Prometheus Real Estate Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Prometheus Real Estate Group President Jackie Safier
Jackie Safier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • One of the great things about Prometheus is the focus on Learning and Development (in 5 reviews)

• They are currently packing up and leaving Sacramento and I unable to move to the Bay area (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • jk - there were no cons for me) (in 5 reviews)

• In fact, they pretend you don't even exist, averting eye contact with anyone below property manager status (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Growth & Great Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Prometheus is a company unlike any other. The culture, the people, and the revolutionary way things are done in our company is what makes Prometheus the perfect place to call HOME for your career. 100% paid benefits for Prometheans and their families, growth opportunities, and a development pipeline that will keep us growing for years to come are just more reasons that make Prometheus the best place to work!

Cons

Hard to come by. Whenever something comes up or feedback is given that something can be improved upon, it is taken seriously and is quickly considered for change or improvement. Roundtables are regularly scheduled with the executive team and field Prometheans for the very purpose to discuss what is working and what could be better.

Advice to Management

I have worked for this company for over 10 years and the only thing I can say is that I couldn't be more proud to work for Prometheus than I am today.

2. "Prometheus is a great place to work!"

Former Employee - Neighbor Ambassador in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Neighbor Ambassador in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prometheus offers countless opportunities for growth and they invest a lot of time and money in their employees. It's clear that they take pride in their Prometheans. Not to mention we get to go to Great America every year!

Cons

When you work at such an innovative company, it makes working for anyone else lack luster.

Advice to Management

N/A

3. "Staff Accountant"

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Good benefits and compensation.
    Good teams and nice environments

Cons

Not much for advancement in Accounting and Finance department

4. "Good place to call home"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Take care of their employees. Full medical benefits!

Cons

somewhat low salaries and pay

5. "Great People, Great Culture. Stands Out From The Rest!"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prometheus is a wonderful place to work! Prometheus promises "Home at Work" and we deliver!

It's a special environment whether you work at one of our many neighborhoods or in Home Office. There is a laid back vibe and a care for all Prometheans. When I say care, I actually mean it! The people around you truly want the best for you and that's a cool feeling to have at your workplace!

Most Prometheus job opportunities are filled by internal promotions or referrals. We develop and grow our talent! There are so many opportunities out there for Prometheans, especially if you live in the Bay Area where we are are the largest private owner of multifamily homes! We're growing too... look out for new neighborhoods coming your way.

We don't try to be like everyone else! We want to be different. We want to be revolutionary! Come view one of our neighborhoods and you'll see that it's not a typical leasing experience.

We give back to the communities we operate in too! Our POrCH program allows Prometheans to volunteer time and get involved. We back it up with our pocketbooks too. Prometheus donates a large amount of money every year to worthy causes.

If you want to work somewhere cold, bottom-line obsessed, then you'll find plenty of companies out there. If you want lots of good vibes, smiles, and warm, fuzzy feelings that sustain you while you work hard with other passionate people, then you're looking at the right company! Prometheus is where it's at! Come on home!

Cons

Prometheus takes all reviews seriously and tries to tackle anything that comes up as a con. That makes it hard to find something that hasn't already been addressed or in process to be addressed. All that said, Prometheans tend to earn a little less then the market warrants for their skillset, talents, and personality. We make up for it in 100% paid benefits and culture but it would be nice to see us make some changes around pay/bonuses.

Advice to Management

You're amazing! Keep listening and allowing us to speak up... even with the craziest of ideas. Thank you!

"Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Leasing Specialist in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Leasing Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent corporate culture (one that takes away the feeling you get from most corporations anyway). The company did well in training their employees for success, benefits and 401k matching aside.

Cons

As a leasing agent, the outcome of the work environment heavily depends on your property manager. Some managers can misguide workloads and instructions that can cause due hardship to the entire property complex's team. Expectations can be prone to exceed what is within your job description, many employees within this company move around to other properties or companies as well - causing a revolving door effect. I find despite the positive mannerisms in this company - certain policies involving their clients are very unfair.

Advice to Management

Hire enough people for the job, make sure they can leave to go home on time by creating large amount of tasks to do. People can tell by your property Yelp reviews that your facade for customers first is fading away.

7. "Neighborhood service tech"

Former Employee - Neigborhood Service Tech I in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Neigborhood Service Tech I in San Jose, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with good benefits and lots of trainings.
    Like how they threatened workers and residents.
    Maybe not the best but different for sure

Cons

Must to learn their language (i love it).
    It has different ways to realize and provide good customer service.
    They have nice way to teach employees working like this.

Advice to Management

They need to raise the salaries (nowadays everybody does that)

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

Apr 26, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your time as a Promethean. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our 100% Benefits offerings and the training and development you received to grow in your... More

8. "Best place to work"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Cares about their employees. Really good on training within their company to help you grow and succeed. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect

Cons

None to put so far

Advice to Management

Look into better discounts for onsite living

9. "The Benchmark of Property Management Companies"

Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, wonderful benefits (100% health care coverage for self and immediate family) tuition reimbursement AND student loan repayment, fellow Prometheans (coworkers) are supportive, helpful and look out for each other (family feel), opportunities to grow and develop with continued development and training.

Cons

Compensation could be a bit higher.

Advice to Management

Keep your people happy and they will yield great results.

10. "Outstanding Company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The culture that this company brings to the table is amazing! You are encouraged to be yourself and have fun. There is always someone there to help you if you have any questions or just need some information. It is a great feeling to know that you get recognized for your hard work and are appreciated!

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your Prometheans and they will continue to build your brand and revolutionize the apartment industry!