S3 Shared Service Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Mike Scully

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I'm able to work from home all the time because I did what I was supposed to do" (in 6 reviews)

• "I love how credit unions treat their borrowers/members and I think that S3 does a great job encouraging their employees to provide great service" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working for 3 different credit unions is extremely tedious" (in 7 reviews)

• "There are little to no bonuses or incentives" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love working at S3 - great people, management, benefits and opportunities.

Cons

Complex work - need to be detail oriented.

Advice to Management

Like the new learning & development opportunities.

2. "Too much work, not enough staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time

Pros

It’s the Credit Union industry, so its member focused

Cons

Too much to do. Not enough support or staff.

Advice to Management

Managers and the Director work 10 to 12 hour days without lunch breaks. Other staff are guilted into working through unrealistic expectations and work loads. Everyone is stressed out and miserable. Take a greater interest in hiring more staff.

3. "Work hard but have fun!"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to help people and make a difference! I love that I get to connect directly with members and walk through helping them from beginning to end. It is fast paced- but it makes the day go quickly.

Cons

If you don't like working with people, I wouldn't recommend working here. You are constantly communicating and working with members and other co-workers.

Advice to Management

Keep showing that you appreciate employees and their hard work. I also really enjoy the holiday department competitions and pot-luck lunches!

4. "Working at S3 with a sense of purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is part of S3 strategy, strong commitment to learning & development, I have the tools and resources to do my job, teamwork is a core value that is demonstrated often, my work has meaning

Cons

Young company, still building structure and earning credibility with its partners.

Advice to Management

continue to seek development opportunities, there are plenty of programs and resources to utilize

5. "Great place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Pros

Flexible hours, internal promotional program, competitive pay, and open door policy with management with ideas for improvement

Cons

There are insufficient parking spaces

6. "Exciting place to work."

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time

Pros

S3 provides training and advancement opportunities for the employees. The work is face paced and never boring. There are fun employee events throughout the year.

Cons

While the PTO is really good and comparable to other companies, the sick leave provided is not however. Most similar companies (financial based businesses) offer more sick leave and the opportunity to carry over unused sick time.

7. "Small but growing"

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time

Pros

There is a start up feel with lots energy. There is a ton of growth going on within the organization. Leadership works with individuals to get suggestions and ideas on process improvement and work as partners with their teams. There are training and professional opportunities for not only the leaders but individual contributor level as well. There is a strong culture and the organization is committed to their values - they practice what the preach. In my role there is great work-life balance and flexibility.

Cons

S3 is a small company that grew extremely fast so there are some growing pains. Adjusting for scale and workload means there is a lot of change with the organization. However, the change focuses on improving the process for the employees. It is a busy but fun environment.

Advice to Management

Provide more daily coaching on professional development in addition to training classes that the company offers.

8. "Lots of Work, High Standards, Company Culture"

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time

Pros

Lots of meaningful work for those who want a career not just a job. Standards and levels of expectation are high- challenges you to do your very best every day. Great company culture, caring atmosphere, everyone is friendly...even the CEO

Cons

Some areas keep poor performers too long which has a negative impact and causes morale issues for people who want to do the right thing.

Advice to Management

More public thanks, more parking, more office space

9. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum Heights, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum Heights, MD

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment
    Great advancement opportunities
    Good benefits
    Management cares

Cons

Must be willing to work hard

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

10. "Its a paycheck- you can find better"

I have been working at S3 Shared Service Solutions full-time

Pros

Food and small contests every now and again.

Cons

pressured to meet company standards but not given the sufficient tools such as training and true development. Its all fluff. New company and they want to provide a discounted service but does not offer the proper tools to succeed. Systems are a constant failure. Processes and policies are in place but never followed or managed. Top management turn the other way and won't address best practices. Other departments never want to take the call and assist you to assist the member. For those that work in the contact center you are almost expected to be incompetent and not know anything from a specialty department. They hire to fill a seat.

Advice to Management

Take the time to play a more hands on role with your reps, we need to be invested in. Training is important with all the information we are expected to know. Also, since we handle all the general calls training is important. Developing me to know how to have complex conversations and know to de-escalate issues are important. Aside from that I want the other departments to stop talking to me like I am an idiot and to genuinely understand that I want to help my member. The values are not promoted in all departments.