Rappi Reviews | Glassdoor

Rappi Reviews

Updated Jan 1, 2020

3.5
Rappi CEO Simón Borrero (no image)
Simón Borrero
Pros
Cons
  • "O que mais me incomodou foi a falta de organiza(in 34 reviews)

• "(in 17 reviews)

"iOS Technical Lead"

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good Salary - Growing Company - Good Environment - Remote work - Benefits

Cons

- The work is not organized

Rappi2019-10-28
  2. "Android Engineer"

Current Employee - Android Software Engineer in Medellín, Antioquia

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning experience to start

Cons

Work life balance, you have to be ready at any time

Rappi2020-01-02
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "The time I’ve learned the most"

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well payed, good work ambiance, work with HQ people

Cons

Not organized, no training for the employees

Rappi2019-12-03

"Not quite the best choice"

Former Employee - Backend Developer in Bogotá, Bogota

I worked at Rappi full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You learn a lot. - Tools flexibility. - Nice, young and fun people (team-dependant). - Good location in Bogotá. - Over-the-average salaries (for Colombian salaries at least, but you have to ask for it, a lot). - 'Flexible' hours. - Tangible impact. Possibility to see your code being used, in a short time. - Possibility to switch teams (again, after asking a lot) and even traveling (usually between Argentina, Colombia and Mexico). - Easy interview process (which is not necessarily something nice).

Cons

- More work, zero life: 24/7 duties. No planning. Nothing. Weekends, holidays? I don't think so, buddy. - Zero perks policy: Not even homeoffice is standardized. Not even coffee. For a tech company. NO COFFEE. And not even free coupons in the coffee shop that is next to the building. You won't even get markers. Good thing they have nice back-bending chairs (which are constantly stolen). - No tech path available: You will only get random titles, maybe some salary changes and maybe a few stock options... but you won't have a clear path, defined roles nor any kind of clear requirements for each role. - Boot licking method: The more you lick, the better you do. Stick to the first developers group and you will do great. Even if you suck at your job. - QA: Quality uncertAinty. Standards? Nope. Test coverage? Nope. Branch coverage? What's that? Automated testing? What kind of click and check is that? Qualified QA engineer? Nah, we better use random call center guys that'd like to have a better salary. And if they want more, we should promote them to Project Managers. - Are you a Tech Manager? You're overqualified: Just like that. No proper technique. No tech background (in most cases). Random methodologies. Bad estimation. Unexisting emotional intelligence. - Thanks for your hard work, I'll be taking credit now: Zero recognition (in order to get a raise, you'll need to do it yourself). Rarely a "thank you". Working until 4 am? That's ok, anyhow I did everything. No feedback, nothing. - Fake promises: Nice, stock options (after you threaten to leave). Lets not explain anything a promise exorbitant levels that we won't probably reach. Also, let's speak about stuff we are not going to do, like getting personal lockers or a real eating area. - Non-existent culture: No standards, no vision, no value, no identity (tech-related). - Are you leaving? Ok, bye: One of the worst retentions I've ever heard of. "Well, here you have a small bunch of stock options, $150 more, and you'll need to be working twice as hard"... yeah, no. A friend didn't even get a counter offer, but they kindly asked him to stay. Nice fellas. - You get a Tech Lead position! And you get a Tech Lead position! Everyone gets a tech lead position! : Were you a tech lead in your team before you switched? No worries, you're still one here as well, even though you don't even know the names of our repos. We love to have underqualified tech leads (whose contract position is still a developer, btw, it's just for ego, jejeps), and we love to have multiples tech leads, so they can fight between them and only the stronger survives. Survival of the fittest, such an enjoyable thing. - Two parties per year, drinks, food and fun not included: Just like that... if you're lucky we might give you a ber. - Hire more, lay them off afterwards: Two years in a row, let's wait for the next one. Such a trust-building company! - HR? HAHAHAHA: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. For real, it doesn't exist. Even a rock is more efficient. - The early bird gets burnt: Oh, did you arrive at 7:00? I didn't saw that. I really do hope you stay at least until 20:00 or we should replace you. - Zero inclusion policy: Disabled? Religious? Gay? Any kind of vulnerable population? Ja. Also, you must really check in which team you choose to work as a woman. - Would you like some access to... nope. Just nope. Unless I like you. - Formation? Talks? Courses? Conferences? Here, there you got a google link. Learn. (I know it's a perk, but it's important to mention). - "Can you please rearchitect this whole ecosystem? Can you launch it tomorrow? Thanks! I'm counting on it": Well, it was more like an order, but you get the idea. - Instead of promoting remote work, let's travel to this other headquarter so you can waste your time there! : You won't even get chance to get to know the area... Unless you're one of the extras we wasted our money on and brought here because you were nice to us. - Let's use this "temporal" solution for this "temporal" problem. Xoxo. - In Colombia you get a 60%-40% salary policy. That means you'll only get 60% of your salary for social security and for your vacations you'll only get 60%. - Welcome! Let me show you the onboarding process: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA. Good luck, dud. I expect to have this new feature for tomorrow. - Writing glass door reviews take too long. Please, fix your company. I still have like 15 more facts but I'm tired.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people (ESPECIALLY QA AND MANAGERS). Appreciate your developers. Build an environment where you'd like to work at. Did you let some people go? Did they got better offers? Are they good? Contact them, keep them. C’mon, you burn money as crazy, at least invest a little in a few treats... You asked for nicer glassdoor reviews. Instead of doing that, you should, at least, try to earn those. (For those that are reading, the score would be MUCH lower if they didn't ask for this kind of reviews).

Rappi2019-12-13

"Terrible culture"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Rappi full-time

Pros

A lot of learning and cool projects and talent

Cons

No work life balance, people are so pushy with deadlinea

Advice to Management

Focus on taking care of your employees

Rappi2019-12-04

"One of the worse place to work"

Former Employee - Data Scientist

I worked at Rappi full-time

Pros

Home office. Good location. Sport Dress.

Cons

They don't make real data science or artificial intelligence. They have a lot of recently graduated people without clear tasks to do. Managers, product people don't know what they want to do. Zero employee benefits.

Rappi2019-12-11

"Project Manager- Tech"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Ciudad de México

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is full of challenges. Opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Still growing, haven't found the way of become their people happy, but they are trying.

Advice to Management

More places for their people. We don't have enough space to work. In Tech area we need special spaces to create and have meetings often.

Rappi2019-10-04

"Bad life/work balance, nonexistent culture"

Former Employee - Vice President Engineering in Bogotá, Bogota

I worked at Rappi full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very interesting challenges - Direct impact to people - Possibility to equities

Cons

- Friendship over meritocracy - Rotten apples protected by the founders - Very toxic environment

Advice to Management

The founders are completely blind and value more friendship with a bunch(4) of semi juniors developers over the future of the company. You can't hide the false VP to investors forever and the lack of a real CTO.

Rappi2019-10-14

"They love workaholic employees"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible schedules - Not too bad salaries

Cons

- In Colombia, they only will pay you social security over the 60% of your salary - They only want workaholic employees - Forget about weekends and holidays - No benefits beside the salary

Rappi2019-10-15
  11. "Tough but great place to work at"

Current Employee - Backend Developer in Bogotá, Bogota

I have been working at Rappi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- You get to work with the best - You get to learn quite a lot through new challenges - Flexible working schedules - Open to work remotely (occasionally) - They don't care much about what you know as much as what you can learn - You get to see what you develop in production very quickly - Opportunities to climb the ladder quite fast and even travel with the company - The pay is good (gotta ask for it, though)

Cons

- You probably will work more than the legal time - You have to work a lot under pressure - No clear objectives, just develop whatever requirement comes in - Open offices, kinda tight sometimes and had to move a lot from place to place

Advice to Management

Generate a better learning structure, it is pretty much every man for himself in here.

Rappi2019-08-12