Regal Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Moshe Greidinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "1 over your theaters minimum wage if you are on floor staff" (in 177 reviews)

• "Go to floor staff and make a cap of" (in 78 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast-paced Floor Staff life"

Current Employee - Floor Staff
    Current Employee - Floor Staff

I have been working at Regal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very friendly/ helpful coworkers and managers.
    - Tasks are relatively easy to learn, especially with other coworkers at your side.
    - Hours have been pretty flexible so far.
    - Free movies for you and a guest!
    - Free movie posters if you love to collect.
    - 50% off concessions!

Cons

- Even for part-time, every shift is 8 hours long.
    - Redeeming customers’ rewards points is over-complicated at times and is the source of most customer-service problems.
    - The free movie tickets can only be redeemed one hour before showtime. No pre-reserving (but hey, free is free)

Advice to Management

- Allow for 6 hour shifts if desired.
    - Update the concessions register so it can redeem Regal Crown Club points. Most patrons either don’t have the app or complain about having to go to the box-office to redeem points. Making a shortcut here would definitely speed things up!
    - If possible, early movie screenings for employees so we don’t have to worry about getting movies spoiled while on-the-job.

Jun 18, 2018 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for leaving us a review on our Glassdoor page. We are very happy to see that you are enjoying all of the benefits Regal has to offer, and that you are enjoying your time with us. You... More

2. "Love this job"

I have been working at Regal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounted concession and free tickets

Cons

No paid days off unless manager

Feb 22, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are elated that you love your job at Regal and find the employee benefits of free movies and discounted concessions to be a positive part of your experience. If we can... More

"Super easy job. Great for teenagers or students."

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Regal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Incredibly easy but often tedious job. Whether you're in concessions, box office, or usher, it's all pretty straight forward. Concessions might require a little bit more knowledge and training, but there's nothing that is actually hard to learn.
    - 50% off concessions for a decent amount of items and free movie tickets. When I worked at Regal it was 2 free tickets a day, but apparently they recently changed it to 2 tickets a week which kind of sucks. You aren't able to take your friends and family all in one week on different days.
    - Incredibly flexible scheduling for people who are in school or have other jobs.
    - 45 minute lunch breaks were great.
    - Having down-times while there are no movies currently playing was great. Gives you time to breath or restock on items while you're waiting for the next set of movies.
    - Get to talk about movies all day with coworkers or customers. If you're a fan of movies, it's a pretty nice environment.

Cons

- If you're someone who can't handle fast-paced work, busy days might overwhelm you. Also, just because you're scheduled for one position, doesn't mean you're going to be tied down to it. You might be asked to run around and do different things based on customer traffic and how many employees are in. It's incredibly annoying running back and forth everywhere like a chicken with your head cut off.

- Ever since Cineworld bought out Regal, things have gone downhill. I quit just before the bigger changes came from Cineworld and I found these out through my friends from the store I worked at.

- 2 free movie tickets a day went down to 2 tickets a week. Don't know why, but I can't imagine Regal loses that much money just from employees seeing free movies. It was a very poor decision to lower that to 2 tickets a week. Working holidays and staying past 12am is not worth these new, bad benefits.

- Employee of the month program was stopped.

- If you work closing, you might have to stay until 1 or 2am and it's possible you could be expected to work an opening shift that very same day. You aren't paid more for staying past 12am which is absolutely ridiculous. Employees who stay that late should be compensated.

- Everybody except General and Assistant managers were demoted back to regular staff and are still expected to work the same amount of hours they did when they were managers, but for less pay. This is ridiculous and has caused people to quit en-masse including regular employees who only stayed employed to be considered for a management position. This was an incredibly awful decision by Cineworld, I don't understand why they thought it would be a good idea to demote all of their loyal management staff.

- Redeeming customer rewards points through concession register is awful. The system is out-dated and inconvenient. Regal tries to push their app, but fails to realize there are many people out there who either don't have a smart phone or don't want to download more apps. There has to be a much more convenient way to redeem people's points.

- Regal continues to raise prices which causes customers to become irate and to also lose loyalty with Regal. Regal is really falling behind in terms of staying up-to-date with modern theater technology and subscription services. Very often I've had to send people to an AMC theater nearby because they had better movies, were cheaper, and had a better rewards card program.

Advice to Management

Not much I can say that I haven't already mentioned. Cineworld buy-out seems like it was a mistake. I understand that these kinds of changes aren't going to be perfect and require time, but to start out this new change by DEMOTING thousands of employees from their rightful management positions is incredibly sleazy. Don't expect people to continue working for Regal or customers to continue to return while prices are rising, employees are incredibly demotivated, and competitors like AMC having a better rewards card system and monthly subscription programs to make movie-going more affordable.
    Also, the logo change was incredibly poorly-received by everybody, both from employees and customers. It doesn't look like a logo that belongs to a movie theater and it's incredibly ugly. The bad logo change is very reflective of this entire Cineworld mess.

Mar 18, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your employee benefits, including discounted concessions, free movies, and flexible scheduling, and that you found your workplace... More

4. "Floorstaff"

Former Employee - Floorstaff in Placerville, CA
    Former Employee - Floorstaff in Placerville, CA

I worked at Regal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free movie tickets, free movie posters, discounts on concession

Cons

Management is rude and doesn't care about their employees.

Mar 25, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We’re glad to see you enjoyed your employee benefits of free movies, discounted concession items, and movie posters. We strive to offer fun perks that make Regal an... More

5. "Working at Regal as a Student"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Rockville, MD

I worked at Regal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Movies, Generally Nice employees and managers. Overall the environment is fine to work in. They are very accommodating of your schedule as a student.

Cons

The customers are terrible which is not the theater's fault, but it can make it difficult to work as people freak out over the prices and the smallest things. Expect people to get mad at you over things you cannot control, like price and the sold-out theaters.

Mar 25, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on being a company who values having the opportunity to employ and develop younger members of our community. We are so glad that you joined us as a... More

6. "Concession"

Pros

I enjoy working here and the management and my coworkers were cool. You get 50% on concession food and you’re able to see movies for free.

Cons

The problem was the pay and it hard to move up in the company.

Mar 25, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thanks for leaving us a review! We’re elated to see that you love working for Regal. It’s excellent to hear that your managers, coworkers and benefits have all contributed to an excellent employment... More

7. "Great place to work"

I worked at Regal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment and great friendships made

Cons

Lines can build very fast and customers can be rude

Mar 18, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your positive remarks about your great experience in your work environment and with your coworkers. As you point out, work in our theatres can be very... More

"Devalue Of The Long Term Employee"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Regal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

2 Free movies per week.

Cons

Low pay. Inefficient operational changes. Devaluing of Managers and long term employees. Capped pay,

Advice to Management

They wouldn't accept advice.

Mar 18, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad you enjoy the free movies we offer our employees as a benefit and hope you’ve found your work to be engaging. We’re disappointed to learn of your cons... More

"New Management Ignores Needs of Staff in Favor of Profit"

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Regal part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going, flexible hours, friendly theatre staff

Cons

Since being purchased by Cineworld, Regal has gone downhill. The new management shows no regard for employee satisfaction. Our movie privileges went from 2 tickets per day to 2 tickets per week. Much of our infrastructure was removed without adequate replacements. Limiting payroll is prioritized over customer service needs. The employee of the month program was cut and not replaced. Position wages were adjusted to allow for less room for advancement. Things have really gone down hill in recent months.

Advice to Management

Restore employee incentives, respect your employees, and pay a decent wage. I would have given much higher ratings a few months ago but the culture is being destroyed.

Mar 6, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We value the opportunity to hear candid sentiments from our employees. While the reduction in free movie tickets may be frustrating, the change came after careful... More

10. "Perfect First Job"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Floor Staff in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Regal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Introduction to customer service and perfect way to learn to work with a team. This job will teach you to work under pressure.

Cons

Not very many opportunities to advance.

Mar 13, 2019 – Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We’re happy to see you’ve found you have been able to develop valuable professional skills during your employment with us, including the ability to work under pressure... More