Roadrunner Transportation Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Roadrunner Transportation Systems CEO Mark A. DiBlasi
Mark A. DiBlasi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good company, good training, always learning something new here (in 4 reviews)

• Roadrunner Transportation Systems has an incredibly flexible business model and the team work at the Corporate office is incredible (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There service sucks and they have been losing customer service reps at a rapid rate (in 7 reviews)

• Customers would straight up curse at you at the top of their lungs for things you had no control of and no one would be able to help (in 6 reviews)

1. "Roadrunner review"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like the type of work. Was very challenging.

Cons

It could have been more employee friendly.

Advice to Management

Aim to make employees want to be at work. Make it more than just a job that people come to everyday.

2. "Very long hours"

Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money but you work 72 hours for it. A lot of good guys there too. They’ll help you if you need it.

Cons

See above lol. It’s a good job to learn how to drive a semi or box truck. Other than that it’s at the bottom

3. "Safety"

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

Good Company ...Potential for growth

Cons

Some financial reporting issues...but they are correcting

Advice to Management

Keep growing

"Administrative Supervisor"

Former Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Hutchins, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Hutchins, TX

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kept my mind on top of its game. Learned a lot about logistics and the auction world.

Cons

Shabby admin. No employee loyalty. Will use a person up then dismiss them without second thought.

Advice to Management

Get real. Profits aren't 100 percent bottom line. The employees contentment/wellbeing has to have a place in there.

5. "Brutally frustrating place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the coworkers were nice. The others were lazy and didn’t care.

Cons

You must be doing 5 things at once at all times and there are no breaks besides lunch. You have to constantly be on the phones while juggling the "OS&D list" and answer emails all at the same time. This is why customers suffer on hold for extended periods of time. I don't know how any sane person can do it day after day for an extended period of time. It will wear you down at the end of the day. Multitasking has been proven not only to take longer but also decrease your health.

All the managers care about is how many calls you can take even though you have to keep up with all the other daily tasks. You will have to remember tons of information and there is hardly any training. They will teach you the basics then just throw you out there and complain because you don’t know something even though they never showed yow how to handle it in the first place.

The company in general has been declining for years now which is great to see because they deserve it. There service sucks and they have been losing customer service reps at a rapid rate. It may have something to do with the fact that it’s very rare for a delivery to be made on time there. Not to mention a lot of shipments get lost or damaged and they will do nothing to help you with it. They’ll make a claim and let you yell and tire yourself out about it until you don’t care that the issue will never get resolved.

Most other logistics companies know to stay away from Roadrunner like the plague because they know customers won’t get their shipments till a week after the due date. They’re the cheapest for a reason and you get what you pay for. People took off work to receive their shipment. Guess what? Surprise it’s not coming that day so now the customer is upset and calling to yell at you about it even though you had nothing to do with it. Now they have to take another day off of their job and lose more money and time to “hopefully” get their shipment the second time around.

Customers would straight up curse at you at the top of their lungs for things you had no control of and no one would be able to help. One of the reps would walk around the parking lot because it was so stressful. Some of my coworkers would just transfer calls or hang up on people because they didn’t know how to handle their problems. I guess you couldn’t really blame them though because nobody really knew where their shipment was. It was just a guessing game of lies.

They use terrible third party companies who will lie to you when you ask them about a shipment. We’d have to constantly call the same terminals over and over again because they would tell us shipments were out for delivery or had been delivered when in turn they didn’t even send them out. They would flat out lie to you because they were to lazy to check so I just started to give out the third party numbers so the customers could yell at them directly. This was against policy but I didn’t have time for games and if no one else cared there why should I?

There was nowhere to move up and grow within the company either. Some people had been in the same position for 10 to 15 years. That might as well be a death sentence the way they ran their business.

They treat the drivers like crap just like the rest of their employees. Some of the customer service managers didn’t care about any of it. There was one who I knew would be a disaster of a boss before they were hired and they were. They pushed people around and enforced nonsense rules and pushing all the work on the employees which made going to them for help useless. Every time me and coworkers would ask for help we were told to just figure it out. The response we got was “I’m too busy.” That’s why I would go around and talk to my coworkers in the morning before management came in and tell them that this job is just a stepping stone in our lives because we’ll eventually move on to bigger and better things. What a terrible place all around. I cannot wait till this place closes for good which at the rate their going will be sooner rather than later. This is an intensely, brutally, frustrating place to work.

Advice to Management

Set up a formal training plan, treat your employees with respect, make deliveries on time, use reliable third parties who don’t lie, break down work into various departments so people aren't killing themselves with so much work they can’t take breaks without falling behind

"This place is a joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

I honestly can not think of one. One star rating is too high

Cons

They don't give you the tools you need to do your job and will blatantly lie to your face about your career. They constantly change things that affect how you need to do your job but they won't tell you so you just need to figure it out.

Advice to Management

What you are doing there is highly unethical and disrespectful. You have good people working there but probably not for long if you keep it up

"DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!"

Former Employee - CDL D in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - CDL D in Orlando, FL

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After a short time working with them, you will realize that you're worth more.

Cons

My husband worked for this company as a driver. We have Transflo confirmations for loads he did in November 2017. He is still fighting to get paid on them. Everyone has an excuse that the Transflo wasn't received, so he sends it again. Here we now are in 2018, and still nothing!

Advice to Management

I've heard the same issue from several of your drivers, as we meet up in truck stops along the way. If we continue to have payroll issues, we will shut you down.
     No one is out there because it's so much fun, and in trucks that shouldn't even be rolling.

"Operations"

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There pretty much is none. Made some good relationship s with both drivers and co workers

Cons

Just about everything. Poor upper management reflexs in mid management..

Advice to Management

Take care of your drivers. Incorrect pay, back stabbing co workers and a basic high school environment dooms this company. So much talent not seen or trained up.

9. "BDM Pay"

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

Good company, good training, always learning something new here.

Cons

Could be better structured.

Advice to Management

Need to divide up accounts and let people run their own.

10. "It is a job"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

It is a job with pay.

Cons

Online search reveals more results than are able to be indicated here.