Red Classic Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 8, 2019

Ron Drogan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"2 weeks working, all is good so far."

Current Employee - Regional Truck Driver in Frankfort, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Truck Driver in Frankfort, IN

I have been working at Red Classic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have been very accommodating so far.

Cons

This is a new, up and coming operation, so they are still working the bugs out.

Oct 5, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to hear that the transition of joining our team has gone well.

"Failed Experiment"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician

I worked at Red Classic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, If you were there with Coca Cola. Want to be the best!

Cons

Do not believe in housekeeping. Put other customers before Coca Cola. They espoused family time and Christian values, but follow neither. They do not have a technician training program. Talk a big game, but are laughable when it comes to making employees feel valued. They promote individuals who clearly lack morals and then have them switch territories due to the friction. They hire techs who clearly lack the expertise to make repairs safely.

Advice to Management

Visit the shops unannounced! Telling them you are visiting is giving them time to clean up their act , only to revert as soon as the visit is over. Allow holidays as the rest of the American workers! Take the advice of the previous employees who have much more experience than some of your managers!

3. "Carrier Procurement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Classic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Drinks at work, nice office

Cons

No career growth for most roles, lots of kissing up to management if you want to be promoted

Advice to Management

set career paths

Sep 24, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to be the employer of choice for our employees and create an environment where they can grow their career. If you have any further feedback to share or have any... More

4. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Red Classic full-time

Pros

Great family environment, great people.

Cons

It's not bad, really it's not.

Advice to Management

Great going!

Aug 1, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to be the employer of choice for our employees and are glad to hear that you feel at home with us!

5. "They try"

I have been working at Red Classic full-time

Pros

Management tries to do the right thing. They try to support the employees. They truly embody an open door policy. Being under the Coke umbrella is nice (but causes problems sometimes too) because Coke really tries to have a strong culture, based in the principles of God.

Cons

Lots of change that comes with growth and learning how to operate with Coke. Two weeks vacation? Are you kidding me? That's a joke.

Advice to Management

Update your vacation policy to get with the times. You are losing good employees and having a competetive vacation policy may help.

Jul 24, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We’re glad to hear you feel supported by company leadership and feel at home in our company culture. We appreciate your feedback regarding our vacation... More

6. "Excellent Culture, Valuable Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at Red Classic full-time

Pros

Red Classic is a fast-growing company with tremendous opportunity to advance your career and develop in your field. The leadership team says they have an open door policy - and they really mean it. In my experience, even the most senior leaders are willing to stop and answer a question or give input on a project. The culture of the company is built on strong values of integrity, honest and hard work and it shows. I've witnessed almost no backbiting or gossiping among staff. Leaders are supportive and highly competent. Hands down, it is one of the best organizations I've worked for in 20 years of professional work.

Cons

Because the company is growing quickly - it means things change quickly. It's sometimes hard to get a handle on who does what or who needs to provide input/approval. The biggest negative is the vacation/PTO policy - it needs to be increased, especially for those who are new to Red Classic but are mid-career. Many spouses of Red Classic employees earn double the vacation hours of their husband/wife, which causes a lot of challenges. This is one of the few complaints I've heard regularly and should be addressed.

Advice to Management

Keep working on internal communication so employees are informed of what's going on in the company; continue to be committed to the purpose and values of the company as it grows - it would be a tragedy to lose the unique culture of this place; address the vacation policy

Jun 28, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving us a review. The teamwork environment at Red Classic is special and we're glad you're a part of it. As we grow we'll continue to stay true to our values and listen to our... More

"Not what it used to be"

Pros

Friendly co workers. Good benefits

Cons

Not what it used to be, culture used to be great, upper management used to care now they dont even talk to you. So many problems, chaos, no one listens..

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees not your managers

Jun 25, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We strive to live out our values and make our workplace better every day so each member of our team feels valued for their hard work and... More

"Logistics analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Classic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoys the majority of people worked with.

Cons

Paument of commissions not paid on time lately always and excuse

Advice to Management

Have your employees do there jobs. I am a wife of one of your empoyees. It's very hard to budget your money when your main money comes from commissions and this is the second pay period they have not received commissions on time. I thought this was a company built on family well maybe it should look after its families. I know some people who have not received raise in more than 3 years
     Is that the image you want out there about your company that is tied to Coca Cola? I am sure the public would not h as pay to hear that this is how employees are treated at the company. Bad press not good for filling jobs.

Jun 25, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We've made several efforts over the past year to minimize payroll issues and we appreciate your patience while we sorted those out amidst... More

"Not the same job that I was hired to do!"

Former Employee - Transportation in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Transportation in Nashville, TN

I worked at Red Classic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rapid advancement for new hires, especially if you are a smoker and spend time in the bosses office. Vacation time, newer equipment, uniform policy.

Cons

Having to share your truck with a smoker. Shortage on your pay, not paid for the miles you run.
    Mandatory 6 day work week! Losing drink customers. Becoming a truckload carrier, becoming a 24/7 driving job. Different rules for different driver's, smoking policy not enforced, but when the bosses upstairs vape in the office why should they tell you not to smoke or vape in company equipment!

Advice to Management

Listen to ideas and suggestions from senior driver's. Would be nice for upper management and HR to come to different locations so the driver's could talk to them without fear of repercussions.

10. "Former employee"

Current Employee - Driver in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Driver in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Classic part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved it. Wish I could still drive. Great pay great benefits

Cons

Long hours for full timers..

Advice to Management

Listen

Jun 13, 2018 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear you're satisfied with our compensation and benefits package.