Reis Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Reis Chief Executive Officer Lloyd Lynford
Lloyd Lynford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Friendly co-workers and a relaxed environment (in 5 reviews)

• Great benefits, new operations management is excellent, great work environment, great tools to do our job with help on Salesforce and other stuff (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very immature coworkers with little to no professionalism (in 3 reviews)

• Middle management is incompetent and condescending (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Reis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for!
    Friendly Co-workers
    Great office morale with none of the day to day office drama and "cattiness"
    Lots of room for growth!
    Hard work does NOT go unrecognized!
    Reis gives excellent, in-depth training.
    The Operation Director is easy to talk to, knowledgeable, and a confident leader!
    Reis also gives an excellent benefits package , PTO, and holidays observed.
    Good work / life balance.
    1 Friday each month the whole office meets for deserts ice cream, cookies, ect.

Cons

Cant think of any con!

"Things are going well!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Reis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started in an entry level role and in one year I was promoted. If you work hard, make sure to cover your markets, and make it known you are interested in more responsibilities, there are opportunities to advance. I didn't think I was interested in commercial real estate until working here but now I would like to stay in this industry moving forward.

My coworkers are great and management is understanding. From what I've researched, salary is on par with the rest of the industry.

Cons

No cons from me. If you enjoy research and are interested in real estate, this is a great place to learn.

"Circling the drain...caution advised"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Reis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is a market leader, and is essential to many CRE professionals daily work.

Cons

The company is sadly losing what has made it great. As sales have dropped off, due to market saturation, they have thrown an incomprehensible amount of money trying to transform the sales process. This is routinely discussed on quarterly analyst calls, and the results haven't met expectations. Unfortunately, these efforts have been less than successful, and have created unintended consequences with a mass exodus of sales talent leaving the company, either by choice, or termination. Morale is at an all time low, with those staff remaining racing for the exits as quickly as possible, as the damage created is irreparable.

Advice to Management

Seek advice from your employees. So many decisions over the past two years were made without consulting those who they would effect most. It's so disappointing because you really did have an incredibly loyal and proud workforce. Restoring that sense of pride and loyalty should begin with an executive management self assessment, and honest apologies to staff for the environment toxicity. Honestly may be difficult, but it is respected over continual excuses and blame.

"Needs Innovation and Leadership!"

I worked at Reis full-time

Pros

New Offices in NYC are a nice upgrade from former location. Solid collection of historical CRE data that could be the foundation for solid company growth if an executive team were to be brought in that had the ability to lead, innovate and motivate its employees.

Cons

All of the Executive Leadership of the company have no presence in the industry, completely lack leadership skills, offer no strategic vision (they consider minor, long overdue, product upgrades to be revolutionary new products), and worst of all encourage a gossipy, dreary, infighting environment rather than one of team work and high motivation. They prefer to sit in their offices rather than attend industry events, engage their customers and prospects, and believe they are above listening to their employees. Rather than admit to their continual string of errors and lack of innovation, they choose to blame the employees for their ongoing failures.

Advice to Management

My advice would be for the founding partners - your loyalty to your executive team is admirable but if you want growth it is time for change. You have made numerous changes to your organization, both individual contributors and middle management, to no avail - at some point your executive team must be accountable rather than passing the buck to those below them. You need executive leadership that can innovate and one that your employees will respect and follow!

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Leader in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Reis (More than a year)

Pros

If you work hard and show that you have a willingness to learn, you will get noticed and be compensated for it. The lunch break as well as the morning and afternoon breaks really help to give analysts enough time to unwind. The team goals are all reasonable and achievable.

Cons

Certain departments are a bit quieter than others.

Advice to Management

Continue to compensate the individuals who work hard and really take pride in their product.

6. "Research Associate"

I have been working at Reis full-time

Pros

Great place to work
    Get environment
    Laid back

Cons

Little growth potential
    Poor pay

"Destined to Fail"

Current Employee - Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at Reis full-time

Pros

Coffee, fridge, and central air.

Cons

This company does not set you up for success. In fact, management is completely unhelpful and overall employee morale is at an all-time low. Reis cares more about quantity over quality and does not instill any positive reinforcement into their employees. Not quite sure how they sustain a business model in which the actual product they are providing clients has little to do with quality, depth or accuracy. At Reis we are quite literally told to not take our times on our work but instead to rush so we can complete more. Did I mention our performance is based solely on the #amount rather than any other factor? Doesn't make for a very accomplished feeling. Also, the positive reviews on this site are from Management who monitors this and makes sure to negate any true review like the one you are reading with a very untrue inaccurate review. Employees are underpaid, undervalued, and bored. I wouldn't wish this job on anyone.

Advice to Management

Learn how to actually manage because as a manager you are only as good as the employees you are responsible for. If we are all equally miserable, the problem starts with you.

"Great Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Reis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have nothing but great things to say about working at Reis. Since the moment I started, management was very welcoming. There are countless opportunities for growth.
    Hard work does not go unnoticed.
    There are many positive changes and company culture has greatly improved.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Reis Response

May 4, 2017 – VP HR

We are glad that you are feeling the positive effects of the changes we are making across the company. Affording development opportunities is key to inspired employees and something we will... More

"Operations/Research"

Current Employee - Operations/Research in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Operations/Research in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Reis full-time

Pros

Nice people, professional atmosphere, room for growth, great medical benefits, good vacation time, and understanding managers.

Cons

There can be favoritism at times regarding certain departments, employees and offices.

Advice to Management

Creating new positions should be considered, travel compensation would be a nice benefit, and perhaps some "reis" stock to full time employees can be implemented.

"Market Research Associate"

Current Employee - Market Research in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Market Research in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Reis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is very fast paced, everything you need to know they will teach you. The department's are very close Knit which makes the working experience personal and even more meaningful beyond your task. The benefits are great.

Cons

There truly isn't that much to say that is negative, I came in as a Temp it took a while to get into my full time position, but I'm very thankful of the process because it gave me the time to learn and mature within the position prior to being hired.

Advice to Management

I think its great that you all remember every ones names that you oversee. Just those little notion's are very much appreciated.

Reis Response

May 4, 2017 – VP HR

We are really excited and happy to hear that you are having a great experience at Reis. We value everyone's contribution to our organization and we will continue to foster this positive work... More