Roadrunner Transportation Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Roadrunner Transportation Systems CEO Mark A. DiBlasi
Mark A. DiBlasi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good company, good training, always learning something new here" (in 4 reviews)

• "It's a job, and no weekends or eveings" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "There service sucks and they have been losing customer service reps at a rapid rate" (in 7 reviews)

• "Customers would straight up curse at you at the top of their lungs for things you had no control of and no one would be able to help" (in 6 reviews)

1. "A good Place to start."

Current Employee - Lease Operator
    Current Employee - Lease Operator

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insurance and truck and trailer no money down build connections this is a no-brainer. Great starter company to be on your way up

Cons

Communication they know this but they are currently working on a better solutions that are working to improve every day

Advice to Management

Continue with the load board idea it will push us forward as a transportation company/logistics

2. "Freight Bill Auditor"

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Quarterly reviews with bonuses and a yearly review with up to 2% (corporate capped) raise.

Cons

Quarterly performance reviews were performed by middle management that often did not even understand what the job entailed and would evaluate employees based on personal feelings.

3. "Dock Supervisor"

Current Employee - Dock Supervisor in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Dock Supervisor in Coon Rapids, MN

Pros

Consistent work schedule. PTO can be taken at a moments notice. Employees are consistently engaged and working together to complete the task at hand.

Cons

There is a huge communication gap between employees and management. We are always at odds end when it comes to having the things that we need to get the job done in a timely matter.

Advice to Management

Weekly meetings with employees would help tremendously. This is needed to bridge the gap between where we are as a company and where we are going in the future as a company.

4. "Roadrunner Transportation Systems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI

Pros

So far no issues working for this company. Everyone gets along very well. My team that i work with is very nice and we work as a team when we need to.

Cons

as of right now i dont have any cons about this company

"Lots of opportunities to contribute and advance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Roadrunner Freight is in the process of changing almost everything to improve the results. There are lots of opportunities to prove your value and increase your responsibilities.

Cons

If hard work and results are not what you are willing to do to get ahead, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to make changes and refine the results until Roadrunner is a leader in the industry. Keep perfecting the culture to ensure that everyone is engaged, productive, and contributing.

6. "Work at Rich Logistics"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Decent pay, good group of drivers

Cons

Expensive insurance, nobody cares about success of company. People in office not motivated

Advice to Management

Get rid of lazy drivers

7. "Working to Turn Things Around"

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really smart people work here; you'll learn a lot. I've been exposed to more technologies in my time with RRTS than all previous positions combined.

Bonuses are nice, if the company hits targets.

Decent work/life balance.

Cons

Because of financial performance in the last two years, compensation has not kept up with the market. Some see nice compensation increases; I haven't seen much of anything.

A lot of acquisitions in a short time period are causing growing pains in support staff. Too many projects at once, not enough drive to get them all completed causes some major issues at some sites to be overlooked.

RRTS management doesn't seem to communicate all their initiatives to those who actually implement, so lots of projects come as a surprise.

Some promotion from within, but in my experience it's in responsibilities only--not in pay.

Advice to Management

Talk to everyone more, and be more transparent. Keep promises when it comes to people's money--being able to trust your employer is a crucial step to retaining good employees.

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-worker that take pride in their work. There is a lot of opportunities to volunteer to work on projects to get experiences to advance your career.

Cons

The C-suite and the rest of the executive leadership are clueless on how to run the company. They have little regard for the company's culture and the lower level employees who do majority of the work.

Financial situation at RRTS is a major causing low salary increases and reduction in benefits for employees. There has been little communication from the C-suite on the company's overall direction. RRTS felt like it was one more bad decision away from bankruptcy.

If you're interviewing to work at RRTS, beware.

Advice to Management

You're top heavy and have too many Managers telling employees what to do and not enough workers to do the work.

Your benefit package is sub par. It was very difficult to attract workers to join our department because of bad the benefits were. Invest in your benefit/wellness programs for your employees.

9. "Very long hours"

Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Kokomo, IN

Pros

Great money but you work 72 hours for it. A lot of good guys there too. They’ll help you if you need it.

Cons

See above lol. It’s a good job to learn how to drive a semi or box truck. Other than that it’s at the bottom

10. "Safety"

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

Good Company ...Potential for growth

Cons

Some financial reporting issues...but they are correcting

Advice to Management

Keep growing