RelayHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
John H. Hammergren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company as a whole had good benefits (in 13 reviews)

• Enjoyed working with a lot of great people and the first 4 of my 6 years were mostly good (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Losing vision, poor management and organization, laying off good and capable employee, extremely unfair work assignment (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't seem to know what they are doing and they don't know the employees under them nor understand their contributions (in 4 reviews)

"QA\Infrastructure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at RelayHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with a lot of great people and the first 4 of my 6 years were mostly good.

Cons

I reported directly to one manager in QA but all my work was with the infrastructure team, giving me 2 managers. This caused a lot of heated discussions about my capacity and what my priorities were. The last 2 years were constant turmoil due to multiple group reorganizations and changing product delivery methodologies.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do in your one-on-one meetings. Promises made but never executed lead to mistrust.

"It was good, but not anymore..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

It was good company, have good culture, CR and pair programming, etc.

Cons

Losing vision, poor management and organization, laying off good and capable employee, extremely unfair work assignment. If you are "core people", you can enjoy good projects and learn new skills. If Not, then doing tedious job all years without learning.

3. "Worked there for 2 years"

I worked at RelayHealth full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Lack of variety in projects

4. "Software Engineering Intern"

Pros

Fun work environment. Very friendly colleagues and cool projects. Free breakfast, games and a lot of other fun activities to do.

Cons

Can't think of any. For an internship in the bay area, the pay is considerably less. Everything else is great.

"Technical Writer III"

Former Employee - Technical Writer III in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer III in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Great people to work with! Good benefits. Fortunately the VP I originally reported to and the Product Managers were to new ideas and ways to present information to customers.

Cons

After Dave Mason left, the company didn't seem to know what direction they were going and let go many valuable people in their many reorganizations. Upper management doesn't seem to know what they are doing and they don't know the employees under them nor understand their contributions.

Advice to Management

Communicate company direction better, ask for employee input on improving the way you do business, and really get to know how the individuals under you contribute to the whole.

"Product support"

Pros

The company as a whole had good benefits. They try to reward employees, i.e. company picnics, Christmas parties etc., generous PTO.

Cons

Employee reviews were very subjective. PTO, which includes sick time, if used, is counted against employees at review time, I'm not sure how they expect sick time to be scheduled in advance?

Advice to Management

Customer service has nothing to do with "the numbers"!

"Run ignore what they say is good"

Former Employee - IT Specialist
    Former Employee - IT Specialist

I worked at RelayHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is the worst employer I ever had. That is the best thing I can say. The healthcare benefits were good. Telecommute if you like. They used to have big parties but still try to do something at Christmas.

Cons

Management consistently ignored the advice of those of us who were involved with the product on a daily basis. As on review stated 1.5% is a pathetic raise considering The CEO's pay. Promotions are based solely on your ability to keep your mouth shut, do whatever and however they tell you to do something. And be prepared if you should make an error your manager will be sure to let you know that you're the only one who has ever done that. They may also follow it up with we are so disappointed in you. And to top it all off the software doesn't work and maybe that's why they're laying off again.
    I got out. Don't go in!
    The talented left with or before me and the remaining just keep sucking the life out of the few brains left.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if you people would quit. Don't you think that a high turnover rate indicates an internal problem?

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at RelayHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fair management, competitive salary, open communications, good benefits

Cons

No bonuses except for higher management, Top executives maybe too well compensated.

9. "Innovative and Caring Environment"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at RelayHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

peers who care, managers invested in developing their reports, meaningful work, challenging problems to solve, fun team outings and perks, awesome office and location.

culture is changing to be more start-up like which is exciting

Cons

more of a mid-level company which means that we rarely get interns or young talent. hoping to turn that around with new hires soon

sometimes feel that compensation is not transparent because it is controlled by McKesson policies

Advice to Management

hold more company-wide events to further feeling of start-up culture and create more of a friendship culture

"Too much change"

Pros

There are some really smart, collaborative people working at RelayHealth.

Cons

There have been too many structural changes lately and now the company is loaded with top management and redundant positions. There is too much emphasis on sales and not enough on customer satisfaction. In the long run, this approach does not work. Customers will leave.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer and launching product upgrades successfully.