KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Redbooth Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2018

Found 34 of over 36 reviews

4.2
Redbooth CEO John Gabaix (no image)
John Gabaix

214 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big changes for the better

Oct 16, 2017 - Director of Product in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Redbooth has been a total roller coaster, but since the merger in Sept 2017 everything has been great. We are under a new CEO, and the combined company has an amazing team and strong focus. They have an aggressive hiring roadmap to build a delightful product and company. I am personally excited for the future. A lot of the reviews on Glassdoor paint a nasty picture of Redbooth, but that was in the past. And the people that were awful no longer work here. Thankfully.

Cons

Not all of the changes have been good for everyone. There were layoffs, and high turnover at the management level. It slowed down technical development and company growth.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

interesting space with an energetic team

Feb 10, 2015 - Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO is super laid back and really welcomed me to the company, not only that, he's very savvy in the business sense and you can tell that the goals he has set for the company will be attainable with his work ethic. Coming from a bigger company exposure is in a way handed to you, at a start-up you need to pave your own way to grab people's attention and show them you are a quality product. The CEO is really stepping things up and creating new opportunities and partnerships that will dramatically strengthen Redbooth's future. It is a really inspiring time to be a part of this company. From a team point-of-view, everyone is really laid-back and fun. They find a nice balance between work and play and there have been plenty of company and team events that help as stress-relievers and with team bonding as well. The team consists of a variety of ages and experiences but we all generally share the work hard play hard ethic!

Cons

Since its still a start-up, there is a lot of work that goes into being a part of this team. You need to make sure you find time to balance your work and stay on top of what is going on. I work in sales so you need to make your own success and this route may not be paved out for you. Things are constantly changing and we are continually trying to better processes. This is not really a con but I do want to stress that working here isn't sunflowers and daisies, you need to put work in to see results, but hey that's sales for ya. :)

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting, fast-paced startup with great team

Jul 20, 2016 - Product in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are great. Treat each other more like family than colleagues. Really care for each other and it shows. - Innovation. Awesome focus on innovating and creating products that are not just better, but different in really creative ways. - Supportive. Very supportive management team. - Willing to take risks. Contrary to some reviews from one or two disaffected former employees, Redbooth has been bold enough to take risks and to pivot when necessary. Contrary to what some less visionary/experienced people may think, startups have to either evolve and change or they will simply fail. That evolution is necessary and healthy. While it's unfortunate that some initiatives aren't successful, the management team's ability to recognize when something isn't working and courage to pivot in a new direction is a testament to their leadership, not a sign of weakness or lack of experience.

Cons

- It's a small startup with all the pros and cons that go along with that. If you can't stomach a fast pace and lots of change, then you aren't cut out for this line of work. Sorry, that's harsh, but it's the truth.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Fun and ready to grow!

Dec 30, 2014 - Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, laid back atmosphere with very ambitious goals. The product team continues to develop exciting features that customers love. We are changing the way that large organizations are doing business for the better and prospects truly want to understand how we can enhance their workflow. The solution is easy to learn and adopt regardless of what department uses it. Recently received Series B funding which will be used to grow the team. Everyone on the team is willing to help you learn the product, our market, and company background. This includes our CEO and COO. They are both very open about high level areas of the business which is different from every other company I have worked at. Have to be eager to learn and work hard. -Great culture -Flexible hours -Unlimited PTO -Competitive comp -Great benefits -Good work/life balance overall -Plenty of snacks/lunches -Commercial grade espresso machine -in-office games for downtime

Cons

Standard startup growing pains. No formal employee onboarding...yet. Policies change as needed to accommodate a larger employee count. Must be flexible and open to change.

5. 5.0

Positive Culture / Everyone wants to be here / Team members make you better

Apr 13, 2015 - Corporate Account Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture seems to be an "over-used" term in the Bay area, and often times really just equates to company growth and/or immediate leadership and compensation opportunities. Redbooth takes this a step farther by having a philosophy that seems to be echo-ed at all levels (from the ground level to the exec board). This philosophy hinges on growing as professionals, encouraging each other to do well, and celebrating the organization's wins. Equally important, as the company has morphed it's offering, location, and leadership....it's always valued its employees above all (one of the sales reps has been here through all the changes and is as genuinely happy as he was when he joined) -- this was a big factor for me joining the company.

Cons

There haven't been any real negatives. It's a smaller company, so you aren't going to have a full service HR person on boarding you or anything. But that's about it

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

5 star reviews are fake

May 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people that were fun to work with. Free parking. Nice coffee machine.

Cons

All the positive reviews were written at the request of upper management within your first 30 days of employment ("the honeymoon phase"). Of course a new person is going to feel obliged to write a positive review considering it's going to show up 2 days later. It's tough to recruit to Redwood City so they needed to "fluff" the numbers to excite prospective employees. Executive management is solely responsible for the demise of Redbooth. The only executive that truly understood the operations of the business was laid off because he wasn't a "yes man." The rest of the leadership team thought it was smart to change the business model, target market, strategy and pricing structure multiple times in less than a year. Needless to say, revenue has taken a drastic hit. Rather than building or improving features that customers requested, the product team simply stopped supporting them or ripped them out completely. Great for churn. Overall, the market is crowded and none of the product features dominate the competition. You can get the entire feature suite of Redbooth for free if you do a few google searches. All of the California employees outside of the product/marketing team have been laid off.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company. Great Market.

Jun 8, 2016 - Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working in business development for the company for three years. Redbooth is a great place to work. The product is phenomenal--really, every team would benefit from working in Redbooth. It is one of the few solutions that I have sold over my career that has an immediate impact on your productivity. The most common reaction after an overview and demo is "I want to be able to be able to work/collaborate like that with my team." The development and integration team is top notch. Our partners have been amazed at the pace of new feature and new integrations. Exec team is focused, smart and committed.

Cons

We had under-invested in marketing, awareness, and lead-gen but that has been resolved.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smart team, fun culture, hard working attitude, and HUGE market potential

Jan 5, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Redbooth is getting a lot of things right in a very saturated market. The management is data and customer focused and works hard to deliver a product that prioritizes delight for users. The user base is large and varied and gives you a great exposure into how customers operate all the way fortune 1000s to 20 user startups. 2015 is going to be our best year yet! Part of the team is located in Barcelona, Spain and the ENTIRE team goes on work retreats in Spain couple times a year!! CEO is awesome, fun, caring, and very smart.

Cons

Not much to say here. I really love waking up and coming here and so do all my co-workers.

9. 5.0

Excellent environment

Jan 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone here is good at what they do. The environment is friendly and laid-back. At the same time, people work very hard. It's an ideal environment for someone who is self-directed and collaborative, and who values flexibility. It's also a great fit for early risers — lots of folks come in early in the morning, so there's not a culture of working late into the night. There are a lot of opportunities to grow, develop your skills, and make a real contribution.

Cons

There's a lot of construction going on in Redwood City and sometimes roads are unexpectedly closed. Can make getting to work a little tricky some days.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, lots of room for growth

Jan 9, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is great, smart co-workers and there's real collaboration among different departments. Everyone helps each other out to drive company goals. We use the product everyday and it's essential to helping us get our work done. It's so important to be able to stand behind your product and enjoy using it too. Good work/life balance, PTO, and flexible hours. There's lots of room for growth and career development at Redbooth. Appreciate the transparency from management, who are very open to suggestions/feedback from the team. There are fun company events and opportunities to visit our Barcelona office.

Cons

- Can be a challenge working with our Barcelona team because of the time zone difference. As long as you take into consideration and plan ahead, you can make it work. - With our growth, it's getting a little crowded in our office. Fortunately, we're moving to a bigger space soon.

3 people found this review helpful