Reliance First Capital Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2021

4.0
Reliance First Capital President & CEO Hugh Miller (no image)
Hugh Miller
Pros
  • "Great Training program to get anyone that sets their mind to it able to do the job(in 9 reviews)

• "We have loan products that appeal to the masses(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They monitor your phone time and phone calls(in 6 reviews)

• "They never told me that my manager and other officers can and will be listening to my phone calls(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Company

Apr 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work place with plenty of opportunity.

Cons

No cons come to mind.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unless You Enjoy Solicitation Bordering on Harassment...

Apr 22, 2021 - Mortgage Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay for you to get your licenses. There is a potential to make a lot of money. Good Benefits.

Cons

Long hours. Poor Lead Quality. Very Regimented. Lack of Leadership. Old school sales tactics. Loan officers usually study and train for months to get a license and learn rules and regulations; it’s almost impossible to know what you need to after only three weeks of training before taking the MLO test. There’s a reason why they’re hiring 2-4 people per month for each branch and it’s bc the majority don’t last 6 months.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing company to work for!!!

Mar 25, 2021 - Anonymous Current Employee in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the many pros of Reliance First Capital is you get the positives of a larger company and smaller company combined. When you work for a smaller company a lot of times you sacrifice good benefits to do so. Here at Reliance First Capital you get access to excellent benefits. When you work for a larger company you tend to just become a number and not a valued employee. Here at Reliance First Capital you are valued to the point the CEO sets aside time to speak with each and every employee one on one at least once a year and makes frequent visits to each office. Most employees of a larger companies probably don't even know who their CEO is let alone ever had a conversation with him or her. This is a company that is constantly acknowledging the contributions individuals make and realizes the value each employee adds.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to share. No form of employment is going to come without its challenges. What is important is that when challenges arise, your employer gives you the resources to overcome them. Reliance First Capital does.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Opportunity -Great Company

Mar 26, 2021 - Loan Officer in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the service I provide and the people I work with (both co-workers and clients). The company invests in their employees with initial training and continuous training, Attractive loan programs to offer and a system that offers support & success for the sales team. I have at least 4 people I can go to for answers to my questions or any other kind of help. I also love our monthly goal board meetings where I learn how much others have made in the office the previous month! Very motivational & encouraging as there are a lot of crazy, big paychecks being made!

Cons

Sales isn't easy. We all have our ups and downs; but it is a numbers game! Any job takes work. In fact that's why they call it "work"! But if you keep your effort and attitude in check, the rewards are unlimited!!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly atmosphere

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly atmosphere, great work environment

Cons

none to report at this time

6. 2.0

Company over-promises, under-delivers

Jan 17, 2021 - Mortgage Originator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with, from office management to co-workers

Cons

Corporate promises glowing opportunities that never materialize. After getting cussed-out by the crappy, over-cooked "leads" you are provided, if you can manage to close a couple deals the amount you get paid vs. the time you put in is effectively a loss. Upper management more concerned with keeping their own jobs as they watch a revolving door of Agents leave the company as new agents come on board.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to start

Dec 29, 2020 - Mortgage Banker (MLO) in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, training and leadership

Cons

Not too much besides pricing and overlays

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Oct 30, 2020 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Independence, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Can make a lot of things happen here if you put your head down and focus. -Supportive in doing what’s necessary to yield you the most success. -Allows room for a good work life balance. -You get out what you put in.

Cons

Often times too much emphasis can be placed on tactics that don’t fully matter when it comes to securing business.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If only they would have trained me

Jan 29, 2021 - File Starter in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, nicely appointed office with awesome perks, ample parking

Cons

No training, was basically walked through the system and then left on my own

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good people

Oct 29, 2020 - Mortgage Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people in the company

Cons

Unreliable pay and rely too much on phone time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews