KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Reliance First Capital Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2022

Found 174 of over 175 reviews

4.6
Reliance First Capital President & CEO Hugh Miller (no image)
Hugh Miller

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great training and paid license for multiple states(in 19 reviews)
  • "great people to work with.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Here at Reliance First Capital you get access to excellent benefits.(in 13 reviews)
  • "My manager Yana is great :) I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career.(in 9 reviews)
  • "4. Management actually listens and will discuss any concerns or suggestions.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "There is a certain culture and expectation at Reliance, which is lucrative to those who follow the system how it is meant to be, but can be stressful and overwhelming for the faint of heart.(in 4 reviews)
  • "The pay is excellent as a result, but it’s a bit tiring week to week.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Upper management more concerned with keeping their own jobs as they watch a revolving door of Agents leave the company as new agents come on board.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Place To Grow

Apr 8, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great comp plan - Management/Leadership listen to and care about their people - Paid training/vacation - Ability to be promoted quickly

Cons

Would like more remote capabilities

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excited about my future at RFC

Mar 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

About a week after I was hired on, my manager called me into his office to discuss my future at the company and my career goals. It wasn’t just a careless “so how long do you really see yourself staying here” conversation, but a serious in-depth look at my options – what I wanted to achieve and in what timeframe I wanted to do it by. We went over my strengths and weaknesses in a real, honest way and started creating a career plan for me that detailed the short-term and long-term milestones I hoped to reach within the company. I’ve never felt more confident about which career path I wanted to take than I do here at RFC. If they wanted to make a loyal employee out of me, they definitely succeeded I can tell you that.

Cons

I don’t get along with every single one of my coworkers. Some of them spend more time causing drama then they do working it seems like, so I try to keep to myself at work for the most part and focus on my own goals and my own success.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for those who will work

Mar 14, 2022 - Mortgage Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good support system Good compensation Good Work/Life Balance Opportunities for Growth CEO truly is awesome and responsive. You can call him anytime

Cons

Pricing is a little higher than some competitors

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ethical finance business

Feb 15, 2022 - Loan Officer in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A good company within the banking industry. They treat and pay their employees right. No funny business, just good ethical banking practices.

Cons

None. I enjoyed my time here.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great career starter

Jan 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

*your income is determined by your work ethic *plenty of opportunities to learn from some of the best *have plenty of control over your day-to-day schedule *good benefits and nice perks *intense, but exciting work environment

Cons

*limited opportunities to move up within the company hierarchy

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, I still work here

Jan 17, 2022 - Mortgage Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love this company!! Not just saying that. If you’re a producer, and you have a desire to have free time to spend with family… this is the environment for you. Also, they have a crazy amount of income potential. If you’re looking to some-day become a manager. They have a great medium Fast-track to becoming a manager.

Cons

The “team managers” need to help the New Mortgage Analysts more, and know their guidelines. Team Managers are not required to sell, and often times don’t know the stresses of the dialer, so they can’t help much in that aspect. MA’s and the company know this so that’s why we have Assistant Managers and Mentors… they still sell and are relatable. Area managers 100% make-up for the team manager’s lack of knowledge on guidelines which is good, but I’ve asked questions to all 3 different team managers about something very crucial… they’ve all told me the wrong answer on occasion. But on the bright side when you’re a great mortgage analyst/salesperson the managers tend not to helicopter over you! Huge plus!

7. 5.0

Quality Company

Jan 11, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Independence, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company starts from the beginning with quality training, they have a good structure of management put in place so you won’t fail. Management from the top down cares about their employees and takes care of their employees. Opportunity to make great money is available to EVERYONE! 3 years later I still love working for this company.

Cons

I don’t have any cons

8. 5.0

GREAT WORK PLACE- THIS IS A FAMILY LIKE WORKPLACE

Jan 7, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management Team aspect Room for Growth It is a family here Pay is amazing

Cons

I don't know because I love working here and I will never go anywhere else.

9. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Jan 7, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work culture here is awesome and I've been in the business over 20 years. If your looking for a place with endless potential to grow and make a great income at the same time. Then this is the place for you!

Cons

I have no cons for Reliance.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 7, 2022 - Loan Processing Manager in Independence, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Reliance First Capital sets the bar for companies that truly believe in family. They understand that we have lives outside of work. 2. The flexibility is key when raising a family and this is a priority for them. 3. Direct contact with upper management makes you feel like you are not just a number but someone who matters 4. Management actually listens and will discuss any concerns or suggestions.

Cons

This may sound crazy but I really can not think of any downsides to working at Reliance First Capital.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Reviews

Reliance First Capital Reviews FAQs

Reliance First Capital has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 175 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Reliance First Capital to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Reliance First Capital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Reliance First Capital. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

90% of Reliance First Capital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Reliance First Capital 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Reliance First Capital to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture .

Popular Careers with Reliance First Capital Job Seekers