KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

S3 Shared Service Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2021

Found 132 of over 135 reviews

3.6
S3 Shared Service Solutions Chief Executive Officer Mike Scully (no image)
Mike Scully
Pros
  • "There is also opportunity to work from home, which helps with the commute and my work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "The Management listens to its employees, and offers great work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "S3 is still a fairly new/young company - founded in 2012(in 11 reviews)

• "The premise sounds great on paper: 3 credit unions have pooled their resources together to have 1 operations center with multiple departments(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

The new hire orientation is impressive! They really take the time and invest in their new hires by offering a 3.5 day orientation training. Directors and the CEO of the organization attend the orientations and have a portion in the orientation where they present information. Company really cares about work/life balance and setting up their employees for success.

Cons

There are no cons to share at this time.

2. 5.0

Positive Attitude

Jul 19, 2021 - Member Service Representative in Augusta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Orientation was by far the most engaging, informative, creative and diverse way of learning about our positions.

Cons

Only issue is due to being remote, technology will fail sometimes.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Welcoming Company :)

Jun 8, 2021 - Learning and Development Specialist in Linthicum Heights, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule, adapted to the changes in 2020 quickly and seamlessly, supportive teammates and leadership, CEO walks the walk and communicates with the employees well. S3 is always trying to stay connected in fun ways - Pandemic they had contests monthly and started a new rewards program to show appreciation to employees.

Cons

not all business areas have the ability to work remote

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Beware

Jun 16, 2021 - Home Equity Closer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved this company and worked hard for five years in two different departments (lending call group, then home equity for four years). We had the best manager, an amazing director. It was a busy but enjoyable work experience.

Cons

**Pandemic Related** Due to an underlying health condition, I was instructed to work remotely by my doctors. Our team was already working from home, however, the new director instructed that we would have to come back into the office - this was at the beginning of the pandemic. HR gave me two options - come back or else. I was forced to resign and was treated horribly.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

Great place to work!

Jun 18, 2021 - Title Clerk in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO, Optional[CO]
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training and tools are designed to help you advance your professional goals and advancement opportunities.

Cons

None that I know of.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great starter

Jun 8, 2021 - Member Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

HR was very helpful from start to finish of your NHO and paperworks. Generous compensation and fast communication with the management

Cons

when you get into another level or specialty I think its fair to get another level of compensation too.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Zero Culture, tons of deception, rude customers constantly,

May 30, 2021 - Member Services Representative in Linthicum, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very simple and straightforward scheduling. Some days you don't get many calls. Decent training. Free stuff given away. The schedule itself isn't so bad, but Adherence cancels that out. DO NOT WORK FOR ONLINE BANKING. YOU WILL THANK ME LATER

Cons

Underdeveloped culture, lazy posing managers,Poor training in some areas. This company will change major systems literally overnight, train yoh briefly and toss you straight into it. To request time off it needs to be way in advance to be successful and they won't allow you to plan too far ahead. When you start they try to make S3 seem like this very friendly place but don't be fooled. Customers will be cussing you out all day regardless of your demeanor. Ever since they brought in Zelle customers nonstop yell at you. The company gets upset if you have to hold for res 1 for zelle holds etc but don't allow you to simply col transfer the call where it needs to go and literally will make you wait 30 mins for the res 1 but give you problems for doing it. No flexibility over schedule. Burp or sneeze or even have your connection break up during calls and you can get fired. My first week of training they used a call where a girl simply had a bad call with a member as a reason they fired her and believe me, it really is that easy to get let go. Also systems go down it seems on a regular basis. Dont be surprised if you start your day and can't get on the phone until 30 mins later due to the systems going down. High turnover. Very few stay very long. Theres a reason.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

S3 File processor

May 18, 2021 - File Processor in Linthicum, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relaxed work environment & great benefits

Cons

I would say the company is unorganized and overwork its employees

9. 5.0

Great Culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Employee Experience Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Orientation was the best training I've ever had. The company truly wants their employees to succeed and they care about culture. Work/life balance is encouraged. Great place to work!

Cons

I do not have any complaints.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

I enjoy the Remote part of my job so much, and even though you are remote, you always have someone to assist you when needed. Even in the Remote part of the job, everyone is willing to help each other. I love working at this job.

Cons

I have not found any yet.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews