KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Red Alpha Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2021

Found 17 of over 19 reviews

5.0
Red Alpha CEO and Solutions Architect Daniel Ra (no image)
Daniel Ra

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "An incredibly flat management structure, excellent benefits, and real feeling of family amongst all the members make it a great company to work for.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Engaged leadership(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A Diamond In the Making

Mar 17, 2021 - Systems Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid leadership, transparency, managerial and technical excellence, a strong cultural fabric of family throughout the entire organization.

Cons

None at the current moment.

Red Alpha Response

We are humbled by your review. Thank you for continuing to trust us as we grow. We are excited to provide new members with the same experience you have received.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Family environment

Dec 5, 2020 - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard and play hard.

Cons

Have not yet identified any.

Red Alpha Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your insight. You're right, we strive every day to "Work Hard, Play Hard" and it makes it all the more enjoyable when we get feedback like this. Thank you! - Member Engagement Team

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Prime Work, Rock Star Technical Talent, Great Benes, Family Culture!!!

Sep 15, 2020 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is growing in leaps and bounds and in all the bests ways!!! Start Up Culture with some of the best benefits in the Intel Community! Family-first mentality!

Cons

None that I have seen.

Red Alpha Response

Very grateful for the review. We are growing and it's a fun place to be. Our leadership is 100% committed to keeping the culture and investing in our members. It's only going to get better.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Small Company

Jul 10, 2019 - Principal Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family feel - team members legitimately care about one another Pay and benefits are among the best Right pieces in place for growth

Cons

no real cons at the moment

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

High performance tech value

May 14, 2019 - Technical Lead in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Engaged leadership - Mission focused engineers - Family atmosphere - Prime contracts - Trusted Technical advisor

Cons

I would like to hangout with everyone even more

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome, not much else to say honestly !

May 13, 2019 - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great Management - Awesome culture - Benefits are top tier - Good career growth

Cons

- Office Space needs to keep up with company growth

Red Alpha Response

We appreciate the review. The plan is to be in additional space in the October '19 timeframe and we are excited about the expansion and the opportunities that will come. ***UPDATE*** How do you like the new office space?

7. 5.0

Relaxed culture, no micromanaging

May 6, 2019 - Data Scientist in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

You do not have to have a sense of humor to work at Red Alpha, but it helps! People are humble, work hard, and genuinely enjoy hanging out with each other. Leaders are accessible and not overbearing. And I love our focus on training, especially on the data science team.

Cons

Red Alpha is a small company, and while I have never had a problem finding an interesting project, in terms of sheer volume I don't think there are as many projects as at a big company.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great place to succeed

Apr 30, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership is fully engaged and always aware of what you are working on as well as being aware of your future goals/career path. This gives you the feeling that they care about you and want you to succeed.

Cons

The current location of Red Alpha HQ is, to be kind, cramped. However a new HQ location is in the works.

Red Alpha Response

Awesome review and we hear you! Our new office space is now open and I think you would agree it's a lot let cramped. We also have the ability to get in shape and stay healthy in the gym and stay caffeinated with the on-tap nitro brew coffee.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative, open, entrepreneurial, employee oriented benefits.

Mar 14, 2019 - Senior Principal Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

You and the role you play matters and it is visible to higher management. Your efforts are appreciated by every one. Your objectives and performance are tied directly to the company's goals.

Cons

There may be some challenges in keeping the high level of competencies constant and growing (may be a good problem to have.)

Red Alpha Response

We are humbled you took the time to write a review about your experience here at Red Alpha, Thank you! "A Team Above All, Above All A Team!"​

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Family of Engineers! Awesome benes!

Feb 6, 2019 - Manager in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Prime Contracts, 20+ subcontract partnerships, great benefits (12% 401K contribution, 6 weeks leave, paid health), fun internal culture (game nights, happy hours, bowling nights), super intelligent employees.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews