Prometheus Real Estate Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Prometheus Real Estate Group President Jackie Safier
Jackie Safier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I've worked in Property Management for 5 years, and Prometheus is by far the best company I have worked for" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great company with good benefits and lots of trainings" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "the only major Con is that the company is located in one of the most expensive places to live in the country, the Bay Area" (in 4 reviews)

• "I really wish we had a satellite Home office for the Portland and Seattle area" (in 3 reviews)

"Great Company Culture"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prometheus strives to set itself apart from other property management companies and I think they do a great job.
    - Great Benefits
    - Good Work/Life Balance
    - Strong emphasis on recognition for a job well done
    -strong leadership
    -Room for professional growth

Cons

Your experience really depends on your direct management. Some departments are much better than others. But overall company is wonderful and it is worth sticking it out with a difficult boss due to the emphasis on professional growth, a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Higher Execs - You do a wonderful job of trying to include the entire company in the inner thought process for the company. Keep up the good work!
    Some Middle Management/Director level - take note of different management techniques and adapt to the one that best fits the individuals on your team. Not everyone responds the same to the same management style.

2. "Great opportunities, but the ceiling is low"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

- fully paid benefits (premiums paid 100%). 401k matching
    - inspiring culture and amazing people to work with
    - volunteer/charity program gives any employee the opportunity to give to a cause if one can demonstrate why it is worthy
    - I am home experience is present in all corners of the company
    - company events multiple times a year that foster the family feel
    - tuition reimbursement and scholarship programs are just a couple examples of how expansive the company’s desire is to see you grow your knowledge and creativity

Cons

- management style, direction, and skill varies widely. Sometimes difficult to navigate compatible and mutual work efforts.
    - several departments are understaffed and overworked. Often when a position becomes vacant, existing employees are asked to take on extra work to fill the void for long periods of time with no incentive, overtime, or designated time frame.
    - opportunity to grow is abundant (pro) until a certain point (con). Higher level opportunities in nearly all departments are limited.
    - career titles are often misleading or don’t match the job descriptions well, making resume building difficult at times
    - low housing discount

Advice to Management

The initiative and effort is enormous and apparent! The drive to create a unique and thriving space for all employees to flourish and make an amazing career are evident. Keep it up!

Please consider adding more positions within most (if not all) departments in home office and in the field. We want to keep striving higher, but you’ll need to create a larger space above the midpoint of progression.

Also, more continuous training, especially for any managerial position, would ensure more consistency in management and make your teams much happier and eager to surpass goals.

3. "The don't have any safety protocols and the terminate people faster went the have accident or simple mistakes"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits 20% discount for the rent

Cons

Plase been more human went some of yours employees had accident in work or do not keeping promises went cant make

Advice to Management

Dont bee like robots

4. "Family like company"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paid benefits and amazing training opportunities.

Cons

Work life balance is pretty horrible. Seems like it depends on who is your manager. They expect you to work 24 hours 7 days a week. Taking time off is always viewed as negative.

Advice to Management

Find more staff to run properties

5. "Neighbor Ambassador"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Good pay and great benefits

Cons

may deal with difficult neighbors

6. "Prometheus may have nascent career for you."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Home office and Corporate management radiates a strong inspiration! Good benefits. Stylish uniform garments. Seldom Team lunches. Lots of opportunities for voluntary work (giving back to community). Too many to list here.

Cons

Could be better communications. Pay can benefit from increase. No possibility for overtime work.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work. Your inspiration is the best thing there is to motivate!

"A Company that Encourages"

Current Employee - Office Services Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Office Services Manager in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Prometheus encouraged me to fulfill one of my life goals- and that was to attain my MBA in business administration. They did this by assisting me with the heavy financial burden that might have kept me from my goal. The tuition reimbursement program here helped with close to 1/3 of my educational expenses. Along with the financial assistance, my teams guidance and support played an important role along my educational journey.

Cons

Nothing I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Please continue to support employee education efforts

"NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Benefits, decent pay and nice people to work with.

Cons

-Impossible to get PTO approved ( you have to find coverage when all other offices are short staffed or understaffed).
    -Need to leave early? not gonna happen.
    -Recently adjusted office hours so someone has to stay until 7pm, with traffic you wont be home until at least 8pm.
    -Home office constantly is eliminating staffing positions in the field to save money when the company is very profitable and having great YOY increase in profits.

Advice to Management

-Give the field team some work/life balance
    -Stop trying to cut corners in staffing just to save a buck.

"Prometheus"

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Alameda, CA

Pros

Competitive pay, plenty of room for growth, tight it community, honorable core values, committed to doing the right thing, over all very happy here.

Cons

A lot of training on "who you should be" and not as much training on the systems or how to excel in your role. Hard to get training for your next promotion because the day to day is so busy.

10. "The Best Place to Work, says all the lists and I"

Former Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genuine interest in feedback and improvements from all levels of the organization, good compensation and benefits, amazing recognition programs, great hiring and recruiting processes to make sure they get the best people

Cons

Based primarily in the Bay Area, so being in a satellite region is not as optimal

Advice to Management

Don't change too much, the secret sauce is working