Roadrunner Transportation Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
Roadrunner Transportation Systems CEO Mark A. DiBlasi
Mark A. DiBlasi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Roadrunner Transportation Systems has an incredibly flexible business model and the team work at the Corporate office is incredible (in 3 reviews)

• Good company, good training, always learning something new here (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely horrendous customer service (in 6 reviews)

• Pay that no one could possibly live off of ( (in 5 reviews)

1. "BDM Pay"

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

Good company, good training, always learning something new here.

Cons

Could be better structured.

Advice to Management

Need to divide up accounts and let people run their own.

2. "It is a job"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

It is a job with pay.

Cons

Online search reveals more results than are able to be indicated here.

3. "Roadrunner review"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like the type of work. Was very challenging.

Cons

It could have been more employee friendly.

Advice to Management

Aim to make employees want to be at work. Make it more than just a job that people come to everyday.

4. "Freight Broker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sebastian, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sebastian, FL

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many to mention here, possibly relaxed dress code. If you have any experience in this field, you may be successful.

Cons

Watch the commission split on the contract, CrossRoad Trucking gets 70% of commission and you get 30%. This means you must produce volume to actually make any money. The owner will always make the money. Lack of training. Owner gets majority of pay. Nepotism in the giving assistance and leads.

"This company is a joke"

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Wichita, KS

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None it's very bad company and going out of business soon

Cons

Every thing and trucks very filthy

Advice to Management

Go out of business faster

"Serious problems with fraud"

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

I could not find any pros at this position

Cons

RRTS has taken on way too many companies with shady practices. They are currently being sued by their share and stockholders because of missing funds. They acquired a Company in South Carolina that has over $1 million worth of funds missing. Why would you let anybody from that original company stay in that office? Why are you holding onto bad employees, employees that steal from you, employees that don’t care about their drivers, employees don’t care about their customers??? How can you expect to have respect when you do not do the right thing at the right time… Well, as it appears at anytime. There are serious issues with this company and most of the attorneys I’ve talked to call them “shady.”

Advice to Management

Get rid of the old time employees that were in place before you bought that company, they could care less about you coming into what they consider their company. If someone is stealing from you get rid of them, why in the world can you not figure that out? Even if you don’t know exactly who was stealing, you know who was in charge when the stealing was being done and you look really bad for not doing anything about it.

7. "3PL - Ascent Global Logistics - A Roadrunner Company"

Current Employee - Transportation Specialist in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Transportation Specialist in Akron, OH

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company benefits, consistent 40 hour week with minimal overtime.

Cons

Pay that no one could possibly live off of ($30,000). I hold a business degree from a major 4 year university and live with my parents. Very flat organizational structure; advancement opportunities are slim to none. Raises are about standard at 2%/year. Absolutely horrendous customer service. RRTS Agents are laughably inept at their jobs, typically with no training, no prior transportation experience, and high turnover. Worst transit times in the business. Overall, a dreadful LTL freight providor. Cannot say anything about other modes (TL, rail, Int'l, etc) as I have not worked with those sectors of the company.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't know where to begin. Good luck to anyone with the misfortune of being a manager at RRTS.

8. "Loader/unloader"

Current Employee - Loader/Unloader in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Loader/Unloader in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like the atmosphere, everyone is friendly, everyone helps one another

Cons

None, I have no issues bout working there.

Advice to Management

Like Los Angeles I was there when I was 12yrs. Old, like to know if I could transfer there if possible, I have 20 plus year's experience on forklifts n would like to be full time with benefits which I don't have

9. "Not worth it. Don't do it."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSR hours weren't bad. Made friends. No weekends. Pay was alright.

Cons

ALWAYS getting yelled at by 3pl's, customers, or shippers. Developed stomach ulcers due to the stress. Centralized all the calls to 1 office. Freight getting routed to wrong location. Freight getting lost or very badly damaged. People who are still working at the terminals barely answer emails let alone phone calls. Written up for petty things. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees you have. Just because they develop health problems due to the job don't treat them differently. When we come to you and tell you that your stressed don't say that maybe the job isn't for you and make them feel small. Go back to having 3-4 csr's at every terminal like it was before so you can ACTUALLY get a hold of someone to find out when something is leaving the terminal. Not left guessing or having to send an email that goes unanswered only to have that person who needs their freight to keep calling until it delivers damaged or late.

10. "Jumped ship to save my sanity!"

Former Employee - Sales in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Livermore, CA

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good price point attracts frugal customers. Decent benefits.

Cons

Most your time is spent putting out fires because there is zero forward thinking from top operations management. They'd rather consistently cut corners and have sales go find new business instead of doing the right thing and taking care of current shippers. We work hard to earn the business and they destroy it all by trying to save another few bucks per trailer by having unskilled poorly trained dock workers cram freight in trailers. Their short sightedness of pinching pennies leads to unnecessary damages and lost freight. The $5 they save upfront turns into a $1500 freight claim and tons of phone calls/emails to sales and customer service. Furthermore the revenue stream from that shipper goes up in smoke and the chance future revenue and profits is gone. Company wide customer service is the worst I've ever seen, even Walmart takes better care of their customers. To survive you have to do almost all your own customer service while time could be better spent generating new business.

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy and driving all your business away. If you spend a little more money on the front end putting out a better quality process on handling freight you will avoid the majority of headaches down the line and also grow the business. Being an economy carrier doesn't mean you are allowed to be sloppy and run on skeleton crews. You can hire the right staff at each location, train them well, and even pay them good but if you don't change the culture and ignorance of senior management from the very top you will never succeed.