Redbooth Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Jon Sonnenschein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Big changes for the better"

Current Employee - Director of Product in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Redbooth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Redbooth has been a total roller coaster, but since the merger in Sept 2017 everything has been great. We are under a new CEO, and the combined company has an amazing team and strong focus. They have an aggressive hiring roadmap to build a delightful product and company. I am personally excited for the future.

A lot of the reviews on Glassdoor paint a nasty picture of Redbooth, but that was in the past. And the people that were awful no longer work here. Thankfully.

Cons

Not all of the changes have been good for everyone. There were layoffs, and high turnover at the management level. It slowed down technical development and company growth.

Advice to Management

(Advice to the new management team) Keep up the good work, and provide a strong direction for the company. Always think of the users and our active customer base. They really like us.

2. "Disjointed teams"

I worked at Redbooth full-time

Pros

It's trying to solve a pain point in the communications and collaboration which is very hot domain now.

Cons

The whole engineering team is based in Barcelona. So it becomes a problem for other teams which are based in the US to communicate with the Barcelona team. The work culture is not that great. A lot of politics.

Advice to Management

Try to make it an open and transparent culture.

"Exciting, fast-paced startup with great team"

Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Redbooth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people are great. Treat each other more like family than colleagues. Really care for each other and it shows.
    - Innovation. Awesome focus on innovating and creating products that are not just better, but different in really creative ways.
    - Supportive. Very supportive management team.
    - Willing to take risks. Contrary to some reviews from one or two disaffected former employees, Redbooth has been bold enough to take risks and to pivot when necessary. Contrary to what some less visionary/experienced people may think, startups have to either evolve and change or they will simply fail. That evolution is necessary and healthy. While it's unfortunate that some initiatives aren't successful, the management team's ability to recognize when something isn't working and courage to pivot in a new direction is a testament to their leadership, not a sign of weakness or lack of experience.

Cons

- It's a small startup with all the pros and cons that go along with that. If you can't stomach a fast pace and lots of change, then you aren't cut out for this line of work. Sorry, that's harsh, but it's the truth.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking boldly and acting bravely. Great move to recognize when initiatives aren't working and to pivot. Keep focused, keep improving the product and keep focused on delighting our customers. The results are already very apparent.

"Great Company. Great Market."

Current Employee - Business Development
    Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Redbooth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working in business development for the company for three years. Redbooth is a great place to work. The product is phenomenal--really, every team would benefit from working in Redbooth. It is one of the few solutions that I have sold over my career that has an immediate impact on your productivity.

The most common reaction after an overview and demo is "I want to be able to be able to work/collaborate like that with my team."

The development and integration team is top notch. Our partners have been amazed at the pace of new feature and new integrations.

Exec team is focused, smart and committed.

Cons

We had under-invested in marketing, awareness, and lead-gen but that has been resolved.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

"Love Redbooth"

I worked at Redbooth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at Redbooth for 2+ years. I loved my time there. The environment, the culture and the management team were great. Very open, honest, high-integrity management team that welcomes input from all employees.

I was sad to leave the company but recruited away for significant promotion. I still an advocate/fan of Redbooth having implemented Redbooth at my new company.

Cons

No meaningful cons to share.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in reporting and analytics

"Great benefits"

Pros

All the standards are covered and extras too!

Cons

There aren't really any cons. Management is always asking for feedback about any other benefits employees would like to see.

"Worst Exec team"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Redbooth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people with great personality, but they no longer work there anyways. Good food located around the area and parking was free.

Cons

Everyone on the sales team has been let go. One of the worst managed organizations I have been a part of. The CEO has no clue what he is doing and fired the only executive that had a clue, the CTO.

The product is awful and is not fully supported. We claimed to have integrations we didn't have in an effort to gain more customers. High churn rate amongst customers in a very crowded market.

Advice to Management

Best of luck

"What's happened"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Redbooth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the teams in Redwood City get to travel to the Barcelona office to meet the rest of the team...it's a great way to experience Spain and travel around Europe.

Cons

Contrary to Inc. Magazine articles, the company's growth isn't there. Most of the US employees added to scale the team have voluntarily left or were laid off due to decreasing revenue/high customer churn and not enough money for their salaries. They're spinning their wheels trying to figure out how to minimize overhead, and that has come at the expense of its team members in Redwood City. The effort isn't collaborative or team-oriented (a paradox given the software is a collaboration solution for its clients); constructive criticism and helpful suggestions are met with heavy resilience and frustration. Ideas aimed at improving will not be taken warmly if considered at all. Two people (but actually just one individual) run the show here, and the results have suffered.

Advice to Management

The mindset and culture need to change. Leadership should stand up, be open to changing and figure out how to right this wayward ship.

"5 star reviews are fake"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Redbooth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good people that were fun to work with. Free parking. Nice coffee machine.

Cons

All the positive reviews were written at the request of upper management within your first 30 days of employment ("the honeymoon phase"). Of course a new person is going to feel obliged to write a positive review considering it's going to show up 2 days later. It's tough to recruit to Redwood City so they needed to "fluff" the numbers to excite prospective employees.

Executive management is solely responsible for the demise of Redbooth. The only executive that truly understood the operations of the business was laid off because he wasn't a "yes man." The rest of the leadership team thought it was smart to change the business model, target market, strategy and pricing structure multiple times in less than a year. Needless to say, revenue has taken a drastic hit.

Rather than building or improving features that customers requested, the product team simply stopped supporting them or ripped them out completely. Great for churn.

Overall, the market is crowded and none of the product features dominate the competition. You can get the entire feature suite of Redbooth for free if you do a few google searches.

All of the California employees outside of the product/marketing team have been laid off.

Advice to Management

Not sure that there's much to do at this point. Take care of the employees that are still there to the best of your ability and try to sell as quickly as possible.

"Great fast-paced environment with amazing prospects"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Team is agile, enthusiastic, motivated and really smart. Tons of opportunities for advancement and growth and the product is doing exceptionally well. Management team is fully engaged and has a strong vision.

Cons

Nothing significant. Growing really fast, could use some extra conference rooms!

Advice to Management

Keep driving hard!