RG Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
RG CEO Brad King
Brad King

Pros
  • A handful of good people left, suffering like an animal in a trap (in 4 reviews)

• Great company that values employees well being (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication across the company could be improved, but it is clear senior management is taking steps to address it (in 6 reviews)

• He simply never understood the business nor had the respect of the on site employees (in 5 reviews)

"Fair fir with above average benefits"

Current Employee - Creative Services Director in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Creative Services Director in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at RG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

HR department was very supportive and helpful.

Cons

Their offices are on different floors of a building, which makes for disjointed communications sometimes. Not as much collaboration as one would like. It is a somewhat "siloed: organization.

Advice to Management

Encourage more collaboration and knowledgesharing

"Impending collapse is sad but true."

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

No accomplished hard workers left, but there are a few good people....

I hear the long time receptionist is still manning the phones.

Thats about it folks

Cons

I spoke with a former colleague at a conference last week and got an update on RG. It seems like the RG where I worked for many years is about to fold. Makes me said.

I left in 2014, because the firm was rudderless. It was rotten from the top. The company was then in a downward spiral because of the mid market squeeze and the appointment of a chief executive who had been fired from his last 3 jobs. He simply never understood the business nor had the respect of the on site employees. A must have in business.

The 2 remaining customers who I remain close with have lost complete faith in the brand which explains the plummeting revenue and rebranding.

The last straw for me was the constant change in benefits. I had no stability for my family. It really got bad as the firm changed healthcare providers 3 times in my last five years.

Everything screamed of desperation.

Advice to Management

I would not recommend RG to anyone. There are many other firms that were started by former employees. Look there.

To be fair, some of this was pre-determined by the market. I would spend every day trying to find a similar company to merge with and hope you will be on the top of that transaction, but I would not count on it.

"Run! Run Fast and Far!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RG (More than 10 years)

Pros

I cannot think of a single reason to jump on board this rapidly sinking ship, unless you are between jobs and are killing time before moving on, or want a first-hand lesson in how NOT to run a company. I gave it a 1 star rating as Glassdoor will not accept 0 stars.

Cons

Everything. Lack of leadership, lack of management, lack of any culture beyond simple survival (which is impossible), poor benefits, poor equipment...poor everything. This "organization" is a dark mirror of how business should be run. While laying off many staff a few years ago self-delusional management published a pamphlet "The Heart of RG" boasting of non-existent company values; many of the employees inked over the title to read "The HEARTLESS RG"); a North Korean labor camp has better moral.

Advice to Management

Give up. You are an embarrassment to the title "management; selfish, incompetent, blind to any faults you have; why go on; you simply cannot succeed

4. "Walking the talk..."

Current Employee - Engagement Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Engagement Leader in Washington, DC

I have been working at RG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recent changes in ownership have resulted in refreshing changes in senior leadership. The old guard is gone and the remaining management seems to really (finally) reflect the founder's values.

Cons

The company is stretching its support staff to get after some exciting new opportunities, but folks are starting to feel the pressure.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the work-life balance of the staff that are engaged in new business capture - exhausted teams can make mistakes.

"Fabricating Customer Driven Results"

Current Employee - Hopeful Senior Consultant in Hill AFB, UT
    Current Employee - Hopeful Senior Consultant in Hill AFB, UT

I have been working at RG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new to the RG team, yet I feel my input and enthusiasm are valued by my team members as well as my site lead as if I had years on project. I am currently working at a remote site and enjoy the level of interactivity I have with the customer as well as improving our product.

RG as a company is seeing new light in our recent transition to our new CEO.

With the mindset of consolidating our reach to a more precisely delivered product and personal experience for our customers.

I see RG taking a step forward after several years of hibernation.

Reimbursement of self improvement (certifications, college degrees, training). This is a huge perk that can go as far as your self motivation allows you.

Cons

A lot of talk from vetted team members about the lack of pay increase, especially in high cost of living areas. I believe this to be due to the change of ownership and leadership at the corporate level several times over the years, not so much the depreciation of the RG employee workforce.

Junior and Senior levels seem to be incorrectly provisioned in terms of employee talent and what they bring to the table.

A degree is only a nice piece of paper when it is not backed by talent or motivation.

Consider a more modern approach to hiring. Talent leaves when it realizes it is doing the work for incompetent others that are being paid substantially more due to their "title, tenure and qualifications".

Advice to Management

Push to get trend setters and those up to date with the NOW in technology at the forefront of contract agreements and technology discussion.

We have people in positions that barely understand the technology they are representing. This is bad business practice for a technology driven organization, especially when a tech savvy current or potential customer is in the room.

"Great Place To Work...Change Is Good!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at RG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RG's human capital is some of the best in the industry and one of the best to learn from. Senior Level management has had some of the changes over the last few months, and I think the energy and focus is a very good thing. Senior Leadership is open to new ideas and innovation and bring the RG team closer and ensuring the communication is being clearly sent from "Top to Bottom" .

Cons

Growth opportunities and bonus potential.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns. It means alot to people within the organization.

"I have a career, not just a job."

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at RG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people and culture are the best parts of RG. I work with genuine individuals who show up every to work hard and make a difference for our customers. The company has a unique vibe that I haven't encountered anywhere else.

When I joined RG, it was just to get a new job because I was trying to get out of my previous company. I didn't expect to be here this long, but what started as a job has evolved into a career. RG has supported me with furthering my education and giving me opportunities to take on more responsibility when I was ready.

Cons

People work all over the country at RG so it's a challenge to get a sense of community beyond the site you work at.

Advice to Management

There has been a lot of change over the years. Even though change can be good, it can be scary. Connect with people at every level - and face to face when possible - because that is what will help make change we encounter less intimidating.

"Exciting Opportunities"

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at RG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Strong collaboration with new leadership team
    - VERY healthy pipeline of growth opportunities across the business
    - Top notch on-site leadership (Engagement Leads)

Cons

- Small Business preference by Gov has limited opportunities for RG to be Prime Contractor
    - Opportunities to grow have been limited, but positive changes have been made to address
    - Still lacks the brand recognition the company deserves

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with focused capabilities and trust in front line leaders. Keep up the executive touch of site visits, town halls, etc...

"Great experience as a consultant at Robbins-Gioia"

Former Employee - Cybersecurity Consultant in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Cybersecurity Consultant in Sumter, SC

I worked at RG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I definitely rate Robbins-Gioia as a great place to work and grow.

Leadership/management is attentive, thoughtful, and provide great corporate support to client-facing staff. The entire leadership team, from corporate staff down to on-site managers, are well-tuned-in to client needs and how to best support them as part of an integrated team. Robbins-Gioia’s (RG) reputation with existing clients is excellent and that only helps on-site consultants to do their jobs with a sense of pride.

RG is great about recruiting and hiring vets and former military. They participate in numerous recruiting events throughout the year, including military-focused ones, and actively seek out and cultivate the best ones to join the team.

RG provides a particular emphasis on the growth and development of young talent. Although I happen to no longer work there, it is clearly a company that once you land there, you don’t want to leave. It is small-enough so that one doesn’t feel like a faceless number. You feel like an individual and an important member of the team. It is large enough that it can offer a broad and diverse range of opportunities across its customer portfolio.

Cons

I experienced no noteworthy cons during my tenure there.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and seek the right opportunities while promoting a positive culture with a diversity of talent and experience. Continue to take care of the team and let the team develop. Mission success will follow.

"Broken"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at RG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A paycheck. Ok Health benefits.

Cons

Absent management. No identity. Management does not solicit or hears its employees. Not much left! Stop telling management to write positive outlooks!

Advice to Management

Re Tool. Get to the customer needs. Need employees with real experiences and skill sets.