Revenue Analytics Reviews | Glassdoor

Revenue Analytics Reviews

Updated Nov 8, 2019

3.9
Revenue Analytics CEO Dax Cross  (no image)
Dax Cross
  1. "Incredibly smart, hard working people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revenue Analytics full-time

Pros

Without a doubt the smartest people I have ever worked with Very friendly staff and positive office environment Some teams have good work from home policy Pretty good work life balance

Cons

Sometimes work on very tight deadlines Some teams have no work from home policy

Revenue Analytics2019-10-20

"Best company I've worked for so far"

Former Employee - Senior Software Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Revenue Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great and transparent management (you don't get that in any company) 2. Very carefully handpicked employees (best of the best) - young, knowledgeable and very open minded. 3. A chance to work with the latest technologies on the market. 4. Amazing benefits program. 5. Great office environment. ...and more

Cons

1. You'll be allowed to work remotely if you need to, however, this is not official in the company handbook and you can't count on having that granted every week ( kind of sucks for folks that live far away from the office and have to fight the Atlanta traffic).

Revenue Analytics2019-09-27

"Don’t Make My Mistake"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revenue Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Snacks? Actually not just snacks lots of free meals to have. And healthcare at day one.

Cons

Read the other negative reviews. Fair warning, management asks people to post things because of all the hiring and they know who says what. In my case I don’t care. The hiring package is too attractive for a reason. In my history I have never been expected to put in so many hours from day one, and get scolded for going home near on time. The cult is right. Leaders are God’s here, not sure why they hire the rest of... us to be honest—they know it all. It’s a miserable place run by robots. Thankfully I am almost done.

Advice to Management

Stop looking in the mirror.

Revenue Analytics2019-11-08

"Smart people - challenging work - professional culture."

I have been working at Revenue Analytics full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are friendly, smart and collaborative. Work is challenging but impactful. Benefits are excellent. Overall a winning atmosphere.

Cons

If you want to coast or just collect a check and get by you will be disappointed. Not everyone will love the pace and focus on success and quality.

Advice to Management

Keep teaching. Maintain open communication. Be forward thinking in making it a great place to work in today’s modern marketplace.

Revenue Analytics2019-04-04

"RA Widow/Widower is what they'll be called"

Former Employee - Data Scientist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Revenue Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart delivery people. Interesting problems.

Cons

Sales leadership forces insane delivery hours meaning everyone on the delivery team who has a partner is overworked and therefore probably neglecting their families and/or partners. Partners commonly refer to themselves as RA widows/widowers.

Revenue Analytics2019-04-10

"Dystopian Nightmare Company - with free snacks!!!"

I worked at Revenue Analytics full-time

Pros

The benefits are very good- some of them are becoming more common in the software world but probably not in consulting/financial. You probably will be working too much to use any of them, though.

Cons

Good lord, I do not even know where to begin. Let's start with red flags for you to notice when you're interviewing there: 1. Notice the dead look in everyone's eyes. No, you're not imagining it- in my opinion they ARE dead inside because working 60+ hour weeks/nights/weekends is a regular, every-week occurrence at RA. Multiple people have even gotten divorced because of the hours from what I've been told. 2.... Notice the demographics of the office. If you look at the women, you'll discover that it seems like they only hire young, skinny, attractive women. There are only two women in the company over 40 by my count, who have both been there for years. "Wait a minute!" you'll say. "What about the men? Maybe this company is just exceptionally svelt and attractive and young [more on that last part below]!" Well my friends, you can rest easy knowing that in my estimation the men are not required to fit the same standard. Leadership is almost completely lacking diversity. There are larger diversity problems at the company. 3. Speaking of young people, their general practice seems to be to scoop up young inexperienced kids right out of college, flash them more money than they know what to do with, and fling them into this relentless environment of toil, because they don't know any better. This is coupled with: 4. A culture of weird cult-like hero-worship. Once a month they get together in a ceremony I began to colloquially refer to as the "Financials and Bootlicking Ceremony." Here we get a financial overview, which is cool, but not as uncommon in every company I've worked for as they'd like to sell you on. Then, we spend time praising the company and Our Wonderful Leaders because RA Is The Best Company On Earth and RA Hires The Smartest People. In my opinion, their products are shoddily made (more on that later), the people aren't mystical MENSA mutants (every company says that), and most people are pretty miserable in their day-to-day. 5. In my opinion, their hiring practices involve hiring generalists with no measurable expertise in any skillset to fill highly technical and skillset-requiring roles. People who have never coded (or at best, never coded in the languages they're asked to) are tasked with coding complicated software. I'm not joking, even a little bit. This results in horribly buggy products and angry clients- who yell at Strategy at-will. Similarly, generalists with no skills are tasked with doing what would be product and QA roles. Imagine 3 inexperienced folks with maybe some decent calculus skills all trying to plan what a project should be, coming to you with requirements nilly-willy and unorganized, changing the requirements constantly, and also everything is high priority and due now. This is fundamentally the way that RA is structured and senior leadership thinks wholeheartedly that it is Good, and should not change. 6. Back to culty stuff. They have this set of values you'll get ground into your bones called SERIF- mostly HR nonsense but let's focus on the F - FUN! - as an example of how clueless leadership is to what actually happens in their own building. Here's what Fun means at RA - "Well, you're already staying until 7 every night anyway, why don't we watch a movie together at the office from 6-8pm?" Fun events like this help you stay away from your family, refrain from enjoying your life, and avoid the hassle of forging bonds outside of work. But hey man, free beer in the office!!! The F in SERIF lets them avoid any responsibility for making meaningful change around the reasons people are completely miserable at this company. 7. They might throw out their AJC Best Workplaces award- keep in mind, most of the people who voted on this have literally never worked anywhere else. They are painfully ignorant of what a healthy work environment should look like. It is my opinion that this is probably intentional. 8. Oh, your first week you will get to meet all of senior leadership and if you don't lick their boots clean enough, you might get reprimanded. RA is a great place to work if you'd like to waste your 20s away so that some CEOs and two rich kids can get richer. Stay far, far away from this place.

Advice to Management

Idk reorganize your entire company and don't make 60 hours a week par for the course. Hire actual product, QA, and developers who know what they're doing. Stop making everyone lick the Cross family's boots clean constantly.

Revenue Analytics2018-11-20

"Interesting work, fun culture"

I have been working at Revenue Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Working within different industries from project to project has been a great experience and there is always something to learn - Coaching environment is helpful for growth path and personal development opportunities - Visibility to leadership and transparency with company goals - Fun activities every quarter (ex: office laser tag, movie nights, office cook offs)

Cons

- Could be more flexible with work schedules or leaving earlier before holidays - Project deadlines can be very hectic, which means longer hours (sometimes too long), but in consulting that can be expected now and then - We grew very fast last year, and it took time to catch up

Revenue Analytics2018-09-28

"Smart, Challenging, & Fun!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Revenue Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people Fun environment/culture Great benefits Challenging but Impactful work Craft beer

Cons

Flexibility is limited Fast turnaround time with delivery deadlines

Advice to Management

Continued transparency and confidence that your people are capable of great things!

Revenue Analytics2018-09-21

"RA - Truly creating value & enriching lives"

I have been working at Revenue Analytics full-time

Pros

- Small ATL company doing big things for international clients - Smartest & nicest people you will have the chance to work with - Challenging problems & clients -- no day is the same - Great benefits package, immediate 401k vesting match, & decent PTO

Cons

- In any consulting job there are ebbs & flows, but they work with you to make sure the bench isn't boring and you can still feel like you are adding value - Could be more flexible in work from home options - Again, it's consulting -- will be putting in more than your 45 hours some weeks

Revenue Analytics2018-09-24

"RA"

I have been working at Revenue Analytics full-time

Pros

Excellent insurance coverage and holiday policy

Cons

A large leadership team and not sure their contribution to the company. The turnover rate is really high during the recent year. Company is putting less effort on the delivery side and more on the sales and marketing side, which brings concerns to the delivery quality. The company is directed by strategy people and technical guys not really have important roles in the company.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the delivery quality and technical development

Revenue Analytics2018-10-09