RIIS Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at RIIS full-time

Pros

If you work at RIIS you'll be alongside some of the brightest people in the industry. Very nurturing environment where anyone will help you grow and succeed. Everyone is obsessed with growth and learning, which is awesome. Excellent compensation and benefits with a good work/life balance. The people RIIS hires have great personalities. There are no egos, cliques, secrets, etc. - it's all about developing great software for clients, taking pride in your work, and having fun. Everyone at the company is a valuable contributor - complacency, politics, and failure are not tolerated. If you're fortunate enough to have someone at RIIS reach out to you I highly recommend pursuing the opportunity.

Cons

All the cons of the consulting/contracting industry. However RIIS does everything in their power to mitigate these cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing. As the company grows don't lose the great culture you have.

2. "Great place to work . Incredibly great company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Pros

Awesome place to work.Great attention to each and every employee. They care about employees so much. Yearly training/conference/certification. Quarterly outings .

PUNCH LINE: Anything for a RIIS employee.

Cons

I have not seen or heard(from coworkers) anything bad yet. I will definitely let you know if I come across anything bad

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at RIIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with RIIS for over 2 1/2 years and in management for the past year. I have been extremely impressed how important the work culture and taking care of our people is at the highest level of the organization. They never seem to settle with what we currently offer but instead challenge management to continuously find new ways/benefits to excite our employees. Training is huge here as well. If someone wants a place that will help them manage their career growth this is the place!

Cons

Would like to see us bring in even more interns and apprentices each year. We have such a great opportunity here with awesome senior level people that can assist in training and mentoring .

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and never lose site of our most valuable asset....the people!

4. "Great Company, Great People, Great Results"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at RIIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RIIS is an amazing place to work. Every employee is part of a larger team/family, and no matter what client site you're at or project you're on, you always have RIIS to count on.

Our internal projects are great and the team atmosphere is energizing. You're able to think for yourself and are given whatever latitude is necessary to get your job done. We celebrate success and we don't justify failures.

This is a family, and if you're lucky enough to join this team - you'll know what it means to be a part of something special.

The work is great, the client portfolio is well diversified, and the people are amazing. You won't find a company that takes care of their people like RIIS. Many companies say they're a family and have an amazing team...RIIS says it, and proves it to you by their actions.

Cons

None to really speak of. Just don't become another company filling seats, continue doing what you're doing by building a brand of people.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the people/the team, don't dilute the quality for quantity.

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Troy, MI

Pros

Great culture, great people! Leadership truly recognizes the value of the people that work there. Multiple company wide activities per year to make sure even off-site consultants feel as though they are part of the team. Huge believers in career growth, training, conferences, etc. Very flexible work schedule as long as the work is getting done.

Cons

I haven't found any yet!

6. "Really Interesting Innovative Solutions (R.I.I.S)"

Current Intern - Network Intern in Troy, MI
    Current Intern - Network Intern in Troy, MI

I have been working at RIIS as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Really awesome place to work. Everyone is super nice. If you have any problems that you need solved, there is almost always a person who will be able to help you out.

Cons

There is no company sports team. I mean I feel like we have a good amount of people who would be willing to participate in a company softball league or soccer even.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the same thing.

7. "1.5 yr employee"

Current Employee - Mobile Applications Developer in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Mobile Applications Developer in Troy, MI

Pros

Work with great clients and projects, flexible hours, no corporate culture, relaxed dress code, 40 hour work week, competitive pay, good benefits and time off.

Cons

Work may require you to work at a client's headquarters. But RIIS does take into account in what area you would want to work in and try to put you at a location that suites you.

8. "home away from home"

I have been working at RIIS full-time

Pros

I love the "word hard, play hard" atmosphere! The work culture is amazing. I never feel stressed out at RIIS. We celebrate all the employee's birthdays with treats and cards, it is a great place to work! The HR team made me feel at ease when I started at RIIS.

Cons

Can't say there is one!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!