RizePoint Reviews | Glassdoor

RizePoint Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2019

4.4
RizePoint CEO Frank Maylett (no image)
Frank Maylett
Pros
  • "Rizepoint has one of the most open environments I've ever worked in(in 15 reviews)

• "Collaborative work environment (cross-departmental)(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rizepoint is making great strides to keep moving the needle(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at RizePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership cares about growth of each individual and their career path, open door EC meetings & good communication from top leadership, leaders are approachable, I feel empowered to do my job, good work/life balance, good benefits, great culture and people, managers trust their employees and don't micromanage, good location.

Cons

Not much, other than many team members feel stress of having high work loads

RizePoint2019-04-23

"Excellent Company People Focused"

Former Employee - Communication in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at RizePoint part-time for less than a year

Pros

RizePoint was very people focused and cared about its employees. The executive team was transparent about the company. The office space was open, vibrant and fun.

Cons

The company was in a transition period while I was there and it was unclear how we would move forward.

RizePoint2019-06-05
  3. "Awesome company"

I worked at RizePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work Environment, wonderful company culture, and amazing personnel. If you have a chance to work here, pounce on the opportunity.

Cons

Tech support process needs to be improved.

Advice to Management

A better process between the engineers and tech support is needed--current client issues and bugs should be prioritized and fixed, rather than new features being implemented. There is no point in coming up with new aspects of the product if you can't retain the clients you have, as a result of the clients being fatigued by issues.

RizePoint2019-02-01

"Great Company Culture"

I worked at RizePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with. Flexible time off was a huge perk. Also flexibility for work schedule.

Cons

Sometimes stressful environment due to growth and pressure from investors.

Advice to Management

Keep up with employee benefits! It was a huge perk for me and I would recommend working there.

RizePoint2018-08-07

"Extern QA Developer"

Extern QA Developer

I worked at RizePoint for less than a year

Pros

- Great work environment - Well organized management with clear goals - Enter any time as long as you complete your hours in the day - Company events - Volunteer work with the community

Cons

- Nothing bad with this company.

RizePoint2018-06-19

"I was sad to have to leave"

Former Employee - Data Scientist in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I worked at RizePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers were awesome My direct manager was top notch Company product headed in the right direction Senior management not afraid to change what doesn't work I felt I was respected as a person Open Door executive meetings / transparency

Cons

Free snacks (I packed on a few pounds here)

Advice to Management

RizePoint is a good place to work because the executive management understands that people make the difference between success and failure. The low churn rate in engineering says it all. Good engineers can go anywhere, but they choose to stay here. Keep it up. Director of engineering and CTO have a lot to do with this. They are both people that you want to do your very best for. When I needed flexibility to... complete my PhD, they were supportive and positive. I always felt supported and valued. If I would not have had the perfect storm job opportunity in Las Vegas, I would never have left. There was a lot of change in my 2.5 years here, but I always felt that the general trajectory was going in the right direction.

RizePoint2018-05-19

"Can't get enough"

I have been working at RizePoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The culture - Empowerment to do your job the right way - Strong positive direction for success and growth - The most talented people - Regular reviews and evaluations - Constant collaboration - Equality in so many ways Rizepoint has proven to be better than I could have hoped. The work environment is transparent and equality feels genuine. Management seems to truly want the best for employees and... consistently asks feedback for many decisions that affect us directly. Of course the reason behind all of these great things are the people. The culture is so important here and it showed before I even started working here.

Cons

We're running out of office space.

Advice to Management

Please continue to have the same standard for cultural fit. It's so vital to the success we are seeing here.

RizePoint2018-03-29

"Worst Place Ever - Stay Away"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at RizePoint full-time

Pros

Snacks Ping Pong Table Drinking on the Job

Cons

Upper Manager is a complete waste, they never listen to their fellow employees

Advice to Management

Please let go of the "old guy" , the man that supposedly wears multiple hats with the company, he is totally incompetent, lacks leaderships, is not well like either ship him off or just send him off to retirement.

RizePoint2018-03-23

"Senior Developer"

Current Employee - Principal Developer in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at RizePoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rizepoint has one of the most open environments I've ever worked in. Management trusts and listens to employees and makes sound decisions to preserve the high-quality work environment. As an employee, collaboration is one of the highest values. We work hard together and it is a great place to work.

Cons

It would be great if public transit to and from work were a little more readily available. Cottonwood Heights isn't exactly near any transportation hubs.

Advice to Management

We're quickly running out of space. If we do move offices, maybe access to public transit could be a consideration?

RizePoint2018-01-03

"Fast-paced environment with high expectations, with leaders who care personally about their employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at RizePoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Strong leadership - Collaborative work environment (cross-departmental) - Lots of autonomy to get stuff done - Transparency in communications from the top down - Unlimited paid time off - Sharp, talented employees - Competitive salary

Cons

- Growing pains from a growing company: new & rapidly changing processes, approvals, additional QA measures, losing the personal touch of knowing everyone you work with

Advice to Management

Continue to care personally about your people, but keep them moving towards our high-reaching goals. Monitor employee burn-out so we can retain top talent as we continue to grow.

RizePoint2017-12-08