, freedom to refuse jobs that don't make sense

Cons

they messed company by hiring many inexperienced drivers

Advice to Management

style up

"Stay away from this company! Total Pyramid scam"

Current Employee - Courier
    Current Employee - Courier

I have been working at Priority Express full-time

Pros

There are no pros with this company

Cons

Dispatchers give all the work to a couple people and then give all the garbage to the rest of the drivers. This company is a SCAM!!! They hire new drivers every week then charge them at least a couple hundred dollars before they hit the street. Dispatchers give them some good work for the first week but once they find out the fraud that goes on they quit and get no check because they owe the company money. Company knows this and keeps hiring people knowing they will make money off the driver and the customer.

Every chance the company gets they change the rate we are paid without even telling us Fuel surcharge!
    If u tell them ur not working they stick u with junk work or say its slow when u come back.
    Routes are a joke, the dispatchers tell u one thing to get u to do the route then when your paid for it your on your own because the company then pays u what they want. Total scam!!!

Advice to Management

No advice they know what there doing, stealing from the driver every chance they get!

"No Health Ins, No Retirement, Lie to your car insurance"

Former Employee - Courier in Boothwyn, PA
    Former Employee - Courier in Boothwyn, PA

I worked at Priority Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Umm thinking. Still thinking. I give up.

Cons

No Health Ins, No retirement, No taxes taken out of check, you better lie to your car insurance company cause they will raise the roof on your premiums if they know you are a courier. Priority even suggested I don't tell them the truth!

100% real examples of working for priority:
    I got paid 72 cents per loaded mile - loaded means I made my pickup and am getting paid for the distance travelled to drop off point.
    You get paid nothing when you have nothing in your car or are travelling to a pickup whether it's 1 mile away or 40 miles away.
    I pickup a job after parking and walking to where I need to go - typically hospitals are involved and a lot of walking is required.
    If I am forced to pay for parking PRIORITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE ME.
    If I travel through 1 or 10 tolls in a day PRIORITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE ME.
    If I am stuck in rush hour traffic I go slower and get paid less.
    If I get stuck for any reason I make less money and you will get stuck in tons of bad situations over the course of time.
    Bad weather? Snow, Ice, or torrential rain? Too bad you get paid less by driving slower or get paid nothing by calling out.
    40 hour work week? Hysterically laughing, not at Priority Express
    You are asked to work 10 hour days 5 days a week! And you never work 10 hour days cause you last job may be done at 10.5 hours or 11 hours and then you have to travel home which could be dozens more miles of driving.

Priority says they have routes available! Since when? THEY DO NOT HAVE ROUTES AVAILABLE except once in a long while. I tried and tried to get one, never happened. I did cover a few routes though. And route drivers never get pay increases whether they work 6 months or 6 years on a route. Yeah and rush work drivers never get raises either. 72 cents a loaded mile has been in effect for years and years.

The fuel surcharge is just a word they like to use to make you think your gas money is covered. Well it's not covered too well, in fact very sparse. Real example of fuel surcharge:
    You drive 325 total miles today.
    183 miles were loaded.
    183 times 72 cents equals $131.76
    8% fuel surcharge adds $10.54 gas money.
    You just got $10.54 for 325 miles driven on the day! Sound good?
    That can barely get you 3 gallons of gas.
    HOnestly if you average 25 mpg and used 13 gallons of gas at say $3.50 per gallon, you burned $45.50 in gas plus $15 in tolls for a total of $60.50
    Ohh yeah you racked up $15 in tolls too, they don't pay you for that!

So lets do a gand total:
    Earned $131.76 in jobs
    Earned $10.54 in fuel surcharge
    Spent $45.50 in gas
    Spent $15 in tolls
    Total earned: $142.30
    Total Spent: $60.50
    Gross for the day: $81.80
    You worked 11 hours (very easy to do)
    You earned $7.44 an hour

Did you spend some money on food or drink during those 11 hours? You earned less. Did you spend on parking? You earned less. Is your vehicle closer to needing more miaintenance like tires, fluids, brakes, belts, hoses, you earned less.

Your vehicle will take a massive beating while working for Priority, count on it!

At least once per year you will be asked to do more work while still getting paid the same rate. Every single change that comes down to the driver and how he handles the job involves asking you to do more which takes more time and you have to work harder to earn less money. There wil be changes from time to time and you will not like it.

And some jobs pay less then 72 cents per mile because certain clients that priority works with have lower paying contracts. Isn't that nice?

You will see new faces constantly because people do not stick around long at this job when they realize the truth. I didn't even cover everything just gave you a taste.

Here is another taste, you will be asked to work each and every holiday, I mean every single one. I mean they are open 24 hrs 7 days 365 days per year. What did you expect?

Better shove out more money for a road service company for when you breakdown.

And one final taste for you
    You must pay a program fee of over $28 a week. This fee is for workers comp and will cost you give or take $1,500 a year. Not one penny of taxes are taken out of your check because you are an independent contractor so you better pay the governement at some point during the year and pay social security also. You got the discipline to do that?

Advice to Management

Better hope potential workers do not read this fact filled review! Look at the competition thy pay more money and pay tolls! Your route sheets are way to complex and the tickets drivers have to write up for each and every job are poorly constructed. The work database used on your cellphones? Well it has issues.