KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Refreshing To Work Here

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm doing meaningful work without micro-management and fluffy KPIs. I love that ProFocus trusts me to do what is right for my candidates and supports me in my decisions. The company cares about me personally and professionally and supports me in what I care about--I get 16 paid volunteer hours each year and unlimited PTO.

Cons

A larger 401k match would be nice.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Oct 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice, professional colleagues and management who care about people and always doing the right thing.

Cons

I can't think of any.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Not about the people, but rather $. Read the fine print if you are accepting an offer w/Nike & ask for specifics.

Dec 7, 2020 - Scrum Master in Beaverton, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Account Manager Aubrey is really helpful and responsive.

Cons

A job description wasn't defined when I accepted the position with a certain rate. After starting was told I'd be working with 3 vs 1 teams (even they agreed that small detail somehow was missed) however when I asked for a rate adjustment based on the increase in responsibility was told there was nothing they could do because I signed at that rate (even without knowing what I actually signed up for). Secondly, I was informed after I accepted the role that I had to take 3 weeks off unpaid over Thanksgiving, Christmas & New year. ProFocus response (even though they actively recruit for Nike) was "It was in the onboarding documentation" which FYI is over 200 pages.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Fantastic Place to Work

Feb 26, 2021 - Technical Lead in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, Knowledgable, Reliable, Honest, Understanding, On Top of their game. At the end of the day, I don't feel like a number but rather a person. Thanks Profocus family!

Cons

Not much day-to-day interactions as you are placed to work in another company. Otherwise, no cons!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

They really walk the talk and talk the walk!

Jul 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

People first, quality-focused, innovative in meeting clients, consultants and community needs. Always willing to help out and do the right thing. Founder goes above and beyond to lead by example. Team is growing and invested in making things happen.

Cons

Growing team so some internal processes are still being ironed out. Not a bad thing but Glassdoor requires a "con".

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

Jul 10, 2020 - Long Term Contractor in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

ProFocus has delivered one of the best experiences out of all the contracting firms I've dealt with in the Portland area. I love the personal touch they provide. Every interaction I have had with the people of ProFocus has been positive.

Cons

Only downside I can think of is that the company is on the smaller side so their reach does not go as far as other contracting firms.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company run by Great People

Oct 18, 2019 - Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They regularly try to find out where they can improve- then actually follow up and make those improvements. In the three years I've been there, they've increased the quality of their healthcare and 401k plans based purely on survey feedback, for example. The staff is also a joy to work with. They're all incredibly friendly, swing by to say hello whenever they're in the building, and frequently host employee lunches and networking events. They put a lot of stock into going above and beyond for their employees- they've held several informational interviews for friends and family who wouldn't be obvious clients and have helped several of them really evaluate their options and decide on their path forward- even if that path wasn't with ProFocus.

Cons

Ultimately they're a staffing agency, which means that your job security really isn't in their hands. All the pros and cons to working at a staffing agency apply here- hourly work, being forced to self-fund your vacations, etc.,

8. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Supportive Staff

Jun 26, 2020 - Release Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am new in the technology field and everyone has been so supportive and with you every step of the way.

Cons

Haven't experienced any cons since I started working with Pro Focus.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid Company to Work With

Dec 6, 2019 - IT Contractor in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment. Some social events and meals, Approachable and kind folks working there. 401k match and health insurance.

Cons

No paid time off. This is more common than not in this line of work. However, some firms do offer it and would be a major benefit to contractors if ProFocus did, of course.

10. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great experience at an opportune time

Oct 17, 2019 - Data Scientist in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the team I’m on, and the exposure to new platforms, collaboration, and Agile methodology. Have a strong analytical background, but this was my first job in the tech industry, and when others did not, ProFocus saw the potential match and connected me with the opportunity: I would not have had this amazing experience without them.

Cons

None, except the inherent uncertainty of contract work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews