RetailMeNot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RetailMeNot Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Returns Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Honestly the hiring process is very long with no reward. It is for their sub-company Giftcard Zen.

About a few days after I applied I received an email from their Talent Sourcer requesting an available date and time for a phone interview. On this call they asked basic questions like who I am, what I currently do, what type of person I am and so on.

The phone interview went well so then I was sent another email setting me up for a phone interview with their Operations Manager. During this call the questions went a little more in depth by inquiring how I would act in certain situations.

After this went well I was advised that I will receive 3 "mock" customer emails and to reply back as how I would if I were working for them.

They liked my responses so I was scheduled for an in person interview. This interview was scheduled with multiple people (Manager of Operations, Returns Lead,Product Support Associate , HR Coordinator and one other person but they didn't provide me their title.) and was estimated to take 2 hours.

When I met them there they had me log in on a tablet. The tablet notified the HR Coordinator which came out right away. First I was greeted by the Operations Manager (which I already had a phone interview with), Returns Lead and one other person.

During this part of the interview I honestly felt drilled. Which I wasn't expecting as I have already gone through a long interview process so far. They kept asking question after question about who I am, what I do, and how I would react in certain situations. This constant drilling went on for an hour.

After this stage I then talked with the Product Support Associate which was a lot more laid back. They asked me more personal questions to see if I would be a good fit with the companies staff.

Finally I had the HR coordinator meet with me to discuss benefits.

After this I was escorted to the elevators and two days later was not offered the job.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick! They were hiring fast so it was a very speedy, but thorough, process.
    I first did a phone screening with a recruiter, and then the next day had a phone interview with the manager of the team. A week later I was set up for an interview in office with 5 people. Each interview was around 30 minutes and I was asked a variety of questions and met with someone from a different department for a "culture fit". All in all it was a very smooth and quick process.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Standard software engineering interview process at RetailMeNot. There was a phone Screen followed by 5 on-site interviews in Austin over the course of a day. Most questions were standard whiteboarding questions followed by a final round with a Director/VP.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't particularly difficult, just standard CS fundamental questions using Hashmaps + Trees.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an in house recruiter. He walked me through the process and was extremely helpful in answering my questions and addressing my concerns.

I then spoke with the hiring manager out of their Austin office. He gave me an overview of the company and we discussed the companies needs for the position. Overall it was a very positive and relaxed conversation.

A week later I had a phone interview with a small group where we discussed my experience/skill sets and answered java specific questions. We went through a coding exercise where we worked on an optimization routine relevant to the companies domain.

Lastly I was scheduled for an in person interview at their Phoenix offices. Travel was taken care of by the company and was painless for me. The interview process was several hours with multiple groups. Each group asked varying levels of questions about my experience, preferred work environments with a final longer technical interview where we whiteboarded several solutions (pseudo code and architecture/design). I was treated to a lunch with the team and had a chance to get to know them on a more personable level.

The entire experience was enjoyable, exciting, and relaxed. I felt like I was being welcomed to a family!

Interview Questions

• General java data types, collections, service communication.

Optimize coupons to a cart items to give to biggest discount.

Code examples for optimized return values from multiple data streams.
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contact for an initial phone interview with a recruiter from RetailMeNot. That went well so I was immediately scheduled for a phone interview with a hiring manager. That went well also, so I was asked to come into the office the following week. I was living out of state, and RetailMeNot took care of all the arrangements to fly me down and have me stay in a hotel. After interviewing with members of the team, I traveled back home. The hospitality from RetailMeNot was outstanding, I felt very welcomed and everyone I interviewed with was super nice! I can see why it is a great place to work, because the people make it great!

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your priorities that are demanded from you by different members of senior management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I was recruited at a career fair and was given an interview on my college campus. I was then Invited to their Austin headquarters and had 5 interviews. The offices were so nice and I had such a great time meeting everyone. Interviewing was quite informal, we could wear

Interview Questions

• 0/1 knapsack, return pairs of all ints that add up to a given number, Scheduling given peoples' start and end free times, edit distance given a dictionary.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RetailMeNot.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair. Got scheduled for on-campus on the same afternoon. Then an on-campus interview on next Monday. The interview goes smoothly, and the interviewer is very nice! A good interview experience. Currently moving on to on-site.

Interview Questions

• Question about getting a smallest total price with coupons you have. Generally using greedy algorithm works. Followup is like if the products and coupons should be divided into different categories.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

This was for a new grad position for graduating Spring 2017.
    I talked to the RetailMeNot engineers and recruiters at my school's career fair and was scheduled later that night for an on campus interview later that week. During this first interview I worked through some problems with two of their engineers and received good feedback. I was asked to do an onsite interview and was flown into Austin for a few days. The on site was the whole day and consisted of multiple technical interviews with the engineers, one with a VP, and one with an HR rep. I was able to answer all of the interview questions without too much difficulty, and enjoyed learning about the culture at RMN. Everyone seemed to be relaxed and enjoyed where they were. We had lunch and dinner as well with the other interviewees and some full time employees. Afterwards they gave us a google cardboard and some delicious cookies as a thank you.

Unfortunately I received a call two weeks later that I would not be getting an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter after the career fair. Set up my on-campus interview the next at my school. It went pretty well in my opinion. However, I never heard a single word from the recruiter since then. After a month, I emailed the recruiter and asked if there was any update from my interview. She sent me a reply a week or two after saying that I need to complete a coding challenge. I was really confused because she had told me on the day of my interview that the next step would be onsite. I lost interest immediately. The recruiting process was just too painful. To have me wait a month without any update and then told me that I have to do a coding challenge was just odd. I never received any update from my interview - whether I passed or didn't. Nothing. I was just dropped. Not a reject or offer. (But I had to choose one so I just selected no for the offer for glassdoor)

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RetailMeNot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair at university, had an on-campus interview, after which i received an email about onsite. The onsite interview consisted of several hour long whiteboard interviews, and they showed us around the facility, took us to lunch, etc. Overall, it was a very fun and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked to do some text parsing / manipulation, another question about making a slightly modified minimum spanning tree, and various other simple hashmap / dictionary questions.   Answer Question