RetailMeNot Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
RetailMeNot CEO Cotter Cunningham
Cotter Cunningham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance and company culture" (in 15 reviews)

• "The perks - while I don't receive these, I know firsthand how great they are - insurance, free lunch, workout classes, etc" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons, A nice place to work at" (in 5 reviews)

• "Felt like the career path was limited" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great atmosphere for working and growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The perks of working onsite in the downtown Austin office are tremendous. Free parking (garage parking - no sun baking your car every day), a coffee bar at work, tons of snacks that never get dull because each month there is a fresh rotation. The real kicker is the constant willingness for feedback from the leadership team. It seems every other week there is either some form of a survey being sent out or an announcement on survey results and action items. It's one thing for leadership to say the right things to make employees feel like they are valued but RetailMeNot backs up those words with actions. Transparency is excellent - and the best example of it starts at the top with the CEO. We have weekly 30-minute company meetings led by CEO and other senior leaders where we discuss the state of the business and questions are encouraged (either live or via text).

Cons

There is a constant struggle between the benefits of the open-office setting (no one has an office, not even the CEO) that encourages collaboration with the potential for distractions. It's a known topic in the office and possible solutions are being looked at, but coming from an employer where everyone had offices and high walled cubicles, there is some personal adjustment that hasn't happened yet.

Advice to Management

Don't become complacent. The company is where it is at right now because of the constant challenging of the status quo. Keep it up and you'll be in good shape.

Nov 6, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback! We're so glad that you are having a great employee experience.

2. "Great opportunity for growth"

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity to grow and develop if you have a good work ethic and high-quality deliverable.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind that isn't common in other companies. I very much enjoyed my time and the people I worked with. I felt fortunate to work at RMN.

3. "great place to work!"

Current Employee - SWE II in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - SWE II in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot (More than a year)

Pros

free lunch, and very smart engineers

Cons

there were none really, great people

4. "Anonymous"

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

The environment is both professional and friendly. It's great to know that there is always someone open to take time out of their busy schedules to chat about anything you might have on mind.

Cons

Can't think of anything as my experience has been great!

5. "Great Company, sometime difficult growth."

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, team and areas of opportunities to learn. Everyone is treated equal here and has a voice. I enjoyed all of my time at RetailMeNot.

Cons

Being at a remote office it made career growth a bit of a challenge. I assume in Austin the growth chances are better.

Advice to Management

Learn how to better integrate remote people into the process.

6. "Free things are nice, but the company knows what really matters..."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and the culture the company fosters is truly one of a kind. They don't just say they value their employees, you feel it. Beyond the free food, coffee, snacks, concert tickets, unlimited PTO, etc. (which are all amazing) the company offers meaningful career development opportunities through training, mentorship and even a Global Exchange Program. This later program is one of the best perks both from a personal and professional development standpoint which I had the opportunity to experience. If selected, you spend two weeks in one of our European offices completing a project you pitched to leadership.

Finally, and most importantly if there is a desire to pursue other interests / develop new skillsets within the company it's highly encouraged. Many times you have employees start at one position / department in the company and end up in a completely different role a year or two later because their interests took them in that direction. This is hard to find and something I truly value about working here.

Cons

Things can be rather fast-paced and constantly changing due to competitive landscape, new technology disruption and more. While this can be pro as in you'll always be learning something new, its also difficult because what is important today isn't always important tomorrow. This can cause difficulty in setting accurate goals and achieving success.

Nov 8, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. We prioritize being a culture-first company and we are glad to see that you feel that we are living up to that.

7. "Depends on what you do and where you work"

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

Type of benefits offered (food, bonus, etc. )

Cons

Cost of benefits offered, runs like a small business, limited promotions outside of engineering.

Advice to Management

Be transparent and provide equal opportunities for promotion.

"Software engineer"

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time

Pros

People are super super awesome

Cons

Lunch is not very good.

Nov 7, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback! With 400+ people at our HQ, we do our best to offer food options for both lunch and snacks that appeal to everyone, including gluten free, vegetarian, vegan main dishes and a... More

"Place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loads of ownership that you can mostly control.
    It's okay to fail. Place where you can learn from your mistakes.
    More good people, who want to WIN! A good mix of different opinions.
    Private (can be a con too for some) and backed by a company with solid business model and history.
    Working on some exciting products and deals!
    Growing slower, but more solid than before. Kudos to the Product team and senior leadership.

Cons

Planning with the full product and engineering teams every 3 months (or less) seems an overkill and mostly unnecessary.

Advice to Management

It's great to be part of the acquisition deal, don't screw it up. Let's become the Ultimate Savings Destination!

10. "Full time marketing role"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic environment which you feel is always moving forward with new tech, its keeping ahead of the pack. Management do a decent job of keeping goals clear and communication open. Good work-life balance. Nice offices. Relaxed and friendly environment to work in. Free food and coffee.

Cons

Needs a monthly update on revenue & engagement goals to be communicated company-wide