KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Jackie Safier
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low(in 8 reviews)
  • "All properties in the portoflio are ran by different managers, some are not as bright or hardwork as others.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Upper management is accountable for close to nothing and frequently pawn off their tasks on subordinates, while taking all credit.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love this company

Jun 3, 2022 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, insurance and schedule

Cons

No cons for the right person in the position

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company, great people! A place to grow!

Mar 21, 2022 - Operations in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Prometheus for over a decade and honestly can't see myself working for any other PMC. Prometheus is committed to provide the best experience for our customers (our neighbors) as well as our Prometheans. I have been given so many opportunities to learn and grow as a leader and as a person. Their true investment is into the people! And in turn I can apply these leadership lessons and pass them on to my Prometheans. But more important than that, Prometheus focuses on the individual person. I truly feel cared for at work. I can be my authentic self, speak up with ideas or concerns, find the balance needed for my work and personal life and connect with wonderful Prometheans on a daily basis. Especially through these past two years which have not been easy on anyone Prometheus has time and time again done right by its Prometheans from extra days off to celebrate holidays with loved ones to support from all levels of the organization for our daily operation.

Cons

I don't think there are many cons if any. As shared above, feedback is paramount at Prometheus and sought out by leadership. If I had to give one piece of constructive feedback here, it would be that turnaround on acting on some of those opportunities can be a bit slow from time to time. Things get vetted thoroughly and implementation of initiatives is thoughtful though which might be what slows things down here and there.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Looking for a place to call home?

Jan 13, 2022 - Leasing & Experience Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for major companies and have never felt at home at work until I found Prometheus. From my first orientation, I felt I was in the right place, with the right people, in the right environment. Everyone at Prometheus is warm and inviting. Your opinions and ideas are valued and welcomed. You get to be creative and think outside the box, plan neighbor events, and make everyone truly feel at home. You'll find a true work to life balance with paid holidays- including your birthday! Paid healthcare including dental and eyecare has been essential in this every changing world. Job security in this unknown time has truly eased my stress and worries. Prometheus believes in growing their own and investing in their people. There is major opportunity for growth and advancement! I have received two promotions during this pandemic, and I know I am not alone. If you're looking for a place to call home- you've found it!

Cons

Honestly, I am a horrible person to answer this question. Maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses- but I am not taking them off anytime soon.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Growth is welcomed and encouraged!

May 20, 2022 - Portfolio Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Personal growth and professional growth is one in the same with this firm.

Cons

More recognition. Better work/life balance examples from leadership.

5. 5.0

More than benefits

Sep 2, 2021 - Assistant Property Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I started working for this company I knew the importance of good benefits but I never thought I would need them, but some benefits are more than what are on your paystub. Earlier this year I became extremely sick and was hospitalized for several months. Our amazing health insurance has picked up the tab for EVERYTHING but what is amazing is my work family. My actual family is not in the area and most of the time was not able to be here for me, knowing this, with out me asking and no hesitation my team was there for me, taking me to doctors appointments, sitting with me in the hospital, and even helping me keep track of my disability insurance. Everyone here wanted me to just rest and get better, doing what ever they could to reduce my stress & worry. I would have home cooked meals brought to me on those days I was at home and calls and check ins to make sure I was getting better and had whatever I needed. People can say anything they want but it is their actions that show you who they really are. The actions of my fellow Prometheans have shown me how much I am cared for! This group of people are truly amazing and I am so blessed to call them my work family!

Cons

The only con is that we are not located closer to my family so I can be near them and still work for this amazing company.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Improvements can be made

Jun 6, 2022 - Neighbor Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people are genuinely caring and kind and just great people.

Cons

Communication between top leadership is lacking. Tend to be overworked as they get one property manager for 2 or 3 properties.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bad pay petty management

Jun 7, 2022 - Neighbor Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Full paid benefits - Hiring within for most positions - Fun events

Cons

- Nepotism - Low pay - More work than worth the pay

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company culture & work life balance!

Jan 13, 2022 - Neighborhood Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Prometheus is one of the best property management groups to be a part of. You are embraced and feel like you are working with a team that is truly family. Prometheus has taken care of me and my family during this challenging time with fully covered benefits, housing discounts, and paid holidays. Previously, I was worried about job security before joining Prometheus during the pandemic. With Prometheus, I haven’t worried about that once! I am truly excited to come into work and see my team each morning! I find comfort in knowing my job is secured with ample room for growth. Unlike other companies, your ideas truly matter and are taken into consideration. Prometheus not only genuinely cares for our neighbors (residents) but us as Prometheans (employees) I'm truly grateful for my Prometheus family. This is the place to be! You will not regret it.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons, this is truly the best place to work!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Culture is important!

Jan 19, 2022 - Regional Neighborhood Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Regardless of your position, your status or how long you have been with the company EVERYONE is available to be reached, every decision is discussed and the BUY-IN is explained in detail. Culture is huge within Prometheus, they want you to feel good working here and also provide opportunities that other property mgt companies simply do not do. I can't stress the importance of being able to see the WHY behind the ask in our day-to-day tasks and it's very helpful. Our teams are valued and given the opportunity to shine even in a hard market that has plenty of challenges.

Cons

Employee Housing should be 50% off for every Promethean and there shouldn't be a waiting list. I'm sure there are reasons why they only offer it to a few but if they want everyone excited to live in one of the neighborhoods than that same energy should be for their employees.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Very happy to be a Promethean

Mar 9, 2022 - Upper Level Management in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reliable benefit program that takes care of your entire family. A culture that fosters taking care of people first. Purpose drive organization. Career growth that is flexible (don't be afraid to call your shot and ask for what you want). Independently held organization.

Cons

If it was bad, I would go find employment elsewhere. Very happy to be a Promethean. Grateful in fact.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 160 Reviews

Prometheus Real Estate Group Reviews FAQs

Prometheus Real Estate Group has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 168 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Prometheus Real Estate Group to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Prometheus Real Estate Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Prometheus Real Estate Group. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

81% of Prometheus Real Estate Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Prometheus Real Estate Group 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Prometheus Real Estate Group to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Prometheus Real Estate Group Job Seekers