Red Classic Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2020

2.7
Red Classic President Dave Glancy (no image)
Dave Glancy
Pros
  • "Nice uniforms, free drinks to stay hydrated for the long hours you will work(in 5 reviews)

• "Part of a larger company backed by the Coca Cola brand(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Large turn over of supervisors and dispatch planners(in 6 reviews)

• "Put other customers before Coca Cola(in 4 reviews)

1. "Red Classic is a Great place to work."

Current Employee - Driver Trainer

I have been working at Red Classic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Red Classic is a great company offering excellent compensation, amazing benefits, opportunities to advance, new equipment and a willingness to listen. This is a place where you’re known by name and treated with respect, a place where safety is appreciated and expected, and a place where you can take an active role to improve your future. If you have a willingness to work and not complain then Red Classic would be a tailored fit. Red Classic operates under a Safety First mantra. This is practiced not merely spoken.

Cons

None to speak of.

Red Classic2020-04-08

April 8, 2020Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We strive to be the employer of choice by keeping safety first and offering the benefits and opportunities you mentioned. We're glad to hear you've had a great experience being part of our team.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Dispatcher

I have been working at Red Classic full-time

Pros

Growing company, they offer great benefits.

Cons

Some growing pains with the rate at which the company is growing.

Red Classic2020-03-02

March 11, 2020Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to hear you enjoy being a part of our team.

3. "Great teammates, challenging position!"

Current Employee - Dispatcher

I have been working at Red Classic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary, great teammates, supportive manager, good hours and location

Cons

Communication sometimes, frustrating dealing with drivers sometimes

Red Classic2020-03-02

March 2, 2020Marketing Specialist

We're glad to hear that you enjoy being on the Red Classic team and working with our teammates. We strive to make sure all teammates are connected and informed with consistent communication and we made several changes last year to support that. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

"DRIVERS STAY AWAY!!!!"

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Classic full-time for less than a year

Pros

None they lie about home time and never pay for detention

Cons

Everything you sit more than you drive and don’t get paid for it. They say $1100-$1500 a week I made more for orientation ($560) than I did driving

Red Classic2020-04-05

April 6, 2020Marketing Specialist

We offer experienced drivers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, nine paid holidays and two weeks of paid vacation. Each driver's gross pay will vary within the range detailed on redcrewcareers.com based on their route and shift. We provide detention pay to our drivers as long as the criteria is met, which is shared during orientation. The team works closely with drivers to arrange and schedule home time appropriately. We hope you have found a driving opportunity that better fits your needs.

"Unfaithfull to there drivers lies from day one"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Classic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benifits medical,dental and vision

Cons

Not worthing working for ever

Red Classic2020-01-28

February 25, 2020Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are disappointed to hear about the quality of your experience so far at Red Classic. We agree that our driver teammates are the heart of our company. We strive to be their employer of choice by offering competitive pay, excellent benefits, great leadership and recognition, such as our Safe Driver Awards and Driver of the Month programs. We highly encourage you to connect with your HR representative to share your feedback.

"Don’t do it"

Current Employee - Broker

I have been working at Red Classic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Do not do it to yourself

Cons

All of it was bad

Red Classic2020-01-25

February 6, 2020Marketing Specialist

We're disappointed to hear that your experience at Red Classic hasn't aligned so far with our efforts to be the employer of choice. If you're still with our team, we highly encourage you to connect with your HR representative to share your feedback and discuss opportunities to improve your experience. We want all of our teammates to feel supported and know they can achieve their goals as a part of the Red Classic team.

7. "Not Great, but not bad either."

Former Employee - Carrier Broker Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Classic full-time

Pros

Some autonomy over negotiations and pricing.

Cons

Somewhat unrealistic expectations from upper management

Red Classic2019-12-04

December 6, 2019Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are glad to hear you felt empowered to use your best judgement on certain decisions. We strive to be the employer of choice by supporting our teammates to reach their goals and being receptive to feedback so we can all grow and improve.

"Not a good place to work!"

Former Employee - Planner

I worked at Red Classic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free drinks, casual dress code.

Cons

This was just a weird place to work. Everything seemed SO secretive. All day long people are going in and out of managers offices, unscheduled meetings. It was just WEIRD. I've never been at a place where this goes on. Almost cult like. Very unorganized, and a long way before there will be any order. I question the ability of a lot of people that have manager or above in their title.

Red Classic2019-12-29

December 30, 2019Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience working at Red Classic. We recognize the importance of transparency and have made big strides over the past year to improve internal communications. Just one example is regular, in-person town hall meetings where teammates can provide feedback and ask questions of the leadership team. This strong pattern of communication and our culture of empowerment leads to frequent collaboration between managers and their teams and across functions so we can operate at our best. We hope you've found an opportunity that better fits your needs.

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Transport Driver in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Classic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great equipment, excellent benefits,

Cons

You can’t get great miles every night.

Red Classic2019-11-09

November 11, 2019Marketing Specialist

We're glad to hear you enjoy the equipment and benefits options we provide. We strive to be employer of choice so all Red Classic teammates have opportunities to succeed. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

10. "***DO NOT WORK HERE!***"

Former Employee - Corporate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Classic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There aren’t really any pros at this company

Cons

There are a ton so sit back and enjoy -absolutely no communication between departments or even between executive management and employees. They said for years they were trying to fix this yet every year it never happens. -execs do not care about their employees at all, they will screw you over at a moments notice if it benefits their pockets. Also execs never talk to employees on the floor Even though you see them walking around many times a day. I guess they are all too full from their free lunches they get almost everyday in their meetings. This money could be spent elsewhere to benefit employees. -only way to advance in this company is you have to have been here the longest. They do not promote based on credentials rather only by length of employment at the company -when you come to interview look at how miserable everyone actually is and wonder if you want that to be your life? -might be some of the worst management I’ve had ever been a part of -management are also hypocrites, they have rules for employees to follow yet do not follow these rules themselves -the brokerage department will not last more than 2-5 yrs the way it is being run. -company is more looking to go back to just be assets only but can’t keep drivers because of the bad management, pay, etc. -inexperienced sales staff leads to no freight which will lead to the downfall

Red Classic2019-10-23

October 25, 2019Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We recognize the importance of communication and have established several new internal communication channels in 2019. Just one example is regular, in-person town hall meetings where teammates can provide feedback and ask questions of the leadership team. Communication is a challenge that every company faces, however every day we are working to strengthen communication and relationships within Red Classic. In regard to advancement, we are proud to promote from within. The contributions of many teammates have been recognized through promotions and expanded leadership opportunities this year. When a teammate is the right fit for a role, their length of employment is a minor factor and one of many that are evaluated in making a decision. Thanks again for providing your feedback - we hope you've found an opportunity that better fits your needs.

Found 53 reviews