Roadrunner Transportation Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roadrunner Transportation Systems CEO Mark A. DiBlasi
Mark A. DiBlasi

Pros
  • Roadrunner Transportation Systems has an incredibly flexible business model and the team work at the Corporate office is incredible (in 3 reviews)

• Use to be a good company but they getting greedy by the second and thats why are loosing great and good workers (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No one seems to know what they're doing (in 3 reviews)

• upper management would not let you do your job (in 3 reviews)

"WHERE ARE THE DRIVER'S REVIEWS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Versailles, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Versailles, OH

Pros

Two driver reviews is all???

Cons

As a driver, I could care less what an anonymous employee or recruiter or account mngr. had to say. Why are all the reviews with the exception of two, anything but drivers? We don't want to see what management thinks about its own, we want to see what DRIVERS say!

Advice to Management

Have your drivers put more reviews out there! Even if anonymous, we want to know what we're getting into before applying for driving positions. I want l/o information but also want to know things like: turnover rate, lease op completion rates since 2011 (economy tank year). And I want to know how warm, fuzzy and cared for your management is going to make me, as I invest thousands and make your company thousands, as I drive for you. That's all...thanks!
    =)

"Great employer/opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience has been challenging which has propelled me into management with the company. In about 4.5 years working for Roadrunner at the corporate office, I have grown as a leader both in title and on a professional level. Some of the pros have been:
    - Fast paced and changing environment which makes work interesting and provides continuous learning opportunities
    - Corporate headquarters is nicely located making it easy to get to from downtown/surrounding suburbs
    - Access to all levels of management, visibility to executive level management

Cons

The company has been growing fast for the past few years (both through acquisitions and organically) and has been playing catch-up with streamlining the various operating entities. A few cons in my view are/have been:
    - Missed revenue and bottom line targets in 2015 causing concerns/uncertainties with investors
    - Opportunities to cross-sell additional services to existing customers offset by downtrend in oil prices/ seems to be behind peers even though the entire transportation industry is down
    - Noticing a reactionary mindset by management, although the company's vision appears to be highlighted recently and communicated to employees

Advice to Management

Continue to execute vision and communicate exciting changes to boast employee optimism and view of company and management.

3. "Good company still"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI

Pros

Good company. Has pros and cons same as other companies. Needs to concentrate on service and keep it as their daily focus. Give employees attainable incentive and reward programs.

Cons

All companies have cons, RR is no different. If you are a good worker your manager will see that. Employees have longevity and that says something about RR.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on service to retain customers. Take care of your employees and RR will benefit from it.

5. "Oo otr"

Former Employee - Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Driver in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many terminal managers not paying attention

Cons

Not as much comunication as there should be .

Advice to Management

Dont lie to your drivers

6. "Overworked and Underpaid.....Disrespected!!!"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Decatur, GA
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Decatur, GA

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job in a jobless economy

Cons

No room to grow, very minimal raises, no consideration of employees

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, Pay your workers based on job performance, treat your workers like humans instead of drones or worse Slaves!!!!!

7. "The worst company in driving history"

Pros

None.. will put you in poverty

Cons

The worst company ever !! This company has shifty trucks and don't give two about drivers..

Advice to Management

Care more about your drivers.. many drivers went homeless trying to feed their family because of this shifty job

"Random Layoffs"

Pros

None, company had poor management

Cons

Company lays off employees without any notification

Advice to Management

Work closer with direct employees to make sure the business word together and prevents future mass layoffs

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Response

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Generalist-Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. As with other large companies, we need to scale up or down with our work force due to the economy. We value our employees and it is always a hard decision if we need to ... More

"dock worker"

Former Employee - Dock Worker in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Dock Worker in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

pay is somewhat decently ok.

Cons

company works on a low budget, forklifts are old and broken. This place is a sweat shop

Advice to Management

get new equipment and material to get the job done right.

Roadrunner Transportation Systems Response

Sep 26, 2016 – HR Generalist-Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. This maybe for one of our operating companies as we have confirmed with the service center manager that we have brand new equipment at our St. Louis Service Center. We ... More

"I/C Coordinators only can help a driver as far as upper management will allow. Set in place to take the blows from I/C's"

Former Employee - I/C in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - I/C in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of LTL freight. Just have to learn the lanes. The pay is decent compared to other O/O Outfits. They treat you with respect.

Cons

They only help you to a certain degree. I/C Coordinators are a joke. They really are useless because they just call upper for the ok on anything.

Advice to Management

Become more personalized with your drivers. After all, they are the reason why your in business.

"Truck Driver"

Pros

Schedule flexibility. Courteous staff. Secure yard.

Cons

3 weeks before 1st paycheck.