Reliance First Capital Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2020

4.2
Reliance First Capital President & CEO Hugh Miller (no image)
Hugh Miller
Pros
  • "Great Training program to get anyone that sets their mind to it able to do the job(in 9 reviews)

• "Paid training/licensing/testing(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "They monitor your phone time and phone calls(in 5 reviews)

• "They never told me that my manager and other officers can and will be listening to my phone calls(in 4 reviews)

1. "Mortgage analyst"

Mortgage Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Reliance First Capital

Pros

Very supportive staff, as long as you are willing to work they will always help you. I’ve been in sales for almost a decade at numerous different companies and this is the best support staff to start out. If you want to make a lot of money all you have to do is work for it.

Cons

A lot of your competition is cheaper

Continue reading
  2. "Best opportunity of my life"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Reliance First Capital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

unlimited potential, super mega benefits

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

"Worst mortgage company in Charlotte"

1.0
    Current Employee - Mortgage Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Reliance First Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing is good about working here

Cons

The rate are so much higher than your competition. I have friends that are a half point lower than me. The comp plan isn't as good as it should be considering our costs and rates are the highest that Ive seen. Look elsewhere if your serious about staying in the loan business

Continue reading

"If you want a telemarketing job, this is the place for you!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Mortgage Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Reliance First Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have found nothing positive.

Cons

The strategies, the extremely old leads, the script you cannot deviate from. You basically have to make calls that they say are hot leads which aren't. Coworkers are berating customers to refinance with reliance. Basically stating you're an idiot for not refinancing. I've witnessed harassment over the phones. How it's legal is beyond me . The trainer was a jerk. She stated 3/4 of you won't last. Um excuse me? Wow, what a welcoming way to train us. Not. You are a glorified telemarketer. Seriously. The positive reviews are hilarious.

5. "Great place"

Current Employee - Mortgage Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Reliance First Capital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reliance is expanding while most of the industry is contracting.

Cons

Can be long days sometimes

Continue reading

"An interesting place to work"

Former Employee - Loan Originator in Plano, TX

I worked at Reliance First Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have to say that the team was awesome. Loved my co-workers and most of the leadership. They genuinely care about you and treated everyone like a family.

Cons

Not enough time to craft loans. Too much emphasis on "the numbers game" by hammering beat up leads repeatedly. Very scripted and very little freedom to be yourself. I know I'd never buy a loan from their model.

Continue reading
  7. "First Class Organization Brightest Management Team In The Business"

Current Employee - Multiple Positions Over Years in New York, NY

I have been working at Reliance First Capital full-time

Pros

EXTREMELY talented management team. Outstanding Medical Benefits Aggressive Commission Structure Continuous Industry Leading Training Sincere Leadership That Truly Cares About Employees

Cons

This is a tough business but they make the probability of your success more likely than any other company.

"Best Decision I've Made"

Current Employee - Mortgage Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Reliance First Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work hard play hard. They give you an opportunity to make more money than you've ever made in your life. On top of that, they prepare you with great training and pay for all of the licensing needed and pay you while you're training and studying. No other company has a CEO like ours. Hugh Miller knows your name, sends you personal emails, birthday cards, and he even has multiple contests each year for free trips with a plus 1. They listen to your calls - yeah, to make you better and help you grow. We work long hours - making money can take time and effort but you don't have to stay late.. it's a personal choice. It's commission - you will make as much money as you want to make here. You can break $100,000 a year. This isn't a job, it's a career. Careers take work and jobs are temporary. Join a family not just a team.

Cons

It's a grind and you should be prepared to work. Do not expect every single day to be amazing.. it's sales. Pros outweigh the cons.

Continue reading

"“Training in Pittsburgh Office is Top Notch!”"

Current Employee - Mortgage Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Reliance First Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Reliance First Capital for about 2 months now. I have prior management and training experience. The 3 trainers in the Pittsburgh office have been nothing but supportive since day 1. They coach you in a way that makes you feel they really care about your success. There is constant positive feedback and the entire office is supportive in a very positive way when you have success. This makes you feel they appreciate you. If you work hard, are goal oriented, and are coachable you can have success here!

Cons

Nothing I see so far.

Continue reading
  10. "Mortgage Analyst Position"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

I have been working at Reliance First Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great Team Environment, everyone is uplifting of each other -Great Training program to get anyone that sets their mind to it able to do the job -Hours are pretty good, you kind of have a choice here which is nice -NO COLD CALLING! It is great. -Very Structured work environment -Managers are present

Cons

There really are not any, it is a job. Be happy you have one and make the most of it. A job is only a job if you make it one. Make it a career.

Found 110 reviews