Prometheus Real Estate Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Prometheus Real Estate Group President Jackie Safier
Jackie Safier

Pros
  • Great company with good benefits and lots of trainings (in 8 reviews)

• They are currently packing up and leaving Sacramento and I unable to move to the Bay area (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • jk - there were no cons for me) (in 5 reviews)

• In fact, they pretend you don't even exist, averting eye contact with anyone below property manager status (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Growth & Great Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Prometheus is a company unlike any other. The culture, the people, and the revolutionary way things are done in our company is what makes Prometheus the perfect place to call HOME for your career. 100% paid benefits for Prometheans and their families, growth opportunities, and a development pipeline that will keep us growing for years to come are just more reasons that make Prometheus the best place to work!

Cons

Hard to come by. Whenever something comes up or feedback is given that something can be improved upon, it is taken seriously and is quickly considered for change or improvement. Roundtables are regularly scheduled with the executive team and field Prometheans for the very purpose to discuss what is working and what could be better.

Advice to Management

I have worked for this company for over 10 years and the only thing I can say is that I couldn't be more proud to work for Prometheus than I am today.

2. "Neighborhood service tech"

Former Employee - Neigborhood Service Tech I in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Neigborhood Service Tech I in San Jose, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with good benefits and lots of trainings.
    Like how they threatened workers and residents.
    Maybe not the best but different for sure

Cons

Must to learn their language (i love it).
    It has different ways to realize and provide good customer service.
    They have nice way to teach employees working like this.

Advice to Management

They need to raise the salaries (nowadays everybody does that)

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

Apr 26, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your time as a Promethean. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our 100% Benefits offerings and the training and development you received to grow in your ... More

"Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Leasing Specialist in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Leasing Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent corporate culture (one that takes away the feeling you get from most corporations anyway). The company did well in training their employees for success, benefits and 401k matching aside.

Cons

As a leasing agent, the outcome of the work environment heavily depends on your property manager. Some managers can misguide workloads and instructions that can cause due hardship to the entire property complex's team. Expectations can be prone to exceed what is within your job description, many employees within this company move around to other properties or companies as well - causing a revolving door effect. I find despite the positive mannerisms in this company - certain policies involving their clients are very unfair.

Advice to Management

Hire enough people for the job, make sure they can leave to go home on time by creating large amount of tasks to do. People can tell by your property Yelp reviews that your facade for customers first is fading away.

5. "The Benchmark of Property Management Companies"

Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, wonderful benefits (100% health care coverage for self and immediate family) tuition reimbursement AND student loan repayment, fellow Prometheans (coworkers) are supportive, helpful and look out for each other (family feel), opportunities to grow and develop with continued development and training.

Cons

Compensation could be a bit higher.

Advice to Management

Keep your people happy and they will yield great results.

6. "Outstanding Company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The culture that this company brings to the table is amazing! You are encouraged to be yourself and have fun. There is always someone there to help you if you have any questions or just need some information. It is a great feeling to know that you get recognized for your hard work and are appreciated!

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your Prometheans and they will continue to build your brand and revolutionize the apartment industry!

7. "Amazing Culture, Amazing Team, Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Mountain View, CA

Pros

If you are looking for a company that cares about its people Prometheus is it! I’ve been with Prometheus for a little over 3 years now and it that time have been able to grow my career from a Neighbor Ambassador to an Assistant Neighborhood Director. Whatever your goals are, you will have the full support of the company to get you there. From our amazing Learning and Development team making sure you hit the ground running with some of the best training around and your personal Playbook Coach seeing you through your first 2 weeks, to continued training like our Quest Programs to prepare you for a management role (available for Neighborhood Service Managers, Assistant Neighborhood Directors, and Neighborhood Directors).
    Beyond caring about its Prometheans, Prometheus also believes in building better Neighborhoods, with our program POrCH all Prometheans are encouraged to volunteer for non profits that they are passionate about. We’ve provided support to some amazing local organizations such as Family House, Loaves and Fishes, Humane Society, Habitat for Humanity, and Outdoors for All, just to name a few, and Prometheus gives back 30% of its profits to charity. Not many other companies that say that.
    The benefits are unmatched in our industry, with full health care coverage, discounted gym memberships, and even your birthday is considered a Holiday every year! But don’t just take my word for how awesome this company is; take a look at some of the many awards we’ve won: 100 Best Workplaces for Women 2016, Large Business “Best of the Best” Award, Best Places to Work (2016, 2015, 2014), and Property Management Company of the Year 2015 just to name a few!
    I’m happy to call Prometheus HOME and look forward to the years to come with them.

Cons

No cons at the moment

8. "Great Company with Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth and improvement in your career,.

Cons

None that I have experienced. Everyone is very loving and caring and they definitely value employees.

9. "Will retire with this company"

Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Culture
    Volunteer work
    Benefits
    Home office makes us all feel like part of a family.

Cons

Not much room for growth in the Portland region. Would love to stay with this company but the lack of areas to grow into are limiting for those reaching to achieve more in their career.

Advice to Management

Shadow a field employee every quarter so you can have a refresher course on what its like to be in our position day to day. Might help when creating new DOPs or POPs.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Asset Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Asset Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love the work environment and culture

Cons

Not a lot of cons, great place to learn and have direct contact with Sr Management

11. "Great benefits"

Former Employee - Property Director in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Property Director in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish more companies would emphasize the importance of the health of their employees and employees family members and offer to pay 100% of medical benefits.

Cons

No matter the level you enter the company there is an abundance of training whether your experienced or not. I feel they should personaluze training for different levels of expertise.

Advice to Management

Be selective when granting power and authority, know your people, listen to your employees. They are the best source of feed back.