Prometheus Real Estate Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Prometheus Real Estate Group CEO Jackie Safier
Jackie Safier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Prometheus strives to set itself apart from other property management companies and I think they do a great job" (in 10 reviews)

• "Great company with good benefits and lots of trainings" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "the only major Con is that the company is located in one of the most expensive places to live in the country, the Bay Area" (in 4 reviews)

• "Impossible to get PTO approved ( you have to find coverage when all other offices are short staffed or understaffed)" (in 4 reviews)

1. "One of the most supportive company cultures to work in"

Former Employee - Regional Neighborhood Ambassador in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Neighborhood Ambassador in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The playbooking period is an exceptionally well thought out process that brings incoming neighborhood ambassadors up to speed
    Build relationships with neighbors
    Builds a very competitive skill set
    People at home office/on site prometheans are very supportive
    Very unique work culture (red, blue, Ollie, etc.)

Cons

As a regional leasing Specialist, it would sometimes be difficult getting work out of the way with no basis or context
    Lots of driving (although they give gas allowance)
    Neighbors who try to bargain fixed prices

Advice to Management

Lessen the properties covered by regional leasing specialists to 3-4. That way it’d be easier to cover important details should any conflicts between neighbors arise.

2. "Prometheus, A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Neighborhood Director

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Advancement Opportunities (Promote Within), Enjoyable Culture, Paid Benefits, Transparency and Good Communication from Management, Constant Change in Order to Improve the Company, and Working with People who Genuinely Care About Others.

Cons

With the goal of constant change for the better, brings many pilots to your workplace. Some of which makes tasks harder or more confusing for a period of time. However the management team does do a great job of weeding out the pilots that work and those that do not.

"Lucky!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Prometheus over a year ago and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

- Culture, Culture, Culture
    - 100% paid benefits
    - Amazing Training
    - Innovation

Cons

- We could use more Prometheans on Leasing and Maintenance

Feb 20, 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for the feedback. We appreciate hearing the elements that have made your last year with us top notch. Nice to hear the areas we can pick things up a bit.

4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* 100% paid benefits for me & my family
    * lots of growth opportunities
    * great culture/people

Cons

* very fast-paced environment
    * some properties are short-staffed

Advice to Management

Overstaff!

Listen to the engagement surveys the employees take and make the actionable items transparent.

Feb 4, 2019 – Recruiter

Thanks for sharing that this is a “great place to work”. Knowing that you have spent over five years with us is the biggest compliment we can receive. Thank you for the candid comments around... More

5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Pay for benefits
    Best culture for a large company
    great home office that communicates well about engagement responses

Cons

Pay is low-by paying benefits they think of this as a "well, we do pay benefits"

Advice to Management

Match/ exceed pay salaries for likeable property mgt positions in the bay area

Feb 20, 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for sending four stars our way. We appreciate your candid comments. It is feedback like this helps us to continue looking at ways to be innovative and stay competitive.

6. "Love Love Love this company"

Current Employee - Neighbor Ambassador in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Neighbor Ambassador in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wake up every morning feeling blessed to work for a company that makes me happy!
    Awesome benefits
    Awesome work environment

Cons

Not negative but is a Fast paced training process

Advice to Management

🥰

Jan 24, 2019 – Recruiter

We “love love love” your kind note. Hearing that you wake up each morning eager to tackle the day and feel lucky to be a part of this organization is just the fuel we need to keep pushing the... More

7. "Amazing Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Operations in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Prometheus values their Prometheans (employees) to make sure everyone feels at home at work. They cover benefits for you and your dependents, offer tuition reimbursement for those pursuing higher education, new hires receive top notch training with people alongside their onboarding to make sure they have help every step of the way, a recognition program to highlight all the hard work, and they give back to the community through events and generous donations. What more can you ask for?

Cons

Maybe more locations for those who have a longer commute.

Jan 24, 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for the incredibly warm kudos. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed and appreciated the welcome training. We hope the next three years are just as special as the first ones.

8. "HOME for my Career"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Love the people and what we stand for as a company; love that you can be yourself and that individuality is celebrated; love the recognition and teamwork; Love our design elements and that we are unlike any other PMC

Cons

It is really hard to find good people and some of our neighborhoods have been short-staffed

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing the great work that Prometheans are doing at every level of the organization.

Jan 24, 2019 – Recruiter

We're glad to hear that you've found a home here at Prometheus. Thank you for the feedback & advice (especially regarding our staffing).

9. "Great opportunities, but the ceiling is low"

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

- fully paid benefits (premiums paid 100%). 401k matching
    - inspiring culture and amazing people to work with
    - volunteer/charity program gives any employee the opportunity to give to a cause if one can demonstrate why it is worthy
    - I am home experience is present in all corners of the company
    - company events multiple times a year that foster the family feel
    - tuition reimbursement and scholarship programs are just a couple examples of how expansive the company’s desire is to see you grow your knowledge and creativity

Cons

- management style, direction, and skill varies widely. Sometimes difficult to navigate compatible and mutual work efforts.
    - several departments are understaffed and overworked. Often when a position becomes vacant, existing employees are asked to take on extra work to fill the void for long periods of time with no incentive, overtime, or designated time frame.
    - opportunity to grow is abundant (pro) until a certain point (con). Higher level opportunities in nearly all departments are limited.
    - career titles are often misleading or don’t match the job descriptions well, making resume building difficult at times
    - low housing discount

Advice to Management

The initiative and effort is enormous and apparent! The drive to create a unique and thriving space for all employees to flourish and make an amazing career are evident. Keep it up!

Please consider adding more positions within most (if not all) departments in home office and in the field. We want to keep striving higher, but you’ll need to create a larger space above the midpoint of progression.

Also, more continuous training, especially for any managerial position, would ensure more consistency in management and make your teams much happier and eager to surpass goals.

Jan 24, 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and insight. It's always great to hear the positives, but we also appreciate you sharing the opportunities and areas that we can improve... More

10. "The don't have any safety protocols and the terminate people faster went the have accident or simple mistakes"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Portland, OR

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits 20% discount for the rent

Cons

Plase been more human went some of yours employees had accident in work or do not keeping promises went cant make

Advice to Management

Dont bee like robots

Jan 24, 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're hoping that you were able to share your concerns during your exit interview as well, but if you have any... More