ResProp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Daniel French

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It is also a fast growing company with many opportunities to offer" (in 4 reviews)

• "Great culture, super high energy place, great opportunities for all teammates if you have the desire to grow" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "At the time I really didn't have a con about Avesta but if I have to say it would be hiring someone that is not fit for the position" (in 12 reviews)

• "Boy's Club: If you're not a male and you don't fit the "I'd like to have a beer with him" status, your hard work will go unnoticed" (in 2 reviews)

"Director"

I have been working at ResProp full-time

Pros

Great culture, super high energy place, great opportunities for all teammates if you have the desire to grow.

Cons

Avesta has change in it's DNA. If you are not comfortable with change, it can be a difficult place to work.

"Leasing Agent"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at ResProp (Less than a year)

Pros

None, I was overworked and undersupported.

Cons

Unsupportive management. Not only was I never reviewed my performance the company could not keep basic supplies in the office such as paper, internet, software license up to date. No true training. Training consisted of her is your computer.

Advice to Management

Communication

"Avoid This Company"

I worked at ResProp full-time

Pros

I believe this company was once a great place to work, but has gone downhill over the past year.

Cons

• Management makes empty promises to employees.
    • Will relocate you in a heartbeat and will give you the cold shoulder if you decline.
    • Very little training provided for employees. They will stick you in a position you know nothing about and expect you to excel with no guidance or training.
    • Force community operations to use "Trustwork" which is a terrible platform with no future. Be prepared to go door to door in attempt to "onboard" residents.
    • Boy's Club: If you're not a male and you don't fit the "I'd like to have a beer with him" status, your hard work will go unnoticed.
    • Some of the best employees have left over the past few months. This should shed some light on the direction the company is going.
    •BizTech Training Program chaos: If you are a recent graduate, DO NOT apply for the BizTech position. They make these positions sound attractive and promising for recent college grads by calling it a "mini MBA" and by putting you in "managerial roles". This is really their way of putting college graduates in leasing consultant roles. This could seriously stunt your career growth and I highly advise you seek elsewhere.
    •Cheap during relocations: If they decide to relocate you, be prepared to be out a lot of money. They will not cover everything and provide with the cheapest moving options. I had to sell most of my furniture in order to fit everything in the truck and repurchase once I was relocated.
    • Investors are dropping like flies. The reason they changed their name from Avesta to InvestRes was to put more emphasis on being "investor centered". Many investors left money on the table during 2017 and decided to invest elsewhere. InvestRes may not be around in 2019 so just beware.

Advice to Management

• Invest more into your employees and train them better. I'm mainly talking about training employees when they are placed in a new position. I witnessed it countless time where a teammate was promoted and was given almost no direction. You are not setting up your employees for success when you do this.
    • Take better care of your employees who go above and beyond. So many great employees have gone unnoticed who bent over backwards reach goals.
    • Better organization for the training program: Make sure they're is actually a promotion to a different position available upon completing a role.
    • Stop wasting time and money on Trustwork. There is no future for Trustwork and the amount of time and money being put into it is just being wasted.
    • Before relocating employees or promoting employees, actually listen to what they want first.
    • Show more transparency. If you're going to move an employee halfway across the country for a "great opportunity", then you should be able to explain the actual position as well as an accurate estimate of the duration of that position.

"Not a mature company or environment."

Current Employee - Property Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ResProp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There use to be pros because of the motto and virtues but they have become greedy and now can care less about employees or residents!

Cons

Where do I start!
    Avesta was a caring company who understood the need of empathy for our teams and residents. They have become so money hungry that it is all out the window. They can care less if you stay or go because they will replace you with someone who knows half of what you know as long as they don’t talk or stand for anything they believe. They were a “boys club” now they hired a woman for Florida so they can cover themselves and not be accused of this anymore but the reality is that men get away with much more than women do in this company! People are dropping like flies and those of us who have stayed have to deal with the crazy changes coming which really make no sense. They swear they will be the next facebook but that’s not going to happen! Greedy is what they’re being! That’s the best way to describe it! The budgets made last year we’re not done well and now want to take it out on the managers whom they did not help or train on budgets. Maybe someone should’ve looked in to the trends from the years before so that they didn’t have to cut us all short! Stay away from this company! It’s a dictatorship and not a team at all!

Advice to Management

Treat people fairly and make sure to train train train! You cannot throw someone in a position and not train. Not everyone learns the same way. I know there is a new training program but it’s not enough.

5. "Great Place to Grow"

Pros

Growing company with a great atmosphere. Opportunity to learn from the ground up. Fantastic colleagues.

Cons

Candid and forthright approach not for everyone.

6. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ResProp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, hard working, and very smart group. Culture is real here!

Cons

High growth company with top talent

Advice to Management

Continue recruiting top talent and training existing teammates

"Very unorganized company"

Pros

I have met some great people. A lot of people who work this company work really hard.

Cons

Very unorganized business processes, practically no training. You are just thrown into a position with no indication if you're doing certain things correctly. There are some seemingly unethical practices going on with a side business that some Avesta employees are starting. If you are interested in a career in property management, I would recommend going with a different company that has a better idea what they're doing.

Advice to Management

Training!! Have some processes laid out!

"BTP Associate"

Current Employee - BTP Associate
    Current Employee - BTP Associate

I have been working at ResProp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay structure, organizational culture, development program, benefits and potential to grow within. Salary plus commission, plus quarterly bonuses as well as additional bonuses for being part of the BTP.

Cons

None. The company goes above and beyond to make teammates happy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Everyone from managers to regional managers, directors and c-level management are dedicated to bringing us all together as one family with a common goals set in place.

9. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Palm Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Palm Springs, FL

I have been working at ResProp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Avesta has been one of my greatest opportunity to work with. I have to say that I consider Avesta like a Family. They give you the necessary tools to become better and they are always here to help.

Cons

At the time I really didn't have a con about Avesta but if I have to say it would be hiring someone that is not fit for the position.

Advice to Management

I believe our management company has done an awesome job and things have changed a lot with Avesta. The only advice I could suggest to management is to always make sure that your teammates are very satisfied with their job.

10. "Amazing environment"

I have been working at ResProp full-time

Pros

The people, place, office, everything

Cons

I did not notice any cons